Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Scribbles

Help me choose a Head? DDP edition

Scribbles

Hi everyone~

I was wondering if I could get any advice on starting a Dollfie Dream custom project! This is my first doll, and my idea here is to make it as an addition to a character shrine.

I have an anime figure collection and I'm trying to make a Holo shrine (Holo from Spice and Wolf) but I don't have a 1/4th figure to add to the lot (and I don't like the one that was released recently). Hence the need for a custom doll! After doing my research I figured an MDD or DDP body would work best since anything bigger might look strange with my figures but now for the rest... I'm torn. For reference, these are the previous Holo custom dolls I have found during my search:

• Made by Daniel Ting who used the DD Saber Alter  IMG_0437-1

These are all amazing. Huge inspirations. And also much bigger than what I'm looking for. ^^" 

At first, I was considering using a DDH-07 since it looks the most like Holo to me. But after asking other doll collectors on MFC, I realized that head would look out of proportion on a DDP body (the largest body I'm considering). So I thought DDH-06 might be the next closest thing? (DDH-02 and DDH-05 would be my next options)

Also! I love Iori's head too which I discovered from this thread:

But I can't seem to find her. And the sold out ones on Mandarake are a bit over my price threshold for just a head regardless... 😕

Any advice?

Jezrah

I know you said you were basing your body choice on your figure collection, but keep in mind that making Holo with either a Volks MDD or DDP body with a Volks head will make her look like a chibi version rather than her adult self. If you still want her to be shorter but have the more adult body proportions you might consider another brand for the body, like AZ02 or Angel Philia. If you were to go that route it would affect head choice too since the head would also need to be on the smaller side.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

BeyondTime

If you want character accuracy, I would go with DDS if you are using a Volks body. More outfit options too.

Here is a comparison shot of various doll bodies. I didn't think to add a SmartDoll, but they would be around DD height with a slimmer profile but a larger chest.

424777274_Dollfie-AzoneBodyCompare-4637-Editcopy.jpg.ab5286cc092ae6168fe1246d850c0e3a.jpg

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

finnleo

All things considered, you might want to look at what parabox has to offer to stay in the smaller 1/4 scale range. and even that is going to tower over any normal 1/8 or 1/6 scale figures.

Also which Holo do you want to recreate? Either one of the Anime designs (The seasons were made by two different companies), the Yu Asakura original novel one, or follow your favorite doujin artist (which was my own route... sort of)

2 hours ago, Scribbles said:

And the sold out ones on Mandarake are a bit over my price threshold for just a head

Quick look around manda had Iori's fullsets at a steady 55k yen median, with one sold at 45k. The 45k yen number is not far off what you would pay just for a body + head on volks international at the moment.

looking at it, oddly enough Iori as a holo could work, but the juvenile body is still a thing since the head is a bit small for a DDS body in my opinion.

Edited by finnleo

BeyondTime

Here is Iori on a DDP:

52496295832_6f7a4a8879_3k.jpgClass is in Session.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

Iori on a DDS:

52481966607_e7db19d848_6k.jpgIori Minase On DDS by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

Iori on a DD:

52493942700_18472fd874_3k.jpgIori - On DD-4085-Edit copy.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

One thing to keep in mind is DDP has only S-Bust as an option.

IMO MDD don't look like adults even with a larger bust size. The body was intended to represent a prepubescent child, and the hip / waist profile matches that age range.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Scribbles
On 11/13/2022 at 6:21 AM, Jezrah said:

I know you said you were basing your body choice on your figure collection, but keep in mind that making Holo with either a Volks MDD or DDP body with a Volks head will make her look like a chibi version rather than her adult self. If you still want her to be shorter but have the more adult body proportions you might consider another brand for the body, like AZ02 or Angel Philia. If you were to go that route it would affect head choice too since the head would also need to be on the smaller side.

I've looked at the AZ02 and the Angel Philia options - but I can't find a head that works well for a Holo doll with those bodies. I know AP has the Elle, Ellie, and Emma dolls. But the first two just look very chibi to me, and the last is a little too human looking? 😕 I know Azone has a lot more options. But I can't seem to find a head that I can imagine as a Holo.

I know I could use a head from a different brand... But I've been warned off mixing brands for my first doll. And if I'm being honest I also find it a little scary all things considered ^^" 

Scribbles
On 11/13/2022 at 7:35 AM, BeyondTime said:

If you want character accuracy, I would go with DDS if you are using a Volks body. More outfit options too.

Here is a comparison shot of various doll bodies. I didn't think to add a SmartDoll, but they would be around DD height with a slimmer profile but a larger chest.

424777274_Dollfie-AzoneBodyCompare-4637-Editcopy.jpg.ab5286cc092ae6168fe1246d850c0e3a.jpg

Thank you for the size comparisons! I do think my biggest gripe is the lack of M-chest for the DDPs. The DDS body is def more accurate. But the DDP already towers over my figures... I just don't think it would work for the shrine - specially as a replacement for a 1/4th. 

Scribbles
On 11/13/2022 at 7:38 AM, finnleo said:

All things considered, you might want to look at what parabox has to offer to stay in the smaller 1/4 scale range. and even that is going to tower over any normal 1/8 or 1/6 scale figures.

Also which Holo do you want to recreate? Either one of the Anime designs (The seasons were made by two different companies), the Yu Asakura original novel one, or follow your favorite doujin artist (which was my own route... sort of)

Quick look around manda had Iori's fullsets at a steady 55k yen median, with one sold at 45k. The 45k yen number is not far off what you would pay just for a body + head on volks international at the moment.

looking at it, oddly enough Iori as a holo could work, but the juvenile body is still a thing since the head is a bit small for a DDS body in my opinion.

Thanks for the recommendation! I hadn't heard of parabox before. It's a treasure trove O.o

As far as the Holo tho! The light novel version by Yu Asakura is my current goal - particularly head-wise. That said, I hadn't seen your Holo yet! As a fan I'd love a pointer in her direction if she's public. 

Oddly enough - I was only trying to look for the head. I didn't think of the full body. But that makes perfect sense - it's a DDP for gods sake!! Still sold out... but definitely a possibility. That said, I get your point about the DDS body. Maybe I could pad the DDP chest? 😕 

Scribbles
On 11/13/2022 at 8:38 AM, BeyondTime said:

Here is Iori on a DDP:

52496295832_6f7a4a8879_3k.jpgClass is in Session.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

Iori on a DDS:

52481966607_e7db19d848_6k.jpgIori Minase On DDS by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

Iori on a DD:

52493942700_18472fd874_3k.jpgIori - On DD-4085-Edit copy.jpg by Cult of Athena, on Flickr

One thing to keep in mind is DDP has only S-Bust as an option.

IMO MDD don't look like adults even with a larger bust size. The body was intended to represent a prepubescent child, and the hip / waist profile matches that age range.

Thankchoo for the reference pics!! I agree with the MDD looking too young. I've seen a few different attempts at aging them up and while some of them work a lot better - idk that they would work for Holo. Maybe I could pad the S-Bust on the DDP?

Grover864

Whichever route you go I can't wait to see it! Here's a quick pic of a DD sitting next to a row of 1/7, 1/8 scales with a printed/ painted Holo I made on the far end. May give some input to your size choice. 

DD with some scale figs

Jezrah
8 hours ago, Scribbles said:

I've looked at the AZ02 and the Angel Philia options - but I can't find a head that works well for a Holo doll with those bodies. I know AP has the Elle, Ellie, and Emma dolls. But the first two just look very chibi to me, and the last is a little too human looking? 😕 I know Azone has a lot more options. But I can't seem to find a head that I can imagine as a Holo.

I know I could use a head from a different brand... But I've been warned off mixing brands for my first doll. And if I'm being honest I also find it a little scary all things considered ^^" 

Ok, then if you don't want to mix companies, what about a Parabox Luna head on one of their 47cm bodies? The 47cm body is a little shorter but also a little curvier than the 48 and 50cm bodies. Parabox also has a larger bust option.

https://paraboxshop.jp/index_en_jpy_592-620.html

https://paraboxshop.jp/goods_en_jpy_2357.html

https://paraboxshop.jp/goods_en_jpy_2438.html

They also had this combo in a basic set with faceup, though it's currently out of stock. You can still see the proportions though.

https://paraboxshop.jp/goods_en_jpy_6954.html

The particular body is also listed as out of stock at the moment, but is more likely to be restocked sooner since it's a normal item and doesn't require the heads with faceups.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

BeyondTime
9 hours ago, Scribbles said:

I just don't think it would work for the shrine - specially as a replacement for a 1/4th.

7 hours ago, Grover864 said:

DD with some scale figs

It depends on your shrine, but I think this shows that you can make a small and large ones work together. I compared a 1/4 and even a DDP does tower over them.

Honestly too, once I got my first DD, I never bought another figure. Don't get me wrong, lots of people here do both, it was just for me DD were about 1000 times better. DD are more like a full blown hobby item too, like model railroading or RC cars. You can spend so much time and effort just tricking out one of them. I mostly mentioning this as a warning, you might find yourself addicted to the new addition.

One advantage to DDs is if the body doesn't work you can always pop the head off and put it on another body.

I always warn people with custom dolls, they're expensive - they can run into the thousands, and some parts you need may not be possible to find. I have a dozen or so characters I'd love to make a custom DD of, and not so much as one even remotely matching wig to go with any of them. Make sure you can find all the parts before you start. 

8 hours ago, Scribbles said:

Maybe I could pad the S-Bust on the DDP?

If you can sew you could maybe make some falsies, but bras for DDP are pretty limited in size so I'm not sure you'll find one you can pad.

finnleo
9 hours ago, Scribbles said:

Yu Asakura is my current goal - particularly head-wise. That said, I hadn't seen your Holo yet! As a fan I'd love a pointer in her direction if she's public. 

jyuu ayakura's (pardon my original misshap with the name) style might be the most challenging due to the usual ear to ear grin their illustrations tend to have, especially after revamping the art style a after the few first books. Also amusing is how the ears shrunk between the first three books.

as for my holo ... its probably better described as a "Cosplay" for the moment, and I did post it on the forum a year ago.

51418073180_e2e24e651f_b.jpg

michi147

But the shinguji sakura head did go click for me in terms of a few certain doujin illustrations on the subject, but will have to see if I ever make anything more out of it though.

out of personal curiosity I did stick the wig/ear/tail combo on my iori for funzies and this was ther result:

52496241362_1ee95f35d3_b.jpg

deko063

The head isnt a bad choise I guess, but the body makes the whole seem a bit too young.

• Like 2

BeyondTime
27 minutes ago, finnleo said:

The head isnt a bad choise I guess, but the body makes the whole seem a bit too young.

The oversized head imparts a youthful look that her figure can't really compensate for.

I do see what you mean about her head being a bit small for DDS & DD though. In the case of mine, I think it works because the wig imparts a helmet hair effect that makes her head look bigger than it really is.

Now I want to start making Darth Iori-Helmet jokes...

Sans wig, I think it would look small on a DD, certainly in the context of anime style head scale, but even in terms of human scale I'd expect it would look just a bit smallish.

Xiongmao

I have every DD size except the regular DD. The DDS body is my favourite as it poses really well and there's a load of outfits available.

My DDP is Yayoi (Iori's friend) and while I think they've done an incredible job of capturing a teen physique, some things annoy me like her lower arm pieces don't seem to be quite long enough. Also her head seems older than her body but maybe I don't have the right outfit for her yet. Speaking of outfits, sourcing DDP stuff is quite difficult.

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Tira
6 hours ago, Jezrah said:

Ok, then if you don't want to mix companies, what about a Parabox Luna head on one of their 47cm bodies? The 47cm body is a little shorter but also a little curvier than the 48 and 50cm bodies. Parabox also has a larger bust option.

https://paraboxshop.jp/goods_en_jpy_2438.html

They also had this combo in a basic set with faceup, though it's currently out of stock. You can still see the proportions though.

https://paraboxshop.jp/goods_en_jpy_6954.html

The particular body is also listed as out of stock at the moment, but is more likely to be restocked sooner since it's a normal item and doesn't require the heads with faceups.

The 47cm body will not be restocked, as it used the discontinued 60cm frame. For a curvier body in that size range, the Azone AZO2 body would be your best bet. Personally, I think the Iris Collect default sculpt looks fairly similar to Iori. You could also put a Parabox head on an Azone or AngelPhilia body very easily, because they all use the Obitsu 50cm frame.

Oculae
16 hours ago, Tira said:

The 47cm body will not be restocked, as it used the discontinued 60cm frame.

No, that's completely incorrect. The 47cm body uses modified pieces of the 50cm frame, which is very much still in production. Parabox themselves mention that on their site.

It should come back into stock eventually!

EDIT: I went on a deep dive and found out I was also wrong! There IS a 47cm that uses 60cm parts - I found it mentioned in a 10 year old video. It's super old, they must have discontinued it and replaced it with the one using 50cm parts a while back. The more you know!

Edited by Oculae
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

Roxanne

I saw Holo and was immediatly ready to reply, when I saw mine was already posted, what a surprise! 

Those photo's are old and were taken when I just got her new ears and tail in and I did not yet have a body for her. But since I was super impatient and just wanted to see how it would look I quickly borrowed one of my other girl's bodies. I still haven't been able to get Holo her own DDS body as of yet, but meanwhile she has been upgraded to a small bust at least, which already is more accurate to the character, so I'm happy about that! I just need to find some time to update my photos of her, as the bigger bust on the current photos is really annoying me.

I agree it depends on the version of Holo you want to make. In the Manga she has way more of a youthful look to her than she does in the Anime. I personally for myself wanted my Holo on a DDP originally, to more resemble the original Manga art style. But sadly the DDH-16 head is quite a big head and I can already tell it will just look super off on a DDP, so my second choice will be a DDS, which is also a really good option for Holo in my opinion. I personally can't see her on an MDD. Either DDP or DDS would be the best options for her if you decide you want a Dollfie. If you're really set on a smaller scale (which is totally understandable given the space these dolls do take) you might indeed be better off trying a different brand of dolls all together.

Here is a quick snap of my Holo sitting down in my Holo shrine, so maybe that can give you an idea. Sadly the display case is not tall enough to make her fully kneel inside (let alone completely stand), so the best I could do was let her sit like this:

Spoiler

wAZJQ4o.jpg

Holo is really special to me and I constantly find myself wanting to improve my doll of her. It's like a never ending cycle of feeling like "she's not quite there yet" and always wanting to improve her in different ways. I also still need to commission someone to make her one of her actual outfits as well. She still has some ways to go, and I already want to get her a different pair of ears (and maybe a new tail to really match those) too!

My instagram! 

ragnamuffin
35 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I constantly find myself wanting to improve my doll of her. It's like a never ending cycle of feeling like "she's not quite there yet" and always wanting to improve her in different ways.

Ooof that’s a feel! Not related to Holo, but my DDH-06 is based on a character that I doubt will ever get turned into a doll, and while I love her and think she’s beautiful as she is now, her eyes and outfit are not as accurate as I’d like. You always feel like there’s something else you could/should do to make it more faithful to the source material.

• Like 3

Tira
On 11/15/2022 at 4:23 PM, Oculae said:

No, that's completely incorrect. The 47cm body uses modified pieces of the 50cm frame, which is very much still in production. Parabox themselves mention that on their site.

It should come back into stock eventually!

EDIT: I went on a deep dive and found out I was also wrong! There IS a 47cm that uses 60cm parts - I found it mentioned in a 10 year old video. It's super old, they must have discontinued it and replaced it with the one using 50cm parts a while back. The more you know!

Huh. I was only familiar with the older one, and I didn't realize there was a new one available (especially since some of the old 60cm stuff is still on the site).

Scribbles
On 11/14/2022 at 10:21 PM, Grover864 said:

Whichever route you go I can't wait to see it! Here's a quick pic of a DD sitting next to a row of 1/7, 1/8 scales with a printed/ painted Holo I made on the far end. May give some input to your size choice. 

!!!!!! Thank you for the reference!! The difference is huge! Especially beside the 1/8 scales - tho some of those can lean really small sometimes. Also!! That printed/painted Holo looks so precious! The plentiful harvest Holo figure was actually the first in my figure collection (I think yours has the same dress?) and I love her so much despite her face being a bit off. <3

On 11/15/2022 at 6:04 AM, Jezrah said:

Ooooh! I hadn't considered the Luna head. But I do like how it looks on the 47cm body. The 50cm body looks good too honestly! I'm always conflicted on the chest pieces tho - since Holo doesn't have a large bust. That said- a small bust might make her look too small at this size... I might end up just getting both to try it out once I get to the body section of the build. I just need to check on the person I'm commissioning for a face up to ask about the Luna head for now!

On 11/15/2022 at 6:34 AM, BeyondTime said:

Honestly too, once I got my first DD, I never bought another figure. Don't get me wrong, lots of people here do both, it was just for me DD were about 1000 times better. DD are more like a full blown hobby item too, like model railroading or RC cars. You can spend so much time and effort just tricking out one of them. I mostly mentioning this as a warning, you might find yourself addicted to the new addition.

One advantage to DDs is if the body doesn't work you can always pop the head off and put it on another body.

I always warn people with custom dolls, they're expensive - they can run into the thousands, and some parts you need may not be possible to find. I have a dozen or so characters I'd love to make a custom DD of, and not so much as one even remotely matching wig to go with any of them. Make sure you can find all the parts before you start. 

Oooooohh booooiii..... I may or may not be actively trying to ignore the possibility of this. I don't see myself stopping the figure collection hobby any time soon - I know this might sound strange - but I just love non-posable figures. And nitpicking designs and all that. But picking up this hobby will definitely make a dent on my wallet. I mean, I started off my search wanting only one small dollfie dream. And I'm over here already planning another custom project for a full size DD.... >~>

On 11/15/2022 at 6:34 AM, BeyondTime said:

If you can sew you could maybe make some falsies, but bras for DDP are pretty limited in size so I'm not sure you'll find one you can pad.

Good to know!! I'll make some falsies instead then. I'm already planning on making the outfits for her. Granted - I've only ever sewn for adult humans so idk exactly how transferable my skills are.... ^^" 

On 11/15/2022 at 7:23 AM, finnleo said:

jyuu ayakura's (pardon my original misshap with the name) style might be the most challenging due to the usual ear to ear grin their illustrations tend to have, especially after revamping the art style a after the few first books. Also amusing is how the ears shrunk between the first three books.

Oh! No worries. My holo collection is actually sitting right beside so you'd think I'd have caught that before replying. XD I'm definitely a little scared of her grin as far as the face up goes. My second favorite design is actually from season 1 by Kasuya Kuroda so I'm planning on sending the artist that design as well just in case. And those ears have definitely caused some drama in the figure collecting sphere. I don't mind the smaller ears but it's kinda funny having different ear sizes among figures of her. 

as for my holo ... its probably better described as a "Cosplay" for the moment, and I did post it on the forum a year ago.

She's so COOOOTTTTT!!!!!! I absolutely love the photo! She looks precious! I'd love to know the doujin she's based off! Sorry for not including her in my original post tho! I'll definitely add her to my inspo list moving forward. The shinguji sakura head looks really good too! I think the shape reminds me more of the manga version out of the 4 official ones. 

out of personal curiosity I did stick the wig/ear/tail combo on my iori for funzies and this was ther result

!!!!!! Thank you so much! I really appreciate the reference! I do agree that her body looks a little young - but I was maybe hoping on making her some falsies to address chest size. Maybe her first outfit would also add to her... thiccness I guess? Maturity....? Age her up a little. Since her color palette and outfits lean on the more serious/older side. 

On 11/15/2022 at 12:54 PM, Tira said:

The 47cm body will not be restocked, as it used the discontinued 60cm frame. For a curvier body in that size range, the Azone AZO2 body would be your best bet. Personally, I think the Iris Collect default sculpt looks fairly similar to Iori. You could also put a Parabox head on an Azone or AngelPhilia body very easily, because they all use the Obitsu 50cm frame.

I just looked up the Iris Collect sculpt and I think the "NarcisseNoir x Iris Collect Kano - Winter Date" doll is perfect!!!!! And also waaayyyy too pale for Holo... TT~TT I think Holo leans more towards the "flesh" skin color rather than the "almost white" skin color. But that's a great rec as far as brands go! It definitely looks similar to the Iori. I'll look into it more! 

On 11/17/2022 at 4:29 AM, Roxanne said:

I saw Holo and was immediatly ready to reply, when I saw mine was already posted, what a surprise! 

Those photo's are old and were taken when I just got her new ears and tail in and I did not yet have a body for her. But since I was super impatient and just wanted to see how it would look I quickly borrowed one of my other girl's bodies. I still haven't been able to get Holo her own DDS body as of yet, but meanwhile she has been upgraded to a small bust at least, which already is more accurate to the character, so I'm happy about that! I just need to find some time to update my photos of her, as the bigger bust on the current photos is really annoying me.

Oh. My gosh. Not me low-key fangirling over you responding to my post. ^^" I absolutely love your Holo! The head/faceup/hair combo are just perfect. I can't wait to see more photos of her upgraded chest piece! While I am considering padding her chest a bit for the DDP (since it already looks younger), I do think the S-bust is perfect for a full scale dollfie Holo.

I agree it depends on the version of Holo you want to make. In the Manga she has way more of a youthful look to her than she does in the Anime. I personally for myself wanted my Holo on a DDP originally, to more resemble the original Manga art style. But sadly the DDH-16 head is quite a big head and I can already tell it will just look super off on a DDP, so my second choice will be a DDS, which is also a really good option for Holo in my opinion. I personally can't see her on an MDD. Either DDP or DDS would be the best options for her if you decide you want a Dollfie. If you're really set on a smaller scale (which is totally understandable given the space these dolls do take) you might indeed be better off trying a different brand of dolls all together.

I'm leaning more toward the light novel version myself! This one:  

51hArxHxW-L.jpg

Tho I do like the animes first season too... she just looks a little older here: 

https://static.zerochan.net/Horo.full.563975.jpg

You went the opposite route it seems. I thought the DDH-07 resembled her most but I had to scale it down to fit the DDP body. This might be a mistake on my end... but I might end up with the Iris Collection doll instead as suggested above considering my size constraint! There's also the official Azone Holo... but idk if I'm a fan of it myself. I'm happy to hear I'm not too crazy for thinking a DDP body might fit her tho! I'm a big fan of the DDS body too but I think it'll tower over my figures way too much for the shrine especially without a bigger transitionary scale in my collection. 😕 

Here is a quick snap of my Holo sitting down in my Holo shrine, so maybe that can give you an idea. Sadly the display case is not tall enough to make her fully kneel inside (let alone completely stand), so the best I could do was let her sit like this:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for the reference pic! I love your shrine! I got the Pop Up Parade myself but I wasn't a fan of her pose for the Freeing B-style TT~TT I think she looks too delicate? If that makes sense? Too consciously demure? But her hair and tail are so pretty.... and I love that they didn't go for a traditional bunny suit. (Honestly, I might just end up getting it. It looks amazing in everyones shrines.) But not having heris exactly what got me thinking of the doll for the shrine instead. ^^" Also! I really love how your Holo doll is sitting on the edge. I think it makes the shelf so much more dynamic! 

Also also. Sorry to peek but your Sonico shrine looks so cool! I'm actively looking for her wedding anniversary figure. And the new suimsuit figure that's releasing in 2023 looks sssoooo gooooddd! 

Holo is really special to me and I constantly find myself wanting to improve my doll of her. It's like a never ending cycle of feeling like "she's not quite there yet" and always wanting to improve her in different ways. I also still need to commission someone to make her one of her actual outfits as well. She still has some ways to go, and I already want to get her a different pair of ears (and maybe a new tail to really match those) too!

She's so beautiful - I can't wait to see the finished version. Specially with one of her iconic outfits!! I'm planning on making her the plentiful harvest outfit and the first blue outfit myself (the one she's wearing in the PUP) when I get her. 

• Like 1

Oculae

Y'know what light novel Holo reminds me of? An Angel Philia type G!

Screenshot_20221118_064757_Firefox.jpg.57c6a37f92b128d045bd987cc6102b5b.jpg

(Though I may just be biased, as this head is my favorite. 😆)

It's one of their older heads, so a lot of the official faceups are a bit wonky and don't show its character well, but the blank sculpt itself is solid and it's still around! It's also available in whitey, which will match an Obitsu 47 body if you wanted to go that route. And since Obitsu makes all the vinyl for Angel Philia, this head will fit on an Obitsu body just fine, giving you that nice DDP size and scale. You'll have to use a proxy to get a blank head directly from Quarantotto, but it's fairly cheap to do despite AP's usual price point.

tumblr_o9govtKpFv1v9twgko1_400.gif.eae368d3c0bfc2a75087167170705ec2.gifPlease ping me when replying!

finnleo
4 hours ago, Scribbles said:

I'd love to know the doujin she's based off! Sorry for not including her in my original post tho! I'll definitely add her to my inspo list moving forward. The shinguji sakura head looks really good too! I think the shape reminds me more of the manga version out of the 4 official ones. 

hmm, well the doujin bit is one of those how much do I want to disclose of knowing about things, but Kawakami Rokkaku's Harvest booklets (and yes, they are ero-doujins), however I strongly recommend not looking up what they are up to these days since they've gone from artistic erotica to something else entirely shall we say. 

But despite everything I really did and still do like the ambience and artistry those few first booklets had.

As for the manga... well, Koume Keito has a much more distinctive angular style, especially side by side with Ayakura's stuff:

52508293603_0df5145c2f_b.jpg

but well, spoiled for choise in terms of what direction you want to go with the art.

And my stuff seems to go un-noticed for the most part ... at least that photoset performed below average on flickr and mfc, so no worries I guess.

4 hours ago, Scribbles said:

I do agree that her body looks a little young - but I was maybe hoping on making her some falsies to address chest size. Maybe her first outfit would also add to her... thiccness I guess? Maturity....? Age her up a little. Since her color palette and outfits lean on the more serious/older side. 

The big thing to consider is that holo (to me) is athletic slender. So its not really a matter of boobs or butts (the nude's ayakura has done she barely has breasts), but overall body proportions. as like beyondtime mentioned a DDS in either medium or small would be quite perfect in the volks lineup, and my sakura shinguji as a S-bust DD is quite fitting, but thats just my oppinion.

Addendum:

There is actually still one solution, which is Ayakura's Holo-tan ... the semi-chibi bookend illustrations they did:

52508240790_5e44ed8b92_c.jpg52507284482_9bc6fff6bb_c.jpg

Edited by finnleo

BeyondTime
6 hours ago, Scribbles said:

Good to know!! I'll make some falsies instead then. I'm already planning on making the outfits for her. Granted - I've only ever sewn for adult humans so idk exactly how transferable my skills are.... ^^" 

There are pattern books from Volks,  but the text is in Japanese. 

chantelle

You could consider shrinking a DDH-07 with acetone if you really love the DDH-07 but wanted it smaller! Another member of the forum tried it out and posted a guide.