Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Lizik-chan

Azone 50's anyone?

knibitz

so I took a risk and got an 8/9 wig. I figured I was safer with an 8/9 because even if she can't wear it, other dolls I have can, and I don't have many dolls that fit 7/8 that don't have specific wigs already.

As luck would have it, she arrived today and when I tried wigs on her, leekeworld 8/9s fit like a glove!

as did volks DD wigs. Her head is very bulbous compared to my other Azone girls.

Here she is in a leekeworld 8/9

33843070562_a06b3b124c.jpg

elianti

Well! Moka looks lovely in that 8-9 wig! Her head doesn't look too small next to your M.O.M.O., which is kind of surprising. They look really good together actually, like Moka's the little sis. Her extra round head helps. It's a good thing you got the larger wig then. My Mahiro at least wouldn't be able to wear an 8-9 wig without putting on several headcaps first. I guess Azone does vary head sizes after all. Sorry for the misleading suggestion! ^^"

Also, nice Raichu plushie! c:

knibitz

Moka is such an odd size, it's actually a bit frustrating.

Her head is a little smaller than an 01's, but rounder than my other azone girls. (though its hard to tell since amane is rooted)

34003320875_22a018d5e6.jpg

And her body, though beautiful, is a bit of a nightmare. I'd called it an "MSD sized DDdY" yesterday, and that's the best way I can explain it. She fits nothing I have that isn't stretchy. She was going to be a very formally dressed doll for me, but I think she's going to end up a sweatshirts and leggings kind of girl because that's all I have that fits her!

Lastly - I was shocked that she's SHORTER than my other azone girls! I was expecting her to actually be a bit bigger! I'd gotten an AZ02 skirt in a previous clothing order and was big on my normal azone girls - fit my DD3s and DDSs great though! I was really surprised when I stood her next to my girls and she was a cute, short, little doe-eyed girl.

I did a short box opening over on my blog. The photos turned out awful, but if anyone's interested in how Azones are packed or some poor pictures of her outfit, they're at the bottom of this post:

https://detroitdoll.wordpress.com/2017/04/12/moka-arrival/

elianti

lol I often see AZO2 bodies being described as short DDdys. That works well for my own plans because I have several curvy girls that aren't tall enough to necessitate using an actual DDdy body. As for wardrobe, I haven't really strayed from Azone-made AZO2 clothing, but I suppose that the clothes Volks makes specifically for M-bust DD/DDS should fit since their measurements aren't too different. Stuff meant to fit other SDs as well have been hit or miss though.

As for her short height, Moka is 48cm(~50cm) while Amane and Ellen are on 50cm(~52cm) bodies so she should be shorter than them. Also, the AZO2 abdomen part is likely another reason why she seems so short. That part itself is short compared to other 48/50cm Obitsu abdomens and it's why AZO2 torsos tend to look short in pictures. I can't speak for the stock Obitsu parts, but the top of the abdomen vinyl on vmf50 type A and B extends about a cm longer compared to AZO2s. It seems tiny but to me it makes a difference. That's the main thing that really bothers me about AZO2s. If you push in the torso frame parts all the way, you'd end up with a girl with a scrunched up torso and disproportionately long legs. One with nice curves, but still. ><" I ended switching to those Type A/B parts instead for my two girls and now have two spare AZO2 parts. I may use one of them, but I'm not sure what to do with the other one. xD;;

knibitz

goodness! the longer I'm in Azones, the more confused I get!

So I just now learned that my Ellen and Amane are actually Azone50s, when I thought they were the 48cm variety - but people say Azone50's fit DDS? My girls definitely don't. They fit MSD wonderfully, skirts/pants and sleeves are just short.

It's possible for me to swap an Azone 50's legs with Moka's legs pretty easily right?

I'm not home right now, but I think I want to do that when I do get home. It's been wierding me out that Moka is the short one of the family, hopefully dressed the torso to leg ratio won't bother me as much as her height difference bothers me now.

K-2
It's possible for me to swap an Azone 50's legs with Moka's legs pretty easily right?

The short answer is, "Yes!"

Most of the difference in height between the 48cm and 50cm Azone/Obitsu bodies is in the lower legs. You should be able to remove the entire leg by pulling it off at the hip, perpendicularly to the spine.

Here's a tutorial on replacing the torso of Obitsu 48/50cm dolls, like your Azone. Although it's on torso replacement it goes into some depth on leg removal and reattachment.

http://www.dolliehsanctuary.com/sanctuary/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11764

This tutorial is NSFW due to neked doll parts.

MVSig.jpg

nanika
According to some handwritten signs in the wig area at the Akihabara Azone Label Shop, Moka wears a 9-inch wig. So does the character doll Tomoe Mami (Madoka). However, Yui & Mahiro wear an 8-inch wig.

That's. . . odd, that Mami supposedly wears a 9-inch wig. Homura, same manufacturer, same series, same height body, definitely takes a 7-8. (I tried 8-9s on her, from my DD girls, as hypothetical color tests. I may as well have put her head in a hair-covered sack.)

Do keep in mind that even for Azone releases from the same anime series, the bodies can vary quite a bit too. Homura is an Obitsu 50, S-bust. Mami is an AZO2 50cm, G-bust.

knibitz

so I tried to swap legs and and it's sorta a no go. the thighs don't fit. I thought about trying to swap the thighs, but one goes socket > peg, and the other is peg > socket, so that's a no go

The only way to do it would be to swap vinyl but keep the skeleton and even that I don't think will actually work...

T_T in other news my denverdoll order was supposed to get here today but has now been MIA for 48hours since leaving Colorado USPS is useless.

Ruko
Could you post a picture of this gap? Depending on where it's located it could possibly be minimized by trimming one of the skeleton's "bones" so parts fit together better.
The next time I pull Asseylum out of her Box I'll snap some closeup shots I guess.

Ebuki(SWS DDdy DDH7)

knibitz

I've had some fun with my girls lately :3

33451064394_af358baac5.jpg

Moka ended up getting a completely different look.. and a look that keeps changing. I haven't been able to pin down what I want to do with her yet, but I'm finding that she looks amazing in everything!

34271885775_b7389ee64f.jpg

34060474385_8d6ba313d2.jpg

elianti

Ooh Moka really does look good in different clothing styles! I love that first pic of Ellen in a bed of toys too!

nanika

Azone (Ringo) is teasing the following image:

C-0pbnsVwAAjywY.jpg

From the 1/3 doll line, a new Azone Original "new contents series" debuts.

Her eyes... can this be true?

I guess they'll be displaying her at Dollshow 50 in Tokyo tomorrow.

Nyx Whitestar

Wooow I'm super excited!! Painted eyes are the only thing thats block me for Azone50 girls, that would be awesome!!

ig-log10.png ap10.png

Poofiemus

An open-eyed head? Dude, that's exciting! THe last time Azone did an open-eyed girl was what, 2009? Looking forward to the full reveal!

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

elianti

Some pictures of Noix from Doll Show, courtesy of neemosi on twitter! Iris Collect will be the newest 1/3 series featuring open eye dolls, with Noix releasing starting at the end of the month.

C-83yQxVYAAg8MI.jpg

C-83yQxU0AAuC44.jpg

She's so cute! It's nice seeing Azone-original girls with opened eyes. I wonder if the Another Realistic Characters series will see another addition too eventually. There hasn't been a new open eye licensed character doll from Azone since Utena..

Poofiemus

She's really cute! Reminds me of a less-derpy Neris. And awesome there'll be a whole series of open-eyed dolls!

I have to wonder about Another Realistic Characters, too. I'm sure if the original Iris Collect dolls do well, that'll open up to more open-eyed licenses, but that begs the question of if they'll go under Another Realistic, or if Iris Collect is meant to *replace* Another Realistic.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

aquaria13

She's soooo cute! Just one question... since I've never owned anything besides DDs I have no idea what her body is like! (Her knees look a little worrisome in some pics but that's something I can live with)

Does anyone have any info? Or even what body type she will b?

elianti
I have to wonder about Another Realistic Characters, too. I'm sure if the original Iris Collect dolls do well, that'll open up to more open-eyed licenses, but that begs the question of if they'll go under Another Realistic, or if Iris Collect is meant to *replace* Another Realistic.

Somehow I don't think it'll replace Another Realistic Characters. Perhaps Iris Collect will be for their original open eye dolls and Another Realistic Characters will be for licensed character dolls? Who knows for sure tho! ^^

She's soooo cute! Just one question... since I've never owned anything besides DDs I have no idea what her body is like! (Her knees look a little worrisome in some pics but that's something I can live with)

Does anyone have any info? Or even what body type she will b?

She'll be using a 50cm Azone AZO2 body(with a G bust), which is basically a really curvy Obitsu 50cm. I don't have a DD, but 50cm obitsus are even shorter than DDS girls. They're probably around the same height or just a tiny bit taller than Dollfie Dream Pretty girls. You can see comparison pictures of a DDS and an AZO2 at nmachi's blog here, and a picture of a regular Obitsu 50cm(with a DD head) next to a Miku DD and a headless DD body at the thread here. EDIT: I forgot to add Yenna's comparison! You can find that here. (nsfw warning for all links because body comparisons)

Hope that helps! Posing wise.. videos on YouTube would probably be the most useful to give you an idea of what they can do. Obitsus are really good posers. But they do have exposed joints, which some people don't like. Their size and posing capabilities make them really fun imo~

aquaria13

Thanks for the info! It seems like they are exactly that... a smaller sized DDS (I have a M.O.M.O. So I know the size well) is it difficult to find clothes for them though? Since they are an in between size? (Besides the main site)

elianti
Thanks for the info! It seems like they are exactly that... a smaller sized DDS (I have a M.O.M.O. So I know the size well) is it difficult to find clothes for them though? Since they are an in between size? (Besides the main site)

Since their sizes are sorta close to DDS/DD, I've tried buying clothes labeled to fit DDs, with mixed results tbh. AZO2s are a little smaller all over. I have a feeling that the Volks clothing meant to specifically fit SS/S/M-bust DDS/DD ONLY(not any of their resins) may fit well, though I haven't actually bought any of those sets yet to make sure. My only Volks outfit so far is the larger Candy Pop dress, and while the shirt fits wonderfully on my I-bust AZO2, the jumper skirt is just so big on her waist! xD It can still work, but it bothers me a bit because the style is perfect but it's kinda loose.. Their shorter height also makes the dress look longer but it looks alright that way too.

In the end Azone-made clothing is the safest bet for perfectly fitting clothes of course. Their styles are cute but often really basic, at least right now. They're often kinda slow with clothing releases too. I hope they make more interesting sets eventually.. I really like the outfits on Noix, the newest Moka, and a lot of the Black Raven series girls but not enough to buy an entire doll.. ^^"

aquaria13

Thanks for all the info! This will definitely be a line I will continue to watch... especially if they keep doing removable acrylic eyes! The one thing that kind of bothered me was the painted on eyes.. I'm not sure why... maybe they reminded me of my old barbies or something

elianti

I think painted on eyes work fine for their 1/6 dolls.. and because of the painted eyes some of their licensed character dolls look a lot closer the original artwork(closer than some licensed character DDs imho lol), but open eyes are just really lively and expressive? Being able to switch them out and position them differently is always fun. Anyway, Noix's page is now up on Azone's website.

%E3%83%8E%E3%83%AF1st_001.jpg

%E3%83%8E%E3%83%AF1st_002.jpg

All my sighs because this is totally an outfit that my planned DDH-06/DDP girl would wear(right down to the 3-way leather bag). Noix's head is sorta 06-ish and the height is similar too ><"

Ruko

I think that generally for anime styled characters painted eyes do a better job.. socketed eyes have potential to be amazing but nobody actually makes amazing eyes probably because most people wont spend the money that very good eyes would cost. I see incredible looking one-off eyes here and there but nothing widely available. in any case it will be interesting to see what Azone does with these heads from now on.

Ebuki(SWS DDdy DDH7)

Misuka

Noix is really cute. I didn't expect to like her this much.