The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

leitan

VMF50 & Angel Philia Discussion Thread (nsfw, doll nudity)

Innocentsake

Alrighty so I tried to put on the heel feet for the first them yesterday. I did heat them up until they were quite soft, but the tabs on the inside of the ankle made it hard to get them on. When I did get them on I found it very hard to line up the hole at the bottom of the foot with the ankle joint in order to get the screw back in. So I come here for some tips from the pros 🙂 Until then I think I'm going to wait till I can get some spare ankles and attach em to those~

Testament

Uhm. My Marie, that come with heel feet by default, has those tabs removed by factory. They're both cut. And she was new, not second hand, so maybe with heel feet its better to remove the tabs. Dunno.

• Like 1

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2

Corvus
On 6/8/2019 at 3:22 PM, Testament said:

Uhm. My Marie, that come with heel feet by default, has those tabs removed by factory. They're both cut. And she was new, not second hand, so maybe with heel feet its better to remove the tabs. Dunno.

Same with my Marina. The ankle tabs were cut from the factory.

I've replaced several flat feet with heel feet and cutting the tab in half works for me (I also file the sharp corners off). I think the feet flop around too much without the ankle tab.

Discovering the right angle for the heel foot replacement screw is frustrating at first. The trick is to angle the screw point toward the back of the ankle. It also helps to have a tight fit between the screw and the screwdriver. A precision #1 JIS (Japanese Industrial Standard) bit is perfect for the job

• Like 1

Innocentsake

Thanks @Testament and @Corvus for your replies! Yeah I was hoping I could get away with not having to cut the tabs off if I could help it since I don't want the feet to be floppy when changing back to flat feet. I think I'll stick to my plan of getting extra ankles to use for the heel feet. But good to know about the angle and screwdriver!

K-2

She wanted red heels.

RedShoe02.jpg

RedShoe01.jpg

• Like 4

MVSig.jpg

Testament

@onion8@

Long time no see your APs.

Corvus

She looks great, K-2! Reminds me of a classic Vargas pin up girl.

baldylox

Hubba Hubba!  Heels or not she looks amazing!  <3  She's super photogenic, I recall her burning it up at the Ikea store in Atlanta a few years ago.  Man that was a fun trip.  :)

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

nocturne

Looks like she got what she wanted ... not that I am surprised. 😉

Thanks for the nice pictures, this fantastic thread surely could use more frequent pics.

Corvus

I haven't posted a pic in a while. Here's Sayo, Marina and Ran doing...whatever it is that gurlz do.

48113852742_86f91688f7_c.jpg

• Like 2

Testament

Gurlz stuff. Lovely.

K-2
4 hours ago, Corvus said:

Here's Sayo, Marina and Ran doing...whatever it is that gurlz do.

Probably watching the FIFA Women's World Cup.

Or Lewis Hamilton killing it at the Pirelli Grand Prix de France.

MVSig.jpg

K-2

Camo01.jpg

Camo02.jpg

Camo03.jpg

• Like 2

MVSig.jpg

Meghan-chan

Howdy!! I’m working on getting my first angel philia and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if a C lower torso would work with H bust and H thighs? If so does anyone have any pictures?

Also, since I don’t know much about AP I was wondering if DD hands work on the AP frame?

Edited by Meghan-chan

At home:

Miniko ~ DDdy Miko

Mayuki ~ DDS Mayu

Mizuki ~ SQ Lab/MDD hybrid

Waiting on: None

LOOKING FOR:​ MDD Ratwuni/Latune (Purple hair and dress)

nocturne

As I understand it you want to build your Angel ... Philia ... yourself, i.e. by modifying an existing one in order to achieve the H-C-H bust-hip-thigh combo you desire.

What I can tell you is that only official doll with any H type bust on a C type hip is RAP Pink Drops #4 Sayuri with a H2-C-C build to begin with.

The C and H type thighs are replacements of each other, just the H type looking thicker so yes it would work.

The other alternative would be to start with a H-H-H base combo as multiple dolls have that, however it would mean you would have to replace the hip skin, certainly doable but a lot more stressful - K2 has a tutorial about doing so I think.

I hope this helps a bit, if you desire a particular head type as well or have other questions I'll try to answer those as well.

I guess you will also get more ideas from others anyway as I've learned heaps from all the information others have provided in this thread,

All the best.

p.S. : I do not recall where I may have seen a thread about DD hands on Obitsu's at the moment, but I think there was one somewhere around here.

Edited by nocturne
minor correction, detail and p.S. section

K-2
14 hours ago, Meghan-chan said:

Howdy!! I’m working on getting my first angel philia and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if a C lower torso would work with H bust and H thighs? If so does anyone have any pictures?

The H/C/H combo will mechanically work but the transition from the narrower C torso hip area to the wider H thighs might look a little weird (depending on your tastes). The busts mostly fit fine. Sometimes you have to "fold" the skin in the center back of the torso a little in order to fit it in the bust, but that can even happen with some H bust/H torso pairings.

Also, since I don’t know much about AP I was wondering if

DD hands work on the AP frame?

You would be putting SD sized hands on a MSD sized body. The DD hands will be big, but again it all is up to your personal tastes. Mechanically the part of the AP wrist that goes into the hand is much smaller than those on a DD. You would have to pad/fill the inside of the DD hand to keep it from falling off. Also the place where the hand is cut can vary on different hand styles so those opening sizes can vary quite a bit. This can make the wrist ball to hand transition awkward on some hands. Some DD hand holes are nearly large enough to engulf the AP wrist ball.

There are a total of 7 different hands available for the 48/50cm AP body, the stock pair that comes on the body and 2 sets with three different pairs each. These AP hand sets retail for 4200yen, which compares favorably to a single DD pair at 2150yen.

• Like 1

MVSig.jpg

Testament
On 7/12/2019 at 8:11 PM, Meghan-chan said:

Example Photo:

RAP Pink Drops #44 YURINO

Body: Upper Torso/Type-H2(Soft Skin), Lower Torso/Type-C2(Soft Skin), Thigh/Type-H(Soft Skin)

AP000071_001_01.jpg

RAP Pink Drops #4 SAYURI

Body: Upper Torso/Type-H2, Lower Torso/Type-C, Thigh・Shin/Type-C

AP000008_001_01.jpg
  • Like 1

Testament

7 hours ago, nocturne said:

@Testament Brilliant find that #44 - I totally overlooked that one ! And with the pictures that should help @Meghan-chan quite a lot.

Thanks. I passed every entry on FaithZ under X-ray XD

C2 hip, torsion aside, should be the same as a C hip I hope.

• Like 1

yukiningyouai

So I finally got Kiara stuffed and fixed the wig so it stays on.  The hot dryer trick worked like a charm.  I decided to make my own clothes for kiara (who I call Sayaka), but I can't for the life of me figure out the measuring science.  I have a pdf pattern that seems to fit everywhere but the bust.  I measured how much I need to increase the bust by actually fitting the semi finished thing on her, but when I actually try and increase the bust size on a grid pattern it increases everywhere else as well.  Can someone who sews please help?

Tira
On 7/22/2019 at 8:44 PM, yukiningyouai said:

So I finally got Kiara stuffed and fixed the wig so it stays on.  The hot dryer trick worked like a charm.  I decided to make my own clothes for kiara (who I call Sayaka), but I can't for the life of me figure out the measuring science.  I have a pdf pattern that seems to fit everywhere but the bust.  I measured how much I need to increase the bust by actually fitting the semi finished thing on her, but when I actually try and increase the bust size on a grid pattern it increases everywhere else as well.  Can someone who sews please help?

I don't sew enough to give personal advice, but this tutorial for human patterns might be helpful.  Basically, you can't just adjust the size on a grid; you need to cut up the pattern in order to add extra size just across the bust.

nocturne

Kindly forgive the clueless photographer, but I thought this thread could use another picture.

SAM_0604.jpg

• Like 1

akaisha0

Hey guys. Newbie here. Similar question to what's been asked above..I'm getting an Emma soon which has an H lower torso in soft skin. I'm madly in love with the C2 and G uppers but soft skin isn't available for sale anywhere I can find in these. I've noticed the soft skin versions of these uppers mention being compatible with everything but the non-soft-skin versions are specific only to the matching torso. If I wanted to put a G or C2 non-soft-skin upper on an H soft skin lower..any chances that will be a big issue? A little bit of back folding to fit the H into either of these uppers isn't a big deal I just wasn't sure how stark a different the sizing is. Thanks for any advice!

Boiling that down. Would a G or C2 non-soft-skin Upper Torso fit an H soft skin lower torso? 

Edited by akaisha0

K-2
2 hours ago, akaisha0 said:

Boiling that down. Would a G or C2 non-soft-skin Upper Torso fit an H soft skin lower torso? 

In a nutshell, yes SoftSkin and standard skins are (should be) entirely compatible.

I don't have all these parts so I can't test ever type of part combination, but they should work fine together. The only real difference between the two types of skins seems to be their thickness.

005.jpg

In this picture we have the Soft Skin part on the left and a regular Type H abdomen. The difference in wall thickness is about .8mm, not even one millimeter.

As far as I can tell the vinyl formulation seems to be the same. They way the skin parts "attach" to the skeleton is not affected by the variation in skin thickness and the two types use identical skeletons. So combo-away!

Also, you might try stalking Yahoo Japan Auctions for these parts. Busts and torsos are frequently up for auction there, however you might have to pay a bit more than the list price of 4200yen. Or you can stalk the AP site for restocks. Just watch out for the different skin colors.

• Thanks 1

MVSig.jpg

Corvus

I have two girls with C2 busts coupled with H lower torsos, all soft-skin except one of the lowers. I've found that the C2 bust tends to squeeze the waists into a slightly exaggerated hourglass shape. It's not bad at all, but not as natural looking as the H/H combo. I get around this by arching the back slightly, which widens the waist a bit, making the overall figure look more balanced. I haven't tried a soft H lower with a regular C2 upper, but I'd expect that combo to further exaggerate the narrowness of the waist area.

Normal posture (all soft-skin):

48475543847_20e810517f_c.jpg

Arched back:

48475543732_4b1b4f1d81_c.jpg

Edited to add: Another side effect of putting a C2 bust on a soft-skin H lower torso is that the upper butt/ lower back tends to become slightly concave, but stuffing a small block of relatively firm foam into that area fixes it right up. I found the foam more effective in this application than cotton batting, which tends to spread out to the sides over time, whereas the foam block stays centered over the spine and maintains its thickness under pressure.

Here's an H lower with a G bust, both soft (older type E thighs). It also squeezes the waist but not as much. I've found that the wall thickness tends to vary between parts of the same type, so some are noticeably tighter than others.

48475884792_f5b6bfcc2d_c.jpg

Edited by Corvus
  • Like 1