MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Utena Tenjo & Anthy Himemiya

BeyondTime
20 hours ago, toughstermcg said:

Utena & Anthy spotted in the wild on twitter

That look is awesome for Utena. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Chiakisenpai

I see people talking about DHL and EMS but when I was clicking to purchase I didn't get an option to choose what kind of shipping I would want. Maybe I was just clicking through so frantically because I was trying to win Anthy but will they charge for shipping later on or is it in the purchase and perhaps I somehow missed it?

OccultBeast
43 minutes ago, Chiakisenpai said:

I see people talking about DHL and EMS but when I was clicking to purchase I didn't get an option to choose what kind of shipping I would want. Maybe I was just clicking through so frantically because I was trying to win Anthy but will they charge for shipping later on or is it in the purchase and perhaps I somehow missed it?

It actually just depends on which country you live in at the moment, but your confirmation email will probably say "Delivery Company(oversea) : EMS / DHL".  EMS is still closed to a lot of countries from Japan, so I think most international buyers get shipped via DHL.

• Thanks 1

Roxanne

Seeing Anthy in that short black wig I am even more heartbroken now that I couldn't make enough money to try for her.
There's a character I've been wanting to make into a doll for like forever but the tan skin wasn't dark enough so I never went for it. Seeing her with that black wig I think she could have worked (she would need different eyebrows though). I'm even more sad now. Volks USA is no option for me as they don't ship to the EU for whatever reason. Let's hope the aftermarket will be kind. 😭

My instagram! 

BeyondTime

A reminder that the Volks USA lottery is ongoing. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Hazukami

BOTH ARE UP RIGHT NOW!
https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/category/D_220417_DP47/?SEARCH_MAX_ROW_LIST=15&item_list_mode=2&sort_order=1&request=page&next_page=1
I think it's a legit restock not just cancellations! 
Edit: I've been hunting for them for DAYS
and dreading having to pay more and get them WAY later!
I also bought the GL card and wanted to use the points on stands, wig caps etc.
not just for them but Y'shtola too. So my BEST option was cheapest through Volks+points ; A ;
sleepless nights finally paid off, I can finally rest T AT

Edit2: Just saw volks restock announcement on twitter, and paypal payment went through!
I even saved around 40-50usd (last time it was 40usd or so more in USD) due to conversion rates being even cheaper 🥺
really glad I waited for the restock before trying the US lottery too. 

Edited by Hazukami
  • Like 3

Anna-neko

Good luck everyone!!  looks like servers aren't crashing just yet
(and of course, USA-side lottery is still here if u don't make it in time)

lardroom

Huh. Ordered Utena and Anthy from the volks.jp site. I'm also entered in the VolksUsa lottery, but I think I'm going to let those expire and just go for the sure purchase.

Edited by lardroom

yin8012

Volks Japan website restocked for anyone still looking to buy!

Jezrah

Argh, you enabling people! I told myself that I wouldn't go for Anthy because I only want her for the doll and not the character, and I know a lot of people are die hard fans of this series. Then when there had been so many of them available, I was like sigh oh well at least a lot of people were happy. I wasn't going to enter in the USA lottery either because I don't want her fullset and didn't want to pay the higher price for her...... but now that she's back in the international store suddenly I was through the checkout and with a confirmation email......

Well, maybe I can sell her fullset much much later once everyone is settled in. I do love the tawny skintone, and her eyelashes are so pretty. I'm going to have fun finding a look for her.

• Like 1

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, lardroom said:

I'm also entered in the VolksUsa lottery, but I think I'm going to let those expire and just go for the sure purchase.

They may never accept a lottery entry from you again if you do that. 

Innocentsake

I hope Utena comes back in stock again, I have just been falling in love with her sculpt. Anthy is still up. Mine is on pre-shipment through EMS so I hope she arrives over here soon. I made an order with Dollyteria that shipped a day after Anthy and it's already in Chicago 😅

3 hours ago, Jezrah said:

Argh, you enabling people! I told myself that I wouldn't go for Anthy because I only want her for the doll and not the character, and I know a lot of people are die hard fans of this series.

I'm glad you went ahead and got her after resisting the urge initially to allow fans first dibs. I'm a firm believer in getting the things you want even if it means others may miss out because no matter what someone will miss out. I'm not the biggest Utena fan (I did enjoy it), but I definitely got Anthy for her sculpt/skin tone and not her character ☺️ I can't wait to see what look you come up for her.

Not gonna lie had I known she would be this readily available I could have waited and gotten her for a little less 😆 But no regrets since I really didn't want to miss out on her and it's always hard to gauge which dolls will sell out quickly vs plenty of stock. 

• Like 1

finnleo

Slightly niché characters in the im@s scene, but sort of curious to see given the skin tone that would Anthy's wind up as custom Natalia's or Layla's .. amusingly the default eye's would go almost straight for a layla although the purple eyebrows (and forehead dot) not so much.

not to mention layla is in that awkward height between DDS and DDP...

Hologram

I missed the clickwar and thought that I'd struggle finding Anthy for an affordable price in the aftermarket, so I'm really glad that she was restocked! Nabbed her right away.
Like many, I love the sculpt and the skin color, so she'll get a new look once she's here 😊

• Like 1

SylveonPaws

Oh man now I want an Anthy just for the recustomization options!  I love those pics someone posted earlier with the pastel eyes.  And the joints!  I didn't try for Icons in the past because I hated the non matching joints.

Seraphime

Just couldn’t resist and had to get myself an Anthy…does anyone know of Volks do a protective body stocking in her skin tone?

kranberrijam
5 hours ago, Seraphime said:

Just couldn’t resist and had to get myself an Anthy…does anyone know of Volks do a protective body stocking in her skin tone?

As of right now, they don't.

🍺💅🐙 Linktree : Instagram : TwitterYouTube 🐙💅🍺

931519944_Xakselle_banner_blogger-Copy.jpg.13edd8df929d8ad05e5998f9d5689a19.jpg

lmnprty

After I ordered Anthy on Volks International, I got an email that included the following:

"Currently, we have many orders, so shipping is very crowded.
Therefore, it takes more days than usual to ship."

It's my first time ordering an after-event doll from the international site. Does anyone have a general estimate of how long it could take them to ship? 

I wish I could have Anthy right now, of course, but at least this gives me time to order some new wigs and eyes and outfits!

SylveonPaws

Wondering the same about shipping time after getting notice it "takes more days than usual".  My experience is the usual time can be a few weeks for non event items, so hopefully Utena won't take that long if others are getting ship notices already 🙏

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, lmnprty said:

After I ordered Anthy on Volks International, I got an email that included the following:

"Currently, we have many orders, so shipping is very crowded.
Therefore, it takes more days than usual to ship."

That's the same message they regularly post on their website.

1 hour ago, lmnprty said:

Does anyone have a general estimate of how long it could take them to ship?

1 hour ago, SylveonPaws said:

Wondering the same about shipping time after getting notice it "takes more days than usual". 

I would say 4 - 6 weeks wouldn't be unusual after an event with very popular dolls.

• Like 1

Seraphime
7 hours ago, kranberrijam said:

As of right now, they don't.

I see- makes sense considering she’s a new colour

out of interest is there a verdict on what’ll stain her? Like because she’s a darker colour will white clothes also potentially stain? Not what what to put her in wig and outfit colour wise that’d be safe!

mangaemi
29 minutes ago, Seraphime said:

I see- makes sense considering she’s a new colour

out of interest is there a verdict on what’ll stain her? Like because she’s a darker colour will white clothes also potentially stain? Not what what to put her in wig and outfit colour wise that’d be safe!

I’ve used Saran Wrap on the gal and low adhesive masking tape on the inside of the offending article of clothing/wig with success - that’s what I’ll do with Anthy since I’ve had staining through white socks before 

Edited by mangaemi
Freaking autocorrect

♥ ★ ✮ ~ Amassing an army of Anime Cuties ~ ✮ ★ ♥

The Family: Sheryl, Ranka, Kirika, Arlex2, Yoko, Snow Miku, Haruka, Student Mariko, Prisma Illya, Akira, Maria, Cirno, Noumi, Asuna Titania, Sakuya

on the way: want: Sailor Moon, Miki, Yukiho

BeyondTime
40 minutes ago, Seraphime said:

out of interest is there a verdict on what’ll stain her?

Anything with unfixed dyes can stain them. The only thing that you can be certain won't is undyed fabric. 

Katsudon
On 6/5/2022 at 8:59 PM, BeyondTime said:

I would say 4 - 6 weeks wouldn't be unusual after an event with very popular dolls.

Is it bad that this is almost a relief, because no customs fees for a month yessss!

Although I really wanna meet my first DD ASAP too. 😭

• Like 2