The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

leitan

VMF50 & Angel Philia Discussion Thread (nsfw, doll nudity)

Lurks

Hello, all!

I'm new here, and I just purchased an Obitsu 50 body and an Angel Philia torso and bust not too long ago. They're not coming for a bit because, well, shipping's kinda slow with Covid-19 happening and all.

I just wanted to check in to ask how much of a difference there is in the soft body Angel Philia parts and the non-soft ones. From my research I understand that soft body parts are very flexible...so much so that stuffing the inside is needed to help keep its shape. I've heard that the non-soft parts don't need this, but does that mean there's no give at all to the material unless it's heated, or does it just take more force to flex at all? I just want to make sure of what to expect when my girl comes in, since she's got the non-soft parts.

Courtmom

@Lurks- Hi! I'm new too! So I have an AP with a soft body except the new thighs I got her. So yes, the soft vinyl is SO squishy!! Omg it's so satisfying to squish. But the thighs have no give. That said, I still had to stuff my new thighs to keep them from rattling around on the frame.

Courtmom

Does anyone know how SMD tea looks VS AP tan?

Syko

Long time lurker~ I'm trying to find an AP doll without the head. Is that even possible without going second hand/ doing splits? I've seen some on Faithz, but they all seem to be soldout (from last year). 

Testament

The only other  way is, like you said, buy the body-only option, but they sold out really quickly and rarely got a reissue.

So... second hand market or split is the only viable option to me.

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2

Courtmom

@Nyx Whitestar omg thank you so much!!! I was hoping they'd match a little better, but now I know! Better than spending a ton of $ to find out and be disappointed. Thanks again!

• Like 1

Syko
6 hours ago, Testament said:

The only other  way is, like you said, buy the body-only option, but they sold out really quickly and rarely got a reissue.

So... second hand market or split is the only viable option to me.

Bah. I figured :'< Thanks for the reply. 

Dollink

Hi :) is this possible to enter the lottery for a one selection with a proxy?

ParacosmDoll

Edited by ParacosmDoll
  • Like 3

Testament

She's lovely in her summer attire. Icecreaaaam :Q___

I'm now into organizing the bazilion dresses and accessories I've bought, so maybe I'll be able to do some photos to Marie.

Courtmom

Heeellp, what size shoes can AP heel feet wear? My options for this perfect pair of shoes are:

Inner Length 1/3: 8.5cm (actual usable length 7.5cm)

or

Inner Length 1/4: 6cm (actual usable length 5.5cm)

violette_22

Are the shoes with a closed toe? If so, you can stuff the toe and they might work.

I'm in the middle of moving, but, as I recall the AP feet are about 6.5cm, so the smaller size will be too little.

I had the same problem as the ideal shoes for an outfit were SD size. They had closed toes and a strap, so they fit with the toes stuffed. No one noticed until I pointed it out. Here are links to photos in case it helps you.

43119104495_e32954419e_b.jpgMonami in Code Noir

• Like 1

yukiningyouai

Has anyone seen the new kiara/ayaginu ver. 2 doll?  It looks pretty much like they altered the eyes and face a bit and put the H3 type bust on her.  Does anyone have the new version yet that can compare it with the first one?  What if any are the other differences.  Thank you.

AnjoRaivando

Howdy! My AP girl is so close to coming out of stain treatment, so I'm getting ready to start working on her. I've got an Obitsu 50-04 head for her, but other than DD heads, are there other head-hybrids that work with AP? I'd love to eventually have rotating heads for her, LOL.

(still need a neck peg though T-T)

Also curious about what body type the tattoo-body pieces are- at first I was going to scrub them and give her some custom tattoos, but after poking around I wondered if it would be nice to maybe trade with someone who wanted the tattoo parts. The only issue is that one of the thighs has what looks like burn marks that has yet to so much as lighten with stain treatment, and might need to either be sanded or painted over.

dBCnbs9.png 

Courtmom
5 hours ago, AnjoRaivando said:

other than DD heads, are there other head-hybrids that work with AP

(still need a neck peg though T-T)

Hiya! I have a SMD milk head on an AP body! Originally it was a DDS Momo, but I ended up switching some dolls around.

I used the DD to Obitsu adapter that can be found here:

https://dollfieproject.com/products/neck-adapter-for-dd-head-to-obitsu-50-body

• Like 1

Testament
21 hours ago, AnjoRaivando said:

Also curious about what body type the tattoo-body pieces are-

IIRC, the tattoo parts are C (tighs), C (bottom body), F (upper body).

I have a pair of obitsu 50-04 heads and I like them very much!

AnjoRaivando
1 hour ago, Testament said:

IIRC, the tattoo parts are C (tighs), C (bottom body), F (upper body).

I have a pair of obitsu 50-04 heads and I like them very much!

Thank you, that's super helpful! I just wish there were side-by-sides of all the pieces lol o.O 

Testament
6 hours ago, AnjoRaivando said:

Thank you, that's super helpful! I just wish there were side-by-sides of all the pieces lol o.O 

You're welcome.

Well, they're not side by side, but you can get an idea using the foto on FaithZ (no tattoo ver, but still C and F pieces):

http://faithz.com/option-parts-upper-torso-c-100_447_444.html?page=1&sort=2d

Edited by Testament
  • Like 1

violette_22

I'm interested to put some magnets in my AP doll's feet. However, I have no idea what or how the regular Obitsu dolls accommodate magnets. If anyone knows or has seen photos, I'd love to be pointed in the right direction so I can do this. Thanks so much in advance.

Testament

obt_55rp-m01ws-28.jpg

This is how it's done. The magnets go inside flat from the heel to the fingers.

Edited by Testament

K-2

Generally speaking, all Obitsu (AP, Azone, Visuadolls, etc.) flat feet come with magnets installed. To access the magnets, unscrew the small screw on the bottom of the heel. Then you should be able to remove the ankle joint by pulling it up and out of the foot. There is a ring with a tab that is attached (by friction) to the bottom of the ankle joint. The tab points into the foot so the ankle joint might needed to be angled slightly for removal.

Inside the foot you will find a small metal plate. The magnet is attached to the underside of that plate. You may need to heat the foot vinyl in order to remove the plate. These plates can be really jammed in there. Once the foot has softened, you can carefully pry the plate out with a flat jeweler’s screwdriver.

MagFeet02.jpg

The magnet is just stuck to the plate by magnetic attraction. The plate keeps the magnet in contact with the bottom of the foot so the feet are attracted through the soles of the feet, not the arches above. There appears to be a slight film of some sort of grease between the magnet and the plate. I’m not exactly sure what purpose it serves since those parts don’t move. It may be there as an isolator to keep the dissimilar metals of the plate and magnet from corroding.

The magnet itself is 5/8” long, 25/64” wide, and 15/64” high and magnetized through the up and down axis as it sits in the foot. I’m not sure what the pull strength of the magnet is, but a typical 50cm weighs about 630 to 660 grams (22-23.3 oz.). A pair of these magnets will usually hold a 50cm upside down, but not necessarily sideways from a metal surface. That would put the pull strength of each magnet at least in the 2-3 pound range.

Heel feet for Obitsus do not have magnets or the metal plate installed in them. This is probably because the only “flat” spot on the bottom of the feet that would be pointing straight down towards the floor would be the ball and toes area and there really isn’t enough room inside that area to have a magnet of any real size. Also the section of the foot where the magnet is normally located, the arch area, is lifted off of the floor in high heel shoes. In order for a magnet to pull from the arch area to the floor, a distance of approximately 2cm, it would have to be incredibly strong and be much too large to fit into the foot.

If you still wish to install magnets in heel feet, perhaps to increase stability when standing without heels on, it is still possible. Unscrew the foot screw and remove the ankle joint. Next apply a few drops of gel type super glue to the inside of the arch area and slip your magnet in place. When placing the magnet make sure it slides through the puddle of glue you have applied. You can use a second magnet on the outside of the foot to guide the interior magnet into place. Alternately you could put the magnet in place and pack the sides and top of the magnet with Blu-Tack or a similar material. Just be sure to leave the area around the heel screw hole clear for reinstallation of the ankle joint.

NOTE: Be very careful when reinstalling the screw in the bottom of the foot. Over tightening of the screw can cause the metal screw to strip out the softer plastic threads in the ankle joint.

Because of the interior shape of the vinyl I think it might be easiest to use a disk shaped magnet rather than a bar shaped magnet. Neodymium (rare earth) magnets can be found at K&J Magnetics. They carry a variety of sizes, shapes, and pull strengths and will sell them in any quantity so you don’t get stuck having to buy a pack of 50. I would recommend some of the disk shaped axially magnetized magnets of 3/8” diameter and ¼” thick. They have several with pull strengths ranging from about 7 to 8.5 pounds, at about $1 to $1.50 each.

A couple of those bad boys and you’ll never get your AP/Obi off of the fridge.

Check out their neodymium magnet safety page while you’re there.

https://www.kjmagnetics.com/

• Thanks 2

MVSig.jpg

F-15alice

ghghh.jpg

• Like 8

Welcome to my Instagram

7c5ecae5_34a2_4fec_a96f_db8c1b0054bb_by_saturnspace-dbd5hjw.jpg

Lunami Faceup for DD X3