Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

Utena Tenjo & Anthy Himemiya

nekojanai

Ahh Utena Tenjou and Anthy Himemiya look really good as DD! Volks did a good job pulling off the skin tone for Anthy, she looks so beautiful...I would be completely sold if they also had an optional character wig reflective of her movie appearance. I recently watched the anime series about two years ago and it broke me 😭 unfortunately I am not in the financial stability to afford these lovely dolls, so I wish the best of luck to the people who applied to bring them home. 

Additionally, what's the term clickwar? Is it just something that is similar to black friday shopping? What's the difference between lotteries and clickwars? 

OccultBeast
10 hours ago, nekojanai said:

Additionally, what's the term clickwar? Is it just something that is similar to black friday shopping? What's the difference between lotteries and clickwars? 

Basically, yes.  A clickwar is when all of the stock is put on the website at once (usually a specified time) and everyone has to just try and 'click through checkout first' with the item(s).  A lottery is open for a set period of time, and as many people as wanted can enter.  Then, they pull random winners from the pool of entrants and those people get to purchase the item, regardless of if they signed up for the lottery on day one or the very last day.  The third option is preorder, where they accept orders for a set period of time, and after the period ends, they begin production for all of those orders, even if it's over the amount they would have made for a clickwar or lottery.  Preorder is the best method because everyone who wants one is basically guaranteed to get the item, but production limits usually mean DDs go up for clickwar or lottery instead.

• Like 1

Victoria
2 hours ago, OccultBeast said:

Basically, yes.  A clickwar is when all of the stock is put on the website at once (usually a specified time) and everyone has to just try and 'click through checkout first' with the item(s).  A lottery is open for a set period of time, and as many people as wanted can enter.  Then, they pull random winners from the pool of entrants and those people get to purchase the item, regardless of if they signed up for the lottery on day one or the very last day.  The third option is preorder, where they accept orders for a set period of time, and after the period ends, they begin production for all of those orders, even if it's over the amount they would have made for a clickwar or lottery.  Preorder is the best method because everyone who wants one is basically guaranteed to get the item, but production limits usually mean DDs go up for clickwar or lottery instead.

Limited preorder is possible, too. I think they have tried this with Fumika in the past only but we might see more preorders like that in the future. She was gone pretty fast if I remember it correctly.

Not counting these lotteries which are preorder at first and then turn into lottery if there are too many entries. 😂 Volks is kinda complicated these days.

Hologram

Got a shipment notification from Volks 🙌 It feels weird, I'm used receiving dolls after at least 6 months after ordering one.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Hologram said:

Got a shipment notification from Volks 🙌 It feels weird, I'm used receiving dolls after at least 6 months after ordering one.

If it's from the after event that's pretty fast. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

OccultBeast
8 hours ago, Victoria said:

Limited preorder is possible, too. I think they have tried this with Fumika in the past only but we might see more preorders like that in the future. She was gone pretty fast if I remember it correctly.

Oh yeah!  Those too.  Yeah, Volks really loves making things as complicated as possible, huh.  I feel like 'Limited Preorder' might as well just be clickwar, just without stock on hand.

Lynn

And please do not forget that you have to be VIP/GL member or maybe not, and you have to pay via credit card or maybe not. "Complicated" is an understatement, when it comes to buying things from Volks. 😅

• Haha 2

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Nyx Whitestar said:

She's gorgeous I'm so glad 💕

She really is. That wig is perfect for her. 

Really hoping the USA lottery is a win for me, but if not, then YJA here I come. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

OccultBeast

My Himemiya shipped!  My wife was able to get her at 9:11pm, so now is just a waiting game to see when Utena ships (which I managed to get at 9:17pm lol).  That 6 minute difference is wild, huh.

• Haha 1

mangaemi
1 hour ago, OccultBeast said:

My Himemiya shipped!  My wife was able to get her at 9:11pm, so now is just a waiting game to see when Utena ships (which I managed to get at 9:17pm lol).  That 6 minute difference is wild, huh.

Same here - my husband (was resp for Anthy) this morning was like “I got an email your Volks order shipped” and I’m frantically checking my email (I was Utena) but got zip lol

♥ ★ ✮ ~ Amassing an army of Anime Cuties ~ ✮ ★ ♥

The Family: Sheryl, Ranka, Kirika, Arlex2, Yoko, Snow Miku, Haruka, Student Mariko, Prisma Illya, Akira, Maria, Cirno, Noumi, Asuna Titania, Sakuya

on the way: want: Sailor Moon, Miki, Yukiho

Chiakisenpai

I also got an email my Anthy shipped with DHL! She hasn’t gotten picked up yet but hopefully I’ll get her soon:)

lmnprty

I'm so relieved that they're shipping via DHL - my EMS packages from Japan to the US have been spending an extra long time in customs lately. 

Hoping the Utenas start to ship soon as well!

BeyondTime

Utena shipped, and my order was 31 minutes into the event. This was pretty fast compared to other events, so maybe things are slowly getting back to normal over there. 

mangaemi

Hooray Utena shipped! 

♥ ★ ✮ ~ Amassing an army of Anime Cuties ~ ✮ ★ ♥

The Family: Sheryl, Ranka, Kirika, Arlex2, Yoko, Snow Miku, Haruka, Student Mariko, Prisma Illya, Akira, Maria, Cirno, Noumi, Asuna Titania, Sakuya

on the way: want: Sailor Moon, Miki, Yukiho

OccultBeast
23 hours ago, OccultBeast said:

Well, they answered that! My Utena shipped, too!  Hopefully they'll be just one day apart on arrivals.  Now if only my new stands will arrive fast enough...

KittyFields

My Utena and Anthy shipped, and I got my order in shortly before Utena sold out. So excited for their arrivals!

lardroom

Utena and Anthy shipped, and I got them both in the restock.

kranberrijam

Got shipping notifications for both of them! My husband also got a text from DHl where he was able to leave delivery instructions. I have not gotten such a text. 😕 I'm trying to access it via the DHL Express On Demand Delivery site but it says it can't find the shipment, but I'm hoping it will in the next 24 hours. I'm so nervous AND excited!!

Update: Got my text today and delivery instructions have been added! Anthy is set to arrive Wednesday, Utena on Friday.

Edited by kranberrijam

🍺💅🐙 Linktree : Instagram : TwitterYouTube 🐙💅🍺

931519944_Xakselle_banner_blogger-Copy.jpg.13edd8df929d8ad05e5998f9d5689a19.jpg

Katsudon

Hooray, my Utena shipped too! 😄 Just a week until she arrives. So happy :)

JJRed

My girls have shipped I’m so excited!!!!😆

Katsudon

Oh no, the customs bill arrived. My wallet is crying! XD

Worth it.

Innocentsake

My sweet boy Sylas looking at Anthy like "I'm prettier than her, look at me!" 😂

20220610_203105.jpg

• Like 18
  • Haha 1

SylveonPaws

Mine shipped yesteday too!  DHL.

Seraphime

Still waiting on mine- ordered her at the end of the restock nearly a week ago so hopefully soon! 🙏🏻