Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Lizik-chan

Azone 50's anyone?

nanika

Can anyone recommend a bodysuit for an AZO2 G-bust? (regular skin color=whitey?)

This is what I've found so far. The Y! Auctions one is nice, but pretty expensive. The Parabox ones are cheaper, but I'm not sure what color they are or if they will be too long (and bunch up).

Parabox:

http://parabox.jp/netshop/clothes/cl-fb-088/ (legs only)

http://parabox.jp/netshop/clothes/cl-fb-086/ (full body coverage)

Yahoo Auctions Japan seller: (nice, but expensive)

http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h223820374 (full body coverage)

http://page15.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/t478157778 (round open neck)

I've also been looking for a good crotch stand for a 50cm Azone. Any recommendations?

The Volks MSD Saddle Type stand is too short for 50cm dolls, but just barely works for a 48cm.

http://volksusastore.com/webstores/dollfie/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=1294

The Volks SD Saddle Type stand seems to barely work for a 50cm, although the crotch prongs are spread apart wider than I wished for. It can push out their dresses a bit too much. The metal is pretty solid, so bending it seems difficult.

http://volksusastore.com/webstores/dollfie/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=5249

K-2
Can anyone recommend a bodysuit for an AZO2 G-bust? (regular skin color=whitey?)

This is what I've found so far. The Y! Auctions one is nice, but pretty expensive. The Parabox ones are cheaper, but I'm not sure what color they are or if they will be too long (and bunch up).

Parabox:

http://parabox.jp/netshop/clothes/cl-fb-088/ (legs only)

http://parabox.jp/netshop/clothes/cl-fb-086/ (full body coverage)

The Parabox full body suit you've linked to looks like it's on their 47cm body, so with the shorter arms and legs it's going to bunch up as shown. One of the 6 images shows three different sizes, presumably for the 47, 48, and 50. If that's the case, I don't know what the story is on all the wrinkles and folds in the other photos.

I have used regular Dollfie Dream sized body suits on several of my Angel Philia 48 and 50cm girls. AP uses the Obitsu 48/50cm as well. They fill out the torso sections nicely and the extra leg length I have either cut off or stuffed in their shoes.

This is one of the sellers I've purchased from.

https://www.jauce.com/auction/c542187031

MVSig.jpg

elianti

I have the medium Parabox bodysuit on my AZO2 I bust, and think the fit is good. Their S size is meant for 40/45cms, M is for 47/48/50cms, and L is for 60cms if I remember correctly. I'm not sure about 55cm boys though.

The Parabox bodysuit is a bit stretched out in the chest area but I'm sure that won't be a problem with a G bust. ^^ Overall, the AZO2 body's extra curves and thickness make for a snug and smooth fit. I did think it was a bit loose in the feet area, but since all Parabox/obitsus in the 40-50cm range use the same feet it was probably intended to be like that. As for color, I do think that the body suit is a touch pinker than Obitsu white as shown in the Parabox images, though the difference isn't that noticeable in my AZO2. I don't mind it personally.

nanika
This is one of the sellers I've purchased from.

https://www.jauce.com/auction/c542187031

Thanks for the tips, K-2 & Elianti!

That looks to be the same seller "nyni55" as the AZO2 bodysuit auctions.

I wonder, would a Dollfie Dream Semi-white bodysuit be closest to the AZO2 body color? I need to get one anyways for a pre-ordered DD Snow Miku, so here's hoping that Volks USA restocks it tomorrow.

I'm eagerly awaiting an AZO2 size outfit that I ordered back in May from circle Esukaiyakurabu: 4-way Sailor Outfit.

They ship overseas via EMS, but I had to use a proxy to order from them as the only forms of payment were bank transfer or credit card through Yahoo Japan Auctions (which doesn't like foreign credit cards) . She? seems to be a one-woman business, sewing stuff herself, so orders can take awhile. And she only speaks Japanese. But I was happy to find someone that actually made outfits specifically for the AZO2 body.

elianti

Oh goodness, she's adorable. Her outfit is the most idol-like out of the Happiness Clover idols so far.

FreelancerAlphaOneDashOne

Hi guys, excuse the dodgy photo quality but I thought I'd show off how Kan-chan's looking these days. I found this shirt on Mandarake and I thought it too perfect to pass up.

27896638313_0dd866769f.jpg2 by Fluffy Tank Fairy, on Flickr

She's a very photogenic young woman, unfortunately master isn't capable of capturing it.

Kagura (Obitsu 50) | Nadeshiko (Parabox 47) | Ohime (Azone 48) | Mei & Makoto (Parabox 40 F/M)

Waffles

I believe that these are new outfits. They're super cute. If they're new outfits I'll be sure to get the mint green one. ^^

Delfina
Ooh, just saw a new Azone Happiness Clover release for this Fall:

Mihagi, Kureha

Oh!!! I was so mesmerized by the new Lilia (Sorry I can't post photos or links yet >.<) that I didn't even realize this girl is a Happiness Clover girl! I thought she was some anime character collab or something. Wowww I think she's the cutest girl since the first Moca!

The new recolor Alice dresses are so cute too ^^ it's gonna be hard to resist them! In my case, I'll probably just not be able to afford them.

nanika

I believe that these are new outfits. They're super cute. If they're new outfits I'll be sure to get the mint green one. ^^

Unfortunately they look to be complete dolls, and Azone Direct Store limited (although sometimes these releases appear for pre-order for a real limited time (few days) on stores like AmiAmi). 2016 October release, no set price.

Ellen "Mint Chocolate"

Obitsu 50cm, M bust, Whitey

Alice "Strawberry Chocolate

Obitsu 48cm, S bust, Whitey

Here are several photos of the Azone Wonfes display: http://taitan-no.net/archives/2016/07/26/2249.php

Azone is even making a 48cm S-bust High School Fleet girl, besides their Pure Neemo releases.

Cauldroness

What gorey sacrifice to the vinyl gods do I need to make to get Azone to make an open-eyed head?

I would be totally sunk and buying everything if only they had open-eyed heads...

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

Cauldroness
What gorey sacrifice to the vinyl gods do I need to make to get Azone to make an open-eyed head?

I would be totally sunk and buying everything if only they had open-eyed heads...

They have a Line with open eyes, but no standard open eyes I think

http://myfigurecollection.net/encyclopedia/39042_another_realistic_characters

Yeah, I'm aware of the line, but they haven't seen a release since Utena in 2014... the other releases were 2013, 2012 and 2008. Why can't they do cute girls in frills with open-eyed heads?

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

elianti

I guess painted closed-eye heads are just the niche Azone carved for itself among doll companies, unfortunately. It's not too hard to switch the head for another open eye Obitsu/DD/SQ head, and it seems like their licensed character dolls have a removable headcap so they can take an eye-opening mod, but it would be much better if that wasn't needed in the first place. An open-eyed Cecily and Alice would be really nice...

Poofiemus
I guess painted closed-eye heads are just the niche Azone carved for itself among doll companies, unfortunately. It's not too hard to switch the head for another open eye Obitsu/DD/SQ head, and it seems like their licensed character dolls have a removable headcap so they can take an eye-opening mod, but it would be much better if that wasn't needed in the first place. An open-eyed Cecily and Alice would be really nice...

Yeah, that's where I get baffled: painted eyed licensed heads I can see, since to a lot of people they feel more "accurate" to the art. But why not do open-eyed heads of their original characters? It's not like there's anything to be accurate *to* beyond their own vision.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

nanika

I don't know if this applies to all Azone licensed character dolls, but they seem to have a less-sculpted face than the Azone original ones. I have an Iona & Takao 1/3 Azone, and neither of them have sculpted mouths or defined eye outlines. It's a smoother contour. This probably allows for character-specific eye shapes. However, my Yui Western Village Land 1/3 Azone original has a sculpted mouth and a more sculpted nose (than Iona or Takao), plus a clear defined outline edge of where the eyes are. So eyes are probably more standardized in shape to make use of the more defined head sculpt.

Poofiemus

Hm, no, my Homura has a sculpted mouth, as well as defined eye-divots--which I'll admit I was surprised by when she came in, and was a BIG factor in her keeping her original head. Then again, the Madoka girls all have a non-standard face shape (that wide face style), so maybe they *had* to sculpt new heads for that and went whole-hog.

It's nice to hear that the original girls often have similarly defined sculpts though! Still wish they were open-eyed, but if there's that much definition then it might make it easier to do an open-eyed mod on one.

Waffles

Their newest mold from the original line ,Nanaka, has a headcap so maybe they're starting to change that. I wonder if their newst alice will have a headcap... Hopefully she will ^^.

Delfina
Their newest mold from the original line ,Nanaka, has a headcap so maybe they're starting to change that. I wonder if their newst alice will have a headcap... Hopefully she will ^^.

Did the new Alice and Elen not have headcaps?

I thought they might since they had wigs (right?) instead of rooted hair. Weird. But I guess it was easier just to keep the style of head they already had. Still, it would be nice if they gave all their 1/3 dolls headcaps. It would make life a lot easier when the neck piece gets stuck inside the head =.=.

K-2

Here's a question for you Azone owners. What size/shape are the neck holes on the heads of your Azone 50cm dolls?

I have over 40, Obitsu 50cm bodies and their accompanying heads from various companies, but only 3 Azone bodies, all without heads. All these other 50cms heads have the typical Obitsu slot shaped hole in the base of the head (and head caps).

I don't recommend removing your doll's head just to answer this question. We all know what a pain reinstalling can be. But if you have removed a head for some reason...?

MVSig.jpg

elianti
But if you have removed a head for some reason...?

No problem. I removed Mahiro's head from her AZO2 body soon after getting her because I'd be using an SQ lab head for that girl instead. Here's a comparison between her and some other heads I have:

Co1umfbUMAAWCbL.jpg

L>>R: Azone Mahiro(propped up by Luna's headcap), Obitsu 50-01/Mizuki, Parabox Luna

I didn't realize until Waffles's thread about opening an Azone's eyes, but her neck hole is indeed not slot-shaped. Instead it's round, just big enough to fit the neck piece in with practically no wiggle room at all. My only heads with an Obitsu neckpiece installed atm don't have slot-shaped neck holes, but if I remember correctly the slot shape also makes a deeper forward/backward head tilt possible right?

I also wiped Mahiro's faceup since I'm planning to use her head for another girl eventually. Her head does have a nice sculpt, though I wouldn't mind a bit more definition in her nose. ^^"

Co1yXg5VYAEMLMp.jpg

And I haven't posted my girl in a long time! Sorry for the poor picture quality (and SQ lab head instead of Azone lol), but here's Elia!

Co1p9TvUEAAQPbq.jpg

K-2
I removed Mahiro's head from her AZO2 body soon after getting her because I'd be using an SQ lab head for that girl instead. Here's a comparison between her and some other heads I have:

Co1umfbUMAAWCbL.jpg

L>>R: Azone Mahiro(propped up by Luna's headcap), Obitsu 50-01/Mizuki, Parabox Luna

The Azone Mahiro head shown with the neck piece in place.

I didn't realize until Waffles's thread about opening an Azone's eyes, but her neck hole is indeed not slot-shaped. Instead it's round, just big enough to fit the neck piece in with practically no wiggle room at all.

So the Azone heads (without head caps) have round neck holes in the base of the head and are just jammed on the neck piece. They have a friction fit around the exterior of the neck piece and are not using the locking collar of the neck piece to clamp the edges of the vinyl at the neck hole. That explains why they don't need head caps. There is no need to get inside the head to set the locking collar.

My only heads with an Obitsu neck piece installed atm don't have slot-shaped neck holes, but if I remember correctly the slot shape also makes a deeper forward/backward head tilt possible right?

Correct. With the locking collar in place, the head can slide front to back along the slot. With the Azone head attachment method the only neck bend/head tilt movement would be where the neck piece attaches to the top of the "rib cage" part inside the chest.

MVSig.jpg

Poofiemus
My only heads with an Obitsu neck piece installed atm don't have slot-shaped neck holes, but if I remember correctly the slot shape also makes a deeper forward/backward head tilt possible right?

Correct. With the locking collar in place, the head can slide front to back along the slot. With the Azone head attachment method the only neck bend/head tilt movement would be where the neck piece attaches to the top of the "rib cage" part inside the chest.

Hm. .. I've been wondering why Homura's head motion was so restricted. When I unpack her again after the move around October, I'll see if her head is jammed on like that despite having a headcap. Even if her hole isn't slot-shaped, I may be able to at least improve the seating of it somewhat. (She's due up for other TLC like new ankle joints anyway.)

K-2
I may be able to at least improve the seating of it somewhat. (She's due up for other TLC like new ankle joints anyway.)

Loose ankles or swapping out to the newer shorter ankles?

MVSig.jpg