Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Utena Tenjo & Anthy Himemiya

ragnamuffin
1 hour ago, mangaemi said:

and lo and behold they were both delivered and with out a signature… 

You should absolutely complain and raise all hell. Can you imagine if they’d been stolen? You might never have been able to get them at that price again. (Even if they refunded you the value, it probably wouldn’t be enough to cover aftermarket prices and you’d end up having to pay the difference out of pocket!)

BeyondTime
On 6/14/2022 at 4:38 PM, OccultBeast said:

She actually seems to photograph a few shades lighter than she is in real life.

You can get a photographic grey card from Amazon for a few bucks. Just use that for your meter readings. 

https://www.colesclassroom.com/whats-a-gray-card-and-why-should-you-get-one/

2 hours ago, mangaemi said:

lo and behold they were both delivered and with out a signature… 

DHL hasn't been asking signatures since the pandemic started. Best thing is to ask for the package to be pulled and held at the facility, but if you do that it will be a 24 hour wait to pick up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

CaffeinatedCake

https://www.instagram.com/p/CezUQWhJx-s/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce0UEWrO4lh/

My girls arrived on Tuesday and I LOVE THEM!! I've been having too much fun... though lmao the size of Chuchu is KILLING ME. He's so big!! 

It made me desire an episode where Chuchu keeps getting bigger and only Nanami notices and everyone else is just like "No Chuchu has always been like this?" when he... certainly has not. Insert some kind of weird metaphorical symbolism here. 

Also: Is there a way to embed instagram posts in a reply that I'm missing?? I swear I've seen that on this forum... ETA I might be thinking of twitter embeds??

Edited by CaffeinatedCake

Help! I fell into DD hell!

Victoria

Lost Anthy in the US lottery which kinda surprises me. Oh well… ;-;

Edited by Victoria
  • Sad 1

BeyondTime
7 hours ago, CaffeinatedCake said:

Also: Is there a way to embed instagram posts in a reply that I'm missing?? I swear I've seen that on this forum... ETA I might be thinking of twitter embeds??

There are insta embeds in the SmD forums. Not sure how it's done though. @monkeypizzasonic may have some tips. 

Won Anthy in the USA lottery. Late Sept for delivery, but she'll be worth it. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

CeliathePikachu
On 6/13/2022 at 4:33 AM, Katsudon said:

It turns out DHL were lying! Got a text that she'll be delivered today!!

(omg omg omg omg omg omg)

They said I'd be waiting until Friday. It's Monday. DHL, you always manage to do right by me. 🥰

Uh, if anyone has any secret instructions anywhere for sewing a stain prevention wig cap... I tried to google that and couldn't find it. I have so much cotton jersey, I might as well make one myself, right?

Edit: apologies for spamming up the thread with hype. And Utena just arrived while I was editing! Hope the rest of you get your dolls just as quickly!

Jadepixel has a tutorial!

https://www.jadepixeldoll.com/pattern-for-dd-headcap/

• Thanks 2

Currently at home: Autumn (DD2 DDH-01), Sakura (MDD3 DDH-08), Haku (Mio Akiyama), Mashiro (Mashiro Mito), Kaito (Vocaloid KAITO)

Mashiro Mito is my wife and I love her!

Oculae

22-06-17-06-04-37-282_deco.jpg.1bb91cdb4d10877ba7983583016e6dea.jpg

OMG I WON!!! I entered on a lark bc I kiiinda wanted Anthy for her sculpt and tone, but didn't wanna take her from any RGU fans in the clickwar. But the gods of lottery said it was meant to be!

...Now I have until August to figure out what to do with her styling. 😂

I might make my halfling girl, she'd look great in tawny and I already have elf ears I could paint!

felicity1.gif.b45e29ec80a18f22fdff479e15158c45.gif

• Like 2

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

Ui-

How do you know if you won. Mike just say order pending. 

BeyondTime
13 minutes ago, Ui- said:

You should get an email. If you are in doubt call them. Payment is due on the 20th and they aren't open on weekends. 

Anna-neko

My backup lottery won as well ...so if anyone will be needing an Utena  (will be making proper sales post later)

Victoria
3 hours ago, Ui- said:

The status will never change. At least for the orders of the lottery entries which are visible for a crrtain period of time only.

If you did not get an e-mail and your user profile also does not show the user group tab, I‘d say you have lost. (sadly :()

Btw…speaking of user group tabs. Have there been any changes? When I have won Lilac last year a code was listed. This time the user group tab showed up but the line was empty. So I could not guess which one(s) I have won. 

Edited by Victoria

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Victoria said:

Btw…speaking of user group tabs. Have there been any changes? When I have won Lilac last year a code was listed. This time the user group tab showed up but the line was empty. So I could not guess which one(s) I have won. 

They fixed it so the codes don't display. If you have the user groups tab then you likely won, but no way to see what. 

• Sad 1

solebria

Surprisingly, I won an Anthy but did not win Utena. Guess I'll end up customizing her since I told myself that if I didn't win both, I would end up customizing the one I received/won. So far all the pictures here have shown me how beautiful Anthy can be with different wigs and eyes! 🥰

...Now if only VOLKSUSA would kindly restock those tawny hands soon.

JJRed
On 6/16/2022 at 11:01 AM, OccultBeast said:

I've had this same issue with DHL for a while now.  Even when you don't tell them to leave the package without signature, they just slap them on the porch and knock, even for packages like this that specify a signature is required upon delivery.  Glad you were able to ensure your girls made it home safely.

I know this sounds horrible. It’s just nice to know I’m not the only person having a hard time with DHL. They have they habit of throwing my packages over my gate. They even did that with my utena and anthy. But luckily for me they seem all right. The only problem I have is Utena left hand has a habit of falling out of the armholes. 😓

Noxxbunny
7 minutes ago, JJRed said:

I know this sounds horrible. It’s just nice to know I’m not the only person having a hard time with DHL. They have they habit of throwing my packages over my gate. They even did that with my utena and anthy. But luckily for me they seem all right. The only problem I have is Utena left hand has a habit of falling out of the armholes. 😓

Definitely not the only one. I ordered a $200 figure this month and they marked it as signed for BY ME when they had actually delivered it to my apartment's mail/laundry room. The box was large(but light) and I guess they didn't want to bother coming up to my floor. I nearly had a heart attack. On another occasion, they also just straight up left my package at one of my neighbor's doors(the unit closest to the entrance) and luckily I went out to look for it before anyone took it inside. 😑

Current Crew: Kaito(DDH07), Miles(DDH06), Lyca(DDH-10), Hotaru(DDH09), Kagamine Rin, Maron(DDH01), Mikuo(Snow Miku), Nagisa(DDH01)

BeyondTime
46 minutes ago, JJRed said:

The only problem I have is Utena left hand has a habit of falling out of the armholes. 😓

There should be an adjustment screw you can tighten to fix that. 

JJRed
41 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

There should be an adjustment screw you can tighten to fix that. 

I can’t find it.😥

JJRed
1 hour ago, Noxxbunny said:

Definitely not the only one. I ordered a $200 figure this month and they marked it as signed for BY ME when they had actually delivered it to my apartment's mail/laundry room. The box was large(but light) and I guess they didn't want to bother coming up to my floor. I nearly had a heart attack. On another occasion, they also just straight up left my package at one of my neighbor's doors(the unit closest to the entrance) and luckily I went out to look for it before anyone took it inside. 😑

This reminds me of something I read in one of my anime Reddit groups. The carrier I don’t know which one it was delivered a anime figure to the wrong floor on an apartment building. The person that was waiting for the package went to that neighbor knocked on the door said they didn’t have it and became a whole legal problem.😰

BeyondTime
6 minutes ago, JJRed said:

I can’t find it.😥

You have to pull the frame out of the lower arm. The screw should be where the wrist part goes in.

JJRed
14 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

You have to pull the frame out of the lower arm. The screw should be where the wrist part goes in.

Yeah I still can’t figure that part out of pulling the lower arm frame out. But I did wrap plastic wrap around the wrist stick. And it’s keeping it in place like there’s not a problem.😅

BeyondTime
4 hours ago, JJRed said:

Yeah I still can’t figure that part out of pulling the lower arm frame out.

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/dd/support/basebody/howto_ddf3_dd.html

You have to heat the vinyl with a hair dryer to get the frame out. 

Innocentsake

All the talk of DHL misdelivering are the same reasons why I had my friend mail Anthy out via EMS. DHL doesn't do well delivering to my apartment complex because all the buildings have a different building number but all the buildings have the same apartment numbers (such a dumb numbering system). DHL misdelivered one of my doll packages (doll clothes) to another apartment instead of the drop off location I specified and only sent someone to look for it 3 days later (so of course it was gone). Thankfully Flowerdollroom was gracious enough to remake the items and send them again to my friend's house.

So unless DHL is the only thing offered I will always pick something else. My DHL Hub just is really inconsistent so it's a 50/50 chance they will actually deliver it to the drop location I have specified or just ignore it and still deliver to my apartment.  FedEx & UPS have proven to be more reliable couriers for me personally. 

Speaking of FedEx, I originally wanted Anthy shipped via FedEx but when my friend checked pricing online (even after inputting all the correct info) they wanted basically the cost of the doll! It was crazy and they charged her ¥80 to sign up to even check prices 😑 EMS ended up being ¥10,500.

And to end this here is a pic of Anthy modeling some pretty jewelry. Need to try on different eyes tomorrow. 

20220615_152633.jpg

• Like 9

Hazukami

Seeing all of these posts with DHL issues has at least made me feel better over shelling out extra money to have a po box,
my mom needed one regardless and I just didn't trust the delivery workers to not mess up on apartment number.
I also order anime scale figures/collectibles constantly enough.
Most just barely knock on the door anyway and I'm rarely home to pick it up (only grandma is).
So that's just a whole lot of nope lol only time something was delivered to the wrong place the person was nice enough to return it
but it took a month and by then the store refunded me.

Edited by Hazukami

Astraea
On 6/16/2022 at 6:20 PM, CaffeinatedCake said:

I believe the forum itself did support them BUT I think Instagram has recently updated something since no matter what I've tried, all content appears completely inaccessible without login, whether it's direct photo links or post/profile links. From what I've seen, it's effectively broken embeds, on discord and other platforms.