Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Lizik-chan

Azone 50's anyone?

Cauldroness
"Nowa" is simply how Azone listed the pronunciation of "Noix". When written in English she's "Noix", and Azone writes her name in Japanese with the katakana "no+wa" = "Nowa".

Both releases are the same character, Nowa/Noix.

Yeah, I realized that (I'm actually a French speaker -- "Noix" is a French word, it means walnut), I just hadn't made the connection before. So the myfigurecollection page should be fixed... she shouldn't be called "Nowa" in English, really.

I did just notice that Azone's blog page identifies Rino as "Rino 1st," so I wonder if they already have a re-release planned for her?

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

nanika

Chances are there will be another Rino in the future, but she'll probably have a different outfit, wig, & theme (not simply a different color). Rino is still available at a number of stores, so I doubt she'll have a v.1.1 The "Rino 1st" could be referring to the complete title "初夏の風の中で", which is roughly "In the early summer breeze", where the first kanji is "1st" or "start" followed by the kanji for "summer".

Nowa on the other hand, sold out so fast (within minutes at some places), and people starting paying considerably more for her 2nd hand (Dollfie prices). Plus having a really short pre-order period followed by same month delivery, and being the first Iris Collect, I don't think Azone produced as large of a run as normal. So a v.1.1 is a great move by Azone to allow people to get her for retail price.

Enjoy your Rino when you get her! I have both Nowa & Rino, and they're so beautiful. I need to re-seat Rino's neck spring clamp-- those Obitsu neck pieces are always a pain!

36515437860_9b5384b623_c.jpg

IMG_20170709_191813 by Takao Kirino, on Flickr

Cauldroness
Chances are there will be another Rino in the future, but she'll probably have a different outfit, wig, & theme (not simply a different color). Rino is still available at a number of stores, so I doubt she'll have a v.1.1 The "Rino 1st" could be referring to the complete title "初夏の風の中で", which is roughly "In the early summer breeze", where the first kanji is "1st" or "start" followed by the kanji for "summer".[/url]

Apologies for the confusion, the "1st" I was referring to is actually in the URL, spelled out that way (so it's not from the kanji):

http://www.azone-int.co.jp/blog/irs/2017/06/02/rino1st/

They seem to use English in their blog URL, the 2nd Noix has "Noix Again" as part of the url:

http://www.azone-int.co.jp/blog/topnews/2017/08/25/noixagain/

Your Noix is such a pretty girl! Do you have any owner photos of Rino? So far, I've only seen her promo photos...

Tira

Does anyone know (roughly) how big the heads on the painted-eye Azone 50cms are? I'm considering changing Saber's head out for a Parabox Luna, because I feel like having acrylic eyes would make her look better, but I'm concerned that I won't be able to use her wig with the Luna head. The Luna head looks like it's a bit smaller than the Haruka or Gretel (the ones I have already), but they say it uses an 8" wig? Saber's wig was a tight fit on her current head, and it's somewhat smaller than my other Parabox/Obitsu heads, and it's an unusual enough style that I don't want to have to track down a replacement.

elianti
Does anyone know (roughly) how big the heads on the painted-eye Azone 50cms are? I'm considering changing Saber's head out for a Parabox Luna, because I feel like having acrylic eyes would make her look better, but I'm concerned that I won't be able to use her wig with the Luna head. The Luna head looks like it's a bit smaller than the Haruka or Gretel (the ones I have already), but they say it uses an 8" wig? Saber's wig was a tight fit on her current head, and it's somewhat smaller than my other Parabox/Obitsu heads, and it's an unusual enough style that I don't want to have to track down a replacement.

I don't have an Azone Saber(or any Sabers for that matter.. hah), but usually Azone's painted 48/50cm heads are on the small side.. like 7-8". Parabox Luna is also in that range so it may fit? According to Parabox, their Luna heads have a cirbleepference of 19.5cm, so you can measure your own Saber too. I could have sworn I saw someone on this forum with a Azone Saber with a Luna head actually.. iirc they kept the same wig too. If I find that post I'll link it here.

EDIT: ayy it was actually in this very thread! xD doll-mage had a Luna!Saber >> viewtopic.php?t=2012&p=164957#p169812

Tira

I don't have an Azone Saber(or any Sabers for that matter.. hah), but usually Azone's painted 48/50cm heads are on the small side.. like 7-8". Parabox Luna is also in that range so it may fit? According to Parabox, their Luna heads have a cirbleepference of 19.5cm, so you can measure your own Saber too. I could have sworn I saw someone on this forum with a Azone Saber with a Luna head actually.. iirc they kept the same wig too. If I find that post I'll link it here.

EDIT: ayy it was actually in this very thread! xD doll-mage had a Luna!Saber >> viewtopic.php?t=2012&p=164957#p169812

Thanks so much! Luna-Saber looks really cute.

Cauldroness

I received my new Rino last night, and she is sooooo adorable! I was not prepared for how much I'd like her "chubbier" features, but I find them really adorable.

I can't wait to start exploring what in my wardrobe box she'll fit, but I know I don't have any shoes for her. Her head is definitely a 7-8 instead of an 8-9, so I'll need to get some new wigs, too, but that's less daunting than shoes.

Where are your favorite places to buy shoes for Azone girls? Hoping for some links!

K-2
Where are your favorite places to buy shoes for Azone girls? Hoping for some links!

For the 50cm body it depends on what specifically I'm looking for. For a lot of styles I tend to shop ebay and look for inner lengths of about 6.3cm to 6.5cm (sometimes larger). Luts Kid Delf size shoes fit well but are a bit pricey. But you get what you pay for. I've bought a lot of Luts KDS-21 PRETTY CANDIES for school uniforms.

MVSig.jpg

Cauldroness

Okay, I decided to stick some DDS feet on Rino to deal with the shoe issue.

Now, option hands..? Do I buy the 50cm version or the 60cm versions?

elianti
Okay, I decided to stick some DDS feet on Rino to deal with the shoe issue.

Now, option hands..? Do I buy the 50cm version or the 60cm versions?

Ooh yay more Obitsus with DD(S) feet!

For the option hands, you should be buying the 50cm ones. From my experience, the vinyl of the obitsu option hands is stiff and the wrist openings are very small so getting them on the wrist peg was really annoying, even when using a hair dryer.

Personally I thought it was much easier to just use DD hands instead and use a little epoxy putty to bulk up the obitsu wrist peg. ..alternatively you can also try using DD hands + DD wrists in them too but it may or may not be a little loose.

nanika

For Azone (Obitsu) hands, I found it easiest to just lightly boil some water in a small bowl in the microwave, then dip the wrist end of the new hands in the hot water for a short bit. Keep them level to avoid any air escaping (and water entering) when dipping in the hot water. Then dry them off quickly and with a twisting motion, push them on.

Once on, I don't like bothering to have to repeat the process, so I would recommend buying extra wrist joints. About $13 a pair plus shipping-- not necessarily cheap, but probably cheaper than DD joints.

illori
For Azone (Obitsu) hands, I found it easiest to just lightly boil some water in a small bowl in the microwave, then dip the wrist end of the new hands in the hot water for a short bit. Keep them level to avoid any air escaping (and water entering) when dipping in the hot water. Then dry them off quickly and with a twisting motion, push them on.

Once on, I don't like bothering to have to repeat the process, so I would recommend buying extra wrist joints. About $13 a pair plus shipping-- not necessarily cheap, but probably cheaper than DD joints.

I never considered buying extra joints. This is genius!

K-2
I never considered buying extra joints. This is genius!

If you change hands frequently it's the best way to go.

MVSig.jpg

kct

Hi, first time poster and new proud owner of Mahiro after coming off a couple of Pure Neemos.

Not many plans for her yet (clothing swap maybe?), except I'm interested in swapping her shins to 50cm shins. Is there a difference between the thighs of 48cm AZO2s and 50cm AZO2s?

K-2
Hi, first time poster and new proud owner of Mahiro after coming off a couple of Pure Neemos.

Not many plans for her yet (clothing swap maybe?), except I'm interested in swapping her shins to 50cm shins. Is there a difference between the thighs of 48cm AZO2s and 50cm AZO2s?

As you may know, Azone bodies are manufactured by Obitsu and share the same skeletal parts with all other 48/50cm Obitsu bodies (VMF50s, Angel Philia, Visuadoll, Parabox, etc.). Each of these companies has designed parts (mostly skins and heads) specifically for their own dolls. Most of the parts for all these bodies are interchangeable and by mixing and matching you can come up with some unique looks.

Specifically to your question, the difference between 48cm and 50cm bodies is in the overall leg length. The thigh and shin each have about 1cm difference in length. While I can't speak for the aesthetics of comparing the AZ02 48 and 50 legs without having both on hand to compare (I only have AZ02 50cm legs), the two leg parts should be easily interchangeable.

The only trouble you might run into is the fit of the internal skeleton parts. In the legs there are mostly "peg in tube" type joints between parts, where a plastic rod (like a shin bone or femur) fits into a tube structure on the various joint parts (hips, knees, etc.). The variation in length of the legs is reflected in varying lengths of these rods. You may find that using the 50cm rods with 48cm skins requires a bit of trimming of the leg rod in order for the joints to fit tightly against the skin ends. With the longer 50cm skin parts you may find that 48cm rods will work but don't fit into the tube parts of a joint far enough and a lower leg may work loose easily from frequent posing. These problems can be remedied by purchasing the appropriate length skeletal parts to go with the outer skins.

But don't rush out and buy complete replacement legs yet. Buy the skin parts you want first and see if they work for you. Due to manufacturing variations over the years you may not need to buy extra internal parts.

The down side of buying parts incrementally is paying multiple shipping charges. Parabox is the premier retailer of Obitsu parts and will ship world wide, but you may find your shipping bill may be more than the cost of the parts. So you need to weigh your options (and $$$) before leaping in.

In any case if you decide to buy parts make the cost of the international shipping worth it. Buy some other stuff as well like wrist joints for those option hands, or another neck piece for that spare head. Parabox also carries clothing, wigs and eyes.

MVSig.jpg

elianti

Congrats on your Mahiro! Which version of her did you get? Winter Humming Mahiro was my first AZO2 too, though I ended up changing her up a lot. xD

Switching out her 48cm shins to 50cms is pretty simple and shouldn’t give you many problems as long as you *only* pull out her shins + feet during the swap and *not* the entire leg. Heat from a hair dryer will help a lot if you’re scared of yanking too hard on your new doll. ^^”” I actually bought a pair of regular Obitsu 50cm shins along with Mahiro so I could swap them out as soon as she came home. Once I got a second AZO2 body with AZO2 50 shins I swapped those in again for ultimate curvy legs lol.

The thighs for both 48cm and 50cm AZO2s are all the same btw. On regular 48cm Obitsus both the thighs and shins are shorter by a cm, but for AZO2s the height difference is all in the shins. Most use regular Obitsu shins, and the only AZO2-specific shin is the 50cm one. Getting regular Obitsu shins is pretty easy, though if you want the thicker AZO2 ones it’ll be more pricy since it’s not sold separately. Off the top of my head the only Azone girls that use the 50cm AZO2 shins are Happiness Clover Yui, Black Raven Cecily, and a few of the licensed character/Hybrid Active Figure dolls like Siggy.

I kinda feel bad for always suggesting getting Obitsu parts from other sites like HLJ instead of Parabox, but it’s just cheaper overall for me since nearly everything they sell has a slight discount and you can choose cheaper shipping options instead of just EMS. xD That being said, since you’re also in Asia EMS shipping from Japan isn’t too bad.

Good luck!

kct
Congrats on your Mahiro! Which version of her did you get? Winter Humming Mahiro was my first AZO2 too, though I ended up changing her up a lot. xD

I went for police Mahiro after I made a friend of mine get the pirate Yui (friend won an auction for a new pirate Yui for around 38k yen, I ordered Mahiro the same night). So far I have not met the minimum post number so I can't post pictures up yet.

Switching out her 48cm shins to 50cms is pretty simple and shouldn’t give you many problems as long as you *only* pull out her shins + feet during the swap and *not* the entire leg. Heat from a hair dryer will help a lot if you’re scared of yanking too hard on your new doll. ^^”” I actually bought a pair of regular Obitsu 50cm shins along with Mahiro so I could swap them out as soon as she came home. Once I got a second AZO2 body with AZO2 50 shins I swapped those in again for ultimate curvy legs lol.

The thighs for both 48cm and 50cm AZO2s are all the same btw. On regular 48cm Obitsus both the thighs and shins are shorter by a cm, but for AZO2s the height difference is all in the shins. Most use regular Obitsu shins, and the only AZO2-specific shin is the 50cm one. Getting regular Obitsu shins is pretty easy, though if you want the thicker AZO2 ones it’ll be more pricy since it’s not sold separately. Off the top of my head the only Azone girls that use the 50cm AZO2 shins are Happiness Clover Yui, Black Raven Cecily, and a few of the licensed character/Hybrid Active Figure dolls like Siggy.

I happen to dabble a bit in building model kits (Gundams and what not), so dealing with swapping parts of limbs shouldn't trouble me that much. I can live with Obitsu shins lol.

I kinda feel bad for always suggesting getting Obitsu parts from other sites like HLJ instead of Parabox, but it’s just cheaper overall for me since nearly everything they sell has a slight discount and you can choose cheaper shipping options instead of just EMS. xD That being said, since you’re also in Asia EMS shipping from Japan isn’t too bad.

Good luck!

I've normally purchased from the usual sites (HLJ, Amiami and HS) for various other things, so I'm familiar with that situation. That said, Mahiro was bought via a proxy and I was fortunate enough to escape with only having to pay 6% GST imposed on imported items that cost more than 500 MYR (cost of item + shipping), since the customs here have the knack of slapping arbitrary values.

kct

Sorry for the bump, but I found out that I can now post pictures and this place has been quiet despite the waves and waves of new announcements (Kano, new Lilia, Jeanne, new Yukari, Saekano girls).

So here goes with my (armed) Mahiro!

The day I got her:

yaN0DjHl.jpg

How she currently is:

Pgo6ms2l.jpg

Not much has been done to her, except swapping out her shins for 50cm versions.

Sadie89

She’s so lovely!

I almost bought a big Azone girl in january,but I had to stop myself last minute because of the Sailor Moon lottery. I really loved the feeling of handling one IRL,she felt a bit heavier that a DD! And I love the rooted hair,you don’t have to worry about falling wigs or getting them in the wrong size.

Maybe in the future,who knows? I’m the queen of impulse buying

kct
And I love the rooted hair,you don’t have to worry about falling wigs or getting them in the wrong size.

Maybe in the future,who knows? I’m the queen of impulse buying

Rooted hair remains a Black Raven and Ellen only thing, since Happiness Clover (except for the first couple of Yuis) and Iris Collect went with wigs.

It's fine, maybe someday you'll find someone that you would bring home.

Cauldroness

Well it looks like the Iris Collect series is going strong. Sumire pre-orders started 5/10 and she's already sold out on major sites (AmiAmi, HLJ, & HobbySearch). I didn't particularly love Sumire so I didn't order her, but I'm hoping the strong sales mean Azone will continue to release dolls in this series. I love having another vinyl girl option with removable eyes.

elianti

Oh, that’s good that she sold out so quickly on the usual hobby sites. I hope that’s a sign this series will keep going strong. I like Sumire(any girl that loves sweets so much is a good girl), but I think I already have enough AZO2/Obitsu 50 girls for now. As usual, I love her outfit. Here’s some official pictures of Sumire for everyone else:

163_l.jpg

4560120207230_2.jpg

Kinda more of the same style-wise, but cute/frilly is always nice to me There have been several 1/3 Azone releases that weren’t talked about over here, oops.

Anyway, in case anyone out there likes the outfits for some of the Happiness Clover releases like ‘Hidamari no Waltz Moka’, ‘Cheerful Magical Girl Kureha’, ‘Miracle Parade Yui’, and ‘Sunny Suite Yukari’, then you can still get just the outfit sets from Azone’s webstore with a proxy.

https://www.azone-int.co.jp/azonet/category/all/36

Yui and Yukari’s sets are already sold out though. I really like Kureha’s entire outfit, but could do without the bunny ears...

Cauldroness

I'm still trying to convince myself that I really don't need a Kano. I keep hoping she'll sell out so she'll stop tempting me!

Cauldroness

I HAVE NO SELF RESTRAINT

The Azone Direct variant of Kano came back in stock on the online store, so I asked if From Japan could get one. I just received confirmation that they placed an order for her!!!

It looks like there may be one left, if anyone else loves her:

https://www.azone-int.co.jp/azonet/item/4560120204277

elianti

Congrats, Cauldroness! I saw both versions of Kano displayed at Azone’s Akihabara store a few months ago and she’s very pretty. The regular Kano really reminds me of an Iris Collect version of Winter Humming Mahiro from Azone’s Happiness Clover series, so I prefer the Azone Direct version.

Tbh, when I saw them on display at the entrance window I was taken aback at how busty they looked, even though I already had the exact same Azone body. I’ve been using DD heads on all of my Azone/Obitsu bodies for short adult/teenager characters for a while now, and the bigger DD heads somehow downplay the bust size. xD

I’d love to see Kano and Rino together sometime!