Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

OccultBeast

DDdy Yor Forger

chantelle
38 minutes ago, Emil said:

I'm assuming they'll be coming out for the next Dolpa- which will be part of the big close to the 50th Anniversary for Volks. It would make sense for something special like a new DD line to be part of this. Although, next year marks 20 years since DD released 🤔 so I still think it's possible they're waiting

Part of me still hopes the Café line is more like SD17.... gimme the Kirei Kotomine bod for DD Volks! And maybe Loid would be a good fit 🙌🏻

Ohhh that would make sense! I'm hoping for December since I'm curious but I wouldn't mind waiting for the next year.

It would be nice to have another male Dollfie Dream body, I know a lot of people want a more masculine one. I personally wouldn't want one for myself but it would be really nice if people could have that option! 

However, based on the name being "Yumemiru ♡ Dollfie Cafe" with the cute little heart and all, I have my money on it being YoSD-like. I feel like it'd would be an odd choice if it was for a more "masculine" product. That being said, we don't really know yet (the skys the limit!) and Volks has made some confusing naming decisions in the past (DDSB I am looking at you).

Edited by chantelle
fixed formatting

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

DDdy Towa was my first Dollfie so I have mixed emotions about getting another Dynamite.

Dollfie Dreams are known to multiply without explanation, and each version has a magnetic force that attracts other DD regardless of model. Bottom line, Towa is just as capable of drawing another DDDy to your home as she is of drawing in DDS or DDP.

See the quantum doll-singularity centered on @baldylox's house for reference. His dolls have long since graduated from being merely magnetic, and now qualify as a doll-centric gravitational force. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Roserolls

I was literally just thinking "y'know since I have more fun money now, I could even get a limited DD if I wanted to! I wonder when Volks will release new ones..." and then I came online to this lol. I've never seen Spy x Family but her face is ADORABLE! It looks like her mouth is slightly open, which I'm such a sucker for on dolls...I'm already considering whether I should try for her when she comes out...

@BeyondTime is right lol. I literally just ordered my 2nd DD and yet here I am considering a 3rd already, it's like these dolls are magnetic!

(btw is there a mega thread about clickwars/lotteries and how to do them on here? I haven't seen info on the volksusa site about them so do ppl use the japan site to place orders instead?)

• Haha 1

BeyondTime
32 minutes ago, Roserolls said:

(btw is there a mega thread about clickwars/lotteries and how to do them on here? I haven't seen info on the volksusa site about them so do ppl use the japan site to place orders instead?)

You can order on either site. Volks USA does lotteries, but Japan usually does either clickwar or limited pre-orders. The process is simple, just be sure that if a doll is GL limited, that you add GL status to your account at least a week ahead of the event. It takes time to process.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Roserolls
2 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

You can order on either site. Volks USA does lotteries, but Japan usually does either clickwar or limited pre-orders. The process is simple, just be sure that if a doll is GL limited, that you add GL status to your account at least a week ahead of the event. It takes time to process.

Thank you for the info, it sounds less intimidating than I thought! I just looked up GL limited dolls since I've somehow never heard of it, and it sounds like that's needed for the lottery dolls? If a clickwar or pre-order doll requires GL status to buy, will they state that on the announcement or product pages for the doll?

The only dolls I've seen recently for pre-order were the Vocaloid series, but maybe if Yor releases around their 50th anniversary or the DD 20th anniversary, Volks will be extra nice and make her a pre-order as well lol? This is probably just copium on my part though, I'm just scared of clickwars lol.

Monty

Not really related to the topic but since Dollfie Cafe came up… I personally don’t think Anya or any licensed character will have anything to do with that only because I don’t expect it to be a new type of DD. All the DD sizes so far use ‘Dollfie Dream’ in their name: ‘Dollfie Dream Pretty’ ‘Mini Dollfie Dream’ ‘Dollfie Dream Dynamite’ etc etc. It would have to be called ‘Dollfie Dream Cafe’ if it was to be a new size in the DD lineup. You see the same thing on the Super Dollfie side. The only other line that’s simply just ‘Dollfie -noun-’ is Icon.

It’s true they could be intentionally concealing part of the full name, but the naming makes it sound like something different. I’ve been wrong plenty of times before of course but it’s just that nothing in the Dollfie Cafe initial announcement said anything about DD, only ‘Dollfie’.

(That and I just personally think MDD Anya would be mega cute ;; )

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

baldylox
4 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

See the quantum doll-singularity centered on @baldylox's house for reference. His dolls have long since graduated from being merely magnetic, and now qualify as a doll-centric gravitational force. 

It's true that my place is literally a black hole for dollies.  Only 2 have ever entered here and then left years later.  I'd say that's a pretty good track record overall.  😉

As for the gorgeous Yor, she's a definite want for me!  I loved the show and she was just so cool and cute!  Hopefully I'll have better luck getting her than my last few tries at the Icon girls.

Billy  

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Emil
1 hour ago, Monty said:

It’s true they could be intentionally concealing part of the full name, but the naming makes it sound like something different. I’ve been wrong plenty of times before of course but it’s just that nothing in the Dollfie Cafe initial announcement said anything about DD, only ‘Dollfie’.

I wonder... maybe the new After School Akihabara Girls? 

Either way, I hope we at least get *someone* released alongside Yor, with this closing out Volks' 50th Anniversary. Since she doesn't look to be DDS, I imagine Loid isn't an option 😔

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

~ Florens Academy of Witchcraft ~

littlebirdzoom
22 hours ago, Monty said:

I think she looks great. Her sculpt is really cute, reminds me a lot of ones like Emilia and Skadi, that kinda pointy pixiness. I would have expected to see MDD Anya first though - I hope she’s coming!

edit: that outfit though…stain city

edit 2: on the topic of her being ‘rushed’ - I think it’s less she herself looks rushed and more that these official pics look kinda awkward cos they’re trying to emulate the official art. I don’t think I’ve seen official DD photos with that solid colour background before. It doesn’t look so awkward with a 2D image (it looks stylish/minimalist) but it does with a 3D doll.

When I say "rushed" my opinion was definitely not influenced by or meaning the background 

Edited by littlebirdzoom
  • Like 1

Waiting for eternity for Volks to release more Idolm@ster girls.

BeyondTime
7 hours ago, Roserolls said:

I just looked up GL limited dolls since I've somehow never heard of it, and it sounds like that's needed for the lottery dolls?

Sometimes it is. If the doll is a special event, she is likely to be GL limited.

5 hours ago, baldylox said:

As for the gorgeous Yor, she's a definite want for me!

Haven't seen it, but I love her face, and her curves in that sweater are ooh la la. DD Dynamite without the weirdness.

• Like 1

Beani

Absolutely love her, I'd been putting off Spy Family but I prefer to watch/read the property before buying a doll if I'm not familiar, just in case I hate the character. From what I have heard about Yor though the chances seem pretty high I'll be trying to get her. I'll go for the outfit regardless though, would look great on another of my girls even if I miss Yor.

I'm kinda hopeful more people find her to be "rushed" or lower quality so the competition is less fierce. I'd hate to think of the bloodbath an Anya would spawn considering how much of a fight it can be to even get Ichiban Kuji's with her in it.

Edited by Beani

Monty

I’m not a big enough Yor fan to get her either way, so my opinion on whether it’s a good likeness doesn’t really matter in the end. Tbh though the one thing that does bug me is the fact that her outfit is pleather. It doesn’t really look like it should be that kind of material in pretty much any illustration of her, so I don’t really understand the choice.

foo
1 minute ago, Monty said:

Tbh though the one thing that does bug me is the fact that her outfit is pleather. It doesn’t really look like it should be that kind of material in pretty much any illustration of her, so I don’t really understand the choice.

I hate pleather but I don't expect assassins to wear polycotton.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

CreationOdyssey
12 hours ago, Monty said:

There are a bunch of people that have already done custom Anya MDD and I think they’re super cute on their own but putting them next to this Yor a YOSD would definitely be better I feel cause Anya is so tiny.

moerunamida

She's not my type, but I might try for her second outfit. There needs to be more cute DDdy outfits. Would I need a GL membership if I tried for it on VolksJP? I never purchased from there before.

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

chantelle
1 hour ago, Eighteafive said:

She's not my type, but I might try for her second outfit. There needs to be more cute DDdy outfits. Would I need a GL membership if I tried for it on VolksJP? I never purchased from there before.

While I can't say for sure, I kind of doubt it. You don't need a GL membership to buy most of the things from the website. Looking at the currently available limited dolls, most of them don't seem to be GL limited. However, if a doll needs the GL membership (like the D'Coords), it'll be displayed.

Doll needing GL membership (notice the teal GL icon)

Spoiler

spacer.png

Doll not needing GL membership (no icons)

Spoiler

spacer.png

That being said you might want to consider a GL membership if you plan to buy from the Japanese website again. A GL membership will reward your purchases with points and you can redeem those to buy more things from the website.

• Like 2

Thespian

I really like Yor and Spy x Family in general. I think the DD version is gorgeous, though I typically loathe pleather as a material. I'll probably pass on her, though, as I'm currently hunting the secondhand market for a reasonably priced Anthy.

Yor caught my husband's eye even though he's not into dolls, though, so she may end up coming home someday anyway.

17 hours ago, CreationOdyssey said:

There are a bunch of people that have already done custom Anya MDD and I think they’re super cute on their own but putting them next to this Yor a YOSD would definitely be better I feel cause Anya is so tiny.

Good point. Anya's canonly only about 4 years old and pretending to be 6, so she should be tiny next to Yor.

• Like 1

Kiyomi DDS DDH-06 🧡 Miyuki DDS DDH-06 🧡 Shiori DDS Mariko Summer Festival 🧡 Kanade DDDy DDH-07 🧡 Honoka DD DDH-09

Any pronouns are fine

Xiongmao

I started watching Spy x Family last night. Now I want Yor so badly! I was watching hemi's doll house on Youtube last night and started wondering if I shouldn't just make Towa the outfit... she's kind of similar to Yor.

I'm sure MDD Anya would be a big possibility for next year too, although I guess they usually do release dolls from the same series at the same time, so maybe it won't happen, at least for a while.

Anyway, it's just so nice to see Volks make a new DDdy as it's been ages since there's been a character model one.

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Hazukami

I adore SpyxFamily, but my favorite is Loid and even then I wouldn't drop so much money on merch for him.
I'd rather have an Anya pvc as well.. I feel like if I WERE to get a DD from this series it would be Yor, I love her in the DD/Volks style
but I'd rather wait for either Aqua (konosuba) or save up for one of my grails. 

She looks really lovely though! (her outfit looks like a nightmare though both in the staining and material peeling department)
Not overly fond of how plasticky her weapons look.. but her face is 10/10 ; u ;

• Like 1

CocosContestHall

Not really interested in Spy Family, as I've seen it a little too much on my timeline. Anyway, good for them for making a doll of Yor. If they make an Anya MDD who knows what'll happen, maybe I'll take a break from the Internet until another thing pops up. Anya's honestly an overrated character. 

Despite this, I really think that DDDy is an underrated doll line, and seeing a new model on the block is almost comforting.

Edited by CocosContestHall

CreationOdyssey
On 11/2/2022 at 11:49 PM, fishbuttz said:

Good point. Anya's canonly only about 4 years old and pretending to be 6, so she should be tiny next to Yor.

Yeah if they decided to make an Anya and did an MDD I can see a lot of people being annoyed since they chose to do Yor first. You wouldn’t be able to really pair them well in photos. I might make a tiny fox and custom an Anya to go with Yor as long as she’s not to difficult to get ahold of. 

Nyx Whitestar
On 11/1/2022 at 10:37 PM, Monty said:

Not really related to the topic but since Dollfie Cafe came up… I personally don’t think Anya or any licensed character will have anything to do with that only because I don’t expect it to be a new type of DD. All the DD sizes so far use ‘Dollfie Dream’ in their name: ‘Dollfie Dream Pretty’ ‘Mini Dollfie Dream’ ‘Dollfie Dream Dynamite’ etc etc. It would have to be called ‘Dollfie Dream Cafe’ if it was to be a new size in the DD lineup. You see the same thing on the Super Dollfie side. The only other line that’s simply just ‘Dollfie -noun-’ is Icon.

When I read "Dollfie Café", I thought of a Dollfie themed café, could be simply this? Maybe a temporar one, like japanese often do, to celebrate the anniversary. (I didn't read the news in Volks news tho, only here, so of course I lack info, where there a picture or anything? I'm curious reading it, if someone has a picture of the Volks news page I'm interested !)

I'm glad to see a DD Yor, I love the anime and she's faithful to the charadesign! 

Edited by Nyx Whitestar

ig-log10.png ap10.png

Emil
1 hour ago, Nyx Whitestar said:

(I didn't read the news in Volks news tho, only here, so of course I lack info, where there a picture or anything? I'm curious reading it, if someone has a picture of the Volks news page I'm interested !)

Only those who attended a certain fan meeting have it so far, it's going out to regular members this week but it might not be til next week that people begin posting scans, unless a proxy breaks etiquette. 

As for Yor, she continues to grow on me... I keep saying no more DDs, but she won't stop tempting me 😭

• Like 1

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

~ Florens Academy of Witchcraft ~

Monty
5 hours ago, Nyx Whitestar said:

When I read "Dollfie Café", I thought of a Dollfie themed café, could be simply this? Maybe a temporar one, like japanese often do, to celebrate the anniversary. (I didn't read the news in Volks news tho, only here, so of course I lack info, where there a picture or anything? I'm curious reading it, if someone has a picture of the Volks news page I'm interested !)

It was in Volks News 96, the thread for it is here with the known info. The link in the first post now leads to the Dolpa site with the cancellation info but it’s called a ‘new Dollfie line’ even in the cancellation announcement. There was a picture but it was pretty vague - it was an illustration of cute little animal girls though. 
edit: Note this thread also says ‘upcoming line of DDs’ when that info was never confirmed anywhere - only that is a new line of -Dollfie-.

Edited by Monty
  • Thanks 1