Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

0bsequi0us

Imomodoll 1/4 Vinyl Dolls??

Beansproutmomo

Thanks @Courtmom for all the helpful links!! I'll have to check those out. So glad they are offering parts now. 
PLEASE let them start selling the hard wigs soon! ❤️ I really want a few of their styles to customize.

Just got a message from MyDollection, and I have to wait a couple more weeks BUT! They contacted Imomo to ask to them to upgrade all the orders to 2.0 bodies. 😲

So I'm apparently getting a 2.0 instead, but that's pretty nice of them. 

Edited by Beansproutmomo
  • Like 1

Kitty Blue

Sorry I know this has probably been answered. What shade is the tan in real life, is it darker than DD tan? closer to tawny? anyone have comparisons...or comparison with Smart Doll tea is fine too. 

chantelle
3 hours ago, Kitty Blue said:

Sorry I know this has probably been answered. What shade is the tan in real life, is it darker than DD tan? closer to tawny? anyone have comparisons...or comparison with Smart Doll tea is fine too. 

Cospigeon on instagram made a reference with a bunch of vinyl tones!

Based on these images, looks like Imomodoll tan is a darker than DD tan but they have the same undertone. Smartdoll tea looks similar in shade and color to Imomodoll tan, but the undertone is somewhat different.

DD Tan is also very close to Smartdoll cinnamon but the undertone is different.

Unfortunately theres no references with tawny yet.

Edited by chantelle

Courtmom

The tan IS different, but you almost can’t tell IRL. Blushing would fix it! 

meet Moxie!

IMG_3580.jpeg

IMG_3532.jpeg

• Like 1

Courtmom

Here’s a pseudo-good comparison!

IMG_3533.jpeg

IMG_3526.jpeg

IMG_3524.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Courtmom

I also cut down my DD’s leg bits to put Miko's shins on her! It looks very nice. I love the curve

IMG_3579.jpeg

IMG_3577.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

MoiBakaDesu

My Ruby body arrived today, but I have a reeeaaally hard time chaging the hands, anybody got some help or tricks there? 

Courtmom
5 minutes ago, MoiBakaDesu said:

My Ruby body arrived today, but I have a reeeaaally hard time chaging the hands, anybody got some help or tricks there? 

Crying. Jk. (Sorta)

I found squishing them back and forth to warm it up a little helps. So, heat

MoiBakaDesu
17 minutes ago, Courtmom said:

Crying. Jk. (Sorta)

I found squishing them back and forth to warm it up a little helps. So, heat

@onion22@

Alright, so the good old "heat up with blowdryer until it pops out easier" treatment.

• Like 1

AliceDoll

When the taobao listing on imomo's official taobao says "SPOT" does that mean it's on pre-order? Is there anyway to know about how long that is? Since Taobao keeps blocking me there's no way for me to go to the listing page directly so I can try and translate. 

Trying to get something set up on Superbuy @_@ -- I'm very new to this and I honestly don't know what I'm doing aaaa

Some of the hands are listed as "in stock" but then the bodies/heads are all "spot" atm! Any clarification would be super helpful TwT Tyyyy

• Like 1

Courtmom
6 minutes ago, AliceDoll said:

When the taobao listing on imomo's official taobao says "SPOT" does that mean it's on pre-order? Is there anyway to know about how long that is? Since Taobao keeps blocking me there's no way for me to go to the listing page directly so I can try and translate. 

Trying to get something set up on Superbuy @_@ -- I'm very new to this and I honestly don't know what I'm doing aaaa

Some of the hands are listed as "in stock" but then the bodies/heads are all "spot" atm! Any clarification would be super helpful TwT Tyyyy

Hiya! Which items are you looking for/at? I can check for you 😉 

AliceDoll
2 minutes ago, Courtmom said:

Hiya! Which items are you looking for/at? I can check for you 😉 

Thank you so much!!! ToT// 

It's the

- 1/4 chubby body in chocolate
- Rucy head in chocolate 
- Miko head in chocolate

The ones showing "in stock" on superbuy are: 
1/4 hand replacement set

Thank you thank you!!!! 

Courtmom
16 minutes ago, AliceDoll said:

Thank you so much!!! ToT// 

It's the

- 1/4 chubby body in chocolate
- Rucy head in chocolate 
- Miko head in chocolate

The ones showing "in stock" on superbuy are: 
1/4 hand replacement set

Thank you thank you!!!! 

I suspect that “spot” might be something they put in to cover their butts— like when an item isn’t perfect quality, it may be labeled “spot”.— the alternative could be that they’re trying to say “look!”  Anyways! I will drop the appropriate links below, but they all are currently preorder only. Sorry friend :(

body: https://m.tb.cn/h.5bPEFNb?tk=Ck3Ndt234tF

Miko: https://m.tb.cn/h.5ZV4FiS?tk=Bje2dt2WgRR

Rucy: https://m.tb.cn/h.50LUrFk?tk=wy93dt233zV

HimboPrinceLuka

the imomo dolls are so very tempting...if i do dip my toes into vinyl i think one of these will be my first! i love the chubby body its very cute!

0bsequi0us

@AliceDoll @Courtmom if something on Taobao translates to “spot” it means “stock”. So if something has “spot” or “quasi spot” in the title it means they should be shipping soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

AliceDoll
2 hours ago, 0bsequi0us said:

@AliceDoll @Courtmom if something on Taobao translates to “spot” it means “stock”. So if something has “spot” or “quasi spot” in the title it means they should be shipping soon.

Thank you so much!! 🥹❤️

MoiBakaDesu
On 6/30/2023 at 9:55 PM, MoiBakaDesu said:

I ordered this one here from taobao to go with the Ruby body, it apparently also suits Kumako style bodies, so I figured it would be a nice fit, it also seems nice with not a lot of seams.

Once it arrives I can give a review how on well it fits.

Got around to try it on today (my two boys are currently sharing that body, and the one who got a turn first is wearing primarily light colors, so he didn't need it, haha), and I can say I would recommend it!

It's super pleasantly thin and highly elastic, so it fits nice and snug.

You can even tug in the end of the sleeves like for DDs! It is a tiny bit finicky to get over the knee joints, because of how loose they are with this body, but it's not too bad.

20230715_133506.jpg.e517c6e7ec42b7f811bbdde384edc5d2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AliceDoll

A couple more days and my girl should be here!! 

I've been doing as much research as I can and I think I'm almost set on everything -- except the shoes!

Do the 1/4 fit regular MDD shoes? @_@ I've seen some say yes, some say mochi-ashi (which I thought they had the same size? @_@ maybe?) or look specifically for kumako sized shoes? 

It's been so long -- and there are so many new types I don't really know how all this works anymore! Advice super appreciated! Sorry for asking so many questions all the time T_T you guys are so nice!  

fingerfloss
1 hour ago, AliceDoll said:

I've been doing as much research as I can and I think I'm almost set on everything -- except the shoes!

Do the 1/4 fit regular MDD shoes? @_@ I've seen some say yes, some say mochi-ashi (which I thought they had the same size? @_@ maybe?) or look specifically for kumako sized shoes? 

It's been so long -- and there are so many new types I don't really know how all this works anymore! Advice super appreciated! Sorry for asking so many questions all the time T_T you guys are so nice!  

From what I'm seeing mdd feet are 2.3 x 5 cm, and 1/4 imomodoll feet are 2.5 x 5 cm. They definitely should be able to share shoes!

Congrats on your incoming girl, I'd love to see how she looks if you decide to post pictures! 😉

• Thanks 1

Kirino
2 hours ago, AliceDoll said:

I have an MDD, MDD Mochi Ashi as well, and their shoes do not fit on the Imomodoll. The Imomodoll feet are slightly larger. Granted, I have some made for 1/4 BJDs in general that are a bit larger and fit all of the above. But ones specifically made for MDD will not fit in my experience.

• Thanks 3

AliceDoll
2 hours ago, fingerfloss said:

From what I'm seeing mdd feet are 2.3 x 5 cm, and 1/4 imomodoll feet are 2.5 x 5 cm. They definitely should be able to share shoes!

Congrats on your incoming girl, I'd love to see how she looks if you decide to post pictures! 😉

Yes!! I will most definitely post pictures! I'm so excited!! All my faceup supplies arrive tomorrow and outfits on Monday -- I'm ready to rock!! haha

1 hour ago, Kirino said:

I have an MDD, MDD Mochi Ashi as well, and their shoes do not fit on the Imomodoll. The Imomodoll feet are slightly larger. Granted, I have some made for 1/4 BJDs in general that are a bit larger and fit all of the above. But ones specifically made for MDD will not fit in my experience.

Thank you so much! I'm so glad to see your message -- thank you so much! I was worried about this! I was looking at some dollheart shoes and was really contemplating. Now I just gotta figure out if kumako and imomo 1/4 share the same size! 

Appreciate you TwT <3

uoub

waiting with bated breath to order the new 75cm guy... He's perfect for a character I have in mind but I've never owned a doll so large before so it'll be a learning experience for sure

I was so so tempted to get Miko too, she's so cute, but I was put off by the pre-2.0 issues she had...

I really hope they figured out what they got wrong with their first 1/4 sculpts and the 75cm guy doesn't have any issues because he looks great. It's so nice to have more male vinyl doll options (and affordable ones at that, phew)

AliceDoll

I need some help — I’m like |—-| close to  crying (T⌓T)

My doll came today and it’s just a mess. The reseller I got her from (before learning you can just order from taobao — which I wish I did) smooshed all the heads I ordered into the body box so everything was in pieces when I opened it. 😭 why didn’t they send all the heads in their respective boxes??! Like the whole thing just fell apart and ended up on the floor. 

I also must have gotten the 1.0 body because oh my gosh it is so frustrating to do anything with it. The legs and arms keep popping off 😭😭😭

I followed a tutorial that someone kindly posted online for the legs, but the arm and tape trick is /not/ working at all.

I look at the dang thing and the arms fall off. I’m so sad!! 

(T⌓T)(T⌓T)(T⌓T) is there anything else  I can do????? It is completely unusable at this point... 

Edited by AliceDoll
I said box like 800 times! @_@
  • Sad 4

Roserolls
3 hours ago, AliceDoll said:

I need some help — I’m like |—-| close to  crying (T⌓T)

My doll came today and it’s just a mess. The reseller I got her from (before learning you can just order from taobao — which I wish I did) smooshed all the heads I ordered into the body box so everything was in pieces when I opened it. 😭 why didn’t they send all the heads in their respective boxes??! Like the whole thing just fell apart and ended up on the floor. 

I also must have gotten the 1.0 body because oh my gosh it is so frustrating to do anything with it. The legs and arms keep popping off 😭😭😭

I followed a tutorial that someone kindly posted online for the legs, but the arm and tape trick is /not/ working at all.

I look at the dang thing and the arms fall off. I’m so sad!! 

(T⌓T)(T⌓T)(T⌓T) is there anything else  I can do????? It is completely unusable at this point... 

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that! Is the arm still too loose with the tape or is the tape getting dragged down and crushed up when you try to insert it?

If it's the former, just adding more tape might help until you reach the right thickness. If it's the latter...you could try removing the tape and applying a clear quick dry nail polish top coat to the arm peg and wait for it to dry completely before trying to insert it, it might need multiple coats to get the right thickness and if you add too much you can file it down a bit, just make sure it's 100% dry and not sticky at all before filing or inserting it into the doll (Although fair warning-I have no idea if this method would be recommended especially for an expensive vinyl doll but it was my go to solution for fixing loose pullip or monster high joint pegs and I used it on my azone 50 to give her DD wrists. I've heard that nail polish top coats can cause yellowing on dolls and other problems but since it's for an internal part that's not visible I don't think it would be a huge issue. All of the dolls I've used this on have been perfectly fine even a decade later fwiw)

All of the issues with the 1.0 body are really making me worried, I just got an update from Jane's doll land that she's doing the faceup for my Ruby now, so hopefully things will be ok, but it looks like some body modding might be in order. 😅

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

AliceDoll

Tape is dragging down TT and crushed!! I've seen some YT videos also use some kind of glue?? I'm hoping someone has some answers here too that won't be like.. super permanent!! If nothing else comes up I may try the nail polish despite the yellowing.

T_T I also can't figure out how to get the head to stay on. It's so floppy even with the little rubber thing! It just lolls around and round and round. All the resin dolls I had like years and years ago had hooks so this is a first for me with vinyl! Is there a proper way to do it? There was a metal disc thing inside the box.. but I can't figure out where it goes as the peg width is too big. 

Everything about this doll so far has been floppy lol -- so frustrating!! T-T