Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Arein

DD Hatsune Miku NT

Sebby
8 hours ago, RyuichiSakuma13 said:

I'm following this thread in order to live vicariously through the winners see how Volk's lottery works.  Its very interesting. 

So, everyone who won gets a little bit of space before they actually have their credit card charged?  Or does it depend on what country?  Is it a lottery for only the Japanese site, or does the US Volks site also use the Japanese site for their lotteries, or do they run a separate lottery?

Ryu 

For me (europe, netherlands) the charge was reserved so it's not like I can use the money on other stuff. So it doesnt really count as having space. 

Lottery for only jp or jp and US or only US depends on the agreements between Volks US and Volks JP. For Miku if I remember correctly it seemed to be a preorder for US and ended up a lottery for JP. And I have seen lotteries for US while it was a normal clickwar on JP. The lotteries are always seperate, so with the US lottery you apply for a different batch of dolls than the JP lottery. So if you are in the US and you lose one of the two you can still apply for the other (if possible with application periods). 

Also, this current lottery was a bit of an unique case as it started as a preorder. In some lotteries they send a payment link after you won(I think Volks US does that too). I joined the JP lottery for a Dollfie Icon and wasn't charged when I applied. So the payment being done in advance for Miku is more because she started out as a limited preorder. 

• Thanks 1

RetroKanojo
12 hours ago, RyuichiSakuma13 said:

So, everyone who won gets a little bit of space before they actually have their credit card charged?  Or does it depend on what country?  Is it a lottery for only the Japanese site, or does the US Volks site also use the Japanese site for their lotteries, or do they run a separate lottery?

This is my first rodeo so any more experienced members are more than welcome to correct me!

US Volks and JP/International Volks are two separate 'entities' as far as I'm aware. In this case specifically, the US store held an unlimited preorder for Miku while the international store only had a lottery (technically it started as a 'limited preorder', and if orders surpassed their production capacity it changed to lottery, which is kind of weird to me, why not call it a lottery from the start? XD). Now, the US store could have well held a separate lottery instead of a preorder as well but who, where, how these decisions are made is unclear to me. Unfortunately, the US store only ships within the US (maybe also Canada? I'm not sure;;) - so everyone else has to use the JP site, unless they use a proxy. With the current exchange rate between USD and YEN, buying from the JP store is cheaper than buying from the US store though.

In case of lottery, regarding when/how payments are charged.. (This is only for JP store, not sure about US)

To me, it was explained by another member of the community that it basically depends on your payment method/the card you used. Generally, they need you to pay the full amount up front. Now, they either can charge you the moment you enter the lottery, then keep or refund the money based on whether you win or lose or they only charge you once you were determined as a winner.

In my case, I got charged as soon as I entered the lottery on the 13th of January, then I got it refunded on the 23rd - could be that my card cancelled the payment because Volks didn't confirm it on their end or something like that? 

From what I've seen, they are sort of taking their time, as I've heard others report that previous lotteries had the money taken as soon as winners were determined. I'm sure they will issue payment requests in the very near future though!

• Thanks 1

Morilec

They took the money, the transfer was requested on day 8, but I don't know why it's only hanging in my bank today, I also saved €3 with the difference in currency compared to the first payment, ahahahah, I'm much more at peace now.

• Like 1

RetroKanojo

Yup, they took my money on Monday - saved a whole 7 as well @onion9@

Sebby

Here it says the 8th too but it only showed up today. Saved 7 euros as well. Tbh the yen is really amazing for purchasing stuff from Japan at the moment. 500 for a Miku with shipping is amazing. (the import customs will be painful though... Buuuut we have time to save up for that)

Edited by Sebby

Morilec
On 2/14/2024 at 1:15 PM, Sebby said:

Here it says the 8th too but it only showed up today. Saved 7 euros as well. Tbh the yen is really amazing for purchasing stuff from Japan at the moment. 500 for a Miku with shipping is amazing. (the import customs will be painful though... Buuuut we have time to save up for that)

For Mirai I paid around 130/140€ in Germany, I think I'll pay about the same for Miku 

Kiwi717

I'm getting so anxious! Do we have any idea when NT is shipping? I know all that was said was summer. 

mayaiincho

Forgot to place my pre-order >.<

• Sad 3

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

Calyps0Kitt3n
On 4/10/2024 at 11:14 AM, Kiwi717 said:

I'm getting so anxious! Do we have any idea when NT is shipping? I know all that was said was summer. 

Mmm, my own personal theory is that she will release sometime around July or August. I feel like Kaito release a bit late for his expected delivery last year (was for Spring but I got him in early Summer). I could see Miku taking a bit longer though. Of course I hope I am wrong about this, I want her ASAP myself! I was worried I would regret the impulse buy, but that FOMO has not worn off at all! lol

Stupid_Hoomun

Volks posted today that pre orders from Dollys Party 50 venues will start shipping on the 11th May.

Not sure if that includes ones won in the online store lottery as that was the after party event which isn't mentioned.

Sebby
1 hour ago, Stupid_Hoomun said:

Volks posted today that pre orders from Dollys Party 50 venues will start shipping on the 11th May.

Not sure if that includes ones won in the online store lottery as that was the after party event which isn't mentioned.

After Event said Fall so that'll take a bit longer I think. I am thinking (and hoping) August/September. Since the Volks USA preorder were Dolls Party 50 preorder dolls they should be in the May batches, but the JP lottery will be shipped later.

• Like 2