The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

leitan

VMF50 & Angel Philia Discussion Thread (nsfw, doll nudity)

Testament

Well... your hands seems pretty full at the moment.

I suggest you to wait for now.

• Like 1

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2

OpaliteAlien

Just dropping back in with more newbie questions. 

Is there a video or forum discussing soft vs hard skin types and the pros/cons of each? I've never had vinyl, so I'm curious as to what it entails.

And do y'all have a preference for one over the other?

Tierparkzone
On 2/18/2020 at 8:35 AM, K-2 said:

AP body blushing isn't sealed so they stain like any other vinyl.

Unfortunately vinyl stain treatments don't recognize the difference between blushing or face ups or a stain. Since the blushing sits on top of the vinyl, while the stain will soak in through the blushing, the blushing will be "stain treated" first before the stain underneath it.

Thanks a lot for the info. Then I'll have take extra care, so stain treatment will hopefully never be necessary for Ellie.

On 2/16/2020 at 11:50 PM, Majikaru-Rin said:

@Tierparkzone Your Ellie looks so cute, I love that wig on her~! 

It actually took me quite a while of searching to find a wig for her. When I found this one at Mandarake it just clicked. It's not the style I originally intended for her but it fits her so well, I have no reason to change it anymore.

Testament
6 hours ago, OpaliteAlien said:

Just dropping back in with more newbie questions. 

Is there a video or forum discussing soft vs hard skin types and the pros/cons of each? I've never had vinyl, so I'm curious as to what it entails.

And do y'all have a preference for one over the other?

Maybe K-2 has posted something on the topic hard vs soft skin, but I don't remember where...

Now that I have an old hard VMF50 Risa and a new soft Pink Drops Marie I can toss my 2 cents...

I personally prefer the soft skin, for posability reasons. The squishy parts allow a more natural bending of the limbs, for almost 180° on the legs, and arms accomodates on the breasts, more beautiful to see. It's even easier to dress the doll...

On the Cons, soft skin tends to deform if the doll is forced in some poses for a long time or, for example, if you put her in her box, she tends to flat some area under her weight, like the thighs.

Nothing that 40 sec of hot air blowing can't resolve thanks to the memory shape of the vinyl parts. Or you can stuff her to prevent this entirely.

Someone says that soft vinyl is more prone to staining than hard vinyl, but I can't (and hopefully never have to) verify this.

Hard vinyl is... well, hard and limit some poses. In terms of assembly it's more difficult to put parts together or disassemble them, you must use hot hair to make things softer and slide skeleton parts in and out hard vinyl parts.

Maybe the only pro that I see, is that the hard v doesn't deform.

Let's wait for some more experienced opinions.

(and sorry for my english...)

• Like 1

monkeypizzasonic

https://buyee.jp/item/search/seller/tmdu0410

Almost had a panic attack until I got the page translated and realized they were mostly selling wigs and clothes. Anyway, is this person legit? I found the link on Instagram, looks like they have some heads up for sale as well.

yokha
46 minutes ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

Almost had a panic attack until I got the page translated and realized they were mostly selling wigs and clothes. Anyway, is this person legit? I found the link on Instagram, looks like they have some heads up for sale as well.

Ah haru, yes they sell legit AP accessories, if you dont mind dealing with scalper price, they have a lot of rare item that only available on AP private room, they known for attending the event and buy a lots of item, including one of a kind full doll and heads (basically AP common model that got special treatment like modding, OOAK clothing set and accessories, OOAK face up, etc), the thing is in the past they often uses other owner picture to sale their item without crediting the original picture owner, but yeah they are a legit seller that focusing on AP/vmf50 product.

And i see you found their insta as well, they often share their private room experience there.

nocturne
11 hours ago, monkeypizzasonic said:

Almost had a panic attack until I got the page translated and realized they wereHaruo4o1 mostly selling wigs and clothes. Anyway, is this person legit? I found the link on Instagram, looks like they have some heads up for sale as well.

If you look for Angel Philia stuff on Yahoo Japan Auction, about 90%+ of the items are offers by either tmdu0410 or Haruo4o1 .

As mentioned in the post before me, they do sell some rare stuff, but also some normal stuff ... and they always CAPITALIZE on the fact that Angel Philia is so bad at storing spare items.

If you absolutely want or need something you can go for it, but I would keep it at that - to illustrate I absolutely wanted a normal skin type J head, price by Angel Philia( if available) 3200yen, price asked that I payed at the time 10000yen, current price 15000yen ... and the head was available again at AP a few month later.

Testament
On 2/18/2020 at 10:23 PM, monkeypizzasonic said:

Back again with questions (because I apparently like making things needlessly complicated for myself); are there any other dolls using the Obitsu50 frame that come in the same shade of tan as angel philia's? I've decided my dream girl is a tan Egyptian-style AP with the type-B muscle build, but my options rn seem to be:

-  Buy one of the current tan girls available on FaithZ/Mandarake on the 48 frame, then get the b-parts which were made for the 50 frame, then mod them on somehow.

- Buy a normal Obitsu 50/vmf50 body and b-parts and blush the heck out of them until they're tan.

- Stalk Mandarake for tan vmf50 girls and hope no one buys them before I save up the money and that they have a head sculpt i like.

- Save up $600 really fast so i can buy the Miu currently on Mandarake before she's sold, blush her tan. 

- Wait for the right tan body and head to magically appear somewhere.

- Voodoo.

!!! 

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1087133007&ref=list&dispCount=240&categoryCode=020114&lang=en

I don't remember if Miki is a tan Miu, but if it is, you hit jackpot. 

Unused 50k yen

Edit: no ok, Miu is the tan one... But in the photo the one I linked seems tan color...  ?_? 

Edited by Testament

yokha

Hello i have new outfit set for sell 😊

• Like 3

K-2
On 2/20/2020 at 12:50 AM, Testament said:

Maybe K-2 has posted something on the topic hard vs soft skin, but I don't remember where...

I assume you when you say hard v. soft skin types you're referring to regular Obitsu vinyl v. the SoftSkin type of vinyl Obitsu makes for Angel Philia and RAP. Back when Vinosaurs roamed the earth and someone said hard v. soft vinyl they were referring to the harder vinyl Obitsu used for leg and arm parts versus the softer vinyl they used for busts and torsos.

Anyway if you're talking about SoftSkin I did a review of my first SoftSkin girl back in December 2016.

https://www.dolldreaming.com/topic/3536-vmf50-amp-angel-philia-discussion-thread-nsfw-doll-nudity/?do=findComment&comment=198305

As far as staining goes, I think they stain at about the same rate as SoftSkin appears to be just thinner vinyl, not a really different formulation. So far my SoftSkin girl

hasn't stained. That partially because she's not clothed most of the time. Don't want some tight waist or hem deforming a crease in her (which would probably come out with a hair dryer, but why go through the trouble?).

Edited by K-2
Can't spell for shut

MVSig.jpg

Testament

Now I understand why Risa's torso is softer than her legs but harder than softskin...

I wasn't there when Vinosaurs roamed the earth... I was in the PVC & Diecast nation.

Anyway that's exactly the topic I was (foggy) remembering about, with calipers measures etc.

Testament

Today I had some free time, so I finally take Marie out of her box for some photos (only 4 unfortunately).

Stuffing her thighs and her hip did its job, no flat-ass this time!

Here it is some recent (more or less) shopping I've done on Mandarake (as usual), put together.

I must tank @Corvus for sharing his experience about TcDoll dresses and measures.

Well... BLACK! I don't fear you! (don't stain, please T__T XD) (spoiler: no stains at all)

YADSlIBJFHX7C5yo58Z5C8j4wyHrjIKi6Gkrb8FPBrUXg2O1cm8ZMm8j0KZj7TWjk6lvJMOnSX5mdVqxiT-gV0Wx1zrdl8DSYF0nPARuYk4wppkT94nPr4jpi3BpOazMC0_uNFJoF5dX287xvCZrCOqFN_Tuj_Sd1ZZGgiPO615NbK5-37IoM_b9wCKi3a8gYUievaM3FI7rMxV8Y44aIYVXkK63CXLkLAN0Z-9Zu89EAok4F9uost189FH-1TZqCpzHD_64huQIxbKBL3wGOTf8Yo4Sfqp3jxuU57-1NkPOgDr5yrG7vTjTtrVAm20DYMib54djBrQ9OOSvX9wkDKmfJECWEH57UefDgXjRvEqtIoq96-cF2Dv0vUTjUieTsao68JnJ7EXlVN0Ql23t5vQT9R3QPkTFoElm4YjxrN6QUn9sW8gMbBurAgU6e0FpMwfANpkPqQv0RmJzqjGMpcSv2QcRo-S5F3nzauQ3HXnUAu9NeQQ5K6xKQPiATi8iEtkyCQLfL5sHx4Gw-Mq3xxbqGRL92zA4Eno1veZz4_szOGdp5eCHaGHVOjj8KRZkC7aqtaXojKEh6cgdh40oV__ijDvK_3IEG3LDIu-4XhXAZGBlgCw9Ske2_J9M87afTpuewjbCFnT_Ix82Drf-wyfUORqElucR9iSL9vJTtzjU6jVo6Sxa1hP2UPdkO1uI-s_4E2dn7cGI9nUHMV5sZ2fCtQR2qBDtnqN37k4CSEBGCt8=w0-h0-noo2h4IivPQpDlgxm9gkVu9nYf0Z5KTPZ7Wp3l8AITIvKWdC_rNnWAvS4-N_Ce6YlrQHyFS3xTiDUbQAgOlKxJ08TZj-QFxG5zo6z6T7BZ5D3Lm2fQB5pPU26n_pvd5_VTmtl92ZYF8BOnO4cLO3xPL9jamZdqRcN4R18C7hW3UqKp5bK1wjwuscgyWt_CFglh44XC6omRvSCC7s7oLOF_oD9yJpkSy8FP_css87-nAkNgDWaBT5lG0K_P2_b9LMgm8_qKXe6aXYeoJm4mJxOg90aYoV0Xp9BhFou0wjwa3zV4G1dek8CxSvGAZWoJ9UPL3wnEAJJFO5Fq83C5zr2y51ZGn4JWewjkFQ-azW0vWSSFFXICTMb8KYFSsXy6N6tpkvyGq5dcuN8lLEc3rHUK_co8CapUwGzvoLZQBrSL6O0hXTxBl3NNL4q2fQEBNokZGcCM2_d01-ku6rjAkokUo0p2PnggAHfZOi1bvN_xnKh4sfv90LKzADoqTBGFL4v1b6IZ7uQ3eF6Jam8-uAn72QqrNogFAFyJfIhokUbaO0nUH6chzAPkkMDCgt4ZyizKeDFC9yOLI8Co5JLoRa1vtSEeDXS3SfXn_QFJrSUN1Ku32OWSw7KoBuf4JQquYynkNVgBcOkITRwhncKcSCMNln9-lZfzUZJbbcg2nIJheIM5bTy9DHY8WXHDf6lyTM_oGFw1p8itZivtEH6mFz2I8KtD0Mjtq8W6QZKkcjImAopzLwA=w0-h0-no

xu9L-7quu2-Oxh3ORjAqTZEwTyaBs3Yr2zqP3sM-WnRyr0Oln_lFLxi0Q7YNyyBisa3YqkAI_0GiStr2n3W_mM2g5eNiyhR97L0xzqzui39UCucKmTB_sAIPb7NXfgw7W8vEhjaRBtNYilN1ZleamsDfvdK4yBNtD1DJIJDFkSl45QvGToAbDhod9T3182zqRoVNDJC25kEY_1x3aPHTfOvCIgJxTDFOZmptIn0u_k-sFaLt80BBHzyNd7DnIf9NWKZkT-4y-Yhc7JOZPU1G9UYqwZblacQ09HzDAyBMtvjGL2iES9cR0mktDgJlu-cNIsfMyOwCBigU7g2fZH0ORxkA9yJnS9peKC_P4mNz5zGEoGCMAxWHoyfj2eo0X3z9JsKnMd_mc40hb_HF4-UtBq0AQ-TAcZEyD9R61GfSTTFNotadEAELgIe-r45BoQkZCDZNjeW69fLTAv0KxLQscLYze933fSeqR_QCOAF53Y9LO0Nif3lfCzSl1ZuKmprXPBAnsJF9LL19Ojvqf5RIH6_DQH1DMbCmrAGGH98i3McmntKYpKCs-FLWEiZMf-9_TImOkxdGV7a7fJJxeS_1CqSSTXDXytU3blRRX4KTGwrCcDy02CFhrvbQzUQF3ml7bnFFzCoC4esRBRGzW6kenYegOPH4jZ41KHhZwChqay7gAaF2aNbsBVBnYx5edXDNm9ZHVVNrLZDkevLu1ilzRZjs1ssETujVkITGMJlAoLMr3js=w0-h0-noq8-XQHrXLa9IXf_IGxztOEu74_DqhIZ25zKQ7qiKvdubnLcTDhaAX7-3cbtHzx27wApu4OxDTLqtoqOZSEGZdukuKpBGJ3cJByi_PLHPX8DulgiLwSq4FHozpBtTyZs6YQKyuaOI-dKazf7qiVlM8IBwrYyLWSgF3t7Mhlgg1wXi_0a-OPUggUswPEm71nZvbk09Lw8LzByeF68P27wimT09yXTJQvu-jaRtV3Y-RKf4BVX1lOPtQgTF_oqReMvSPjjeAK4FpvdmSFOSJAu0ONBFX081YFLicJxIBGmoBfC_is035DPzEXJPYVi8o-lRYYqhmduA9bg9CGgmddj3RG2Ysy8753ABBdgISfULdan3gUxeOmbT313AWg7NXrOJl_W6Z9yObjtLMCshpRBpe3cajpCx_0ldeLv2_sTNg6m9iCV3JOJAl1utXYCoMNAptd06eXoKnpbOCCvlA6vMpWet01m7NeNZd1TcjOb_v40s16cz3d75I_nG54NEbyivAe733bL1f3O7QmDfArx9S-D8VZ9nBjm9jVsdxKqLtPi-DFyo5LgnYSJp9NOi_tAPEf0Vz8153nxK0_uMQq9HeXG2xpNb26goS2pENFRj0yGTpKmD95oysxmK4JYzyVn21AD9oWen2s2IgLd-cD3YMYPnWiQHSDk-OBN9i6497zTZb9KfbKRXFaKdX86QJCwEfwUgAR5-c27GWKSlPgKizL42QfqhNkLzSuNveOIuqd8tzN4=w0-h0-no

Wig:  Hyacinth (M) Natural Black - MSD size (LITTLE MONICA)

Dress and accessories: Low-Rise Low-Leg Set (Black) - DD/DDS (S / M / L) / Smart Doll (S/L) size (TcDoll), Enamel Coat Black - VMF50 size (TcDoll), Girl*holic enamel short heel boots black - VMF50 size (YAMATO), Sharp Horn - White (LEEKE WORLD), Angel Wings Optional parts TD-17 Black - SD size (Volks)

Luckily, even if the dress was intended for DDS/SmD, her big measures make up for the size differences.

The kneesocks ends very high on the legs and I'd to roll up the sleeves, but I'm happy with the results.

The top on Rikasa is very loose, but with Marie's H5 it's a whole other story.

Hope you like it! Maybe I must open a topic for my girls...

• Like 2

baldylox

WOW.  Your lady in black is a STUNNER!  So very sexy and sassy!  <3<3<3 

Billy

• Like 1

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

K-2

Excellent use of the option tongue.

• Like 1

MVSig.jpg

ParacosmDoll

Edited by ParacosmDoll
  • Like 2

Testament

Lovely Ai <3

C3 is one of my favorite bust. 

I have so much to try on Marie and her sisters and so little time to arrange a photoset... 

• Like 1

ParacosmDoll

Edited by ParacosmDoll

ParacosmDoll

Edited by ParacosmDoll
  • Like 3

Zaliayn

My custom type-H girl (and first AP doll) that I haven't quite finished painting yet - I'm still trying to decide what else to add to her faceup atm 🤔

49695278673_57945ab58f_c.jpg

• Like 5

Zaliayn
11 hours ago, Cauldroness said:

ooooooh I love your face-up style! it's so romantic!

Ah thank you! 🥰

myownlittleworld

Hi All, I haven’t had a lot of time to forum until this coronavirus nightmare. I made some new dresses and got the girls out for some pics. Is everyone safe and doing good right now?? 

49709550753_4d8b8a14d4_c.jpgUntitled by My Own Little World, on Flickr

49709555218_c4350b30ae_c.jpgUntitled by My Own Little World, on Flickr

49710085371_b49389cc22_c.jpgUntitled by My Own Little World, on Flickr

Edited by myownlittleworld
  • Like 4

F-15alice

Haven't took any pic of lord Megatron for a bit 

She has C2 bust and is wearing DD M bust outfit 

DSC_5579.jpg

• Like 3

Welcome to my Instagram

7c5ecae5_34a2_4fec_a96f_db8c1b0054bb_by_saturnspace-dbd5hjw.jpg

Lunami Faceup for DD X3

Cauldroness

The soft white details in her eye make-up are simply divine. Beautiful girl!

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram