Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Lizik-chan

Azone 50's anyone?

pandy

Hey everyone. Just bought my first and only Azone 50 girl! Super excited and she's being shipped out today! It's the red hair Amane blaze version. I got her for a really good deal on her fullset. Amane is my favorite black raven model girl so i'm very happy to have her. I am naming her Momiji. I was hoping maybe to score a newer wigged girl for more customization buut I like red hair so I'm OK with her colors.

Originally, I wanted a pink haired Amane or the new happiness clover Kureha. (She's just too cute ) I always thought that a big azone girl was still far in the future for me but I guess I got a really lucky deal.

I remember when happiness clover was just Yui and Moka so I'm happy to see there's so many girls now I think it would be great if I could get a happiness girl someday too but between my Amane coming in, my little pure neemos and dollfie dreams I'm good ahaha. Besides I get to see Nanika'a Yui sometimes and my friend Rose's Ellen so she will have a few friends already. ^^ I still think pink Amane is cuter(perhaps it's because I wanted her for so long?), But for the price I paid on red I can't really complain. I plan to style her hair a little as well to give her a newer look and I'm soo happy to receive her very soon and will post pictures after arrival!

Amane-Fate-Blaze-Azone-406.jpg

pandy
I really like the stardust Lilia I think it's called? But I like the one with dual colored eyes.. It's so pretty~~ I want an azone 50 myself but probably in the future~ Sometimes I'm surprised with the price azone sells them cause they come with painted eyes but they are still really cute and I definitely want one in the future ) Looking forward to see if they ever make an azone 50 male nevause thdu have the body already so all they would have to do is make a make head or character.. I hope eventually it will happen..~

Ooh that version of Lillia is pretty! I think that their price for their licensed character dolls can be kinda steep considering the painted eyes, but their original lines like the Happiness Clover and Black Raven series are generally much more tolerable, especially if they use the AZO2 body because that one is inherently more expensive/rare(and prettier imo xD) by itself compared to the standard obi bodies.

I think it's pretty unlikely that they'll make a 50cm male though, unfortunately.. Azone mainly(only?) uses standard Obitsu(48/50/60cm) or Azone-exclusive parts for their dolls, and the 50cm boy is technically a Parabox product. Maybe if they design/commission a boy body/parts themselves, or better yet if Obitsu updates their 55cm(and 60cm!) bodies.

Obitsu's 50th anniversary just passed yesterday apparently, so hopefully they have something nice planned in the coming year...

I was thinking Cecily would look good on a male body *shot* XD especially that white hair version. I do not think that azone will ever make a actual male. It wouldn't sell as much.

I've seen killer deals for stardust lilia, she's probably the easiest lilia to get right now. The curly hair and purple hair shooting to the abyss luluna too.

elianti

Congrats on getting your first big Azone, Pandy! I really like the blue version of that Amane myself, though my fave Amane overall is also the pink haired one(pink hair is -always- better and her outfit is so sweet!). I didn't know that her hair isn't a wig though. I assumed they all had wigs besides that one Western Village Yui that was specifically stated to have rooted hair.

And now that you mention it... A male Cecily may work! xD I don't know if Azone will ever do it though.

Alterne

I'm not at the post count where I can post links yet, but thought I should post letting people know about the "Black Raven Festival II" event.

The event will be happening from December 16th to January 9th at Azone stores in Japan.

New Lilia dolls (including an event exclusive) will be released. Default costumes for certain dolls and underwear will also be up for sale. It appears that the underwear will be available in a gachapon only. Purchases for 10,000 yen or more will receive an art book as a gift.

There will also be a lottery for a one-off repainted Black Raven doll.

Just thought that this event may give people the opportunity to purchase some Azone 50 stuff (in the aftermarket for most here, I believe)!

You can find more information on Azone International's site, it's linked on the main page where all the other news is so you won't miss it!

Edited by Guest

K-2

I always liked the depth of replaceable eyes so I opened Envy's eyes up.

EnvyEyes01.jpg

MVSig.jpg

Poofiemus

Wow, K2, Envy looks awesome! How on earth did you open her eyes while keeping the eyelash paint intact?

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

K-2
Wow, K2, Envy looks awesome! How on earth did you open her eyes while keeping the eyelash paint intact?

There was a little indent bordering her eyes was just inside the eyelashes so it was just a matter of trimming out to the indent. I still need to find my 16mm eye beveler for a little better fit and do some paint work around her eyes.

MVSig.jpg

elianti

Awesome job on the eye opening mod! I always thought the eyes in her promotional images already looked very "3D" for mask painted eyes, but actual opened eyes really make a difference. I should probably get an eye beveler sometime.. A lot of my heads have gapping issues. ><"

Poofiemus

There was a little indent bordering her eyes was just inside the eyelashes so it was just a matter of trimming out to the indent. I still need to find my 16mm eye beveler for a little better fit and do some paint work around her eyes.

Homura's have an indent, but the eyelashes go right up to the edges of it, and don't have a lot of leeway. The risk of damaging the eyelashes too much is one reason why I've never seriously considered opening her eyes. :/ Still, good to know it's at least *possible*.

Looks like in your case you don't have that much touching up to do, really.

K-2
Looks like in your case you don't have that much touching up to do, really.

Between using the beveler inside and "turning the corner" with her lashes/liner color, I'm hoping to take the black of the lashes/liner right up to the sclera (white part of the eye).

The most important thing up to this point was finding out if 16mm eyes would be a workable size on those eye openings. I think they are.

EnvyEyes.jpg

MVSig.jpg

Alterne

Between using the beveler inside and "turning the corner" with her lashes/liner color, I'm hoping to take the black of the lashes/liner right up to the sclera (white part of the eye).

The most important thing up to this point was finding out if 16mm eyes would be a workable size on those eye openings. I think they are.

16mm looks like a good fit, looking forward to seeing her when she's complete!

Poofiemus

Well, I applaud the fine touch you had opening those eyes, because they look fabulous. And yeah, 16 mm round iris is excellent in her! In oval iris you miiiight be able to go up to 18, but that's probably your upper limit.

AnnePecaro

Quick question!

Is it okay to post about Azone 60cm here? I'm not seeing any specific threads for them, and they don't seem to be as prevalent (I'm a vinyl noob though, so I could be way off base on that). I'm trying to pick up a Cure Maid Cafe Lycee from Mandarake, and she's definitely on the 60cm body.

She'll be my fourth attempt at vinyl (I primarily collect resin bjds), and I'm hoping she'll stick. I keep wanting to love vinyl....I loved both my Obitsu50s that I had, but I didn't care for their heads, and the Volks girl was too fragile for my tastes. I love little Azones, so maybe this big girl will do the trick!

K-2
Quick question!

Is it okay to post about Azone 60cm here?

I think so. I believe the only reason this thread has the "50" in the title is that most of the current Azones being released are now on the Obitsu 50cm body. But unless I'm quite mistaken I would guess all Azones would be welcome here.

MVSig.jpg

Alterne

And... another Kureha doll is coming up.

Cheerful Magical Girl Kureha was shown at the Doll Show last week. I got to admit, I like her outfit a lot!

illiana-hecate

Hi does anyone know how to separate the ankle from the leg. My takao ankle broke at the last dollfie gatheing and i have the replaced part but i just cant seem to remove the ankle from the leg. Any tips

Poofiemus
Hi does anyone know how to separate the ankle from the leg. My takao ankle broke at the last dollfie gatheing and i have the replaced part but i just cant seem to remove the ankle from the leg. Any tips

Oh, god, I had to replace Homura's ankles last year, and it was NOT fun--gave myself a blister doing it.

Get out your hairdryer/heat gun, your patience, and maybe a pair of gloves for grip. Heat the shin vinyl, then grab the ankle joint and tug. Rinse and repeat until the stupid thing finally comes loose.

Then, heat the shin again, and shove the new ankle joint in there a bit at a time till it finally sits properly. Put foot on, install screw in bottom of foot.

Apply hydration, neosporin, and swear words at any point as necessary. Good luck!

illiana-hecate

Oh, god, I had to replace Homura's ankles last year, and it was NOT fun--gave myself a blister doing it.

Get out your hairdryer/heat gun, your patience, and maybe a pair of gloves for grip. Heat the shin vinyl, then grab the ankle joint and tug. Rinse and repeat until the stupid thing finally comes loose.

Then, heat the shin again, and shove the new ankle joint in there a bit at a time till it finally sits properly. Put foot on, install screw in bottom of foot.

Apply hydration, neosporin, and swear words at any point as necessary. Good luck!

Um....wont it be easier if i just took the ankle appart and unscrew the broken pice off and just replace it with the new one or is that a bad idea

Poofiemus

Um....wont it be easier if i just took the ankle appart and unscrew the broken pice off and just replace it with the new one or is that a bad idea

Ah, you mean the ring piece? I was intending to do that, but then I compared my new joints to the old ones, and realized the peg the ring goes around cracked too. Technically, only one ankle was broken on my girl, but I was paranoid and replaced both ankles entirely.

DollyRambles

I'm thinking about purchasing an Azone 50? I had an interest them around the time of Ellen Time of Eternal II was being released, but I wasn't financially able to do anything. I recently bought a Dollfie Dream, and I forget what reminded me that these girls existed, but now I want one haha. Is it true that they have magnetic feet though? Just curious. I'm still going to buy one, I just wanted to know haha.

K-2
Is it true that they have magnetic feet though? Just curious. I'm still going to buy one, I just wanted to know haha.

Yes, all the Azone 48/50cm bodies (which are manufactured by Obitsu) have small, powerful magnets built into the bottoms of their feet. The relatively light weight of the vinyl bodies allows these magnets to help the dolls hold a pose. The dolls will come with a circular black metal plate, which is used as a doll stand.

I don't know if any of the Azone dolls come with the high heel feet like some Angel Philia and RAP dolls, but the high heel feet do not have the magnets installed.

MVSig.jpg

AnnePecaro

NSFW (New Dolly Nudie Pics)

My Azone 60 Cure Maid Cafe Lycee *finally* came in (after a month-long ordeal with Mandarake payment systems not working for her order o.O) I am sooo happy we finally got the purchase to work! She's my first big Azone girl, the only vinyl currently in my house, and very vocal.

She immediately insisted I photograph her with my herd of malevolent rabbits.

She would not even give me time to dress her.

No. It must be *now*.

You cannot blame me for what happened next.

32936789222_6875a04cbe_z.jpg

It was innocent enough at first....

32247215504_e1c20447d5_z.jpg

Until the world turned upside down....

Moral of the story:

DO NOT WALK NAKED AMONG THE RABBITS.

Also:

BUY ALL THE BIG AZONES FROM MANDARAKE.

elianti

Congrats AnnePecaro! Its always such a relief when dolls finally come home safely. Lycee sounds like an interesting girl already. xD Will her style be similar to her default outfit?

In Azone 50 news, Azone put up official pictures of the new Happiness Clover Kureha!

AOD511-CMK_06.jpg

AOD511-CMK_03.jpg

AOD511-CMK_04.jpg

Like the other Happiness Clover girls, she's 45,000jpy before tax, and Azone will start taking orders on March 7.

I loooove the look of this Kureha! I really hope Azone will sell a AZO2 suit/jacket separately. I'm sure it'll happen eventually in a normal school uniform set or something since they've already done summer and winter versions of sailor uniforms, but this tailcoat version is just super cute!

And lastly, I finally got another AZO2 body from Y!J Auctions so now I have all of Elia's body, and most of Mimsy's! I started doubting that I really needed the AZO2 shins for Elia, but now I'm glad I stuck it out until I found a body with them. The extra curves make a difference, and the bigger DDS feet don't look out of place on it too.

Now Im just praying I don't screw up the dye mod... ulp

AnnePecaro
Its always such a relief when dolls finally come home safely. Lycee sounds like an interesting girl already. xD Will her style be similar to her default outfit?

No, she's my little children's librarian, Anatole Baguette, and I've just finished her face mods & painting! (Had to sand off that goofy grin--did not suit my girl at all!) So excited to have her put together!

32776786020_bee3bb0708_z.jpg

Anatole Baguette by Anne Pecaro, on Flickr

And... Wait... You're dyeing your girls? I knew you could dye resin. And ABS plastic. Don't know why I didn't think of doing vinyl. I'm assuming you're doing it in this case to color match pieces from different companies?