Uriko

Singer Yuna

Baldylox

battrastard

Migon

Salica

Sign in to follow this  
Damiensdolls

Can we urge doll companies to use sustainable alternatives to vinyl?

Silent

This topic reminds me my older (not necessary) a business idea with philosophy  "A dolls that could return to mother nature"

And maybe those dolls wouldnt be articulated not even a dolls, maybe more like a mini portable statues with ancient feeling. And maybe wouldnt be even degradable so much when put into earth. Maybe only from wood and in asrte-povera ethno style. Thoose were just concept ideas and only few of many possibilities and directions of my desire to made a doll - not necessary as business (since 11, I am 28). My sister was curious about my eco-doll idea. My sister is: independent, artist, feminist, bit hipster, vegan, alternative, spiritual and doesnt like capitalism in meaning of big corporations and inequality of world wealth. But that doesnt mean poeple must be like her to like new eko-doll brand idea. 

I was considering something this: 

On 4/3/2021 at 3:34 PM, Testament said:

Biodegradation would be better if it is a comandable process, like "submerge in water for 3 hours" or "use this other enviroment friendly chemical component to dissociate the plastic in no harmful basic elements" or "expose the item to UVB ray for 1 day and it will vanish in thin air"...

As mentioned, I also prefer to buy second-hand doll. Not only it is cheaper, or more accesible if it is limited doll which doesnt have any new runs. Mainly it gives doll a home and warm loving heart. And hope it prevents them to get claustrophobia.

I dont like blind packs stuff like LOL or  Barbie color reveal. Also I dont like (not only) magic the gathering booster packs. That is why I prefer as tolarian comunity collage proffesor says to "buy singles I need".

(note: I never succesfuly made a doll but still have an obsesion to make accesories/apparel set and put them in older reusable packages - which I use once again on new apparel set for another doll. I think, what if there is some psychological tendency in minds most of the people to enjoy unpacking/unboxing/unwraping stuff)

I remember bionicle sets used canisters and paper boxrs where only for big bionicle sets. Later bionicle used paper boxes for all sets. I like paper - good for crafting. But is it paper eco friendly. Maybe more than oil, it wont polute ocean and kill animals if ship has accident. But economic forests are also big question because they are like plantation. Also land eruption is a problem and less forests you have the faster water gets out of earth and summers are more and more and more hot. You can recycle paper but not endlessly - in terms of making a new paper. More often can be reused. Plastic can be recycled endlesly but not every plastic is recycleable. Recycling plastic is not very ecological in terms of exhalates. But to burn that only few milion years old plankton is pity.

Hoppi indians have prophecy that if we gather wealth from deeps to surface we reach apocalypse. This is was mentioned in film Koyaanisqatsi which is also a term for "life out fo balance".

Sorry for turning off-topic.

Tasuke
18 hours ago, Silent said:

Hoppi indians have prophecy that if we gather wealth from deeps to surface we reach apocalypse. This is was mentioned in film Koyaanisqatsi which is also a term for "life out fo balance".

seen that movie twice over the last 20 years, -most recently under a year ago- and it was actually pretty interesting, so far as art films tend to go...

Edited by Tasuke

Konomi_Sig_3_RESIZE_250px._Vert.jpg?widt