Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Arein

DD Hatsune Miku NT

Morilec

Update

So, I contacted both Volks and my bank, Volks responded to me in less than an hour, great customer service, they told me that it is not a big problem because if I am one of the lottery winners, because after the announcement of the win they will make a payment request again. But they advised me to use a card with a longer "payment expiration date" in the future.

While the bank told me that theoretically there is no problem if they ask for payment, it should be automatic, but that the payment may also require 3DS authorization, so I would have to confirm manually from the app within 5 minutes, saying that usually there is it is always for large amounts, but it is the merchant who decides whether to request payment with or without 3DS protection. I also asked for a card like the one asked for by Volks, but they told me it doesn't exist, maybe it's not something used in Europe.

Now I don't know what to do, I think I'll wait until the lottery announcements, after that, I'll put the ringtone on maximum every evening and connect my smartwatch to the bank app notifications, so that they can wake me up if a request arrives authorization in the middle of the night.

• Like 2

RyuichiSakuma13

Oh wow!  What a thing to have to worry about so early in the morning.

Good luck and congrats on being a winner!

Ryu

• Like 1

Xiongmao

I thought it you won the lottery they sent you an email giving you a link to the payment page? I may be wrong though because we've never won a lottery 😪. Those were for SD though and they don't make very many of them.

• Like 1

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

Heartplace

9 hours ago, Morilec said:

Update

So, I contacted both Volks and my bank, Volks responded to me in less than an hour, great customer service, they told me that it is not a big problem because if I am one of the lottery winners, because after the announcement of the win they will make a payment request again. But they advised me to use a card with a longer "payment expiration date" in the future.

While the bank told me that theoretically there is no problem if they ask for payment, it should be automatic, but that the payment may also require 3DS authorization, so I would have to confirm manually from the app within 5 minutes, saying that usually there is it is always for large amounts, but it is the merchant who decides whether to request payment with or without 3DS protection. I also asked for a card like the one asked for by Volks, but they told me it doesn't exist, maybe it's not something used in Europe.

Now I don't know what to do, I think I'll wait until the lottery announcements, after that, I'll put the ringtone on maximum every evening and connect my smartwatch to the bank app notifications, so that they can wake me up if a request arrives authorization in the middle of the night.

This is terrifying! I'm sure relieved that Volks was understanding. But that's so weird that the payment had some expiration date on it? I thought they just made a test payment and then redacted it, then charged full automatically if you win. Now I'm anxious for the Elizabeth lottery and emails start going out later today. That's so strange that a payment would require a 3DS authorization? That's not convenient at all, neither is having to approve in five minutes. Can you ask Volks do not require the 3DS protection? Maybe they won't on their own? I'm sorry you're in this predicament, good luck on the lottery!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Morilec
22 hours ago, Xiongmao said:

I thought it you won the lottery they sent you an email giving you a link to the payment page? I may be wrong though because we've never won a lottery 😪. Those were for SD though and they don't make very many of them.

I thought that was the case too, but probably since Miku was initially without a lottery, they asked for the full amount to be paid immediately. Then I don't know, it's the first time I've bought a new DD.

16 hours ago, Heartplace said:

This is terrifying! I'm sure relieved that Volks was understanding. But that's so weird that the payment had some expiration date on it? I thought they just made a test payment and then redacted it, then charged full automatically if you win. Now I'm anxious for the Elizabeth lottery and emails start going out later today. That's so strange that a payment would require a 3DS authorization? That's not convenient at all, neither is having to approve in five minutes. Can you ask Volks do not require the 3DS protection? Maybe they won't on their own? I'm sorry you're in this predicament, good luck on the lottery!

I don't know, it's stressful, I'm thinking of writing to Volks again, to ask for information on secure payment.

Thank you very much, good luck to you too, everything okay with Elizabeth?

• Like 1

Morilec

I received the second response from Volks, like the bank they told me that probably since it is a repayment, it will not need 3DS confirmation, but even they are not sure, so I am left with doubts. 

Heartplace

Everything went through with my Elizabeth. I'm so sorry you're in this stressful situation, but that's good news that it probably wouldn't need a 3DS confirmation. I mean, you're flatout telling them to expect this large sum payment and from that company specifically. Still, leave your buzzers on and I'll cross my fingers for you!

• Like 1

Sebby

* does a nervous tapping on their desk* Two days left till results. I AM NERVOUS. AAAGH. I think I have officially started to annoy my coworkers with how excited and nervous I am. The universe hasn't yet decided whether it will hate me this year or not, so who knows...

Edited by Sebby
  • Like 1

MikuFan

Just got my email.

I won a Miku NT.

spacer.png

• Like 10

Uniquecrysis
10 minutes ago, MikuFan said:

Just got my email.

I won a Miku NT.

spacer.png

Congrats still waiting for my email 

Stupid_Hoomun

I have received email to say I won \o/

• Like 6

Sebby

I also got an email that I won! 🥳 Whoooooo!

• Like 6

RyuichiSakuma13

Congrats to all the winners! @onion20@

Ryu

• Like 6

Morilec

I won too, now I'm waiting for the money to be taken again.

• Like 5

Mikuhime

I won \(^-^)/

In the email it says "We have processed your payment via Credit Card in accordance with winning the product." Should I be worried that my card hasn't been charged again yet? The initial charge dropped off after a like a week.

• Like 4

Morilec

However, I remembered that the shipment was in summer, but in the email it says autumn, have they changed or am I remembering wrong? 

And does anyone know if it is possible to change the shipping address? Because I should move country in the autumn

Roxanne

I lost, again... Second lottery I lost. First Elizabeth, now Miku. I'm very dissapointed...

• Like 1
  • Sad 13

My instagram! 

RetroKanojo

Came here to report that I also won me a Miku! @onion22@

This is the first time I entered a DD lottery, and probably the first time I ever really won anything at all?

When she was originally announced I actually had no interest in her whatsoever. I was curious whether she would get a new sculpt but when it was confirmed that she wouldn't, and I saw the official photos of her I felt very disinterested.. that was until I saw owner pics, and completely fell in love. As I was debating on whether or not to enter the lottery, I actually had a dream where I received her XD I entered the lottery (never had a doubt it would turn into one) and thought to myself 'Oh well, it's up to fate now, I guess'. 

I actually put on my Miku hoodie and painted my nails on the day I ordered her - did anyone else do a summoning ritual? LOL 

I still can't quite believe this is real..

• Like 6

Sebby
3 hours ago, Mikuhime said:

I won \(^-^)/

In the email it says "We have processed your payment via Credit Card in accordance with winning the product." Should I be worried that my card hasn't been charged again yet? The initial charge dropped off after a like a week.

They havent processed the payment here yet either. I am sure it will work out and otherwise contact them. 

1 hour ago, Morilec said:

However, I remembered that the shipment was in summer, but in the email it says autumn, have they changed or am I remembering wrong? 

And does anyone know if it is possible to change the shipping address? Because I should move country in the autumn

It said Autumn from the start as far as I know. You can message them with the correct address before they ship.

• Like 1

Morilec
48 minutes ago, Sebby said:

It said Autumn from the start as far as I know. You can message them with the correct address before they ship.

Thank you, I remembered wrong.

Mikuhime
4 hours ago, Sebby said:

They havent processed the payment here yet either. I am sure it will work out and otherwise contact them.

Yeah I just checked on MFC, and people there haven't been charged yet either. So I'll just keep an eye out to see when they start charging people.

Stupid_Hoomun

I've yet to be charged too. I thought I hadn't won. It was 3.30am and I woke to use the bathroom and checked my email on my phone. When I saw I had email from Volks I thought that because it was so soon I just assumed they would have been sending out losing emails. It was only when I rubbed my sleepy eyes and put my glasses on I saw I had won.

I didn't sleep much after that 🤣

• Haha 4

Sebby
42 minutes ago, Stupid_Hoomun said:

I've yet to be charged too. I thought I hadn't won. It was 3.30am and I woke to use the bathroom and checked my email on my phone. When I saw I had email from Volks I thought that because it was so soon I just assumed they would have been sending out losing emails. It was only when I rubbed my sleepy eyes and put my glasses on I saw I had won.

I didn't sleep much after that 🤣

I keep checking the email to make sure I didn't read it wrong 😅 Gonna have to sell secondhand stuffs to cover the costs tho. Didn't quite expect to win with my bad luck xD

• Like 2

RyuichiSakuma13

I'm following this thread in order to live vicariously through the winners see how Volk's lottery works.  Its very interesting. 

So, everyone who won gets a little bit of space before they actually have their credit card charged?  Or does it depend on what country?  Is it a lottery for only the Japanese site, or does the US Volks site also use the Japanese site for their lotteries, or do they run a separate lottery?

Ryu 

Edited by RyuichiSakuma13
  • Like 1