The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

leitan

VMF50 & Angel Philia Discussion Thread (nsfw, doll nudity)

Amara77
Couple pics of my girls. Specifically Kokoa being bullied into a halloween costume by Rin and Ran.

Not fair! Where are Rin and Ran's costumes?

Lol! I'm neglectful, the only one who doesn't want to wear one, ends up in it! If I start now I may have some costumes ready for them by halloween 2019!

Ain't that the truth!

I would love to see all the ghouls in costume but Kokoa is pretty cute so it shall suffice....until 2019 then I want to see them ALL dressed up

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

Corvus

Wow - you're really good, and yer gurlz are lovely. I particularly like the 'twins' and their clever pose.

K-2
Saw my camera gear collecting dust and thought it was about time to take some photos

And we are all glad you did.

That first image is outstanding!

MVSig.jpg

Testament

Hi!

I'm from Italy and in the past months Angel Philia dolls slowly conquer my heart.

I'm a Mandarake buyer since many years and I've seen these beauties very often around, but I'm a collector of other type of models (PVC scale and robots), so I've never thought that I may be interested in dolls, but 6 months ago the idea born into my mind and the "affordability" of AP and Pink Drops vs the common DD prices made the thing doable. Also the look.

They're not everyones cup of tea but if you give them a chance they grow into you.

I feel a little guilty about signing in a Dollfie Dream forum, that in the rules state "DD only", almost exclusively for this topic...

But THIS very topic was a great source of info in my journey to learn all about VMF50/Angel Philia/Pink Drop before go for one.

I took my time and read all the 166 pages day by day and I must thank expecially Ieitan and K-2 for providing so much useful info about this brand.

I've enjoyed user's beautiful photos and experiments and learned a lot.

Thank you guys.

I've still some questions thought, but everything at the right time.

(and sorry for my bad english ._.)

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2

K-2

I initially joined this forum for this topic as well. Now I also come here for the Smart Dolls.

(And baldy's DD flock)

MVSig.jpg

baldylox
Now I also come here for the Smart Dolls.(And baldy's DD flock)

Ha ha ha! I shall take that compliment! Thanks man, I sure appreciate that. And I'm glad you're here too because you're a wealth of AP/VMF/Obitsu knowledge.... far more than I could hope to have. That and your Smartdoll girls are just the best! I simply adore reading your stories about them.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Testament

I need advice regarding eyes.

How do you pose the eyes/what do you use to move them?

My girl here has 12mm eye sockets and it's difficult for me to reach them for posing.

I love to change their position often for photos etc, and I'm thankful that the eyes are in dedicated sockets and not to be fixed with putty and other means I personally dislike. But still...

I must heat the socket? Use something like a chopstick? I don't want permanent mod on my AP, so cutting is not an option.

How do you even remove them? I found a 14mm eye I like, but I don't know if it would fit, so I'm waiting for buying. Do you have any suggestion/first hand experience?

For how expensive the doll world is, I think it's very strange that the producers didn't come out with a more pratical solution and a mechanism for eyes movements like many others scale models have like SFBT-3, Chogokin Hoihoi-san/Combat-san and even the Revoltech Woody (the pervert XD).

Thanks in advance.

Bellatrix
I need advice regarding eyes.

How do you pose the eyes/what do you use to move them?

My girl here has 12mm eye sockets and it's difficult for me to reach them for posing.

I love to change their position often for photos etc, and I'm thankful that the eyes are in dedicated sockets and not to be fixed with putty and other means I personally dislike. But still...

I must heat the socket? Use something like a chopstick? I don't want permanent mod on my AP, so cutting is not an option.

How do you even remove them? I found a 14mm eye I like, but I don't know if it would fit, so I'm waiting for buying. Do you have any suggestion/first hand experience?

For how expensive the doll world is, I think it's very strange that the producers didn't come out with a more pratical solution and a mechanism for eyes movements like many others scale models have like SFBT-3, Chogokin Hoihoi-san/Combat-san and even the Revoltech Woody (the pervert XD).

Thanks in advance.

I second this issue! I usually push them in with a rubber pencil :-/

df64a03a777dc9f9a060ef6b286773b3-1.gif    ✩ 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁 ✩

Innocentsake

XOHimitsuXO Those pictures of your girls look so wonderful. Of course my favorite is Nendo Nozomi creeping up on one of them

I found a box opening for Emma on YouTube:

It made me even more excited for mine to arrive. Haven't gotten a shipping notification yet, but I'm looking out for it

Testament

Waiting for reply on the eyes question...

aside from the eyes...

The wigs used in the stock photos have a brand? I really like them and I would like to buy one or two of them.

For now I've bought Himekazura's wigs from Mandarake and I'm pretty satisfied, but to know where to find the stock ones will be great (I've seen them, or at least this is stated, on Yahoo Auction Japan, but I would prefer some real shop to buy from without proxy).

Thanks!!

Innocentsake

I thought I was ready to remove an Angel Philia's head off their body. I read and watched everything I could to be prepared... and I failed Her head came off of the neck piece when I gripped it to twist and pull like in K-2's tutorial. So the neck piece is still on her body and it is so many hours later and I have not been able to get it off...

Edit: I finally got it off! Ah... Now I have to rest for a bit after that struggle then I can go and play with Emma haha.

Testament

I know that feel...

Sometimes you pull the head and everything come along just fine.

Sometimes you struggle and pull and rotate and fight and the neck joint simply don't want to give up while the spring concede you some mm.

Btw... I can't believe that the moment I finally sign up to discuss about AP/PD and ask about my concerns, this topic go silent XD

K-2, help!

Innocentsake

Testament Glad to know I am not alone in this haha. When people did it in videos it looked so easy so I was so frustrated

Heat would definitely help to get the eyes in & out of the sockets easier. As for changing the position of the eyes when you want to change their direction it would be easier if the sockets were removed, but since you want to stay away from modding I'm not sure.

Maybe post a link to the eyes you're thinking about buying to see if anyone else has gotten them for their AP girls. A long shot but you never know.

And the wig Emma is pictured with is from Angel Philia, but you could probably find a very similar wig elsewhere. I think it's their own brand. K-2 will know more for certain~

K-2
I thought I was ready to remove an Angel Philia's head off their body. I read and watched everything I could to be prepared... and I failed Her head came off of the neck piece when I gripped it to twist and pull like in K-2's tutorial. So the neck piece is still on her body and it is so many hours later and I have not been able to get it off...

Edit: I finally got it off! Ah... Now I have to rest for a bit after that struggle then I can go and play with Emma haha.

If her head is still off check for untrimmed flash on the neck peg on the top of the skeleton.

Or you got a skeleton with an unusually tight fit. Parts can change in size ever so slightly over time. The many heating and cooling cycles of the molds can cause them to deform so that a 10 year old part may not be the exact same size (as measured with a digital caliper) as the one you just bought.

Or she came from the factory with the head not entirely installed on the neck piece (I've had a couple of those).

Or you need to grip the head a little tighter when removing.

There are just some parts/procedures that you think to yourself, "Surely if I squeeze/push/pull any harder this part will break!" (Like reinstalling legs into hip joints). I've only had one part break on me during removal and that was a wrist joint. The part that goes in the hand snapped off from the ball. I probably twisted it too much. I don't do that any more. One wrist joint for each hand and I pull the wrist joint out of the arm.

Heat would definitely help to get the eyes in & out of the sockets easier. As for changing the position of the eyes when you want to change their direction it would be easier if the sockets were removed, but since you want to stay away from modding I'm not sure.

Some have found that a snip or two to the eyepocket can relieve a bit of the pressure and make moving eyes easier. This is similar to what DD folks do to some inner rims of their older stiffer head caps to make removal easier.

And the wig Emma is pictured with is from Angel Philia, but you could probably find a very similar wig elsewhere. I think it's their own brand. K-2 will know more for certain~

Back in the VMF50 days Yamato got some of their wigs from Obitsu and Mandarake (with Mandarake tags in them). Later they had some wigs made by Dollce.

http://doll.shop-pro.jp/

It's been a long time since I purchased a wig from AP, so I don't know where they get their wigs now.

MVSig.jpg

Innocentsake

K-2 Yeah it was definitely an unusually tight fit for sure. But I did eventually get that darn neck piece off after all the struggle. I just sanded the inside of the neck piece a bit and put a tiny drop of all purpose oil inside the neck joint with a cu-tip. And now it comes off nicely with no struggle

And as always you are a fountain of information and I appreciate all that I can learn from you. I am in love with Emma and have been enjoying playing with her today.

Testament

The eyes I was uncertain of are these:

ebay.it/itm/Dollmore-acrylic-eyes-14mm-Specials-Mono-Eyes-MO11/312109804862?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

(Since I can't post Internet addresses, you must complete it with the www)

But this model is only 14mm and not 12mm like my AP is compatible with.

So... there's no way to move the position of the eyes or removing/changing them safely without cutting something?

Sigh. I really don't want to risk to ruin a head that costs alone half the doll herself (and that are almost unavailable everywhere).

K-2

You might be able to squeeze 14mm eyes into the 12mm eyepockets by snipping the sides of the eyepocket, kind of like flower petals. But chances are the eyes still wouldn't go far enough forward giving the eyes a real shrunken in look. You could get the 14mms to fit by removing the eyepockets entirely, but that can be a real chore and I wouldn't recommend it if you are uncomfortable with performing that sort of modification.

Perhaps when you are searching for eyes, narrow your search to 12mm only so you don't get tempted with what won't fit.

Keep searching, there's tons of stuff out there!

MVSig.jpg

Amara77
The eyes I was uncertain of are these:

ebay.it/itm/Dollmore-acrylic-eyes-14mm-Specials-Mono-Eyes-MO11/312109804862?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

(Since I can't post Internet addresses, you must complete it with the www)

But this model is only 14mm and not 12mm like my AP is compatible with.

So... there's no way to move the position of the eyes or removing/changing them safely without cutting something?

Sigh. I really don't want to risk to ruin a head that costs alone half the doll herself (and that are almost unavailable everywhere).

Which head do you have?

*Sometimes the eye ball itself is basically the same size it's just the pupil and color that are wider/smaller depending.

Snipping the eye pockets isn't really something that will de-value, it would make it much easier to get the eyes in the right position.

I mean I know some people want absolutely pristine dolls, but if you're not really happy what's the point?

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

Testament

Really thanks for the info.

I have PD #39 Marie, Head: Type-O, (Ire-me type/12mm with face-up).

I'll stick with 12mm then, no problem.

For the cutting, I'm aware that a good lateral cut can simplify the task, I also have a pair of Obitsu50 heads and one has side cuts and the other have the pockets entirely removed.

Anyway it's not a matter of devaluing the doll, in my collector "career" I've never sold a piece of my collection, it's something more... psychological.

I can't stand permanent and not reversible modding, probably if I have a spare head I'll feel more comfortable, but it's so difficult to find heads...

Well, maybe thinking about it will convince me to do the surgery for a better and more viable way of posing eyes.

Even removing them require to cut the eyepockets?

It would be interesting if there was a magnetic ring around the eye orbit for attaching metal eyes...

Well, I hope to post some photos in the future. Today I've received by the mailwoman an obitsu50 katana and a china dress.

Corvus

Not much photo action here of late. C'mon guys, post 'em if ya got 'em. I wanna see some AP gurlz!

Here's Eri -

45944486072_e21e1601e9_c.jpg

Testament

Lovely Eri . She has one of my favorite face ever.

Well, when I'll reach the necessary post count I'll post some Marie's photos. I've spent half the day yesterday with her and my camera for review sake.

Edit: Oh, about the hairpin, how long is it?

I've fount these:

ebay.it/itm/Dollmore-BJD-NEW-SD-Nemonan-HairPin-Blue-2/312113364079?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

(add www as usual) they're 2cm x 0.6 cm and I don't know if they're too long for an AP.