Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Gummibear

Modding a Mochi-Ashi body with a Smart Doll

Gummibear

Hello, I'm gonna start this off by saying I'm a tech newbie, I asked this question before but I accidently put it in the wrong place so if any Mods know how I can delete it or if they can please help and... I'm sorry! 😓 😬

I do hope someone is able to help, I've been asking around but no one perhaps due to sacrilege of the question I'm about to ask has given me an answer. After lurking on Doll Dreaming I figured perhaps I could get an answer here without being ignored or demeaned.

I LOVE the MDD Mochi-Ashi body and and I LOVE Smart Doll heads I'm hoping I can mod the two together, I'm curious if anybody else has done this and I'm curious if DD Flesh matches closely to SMD Cinnamon?

Lynn

Technically that mod is very easy to make. The hole in the smartdoll head is slightly smaller than in a DD head, but you can heat it up with a hair drier and just push the head in place. OR, alternatively, you can string the head, if you are worried that the hole might crack under the pressure. My Smartdoll Cherry head is stringed to a DD Sister body. (To string the head you have to remove the neck peg, of course. I am not sure how easy that is with the new DD frame. I don't know anything about the new frame, I don't have any of them.)

However, the real problem about this mod is the skin tone. Smartdoll cinnamon does not match with DD Flesh at all. Cinnamon is much darker and also warmer colour than DD Flesh. Smartdoll Milk (now practically discontinued) was a decent match with DD Flesh, not perfect by any means, but at least acceptable.

So you have to fool the eye with clothing. Smartdoll also makes bodysuits that are very handy, because there is a separate bust piece that you can use. Hands can be a bit tricky, though. Unless you dye the DD hands to match smartdoll cinnamon or mod smartdoll hands to fit DD mochi-ashi. (I haven't tried dyeing, so I can't say anything to that, but I modded the wrist pegs of the DD Sister body to use smartdoll hands. That mod was irreversible, but I have another pair of wrists if she ever wants to use DD hands again.) I haven't got the mochi-ashi wrists though, so I'm not sure if the mod can be made to them.

I feel like I'm blabbering. 😅 But I really like DD & Smartdoll hybrids!

Edited by Lynn
  • Thanks 1

Gummibear

Not blabbering at all!!

Your answer is extremely helpful, and told me everything I need to know!

Shame about the colour difference, but hay I guess turtle necks are in! 😅

Thank you so much!

• Like 1