Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Lizik-chan

Azone 50's anyone?

FreelancerAlphaOneDashOne

I'm just waiting for AmiAmi-chan to deliver my own Homura at the moment. I managed to find a partial solution to the lack of a tripod, a pair of Azone boxes stacked lengthways over my coffee table puts the camera at the correct height to take photographs into my display cabinet. That combined with having the leather protective case at a 90° angle holds the camera steady enough to get reasonably good shots, but still somewhat blurry as it's only a basic camera.

I bought an Azone Misaki Mei from a guy in IKEAland just before Easter, received her yesterday and set her up today. I had to get my house mate to hold her down by her boobs so I could slide the head cap and wig on without her sliding around the table and then he had the suggestion of posing Misaki giving my Sayaka a slap on the butt... so that's now what she's doing. Ludicrously out of character? Yes. Hilarious? Also yes!

I love her glass eyes the most. I don't mind the painted eyes on Madoka and her friends, but I was staring at Misaki's eyes for a very long time while getting her dressed. I couldn't bring myself to put her eye patch on and hide one of them...

Kagura (Obitsu 50) | Nadeshiko (Parabox 47) | Ohime (Azone 48) | Mei & Makoto (Parabox 40 F/M)

PrettyCranium

I saw your review of Homura on Figure.fm, Poofiemus, great reading. Thanks for the details. I am always just on the edge of ordering these girls.

Are you worried about staining at all? Or will you keep Homura in her outfit, so it doesn't matter?

Poofiemus
I saw your review of Homura on Figure.fm, Poofiemus, great reading. Thanks for the details. I am always just on the edge of ordering these girls.

Are you worried about staining at all? Or will you keep Homura in her outfit, so it doesn't matter?

You're quite welcome! I'm glad my OCD-level unboxing details were helpful instead of TL;DR.

I am a bit worried about staining, but that's one of those things where you don't really know how it'll pan out until it happens. I am more worried about the tights than the undershirt, since I've had pretty good luck with dark cottons in the past. And I did at least check her butt this morning to only find lint, but her bust and abdomen vinyl is significantly softer than the rest so I'll still have to peel the tights all the way off her to see how the rest of her reacted. :/ I'll be keeping you all posted!

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

bitterfishies

Poofiemus could you possible post a size comparison of Homura with your dollfie dream? I'd love to buy one of these girls, but I tend to not like the SD sized girls. I'm hoping they're close to MDD size.

Poofiemus

I haven't done any side-by-side of my own girls all barefoot yet (much less barefoot and naked), but I did get shots of my DDDy Agatha next to Animagic's Haruka, a DD head on an Obi50 body like the Azone girls use:

12022306965_716337ab3f_c.jpgP1040356 by Poofiemus, on Flickr

Both are in stocking feet here, so the height indication should be close.

I also did get some shots last night of Somunul's Hrist with Homura, but 1) I haven't sorted through mine at all yet and 2) both girls are wearing height-enhancing shoes so they may not be terribly helpful even though they're pretty cool shots. ^^;

I also don't currently have shots of an Obi50 next to an MDD yet, though hopefully I can grab some at the next meetup. The Obi50s are basically right between a DD and an MDD though.

Hi guys, potentially stupid question, but I want to ask before I go off and do something dumb and ruin my doll.

Does the de-staining process listed in the care and repair section of this forum (10% Benzoyl Peroxide Cream, etc) apply to Obitsu 50's (Azones) the same way? What I mean is, are Obi50's and Volks dolls manufactured of the same or equal materials?

My poor Madoka has a small yellow stain right on her collarbone from her soul gem's paint coming off, and I intend on both fixing the stain and doing something to her soul gem to stop it happening again. I only noticed it when I took the gem off to redress her in a sailor's uniform. It's barely noticeable when naked and not at all in her current clothing but it still sets off my autism/OCD really bad. I just can't sit still knowing she's stained like that... makes me feel like a bad parent.

Kagura (Obitsu 50) | Nadeshiko (Parabox 47) | Ohime (Azone 48) | Mei & Makoto (Parabox 40 F/M)

baldylox
Hi guys, potentially stupid question, but I want to ask before I go off and do something dumb and ruin my doll.

Does the de-staining process listed in the care and repair section of this forum (10% Benzoyl Peroxide Cream, etc) apply to Obitsu 50's (Azones) the same way? What I mean is, are Obi50's and Volks dolls manufactured of the same or equal materials? I just can't sit still knowing she's stained like that... makes me feel like a bad parent.

Hey there! I know exactly how you feel, I do that too when any of my girls get stains on them. But I've heard something said many times since I joined this hobby and it really makes sense to me now. Your girl isn't really yours until you stain her. It just means that you dress her up and play with her and she gets some love. Nothing to do with being a bad parent at all. So don't feel too bad.

As for the Oxy10 treatments, they do work on the Obitsu bodies. I can't say if the materials Volks and Obitsu use the same types of vinyl but they're close enuff for the treatment process to work the same. I'm actually cleaning a 40cm Obi body for Eblktty now and so far the stains are coming out just like on a DD. So feel free to use those guidelines to clean off that spot on your Homura, I'm sure it will work with no ill effects on her!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Thanks for the info, time to pay a visit to my local chemist and homewares store

The problem I have now is with Madoka, however I actually also have Homura boxwarming in the nude at the moment because I'm concerned about the amount of black fabric in her costume and her tights being A) all black and B) skin-tight. That, and, I'm waiting on a set of panties from Parabox because she didn't come with any and tights without panties is a travesty no leg-man will withstand.

Is there a body suit available for Obitsu 50's; and if so where is a good place to buy one?

It probably comes across as strange that an Obitsu owner lives on a Volks forum, but I've yet to find an Obitsu forum worth living on and everyone here is so helpful and nice, and there's lots of information and all the pretty pictures too.

Poofiemus

I know what you mean re: Obitsu/Azone oriented forums. There just don't seem to be any as lively as here, at least currently.

I do need to do another check on my Homura, since it's been a week since my last one, done at around the four-days-of-default-outfit mark, but the results at that check: Most obvious staining is from the wig cap, especially around the hairline, though none from the actual hair strands. There were some pinprick-type spots on the soft lower torso/hip vinyl from the tights that will probably need to be treated, but the residue the left on her thigh came off with a magic eraser. Her black undershirt doesn't seem to have done anything.

That check was because I got tree sap on her butt and decided to give everything else a hand wash in dish soap while I was at it. Don't know if that will have made a difference in the next check, and I didn't do her wig.

Though one thing: Her headband broke. I'd taken her outside for photos at a nearby park, but it was crazy windy, so she blew off the stump she was on. (She held her pose even when she landed, so she only didn't stand because she apparently caught air. XD) Her landing snapped the headband even though the rest of her was fine. Gonna have to get a replacement--or probably at least three, so she can also have the end-of-show ribbon version and the big showy bow one from Rebellion.

So my fears were not entirely unfounded then, sadly. I got a bit paranoid this morning and took Misaki's black knee socks off to check after about a week on, and aside from a little bit of fluff from the fabric, there was no noticeable staining despite being a reasonably tight fit and also black. I guess the torso, being apparently softer, is more susceptible to picking up colours than the harder limbs?

What happened to your headband is the reason I refuse to take my girls outside of my living room... it's like their own little sanctuary. It is by a mile the cleanest part of the house (single guy working 6-day weeks, sharing the house with a disabled dude... you can guess what the rest of it looks like). The rest of my place has things like cats and house mates in it, both of which are not conductive to a safe and happy doll... My darling little kitty once got into the living room, jumped into the space under the legs of my display cabinet, bumped it, and knocked Madoka into Sayaka and then both of them over. Luckily the only damage was a wig coming off.

Did that happen during the same photo shoot you put in your box opening post on figure.fm? I have that page saved for reference when I go to put my Homura together.

Poofiemus

No, actually, the headband snapping was from this shoot. If you look closely you'll notice it's there for some photos and gone for others--post-break naturally. Seriously though, the wind that day was insane.

I do intend to replace the headband eventually. Not sure if I'm going to make new ones out of wire, or if I'm going to join a GO for a place that sells them pre-made and then customize when they show up. I do still have the fractured original, so I can paint match that one, and I think on the new one I'll do something to add the black bumps that are on it in most scenes in the anime and movie. Not sure if they'll be beads or paint yet though. I'll also be doing a couple red ones, for the thin red ribbon Madoka gives her and for the big poofy one she gets with her new getup at the end of Rebellion. (Making that dress is gonna be a job and a half. Haven't found a good skirt lining yet and have no idea how I'm going to make the bodice stay up. But I do intend to do it!)

Anyway, did a staining check, and despite it being warm in here (I keep the AC at 80F to save on electricity a bit), the staining is just about where it was last time. Wig caused the worst hands down, but it was definitely only the cap that did it and not the strands. The undershirt caused none whatsoever. The tights left one thin streak, a faint shadow on each hip, and a couple pinpricks, but that's it--nothing a little zit cream won't fix. There was lots of lint though. XD Still, I'll take lint over staining any day! I did try to get pics, but no idea how well the stains will show up in them--they're mostly small and pretty faint.

Homura in different clothes looks really strange. Homura without leggings is a travesty!

Now that I've reached the big two-oh I can finally show everyone how grainy/out of focus my house appears to be my (incomplete) shrine to my beautiful goddess Madoka!

dkjh_zpsc6017337.jpg

I have to keep them in this glass cabinet due to the fact there are 4 cats and three people living in this house. Everything that is not hermetically sealed is covered in cat hair and dust from the surrounding regions (wheat/vegetable farms).

I have the every available volume of printed manga from the franchise and also the series Blurays on order, but the forwarder I use only ships in bulk once a month to save on postage costs so they are sadly some time away...

I did take some quick photos of Mei-chan but unbeknownst to me every single one of them has a nice shot of her panties that I didn't realise were on full display during the shoot...

Guest Aurea
Homura in different clothes looks really strange. Homura without leggings is a travesty!

I have to keep them in this glass cabinet due to the fact there are 4 cats and three people living in this house. Everything that is not hermetically sealed is covered in cat hair and dust from the surrounding regions (wheat/vegetable farms).

I have the every available volume of printed manga from the franchise and also the series Blurays on order, but the forwarder I use only ships in bulk once a month to save on postage costs so they are sadly some time away...

I did take some quick photos of Mei-chan but unbeknownst to me every single one of them has a nice shot of her panties that I didn't realise were on full display during the shoot...

Cool pic! I've always wondered if those outfits stained the hell out of their vinyl. I know some o fthe original girls with their blues and blacks stained like no other.

Thanks for sharing your treasure!

The clothing so far is fine, but Madoka's damn soul gem left a huge yellow stain right on her collarbone. It's paint transfer from the back of the gem. It's in a really noticeable spot, too. And I've been too busy and too poor to do anything about it. I'm such a terrible owner.

The instant I saw it I ripped off Sayaka's soul gem from her belly button, but luckily she doesn't have any staining there. So I dunno what it is about Madoka's gem, unless the gold paint is more transferable than the other colours?

Guest Aurea

Sad to hear. I'm not an expert on gold colors but when I used to do custom painted figures silvers and golds always had some odd ways of rubbing off in warmer temps. Maybe they didn't seal the gem properly? I know I was always scared of Sayaka's dark blue armbands and sleeves bleeding on her. Homura I have heard some horror stories of the black bleeding on her. Makes me wonder why companies don't do a better job of color locking their outfits/accessories...outside of selling vinyl replacement stuff...but on specific molded dolls can be a sad headache for sure

Poofiemus

Homura's outfit hasn't been too bad for me. The real issue has been her wig. Luckily that can be covered by any other wig, so I'm not hugely worried about it.

Maybe Madoka's gem rubs because of how it sits on her clavicle? It only contacts in a couple spots, from the shots I've seen, so it makes some small areas far more load-bearing, as well as keeps them from benefiting from the buffering effect of the double-sided tape.

Yeah the piece of double sided tape the gem came with was... inadequate. I went out and found a roll of white, wide double sided tape to replace it with, but that's not happening until I get the stains off. The plan is to cover the entire underside of the gem and cut the tape carefully with a hobby knife so there are no exposed gold bits underneath nor any tape sticking out the sides. I might have to slightly reposition it on her chest to prevent this happening again, too.

I went and got a white baby doll, lace garter and stocking set for Madoka (because reasons ), but I can't have her wear it due to the stain and it's really annoying not having the hours required for me to properly treat her. She's hiding in my cabinet with an Amiami-chan post card covering it at the moment.

As much as my camera and camera skills suck, I can't help but take stacks of pics of her she's just so god damned cute!

20131229_194250_zps39600c6c.jpg

Makes me wonder why companies don't do a better job of color locking their outfits/accessories...outside of selling vinyl replacement stuff...but on specific molded dolls can be a sad headache for sure

Azone have a bit of a reputation for making clothing that is... "acceptable" in quality. You'd expect a white underlayer on "super amazing" quality clothing, but sadly that is not a common addition to Azone clothes in my experiences. Aside the soul gem problem, I haven't had any staining issues however. Not even Mei's black overknee socks have stained... yet.

Also, aside from the heads, Azone dolls use standard Obitsu 50cm bodies, which are easily replaceable.

Poofiemus

Homura's rocking her new chair:

14484168874_1d7b893cde_z.jpg

14462287426_9db2c090ae_c.jpg

. . .and is refusing to share it. With anyone.

(If you're wondering why a dagger and not a gun, I blame the fact that she seems to like Game of Thrones.)

It's funny she's so possessive of it, as she would have hated it before I refinished it.

14482062411_c7f944f98e_z.jpg

Guest Aurea
Homura's rocking her new chair:

14484168874_1d7b893cde_z.jpg

WICKED COOL CHAIR!

Isn't it amazing what a palette swap can do to a piece of children's(?) furniture. Where did you find that? An Op shop maybe?

I'm not so sure she'd hate its' original form. Not admit to liking it, sure, but I've always thought Homura to be a bit of a girl underneath the hostile visage she ended up with. The old Moemura never completely vanished. Even right at the end I'm sure if she could unshackle her IMMENSE SUFFERING (or if we just gave her the damn Madoka like she wanted) we'd get that cute helpless little girl back.

In other news I decided to finally take the plunge and learn how to sew over the weekend. I went down to the local craft shop, found a friendly looking old lady and asked her if she had any scrap fabrics I could learn to sew with. Bear in mind this is a late-20's, bald-headed, overweight truck mechanic, asking an old lady about sewing. Must have been amusing for anyone watching.

I got given a meter or so of this stuff that looks like miniature mattress for some small change and some inner padding for free, so I happily took that, bought some required stuff like needles and threads, took it all home and started learning. Bear in mind I literally started with "threading a needle".

453_zps364abc3c.jpg

20140622_172004_zps043d2377.jpg

Had a go at making a couple pillows for little Mei, you can tell I've not done this before but hey everyone starts somewhere and I'm sure she appreciates not having her butt on cold wood all day. The cold wood in question stores all of her spare clothes and body parts.

Poofiemus
I never was a fan of painted eyes but the new 1/3 Azone is really super cute: http://de.myfigurecollection.net/picture/1098773&ref=item%3A249257 The sculpt is much more detailed as most of the other Azone sculpts before. Seems like the sculpt was the issue for me. Guess Azone tries a serious attack on the Volks customer base

Oh my god, she's adorable!

I agree, the past year or so Azone's been stepping up their sculpting game. The Madoka Magica girls all have unique, custom-sculpted heads, and the eyes are sculpted in with indents instead of just a smooth concave area like the past ones. Now if they'd do more open-eyed heads in general, things could really get heated in Volks v. Azone.

Been trying to make Homura's dark angel/Homucifer/Akuma Homura getup. That bodice is a real pain, but not for the reason I thought it would. I thought it'd be hard to get it to stay up, but the real issue is getting it to conform to her low back--for a girl with such a tiny ribcage and flat bust, she's got a surprising amount of junk in the trunk!

Syu_Akagi

I own 2 AZONE50 girls --- Haruhi and Sena . I feel AZ50 is now getting better and better these years.

Coming Soon ...

Yukamina

Is there a place where people post pics and discuss Azone more? I'd like to see more owner pics and such... It's pretty quiet here and Azone is offtopic completely on DoA.