Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

eroge-maid

why do YOU like DD?

Nekopon

I don't love all DDs, I love some DDs.

My love is usually accurate, love-at-first-sight or none at all.

If it makes me want to squeal, I know I've fallen in love.

I want to wake up every morning to a bunch of squeal-worthy girls that I love.

It's just a feeling and it's simple enough for me.

kitsykat

I started collecting and photographing nendoroids and figmas. When I started seeing photos of Dollfie Dreams, I really wanted to get one, even though the price was high. Ari was (and still is!) worth every penny! DDs are so cute and pretty and versatile. You can customize them and they just have something small figures don't, maybe more personality? I love changing Ari's wig and clothes to see how she looks in different styles!

chailatte
I like DDs because of how stylized they are. I love seeing anime characters come to life!

I was going to type up a long reply, but Sakuraryoko summed it up perfectly!

I also like that they're lighter than resin girls and pose wonderfully! Their balance too, I've never had a doll that will balance so nicely, even in heels!

smallricochet

I can't say for sure until I get SD size but DDs seem lighter and less finicky.

DivinitaAria
I can't say for sure until I get SD size but DDs seem lighter and less finicky.

Yes!! One reason I can't bond with BJDs is that...my SD is so clunky and like a brick!!

Also, I thought of something else I love about Dollfie Dreams.

One thing that I find some resin companies lack that DDs excel in is that not only are DD heads really great and attractive, but the bodies are as well. They have this definition that goes well with their face. I love a lot of resin heads, but the company bodies that go with them are just..so not well thought out.

I love DD hands, so dainty with the perfect amount of detail. Same goes with the stomach area

Rise- DD Rise | Mariska? - DD01 |Momo/Momoko - DD MOMO | Nayuki - DD Mikuru | Shiori???? - DD Kos Mos

Wishlist:MDD Louise, DD Rise, MDD Maria

moonfaery

I love the anime style! They are just so cute and really versatile! And yes, they are less heavy than resin, which is always a good thing lol. XD

Hubby & mine's Girls: Kana (Saber Extra), Serena (Momo), Taki (Cirno), Allora (06), Mizuki (Nanami)

Minnake

I'm same as everyone else, because of their anime style. (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

I like BJD too, but they are more realistic and such. I have tried to choose my BJD's so that they are less realistic and I tend to choose molds with big eyes, so maybe DD would suit me well. x)

Also their size interests me much. At the moment my biggest doll is MSD size, so I'm a bit looking forward to have a bigger one in the house. And I'm not planning to get any SD size BJD, so the size would separate my future DD from the BJD's I have.

It's also good that they can be customized quite well too. Maybe not in as much variety as BJD, but totally more than Blythe or Pullip. :D (I have Pullip too, so no offence in any way!)

ArcticKitsune

I'd have to say for the smiles, elegance, and customization. Those three are the biggest things that allowed me to get into the Dollfie world. Able to create my happy fox mascot (Varakitsu) almost on a whim

I get a bit weirded or creeped out with the little dolls and the male BJD that other doll owners have. They have this gothic, punky, nightmarish vibe & fashion to them that just puts me off. Not saying they're bad, or read as an insult. They're just....not so photgenic I guess. They're nice in their own unique way, just not in my taste. Not sure how to word it.

Dollfies has a large enough following that you can customize your doll into whatever character you want or to wear whatever you want them to wear. Almost on a whim at that. Because of such, you have people like Haku, Danny Choo, and Animagic4u (to name a few) bring out the beautiful elegant side of Dollfies. Looking at the Dollfie Dream Flickr group shows what I'm trying to say. They have this nice beauty to them, the nice proportioned curves and detailing. A nice balance and harmony that just makes them quite photogenic and lovable. Also have to hype up the joints and articulation, similar to Konami's Busou Shinki line, ones that are lacking on the Figma line.

If you don't like something you can just swap parts for something more appropriate, or more ecchi. I'm pretty sure you can do the same with the other dolls, from my experience this being more photogenic and friendlier with Dollfies. You can have them go anime or you can have them go "normal", depending on tastes.

I'm glad I chose to put Varakitsu onto a DD, so much easier to customize and she apparently looks cute from what I'm told. I'm even attached to her on dangerous levels

The proud master of a foxy (DD) Varakitsu, Renge, & Caster; Kon!~ Kon!

mangaemi

Anime characters in a tangible form. Easy to pose, customizable, you can make your own characters, and they b-e-a-uuuuutiful aesthetics wise

♥ ★ ✮ ~ Amassing an army of Anime Cuties ~ ✮ ★ ♥

The Family: Sheryl, Ranka, Kirika, Arlex2, Yoko, Snow Miku, Haruka, Student Mariko, Prisma Illya, Akira, Maria, Cirno, Noumi, Asuna Titania, Sakuya

on the way: want: Sailor Moon, Miki, Yukiho

takoninja

I was never into dolls as a kid, but rather action figures. They were so much more interesting because they could move their arms and legs in ways a Barbie doll never could. You could make them do all sorts of funny things.

As I got a bit older, I liked finding clothes that would fit my stuffed rabbit, Bunny, dressing him up, and taking him out to events with me so he could show off his (often overly girly) style as well as be part of the fun I would take part in. He was my partner in crime, and I loved to pose him in ways that made him seem lifelike, like he was real and had feelings. I even curled and styled his floppy ears into buns and ponytails.

Then, when I got older still, I fell in love with anime figures, and only got ones that could pose. If they couldn't pose, I rejected them and thought them useless (although now I like them a bit more). I loved taking care of my figures, bringing them places, posing them, taking pictures with my phone, and so on. I even gave them little beds and set them beside me at night on my dresser.

Then, years later, I came across Dollfie Dream. They were stunning. I was soon in love. The customization features, the posibility, the mere size of them was mind-blowing to me. I thought about all the time and was sure I had to get one for myself. So, I did. One of the best things I ever did was get my first dollfie dream. She was, and is, the toy of all toys. She's stolen my heart (and unfortunately, all my funds...) and I am so happy to be in this hobby. I hope for my DD family to grow very soon.

Name: Tako Moguchi

Dolls: Yume (DDdy, HDD-02, modded s-bust), Himeko (Obistu 40cm, modded HDD-01), Hitomi (DDS M.O.M.O.)

Pistachio

I have to say I didn't really see the big deal about DDs until I actually started hanging out with some other collectors. Initially I thought they were adorable but wasn't super interested. I was into resin BJDs before but DDs and DDs were such a different look I never thought I'd really want one for myself. But then I realized that resin BJDs just didn't work for the more anime style characters I wanted and so that's when I really fell hard for DDs. Hopefully my DD collection won't get as out of hand as my resin one.

baldylox
Hopefully my DD collection won't get as out of hand as my resin one.

Good luck with that. I never thought I'd own more than one DD at first.... now I'm looking at 21 of them in just under 3 years time. They're quite addictive!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Misheru

I can SOOO agree with that statement, Billy. I stopped counting. lol

~ Misheru...the *M* in H&M House of Vinyl ~ ℒℴѵℯ❤

( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒) ˚₊✩‧ All your dolliehs are belong to us! ✩‧₊˚ ( ͒ ु•·̫• ू ͒)

JChiibs

Good luck with that. I never thought I'd own more than one DD at first.... now I'm looking at 21 of them in just under 3 years time. They're quite addictive!

Billy

I can say mine has already gotten out of hand, and what an unruly bunch they are! I'm a bit concerned at times, wondering what it will be like once all my floating heads get bodies. Then everyone can directly interact with everyone, and chaos will ensue. Even once I get the 4 bodies I currently need there are more DD lined up in my mind for who comes after that. The 5 who are finished sure do keep it active around here! Now that I have time to sew, everyone is clamoring for tons of clothes. Poor Yuriko keeps staring at my sewing machine and can't figure out how it works. Raven had to tell her that if you push a button it won't just spew out new clothes.

Most of all, I wouldn't trade them for the world.

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

katnaper

Billy

They are. They are. They are the world's number one enablers, looking at you with puppy dog eyes and begging for sisters...(and in my case boyfriends ) Seriously, its hard to stop at just one.

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

Pistachio

XD Yeah I can definitely understand the pull. The same thing happened with my resin dolls. I started off by saying I'd only want one and well... I think I'm somewhere around 14 now. The original plan was for me to only get 2 DDs but I've already caved to a 3rd. Very typical, nothing ever seems to go as planned with my hobbies.

Ravendruid
XD Yeah I can definitely understand the pull. The same thing happened with my resin dolls. I started off by saying I'd only want one and well... I think I'm somewhere around 14 now. The original plan was for me to only get 2 DDs but I've already caved to a 3rd. Very typical, nothing ever seems to go as planned with my hobbies.

On the other hand, there are a few of us who have managed to keep it down in the single digits. I have only 1 so far, and one on pre-order after just over a year. (This, in spite of constantly sending out payments to Volks and other purveyors of DDs, and related accessories...) Of course, funding somebody else's collection makes a difference. At least she (mostly) shares, and Yuriko occasionally gets new clothes out of the deal.

Daddy of: Yuriko, Sohi, Miku and SK's many kids

12437295384_b307eb5ce8.jpg

JChiibs
On the other hand, there are a few of us who have managed to keep it down in the single digits. I have only 1 so far, and one on pre-order after just over a year. (This, in spite of constantly sending out payments to Volks and other purveyors of DDs, and related accessories...) Of course, funding somebody else's collection makes a difference. At least she (mostly) shares, and Yuriko occasionally gets new clothes out of the deal.

There is one detail you failed to mention sir. Even though you only own one, you still gain the benefit of living in the house with a total of 5 completed DD. As honorable as your sentiments and statements may be, I have noted how you regularly dote, yes dote, on your daughters who are not named Yuriko. On at least one morning recently I observed that our little Bree was not in the state that I had left her the night previous.

Your arguments are null and void.

~Sister Kyoya

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Kodama

There is one detail you failed to mention sir. Even though you only own one, you still gain the benefit of living in the house with a total of 5 completed DD. As honorable as your sentiments and statements may be, I have noted how you regularly dote, yes dote, on your daughters who are not named Yuriko. On at least one morning recently I observed that our little Bree was not in the state that I had left her the night previous.

Your arguments are null and void.

~Sister Kyoya

LOL .. BUSTED! They are like Pringles , aren't they.. ^_^

Up to five, at the moment..

Anriko

Sometimes you just need a big-eyed anime-esque girl in your life.

Though as an aside, when I first got into the doll hobby in general, one of the first places I looked at was Volks - and, quite frankly, none of their resin dolls had the right amount of breasts [read: NONE] for the character I was planning on making. So on a whim I checked out the DD section and basically went "BOOBS." and shortly thereafter placed a $500+ order. So basically, if not for boobs, I wouldn't be here.

baldylox
So basically, if not for boobs, I wouldn't be here.

HA HA HA! It's so refreshing to see someone own up to this. I'm with you tho, I'm all about da boobies! But I like all shapes and sizes for my girls so I have quite a few of each size for them. But Peach Pai sure are fun....

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

mosaicwolf
Sometimes you just need a big-eyed anime-esque girl in your life.

I can relate to this. I definitely like the fact that they have a more anime aesthetic than their resin counterparts. I actually rather like the boobs, too. Call it a minor sub-hobby, boobs of unusual size and impressive option parts on the resin boys. I dunno why, other than it amuses me.

However, I also like DD for the cuteness factor. Some of the clothes in particular are enough to make the most stoic person flail.

SchroedingersCat
So basically, if not for boobs, I wouldn't be here.

HA HA HA! It's so refreshing to see someone own up to this. I'm with you tho, I'm all about da boobies! But I like all shapes and sizes for my girls so I have quite a few of each size for them. But Peach Pai sure are fun....

Billy

It's funny 'cos it's true.

Resin dolls definitely are too flat for my taste... And their faces are weird.

Now with +/- 15% more uncertainty!

JChiibs

DD in corsets can be deadly to me. Not because of the boobs, but because of the corsets themselves. I pretty much act like a guy staring at boobs when I'm looking at pictures of corsets. I rather dread the day that I finally get around to making a corset for Naiomi. It just might kill me.

I am more drawn to the DD than I am resin girls because the resins attempt to be a lot more modern style realistic and less hourglass shaped. I know I'm weird in thinking that the resin girls look almost sloppy because of this. The first time I had Naiomi together before I put her clothes on I was totally stunned at how perfect she would look in a corset. Corsets are just so sexy!

~Sister Kyoya

Ravendruid
sexy![/i]

Even on men?

Daddy of: Yuriko, Sohi, Miku and SK's many kids

12437295384_b307eb5ce8.jpg