Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Lizik-chan

Azone 50's anyone?

yokha

I've costumized my azone 50 siggy, opened her eyes myself, and give her a new face up with my friend help, if she finished I'll post her photos here,

So excited.

yokha
I never was a fan of painted eyes but the new 1/3 Azone is really super cute: http://de.myfigurecollection.net/picture/1098773&ref=item%3A249257 The sculpt is much more detailed as most of the other Azone sculpts before. Seems like the sculpt was the issue for me. Guess Azone tries a serious attack on the Volks customer base

Oh that was nice one, she looks cute.

And oh hey! I don't know I'm gonna meet you here. Hha

yokha
I never was a fan of painted eyes but the new 1/3 Azone is really super cute: http://de.myfigurecollection.net/picture/1098773&ref=item%3A249257 The sculpt is much more detailed as most of the other Azone sculpts before. Seems like the sculpt was the issue for me. Guess Azone tries a serious attack on the Volks customer base

FreelancerAlphaOneDashOne
Is there a place where people post pics and discuss Azone more? I'd like to see more owner pics and such... It's pretty quiet here and Azone is offtopic completely on DoA.

Really, this is the best place I have found to discuss Azone/Obitsu dolls except for /jp/... and I'm banned from there at the moment.

Just feel like sharing a photo I took recently, Homura got witch guts on her regular clothing from a badly timed Hyperion Longbow and was forced to wear Madoka's combat gear while hers was being laundered and now refuses to give it back, so Madoka had to borrow a spare uniform. I figured out how to get the best possible photos from my dodgy phone camera. Much improved over what I used to get with it but still far from outstanding.

20140919_102849_zps2f1d7f85.jpg

Long black hair + frilly pink outfit = ????

Does anyone know of a place online to get doll-sized necklaces?

Kagura (Obitsu 50) | Nadeshiko (Parabox 47) | Ohime (Azone 48) | Mei & Makoto (Parabox 40 F/M)

Poofiemus

Haha, that's adorable! She probably likes that wearing makes her feel so close to Madoka; I know that's the only reason my own Homura would consent to wearing that much pink!

I do know that there are several people on this forum making DD necklaces, though I can't remember their names off the top of my head. ^^; If you search the Marketplace or Member's Custom subforums for "necklace" you ought to turn them up. I bet some of them would gladly take a few links out to make them more Azone-friendly!

Some of the bigger doll stuff stores do too, though you wouldn't get the chance to customize length like you would with the forum people. I know Nine9 does, and I'm pretty sure Dollmore does too.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Sturmhornisse

Silently I am everywhere?

But I was a bit busy due to exams!

yokha

My azone 50 siggy, she's got a new face up, I think I like this face up more than the original hha 15498780501_d25f0a181b_z.jpg

Went and bought Sayaka a new dress from Parabox and a necklace from a fellow on Etsy. I am seriously upset with both Sayaka's mahou shoujo suit and myself as the boots were an absolute pain in the arse to remove. Through no fault of the boots themselves, though; one of her ankle joints was a bit bleepy from a previous incident (me being a hamfist and unfamiliar with how the joints worked), and when I tried to take her boot off, despite having heated it with a heat gun for quite some time, it just took her whole foot off. In the end I actually had to cut the boot off to recover the foot and screw that holds it in. The threaded plastic in the ankle had just given up and stripped out.

She has a new entire leg-foot assembly on order from Parabox now, after putting some blutack on the metal screw and putting it back in it's holding up good enough for her to pretend nothing is wrong. She has no apparent issues standing up, despite one foot flopping around freely, the other by itself is enough to hold her up. Guess it says a lot about the quality of the Obi50 body.

20141021_123545_zps65019425.jpg

20141021_123612_zps0b1b64b9.jpg

This poor thing has had more shit happen to her than any of my other girls. Including being knocked over by my darling cat and her head dropped on the carpet during a decapitation that went awry. I really am a terrible owner.

Kagura (Obitsu 50) | Nadeshiko (Parabox 47) | Ohime (Azone 48) | Mei & Makoto (Parabox 40 F/M)

K-2
Omg I hope she's sturdy like DDs

The Obitsu 50cm body is very sturdy and unlike the DDs all the parts that are subject to breakage are available individually. The only parts you would have trouble replacing are Azone's custom vinyls and those don't really break. Although they could take damage from abrasion if you try hard enough.

MVSig.jpg

miko89

The Obitsu 50cm body is very sturdy and unlike the DDs all the parts that are subject to breakage are available individually. The only parts you would have trouble replacing are Azone's custom vinyls and those don't really break. Although they could take damage from abrasion if you try hard enough.

One day maybe I'll get a small Azone for my DD's doll. (get it? xD)

Just 1 thing contra I don't collect them because they're not customize-able in terms of face..

facebook | flickr| deviantArt | Face-up Service is CLOSE

Wishlist : DD Chihaya

The Obitsu 50cm body is very sturdy and unlike the DDs all the parts that are subject to breakage are available individually.

Some of my girls joints are so tight they squeak when I bend them. They are also generally pretty good at standing up on their own and when barefoot could hang off the side of the fridge if I felt like it.

miko89

The Obitsu 50cm body is very sturdy and unlike the DDs all the parts that are subject to breakage are available individually.

Some of my girls joints are so tight they squeak when I bend them. They are also generally pretty good at standing up on their own and when barefoot could hang off the side of the fridge if I felt like it.

That's good ! its get in peeve when my doll can't stand on her own

K-2
Some of my girls joints are so tight they squeak when I bend them.

I always thought squeaky tight joints were a good thing.

MVSig.jpg

miko89

I got use of squeak sound since I own BJD too

Some of my girls joints are so tight they squeak when I bend them.

I always thought squeaky tight joints were a good thing.

They are, and it is something my Obi50 girls nearly all have in common, especially on knee and shoulder joints. The only issue I've ever had with loose bits was due to me manhandling the poor girl to the point I broke it, and then repaired it with some superglue. It worked alright as a stop-gap, but was never quite as tight as I like my girls to be, so it only had to last until a replacement bit showed up.

In unrelated news, my Kinomoto Sakura Nendoroid finally arrived. And every opportunity to take a cute picture shall be seized.

1_zps4c0cddb8.jpg

Poofiemus

Aaaw, Madoka and Sakura go so well together!

I agree, the tight joints rock, and therefore the squeaking is a happy noise for me. I haven't broken anything on Homura-dawg yet, knock on wood, but I'm glad there's so many replacement parts available for her.

Speaking of Homura-dawg:

15343010633_ee16d21979_z.jpg

Best shot from the first shoot with my new camera! And, well. . . just because I haven't broken anything on her, doesn't mean that she's not going to try to break the other two a little. ^^; (She's beating merriness into them with a lollipop.)

Is that Homura's original wig? I'm not sure if it's just my crappy computer screen/your sunlight/my old eyes, but the hair in your photo looks a lot more "purple" than my Homura, which is jet black. And it looks like you tied it up as well? Would love to see a few more pictures of her. She's adorable, in spite of her "don't touch me you filthy human" attitude.

My Akemi-san is currently hiding away in her cabinet because I don't have a nice set of casual clothes to fit in with the rest of the cast... so she's modelling a one-piece swimsuit I found on Mandarake for $10 and none too happy about it.

The design of my carry case is not going as planned. When I was unemployed, I had all the time but no money to buy the materials. Now I'm working a 40-hour week, I have neither the money, nor the time. I'm not sure how that works, but until I sort it out, Mei-chan can make do just sitting in it.

6_zps1e31c3b8.jpg

Unfortunately I'm still stuck with using my phone camera for the forseeable future. It's good enough to get the point across, as can be seen, but it's not enough to make me want to do real photo shoots. In the time I've been out of work (since February) a very long list of things to spend money on has appeared, ranging from mechanical work to my car to major infrastructure projects in my bathroom and front yard. All of that alongside maintaining wardrobes for four girls at the same time and wrangling three cats makes me a very poor gent indeed.

Poofiemus
Is that Homura's original wig? I'm not sure if it's just my crappy computer screen/your sunlight/my old eyes, but the hair in your photo looks a lot more "purple" than my Homura, which is jet black. And it looks like you tied it up as well? Would love to see a few more pictures of her. She's adorable, in spite of her "don't touch me you filthy human" attitude.

My Akemi-san is currently hiding away in her cabinet because I don't have a nice set of casual clothes to fit in with the rest of the cast... so she's modelling a one-piece swimsuit I found on Mandarake for $10 and none too happy about it.

It's a Leekeworld wig from this summer's limited color batch, the color "Blackberry", which does indeed have purple in it. It's a bob with a clip-in ponytail. I did get some shot of her with my old camera, but they were for my Christmas card, so those won't be getting posted until after I get word that the physical cards are showing up to avoid spoilers.

Haha, yeah, sounds like your Homura hates being scantily clad as much as mine does! Just remind her it's either that or her birthday suit instead; you'll get a death glare, but at least it should curtail the complaints and death threats a little bit.

It's a Leekeworld wig from this summer's limited color batch, the color "Blackberry", which does indeed have purple in it. It's a bob with a clip-in ponytail. I did get some shot of her with my old camera, but they were for my Christmas card, so those won't be getting posted until after I get word that the physical cards are showing up to avoid spoilers.

Haha, yeah, sounds like your Homura hates being scantily clad as much as mine does! Just remind her it's either that or her birthday suit instead; you'll get a death glare, but at least it should curtail the complaints and death threats a little bit.

Can you tell me the specifics of that wig? (size, etc). I have never bought a replacement wig before, so I'm not familiar with what is likely to fit an Obi50 girl. I'm looking for a pink wig I can cut to produce a "hair down" Madoka. I went and checked out Leekeworld for the first time just now and saw a bunch of letters and numbers I don't know the meaning of.

I'm a big fan of Victorian and lolita style clothing, I currently have this skirt set on order for Homura to wear and this one-piece skirt for either Madoka or Sayaka, depending on who wears it best. They didn't keep their Mahou Shoujo outfits for long. Homura barely had it on for a week from when I first unboxed her and hasn't seen it since. Her expression aside, long black hair and traditional clothing are a match made in heaven to me.

twiggysbabe

I own a Obitsu 50 with a Kana head. I really like Obitsus 50cm body

15357074433_f22fdbf1e1.jpg

12101414793_2ba27a22cb.jpg

Poofiemus

Can you tell me the specifics of that wig? (size, etc). I have never bought a replacement wig before, so I'm not familiar with what is likely to fit an Obi50 girl. I'm looking for a pink wig I can cut to produce a "hair down" Madoka. I went and checked out Leekeworld for the first time just now and saw a bunch of letters and numbers I don't know the meaning of.

I'm a big fan of Victorian and lolita style clothing, I currently have this skirt set on order for Homura to wear and this one-piece skirt for either Madoka or Sayaka, depending on who wears it best. They didn't keep their Mahou Shoujo outfits for long. Homura barely had it on for a week from when I first unboxed her and hasn't seen it since. Her expression aside, long black hair and traditional clothing are a match made in heaven to me.

Oh, that one for Homura's adorable! Of course, I'm mostly drooling over the brown version. I'm a sucker for brown.

Leeke's abbreviations are kind of annoying. >.< The important part is the size; for Azones that's the 7-8 inch. (For DDs it's 8-9.)

The style I got for Homura: http://leekeworld.com/En/Product/p_view.asp?it_code=5661&B_catalog_num=21

The order period for the Blackberry color I have is over, but they've got an order for a navy blue going: http://leekeworld.com/En/Product/p_view.asp?it_code=6429

You might want to join Cauldroness's Group Order to save on shipping.

Oh, that one for Homura's adorable! Of course, I'm mostly drooling over the brown version. I'm a sucker for brown.

Leeke's abbreviations are kind of annoying. >.< The important part is the size; for Azones that's the 7-8 inch. (For DDs it's 8-9.)

The style I got for Homura: http://leekeworld.com/En/Product/p_view.asp?it_code=5661&B_catalog_num=21

The order period for the Blackberry color I have is over, but they've got an order for a navy blue going: http://leekeworld.com/En/Product/p_view.asp?it_code=6429

You might want to join Cauldroness's Group Order to save on shipping.

The brown set was definitely on the cards, and I may buy one yet as spreading a wardrobe over 4 girls (and soon to be 6 after Kyouko and Mami arrive) is tedious. But that pricetag though. I'm thinking of getting the baby blue version of the one-piece if it's still around by the next order I make as I think the soft colours would suit Madoka's childlike charms quite well.

Went and had a squizz around Leeke, the menu on the left still makes little sense to me. Just what do the abbreviations mean? I found some wigs that were the correct shade of pink or close enough to it for what I want, but no style that really screams "Homura stole Madoka's hair ties" as of yet. I am assuming I'd need to cut the wig to get the 'authentic' Madoka fringe and that terrifies me. As a baldy I've never really given any concern to cutting hair. It's complete foreign territory to me.

Actually, that gives me another idea. That black wig or one similar to it with a pair of tails on Homura, decorated with Madoka's stolen pink bows. Homura already has a prior conviction of stealing Madoka's clothing, so it's not unlikely for those bows to go missing overnight. I'm not sure if it's already apparent but I ship those two harder than Hapag-Lloyd. Always been a sucker for Princess and "Prince" style stories.

Although with all these ideas being fun, I'm not looking forward to fumbling around that little hook the bows use to clip on. I'm an auto dismantler by trade so I'm used to throwing around heavy equipment and steel, not playing with tiny little hair accessories.

I can't remember, do you have any of the other Puella Magi girls?

Poofiemus

The abbreviations are apparently different wig lines. LR and W are the synthetic ones, and honestly I don't know why they're separated to begin with. ^^; ART are limited with funky color blends. LM is mohair/wool, apparently. Unique is similar to ART, but even more limited. LP is, according to a product page, "Premium Mohair." Kay. ETC looks to be for tinies, so. . . ignore it I guess!

The key with cutting hair is to go slow, take off a teeny bit at a time. . . and hold your scissors at an angle, because that helps get a more natural, slight un-even-ness like real hair has. Trying to dig you up a tutorial.

Haha, Homura stealing Madoka's stuff is adorable! I think that in my house it'd probably be mostly the other way around though; my Homura's pretty possessive of her stuff. ^^;

I don't have any other Azones at all right now, though I'd love to pick up Madoka at some point. (DD Fate is probably higher priority unless I find a Madoka at a killer deal, though.)

EDIT: Found a good wig trimming tutorial!

Awesomeguy's Wig Cutting Tutorial Part 1

Awesomeguy's Wig Cutting Tutorial Part 2

I've usually done the upward trimming, but I might have to give the downward motion a shot whenever I get Agatha's new long wig.

I was planning on holding off on a reply here 'till I had some pictures of Homura in some nice clothing. However I made a bit of a boo-boo in purchasing from Mandarake (curse those silly runes that I can't read - and the lack of detailed photographs) and bought an outfit clearly designed for a lady whose assets include a much larger Northern realty portfolio than what Homura has. The HLJ collection I was going to get her has been thrown in with a pre-order to save on postage so it won't be here for a little while.

So now our little girl is pouting and sulking in a dress meant for a big girl. Would like to say I just can't make her happy and pass the blame but this was daddy's fault without doubt. Although she chose it over the swimsuit since it's at least actual clothing, she's definitely not in the mood for a photo session and I don't think she's gonna be happy to know that I went and bought some larger plots of land from Parabox to make the dress fit her properly, because dammit, I really like the dress!

Thanks for the links, and the explanation of the abbreviations. Being a baldy, hair really is an abstract concept to me. :/