Jump to content

sunlightandtea

Politely Nefarious

AnnaNeko

Xiongmao

Mandie

BeyondTime

DesertPhantom51

F-15

ateliervanilla

The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

froggubi

MDD Mochi Ashi v1 Shoe Troubles

Recommended Posts

froggubi
Posted (edited)

Hello! I recently got my first Dollfie after years and years of wanting a BJD of my own! She isn't the custom I had been planning, but a doll someone else had made custom at Doll Point and left at a secondhand store. I just felt so bad for her, I knew she had to come home with me!

Anyways, I've been having lots of issues truthfully (I didn't expect the learning curve to end up being so steep, but I'm determined to learn)! And one of the biggest is SHOES. 

She's the version 1 mochi ashi model, so her feet are big! I want to get her smaller feet to fit into smaller shoes eventually, but the Volks site is sold out right now. I'm planning to order shoes made for a slightly bigger Dollfie soon and see if those work. The ones I already did order (which were marked as just 1/4 scale iirc and not branded) didn't fit at all though, even though I thought the measurements lined up :c.

Anyways! All this rambling to say I need advice on how to find shoes that will fit this girl! 

(I realized this might have been better suited for the questions thread, my apologies! I'm still trying to figure out the layout of this website)!

Edited by froggubi
Added apology for possible incorrect thread usage
  • Like 1

699644753_secondsig(anemone).png.4ccac5b76ea906311d9da9f1b5381eaf.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
la_
Posted (edited)

Honestly, waiting around for the regular MDD feet to come back in stock is probably the best option. I have a tan v1 mochi myself and she has flesh normal MDD feet on under her body suit at all times. 😭 

Edited by la_
  • Like 1

https://dolldb.com/

Doll Sizing | Pattern Index

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
froggubi

Thank you, I'll keep an eye out on the website then! 😭


699644753_secondsig(anemone).png.4ccac5b76ea906311d9da9f1b5381eaf.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ragnamuffin

I don’t have a Mochi-Ashi, but iirc they can wear DD/SD-sized shoes. Volks usually lists compatible sizes on the website and the packaging, so look for ones that include Mochi-Ashi (if buying Volks brand).

But yes, replacing the feet with normal MDD ones will make your life easier 😅 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
froggubi

@ragnamuffin I did look into that! Buying the shoes straight from the Volks site was waaay out of my budget right now though XD

I think the shoes I ended up ordering off Mercari were for SDM/MSD iirc? The measurements looked good so I have my fingers crossed, worst case they were only a couple of dollars!

 

But I think the general consensus is generally Get The Smaller Feet, so I'm keeping an eye on the website to see when they restock! 


699644753_secondsig(anemone).png.4ccac5b76ea906311d9da9f1b5381eaf.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
froggubi

@la_ @ragnamuffin Sorry to ping you both! I'm looking at the website and... Honestly I'm a bit confused. My doll has the original mochi ashi body. So would she only be compatible with these feet? 

Or would one of these work? Is one better than the others? I'm a total noob at this, so I honestly have no idea! 


699644753_secondsig(anemone).png.4ccac5b76ea906311d9da9f1b5381eaf.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Celluery

Are the 1.0's feet different from the 2.0's? The only pair of shoes I have so far for my Mochi-Ashi 2.0 is a pair I got from Volks directly, listed to fit Mochi-Ashi, and they fit perfectly. Though Volks shoes aren't the cheapest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
froggubi

@Celluery I'm honestly not 100% sure. Based solely on this (warning for doll nudity) blog post, it seems like the v2 feet are a bit smaller? But it's really hard to tell. From what I can find online they're definitely slimmer though.

I didn't realize there even WAS a v2 mochi ashi when I ordered my girl. Turns out the v1 has lots of issues. I still love her to absolute bits though!

I'm definitely confused trying to figure out which feet from the site would fit her frame, since they're all listed differently, but I can't tell if they actually attach any differently or if they're just listing which dolls they look aesthetically best with, if that makes sense? 

58 minutes ago, froggubi said:

@la_ @ragnamuffin Sorry to ping you both! I'm looking at the website and... Honestly I'm a bit confused. My doll has the original mochi ashi body. So would she only be compatible with these feet? 

Or would one of these work? Is one better than the others? I'm a total noob at this, so I honestly have no idea! 

Here are the links to the different feet, for context! 

I get confused and overwhelmed pretty easy, so being able to connect with people here for help has already made the hobby much less stressful for me, honestly!

 

Anyways, I would LOVE to get some official shoes eventually! But just buying my girl and some care necessities wiped out my budget until next month.


699644753_secondsig(anemone).png.4ccac5b76ea906311d9da9f1b5381eaf.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ragnamuffin
2 hours ago, froggubi said:

@la_ @ragnamuffin Sorry to ping you both! I'm looking at the website and... Honestly I'm a bit confused. My doll has the original mochi ashi body. So would she only be compatible with these feet? 

Or would one of these work? Is one better than the others? I'm a total noob at this, so I honestly have no idea! 

The frame should be the same iirc so the f3 feet should work. I can’t keep track of all the new changes with the 2.0 bodies, but I think the new 2.0 feet should be compatible with the old body? If you’re in Japan, bring your doll to Doll Point (or your nearest Tenshi no Sumika) and ask the staff for help. No need to wait for them to come back in stock on the website or you’ll be waiting forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
froggubi

@ragnamuffin ... You know, I've been planning to stop by Doll Point for a bit now. I didn't even think that I could ask them for help with this! You're so smart, thank you!! I'll try and bump my Akiba trip up to being sooner! 


699644753_secondsig(anemone).png.4ccac5b76ea906311d9da9f1b5381eaf.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
froggubi
Posted (edited)
On 6/14/2026 at 4:22 PM, froggubi said:

I think the shoes I ended up ordering off Mercari were for SDM/MSD iirc? The measurements looked good so I have my fingers crossed, worst case they were only a couple of dollars!

Ignore the way her socks are a bit wrinkled, I was super excited and didn't spend the time smoothing them back out LOL!

But! The secondhand shoes I got fit! It was a bit of a squeeze, but they're on!!

They're also Volks official brand, and in fairly great condition! For only ¥1,333 ($8 USD ish)! I'm chuffed!

spacer.png

So now I'll have shoes for her to wear on our outing to Doll Point to get her smaller feet X3

Edited by froggubi
Formatting
  • Like 2

699644753_secondsig(anemone).png.4ccac5b76ea906311d9da9f1b5381eaf.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
froggubi
On 6/16/2026 at 3:46 PM, froggubi said:

So now I'll have shoes for her to wear on our outing to Doll Point to get her smaller feet X3

... Forgot to update! The Doll Point staff also weren't sure which feet would fit her skeleton! 😧


699644753_secondsig(anemone).png.4ccac5b76ea906311d9da9f1b5381eaf.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xiongmao

Mochi-Ashi will fit into regular MDD shoes, but it is a struggle. Misaki here is wearing both a bodysuit and thick socks, but we made her shoes fit!

spacer.png

  • Like 1

 

My Dollfie doll family December 2024 😊. Instagram: kawaiidolls.tv

Dollfie-Everybody-2024.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy.