The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

littlebearries

2nd Annual Dollfie Dream Halloween Party!

OhnoRaptors

Since I was stuck inside during the hurricane I decided to try my hand at second outfit for Airy. ^^ Went through some trim scraps someone gave me and pieced together something last minute for Halloween.

So here she is as a magical girl idol! Blame Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls.

Airy Dressed Up for Halloween

Airy Dressed Up for Halloween

(Links because I'm still new, haha, sorry!)

Edited by Guest

jun97
Great costume, Jun, Normally I'm not crazy about the serious (angry) expression on Aoi, but it so perfectly fits here. I can't imagine any other head being able to pull it off so well. The perfectly scaled R2 just makes it even better.

Thank you! I also think the Jedi costume fits Aoi very well. She might be wearing it for a while . For my final costumes of the year, I have Sith lord Akiha and her apprentice Hiroko:

8140541441_528372f0be.jpg

8140572068_5b7ddb0c6f.jpg

mitsuki

Those are such detailed and amazing outfits, jun97. Aoi is always so cool. She looks fantastic. I don't blame you if she hangs out in that for a while. The Sith girls are spectacular. The black looks awesome on them. They are even more perfect with those lightsabers!

baldylox

With all the awesome costumes showing up lately here, I totally forgot to add my two newest cuties and their costumes!

First we have Minako who is dressed as a school girl!

8132209346_423a1fcdf6_z.jpg

DSC_8510 by balldylox, on Flickr

And then we have Kino who is dressed as a frilly and lacey bunny!

8120224587_19941b2f16_z.jpg

DSC_8447 by balldylox, on Flickr

So that now covers all my girls and their outfits this year....

OR DOES IT???

Hee hee, I have two more outfits I want to share and I'll do a separate post on them tonight. Minako and Sprout will be sharing their new costumes with you soon!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

littlebearries

I just have to say, I've been avidly following this thread and have LOVED every minute of it!!!

Everyone has put together such awesome stuff for their girls... and so many of these costume had me just cracking up!!!!

You guys are awesome.

Also, Alna has learned that people are supposed to get new clothes for Halloween, and now hates me extremely for not having gotten her a costume.

7782845246_e35680d49e_o.png

Ravendruid

Also, Alna has learned that people are supposed to get new clothes for Halloween, and now hates me extremely for not having gotten her a costume.

Oh, no! This is why I (usually) carefully preview any threads before allowing Yuriko to see them. It tends to spare me quite a few tantrums.

Daddy of: Yuriko, Sohi, Miku and SK's many kids

12437295384_b307eb5ce8.jpg

Jezrah

Here's my contribution. I made these outfits for my local doll meet's Halloween party.

First, Kotone as a pirate.

8142439936_838c732349_z.jpg

8142442368_c272b3a4a7_z.jpg

8142412623_c74531bb92_z.jpg

Then, Akira as a witch.

8142416585_a914e2c8ce_z.jpg

8142417593_f91459900d_z.jpg

8142417975_d9a48ccc40_z.jpg

Next, Mitsuki as a bag of cotton candy. She wanted to dress as something sweet so that she might get more candy.

8142419373_d37b8b50f5_z.jpg

8142449778_e09c4b5fb9_z.jpg

8142419941_ff74e3e2a7_z.jpg

And my favorite outfit, Ayano as a foxy lady.

8142421605_035d7eaee9_z.jpg

8142421951_b478805db0_z.jpg

8142452456_cbca935dec_z.jpg

8142452776_5df74b8acd_z.jpg

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

I sure as heck couldn't afford any new clothes or costumes for Halloween so I just made do with what I have. Not as great as everybody else's but at least I tried.

baldylox

OMG!! Jezrah! Your girls are awesome!!

Pirate Kotone is most excellent, I love that outfit on her..... especially the boots and hat!

Ayano is SUPER sexy as a fox girl! Her outfit is soooo cool! I love it!

But my favorite by far is Mituski. Being a bag of poofy and pink sweetness was an excellent idea! I laughed so hard when I first saw her! Then I couldn't stop going "AWWWW!" at her following pics. The label on her back is especially funny, the ingredients are just perfect.

Wonderful job on these Jezrah!

Billy

baldylox
I sure as heck couldn't afford any new clothes or costumes for Halloween so I just made do with what I have. Not as great as everybody else's but at least I tried.

Buying costumes or clothes for your girls isn't what's important. What's important is having fun.

If you can make clothes for them, THAT is awesome. I sure wish I was handy enuff to be able to do that for mine.

A lot of people in this thread made their girls clothes... Jezrah, Jun97, Sister Kyoya, etc. And I think that's a great way to have fun as well as save money.

So don't worry about not being able to get stuff for them, your idea of the mask on one of your girls along with the goodie bag was quite cute and well done!

Billy

Ravendruid

I think the candy bag might just be the winner for the "cuteness" category of this thread. She makes me burst into an instant smile. It's a good thing that Volks is still short on bodies, the more MDDs I keep seeing recently the more my wallet keeps trying to jump out of my pocket.

Jezrah

Thanks guys! I really had fun making the girls' costumes. They were for a contest, but the organizer was sick that day, so we don't know who won. Oh, well, it was fun anyway.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

baldylox

Okay, one last Halloween post and I'm done!

Sprout and Minako dressed in their new kigu's....

Kyubey and a baby panda!

8142979199_d433092bca_z.jpg

DSC_8564 by balldylox, on Flickr

And to add more pain to your eye holes, take this!

8143032661_7c37e0fd91_z.jpg

DSC_8586 by balldylox, on Flickr

Have a wonderful evening!

Billy

jadepixel

I have been saving this thread for a Halloween treat - totally worth it!

So much cute and awesome in one place. And glad I could assist with Manami's attire

Neris was going to be a gothy kitty witch, but as time ran out she opted for just gothy. Black and orange always works for Halloween, at least.

nerisblk-4882-466x700.jpg

nerisblk-4898-466x700.jpg

JChiibs

Yay, Finally got everyone's costumes done and pics taken. More will be up this weekend, so here is the group photo:

8143964835_b2dd3a12fc_z.jpg

Yuriko is a cheerleader and her outfit came from a stuffed animal I have called Dottie Dog from The Get-Along Gang cartoon from the early 80s. With only a little pinning it fit great!

Tamayuki is "Kitty Maowser, M.D." with his entire outfit made by me. He's kinda a spoof of Doogie Howser, M.D. that I used to watch obsessively.

Naiomi is a witch, and she wants to send the biggest THANK YOU to Panchita for the sock dress idea and to Jadepixel for the witch hat pattern. She has been talking for a week about if it might be possible to have a "Sock Witch Project" on the forums kinda like the maid brigade.

And Dolly is a ghost, who made his own costume.

Happy Halloween everyone!

~Sister Kyoya & family

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

MrFjmg03

YAY!!!!!!!!!! I love all the costumes so much all your girls look spectacular. I can hardly wait til next year Halloween party.

Sister Kyoya WOW Panchita and I are amaze with Naiomi witch costume is AMAZING. I really love the color. All your girls and boys look super cute in their Halloween costumes, but I just want to grab Tamayuki and Dolly and give them a big hug

katnaper

Beato decided to show off her 'ahem' assets for the House's Halloween Party. We tried telling her that the Hadaka Apron isn't exactly very Halloween but she told me if I would rather she go as Eve before the snake got to her... I did not know what to say to that...

BeatoHousewife1.jpg

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

baldylox

Neris makes a perfect gothy type witch even if she doesnt have a hat! I love that wig on her with that outfit, it's a great contrast! Excellent work on that setup.

And the SK household also looks great. I have to say that while the witches' outfit is very cool, I LOVE the cheerleader set! Yuriko looks so cool!

Last but not least, Beato looks marvelous as a sexy housewife! She's got that look and style down!

Billy

JChiibs
Sister Kyoya WOW Panchita and I are amaze with Naiomi witch costume is AMAZING. I really love the color. All your girls and boys look super cute in their Halloween costumes, but I just want to grab Tamayuki and Dolly and give them a big hug

I never ever would have thought about seeing if a sock would work for DD clothes if it wasn't for you and Panchita. When I saw these socks at the store Naiomi nearly yelled at me that she wanted them for a dress. I wan't sure at first if the green would work for her but she insisted she wanted that pair. After I cut off the toe of the sock and put it on her I was surprised that I hadn't noticed that it went really well with her eyes. Since I had everything else (even for the hat) her outfit cost me a whopping $1, and was SO much simpler than the other idea I had for her but is 20 times better. I almost forgot that I lined it with some white tights from the dollar store that had been stashed away. The black piece on her bust is the heel of the sock that I gathered (to not look like a sock heel) and it seems to work well. Naiomi may not like overly revealing clothing, but has no problems with form fitting dresses.

Many times I have seen really cute kid socks at our dollar store but never had anything I could use them for. Now Naiomi insists that I check every time I'm there. It was such a fun project to do and make really fancy that I'm sure she will end up with more of them eventually. Its such an ingenious idea with loads of possibilities. Now I'm trying to decide what to do with the other sock.

Tama giggled and waved at the computer since he can't give you a real hug. He and Dolly have a mini photo story that will be put up on Sat that makes me giggle. Dolly has the Mike Nesmith (from The Monkees) knit cap thing goin' on even with his costume so he is either a wooly-headed ghost or a floating acorn cap.

I'm so happy that you liked everyone's costumes, I wasn't too sure if I was going to get them done on time. I wanted to do a broom for Naiomi and a stethiscope for Tamayuki too that I will probably get around to eventually. If it wasn't for the forums and people to share our holiday with I don't think I would have done anything this year. I really love this forum of ours.

~Sister Kyoya

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Ravendruid

And the SK household also looks great. I have to say that while the witches' outfit is very cool, I LOVE the cheerleader set! Yuriko looks so cool!

Billy

Thanks, SK came up with it. I'll have to do a bit more extensive photo shoot with her tonight. I realized we still hadn't gotten a picture of our lovely cards from Littlbearies or Nehelenia.

JChiibs

Woops, sorry Billy, must have missed this when I was posting. (Doesn't everyone preview their post 400 times before submitting it? ) Better pics of the outfits will be up this weekend, especially of Yuriko. I'm rather proud of myself for thinking of the cheerleader outfit. The first time I put it on Yuriko I immediately said, "Baldylox is going to love this!" That's when I knew Yuriko would be happy with it.

I keep trying to tell myself that it's not bad that I'm already making some plans on what to do next Halloween, especially because it involves a very long and possibly involved photo story and black and white Gothic costumes for everyone involved. Then I wonder why I do this to myself, and of course the answer is that it's fun.

Hyper-focus mode: engage!

~Sister Kyoya

MrFjmg03

Sister Kyoya LOL that's me know too now I see a sock and I see the possibility of a new outfit

But to be honest I wouldn't have guess Naiomi costume was made from a sock it looks totally awesome and different. I love the part on the bottom of the dress. It remind me of the vintage fit dresses from the 50's. I also like what you did with Yuriko cheerleader outfit that was some awesome improvisation

Panchita want to send a kiss to Tamayuki and Dolly. She would have taken a picture but at the moment she is currently bald (A haircut attempt that went horribly wrong)

JChiibs
Sister Kyoya LOL that's me know too now I see a sock and I see the possibility of a new outfit

But to be honest I wouldn't have guess Naiomi costume was made from a sock it looks totally awesome and different. I love the part on the bottom of the dress. It remind me of the vintage fit dresses from the 50's. I also like what you did with Yuriko cheerleader outfit that was some awesome improvisation

Panchita want to send a kiss to Tamayuki and Dolly. She would have taken a picture but at the moment she is currently bald (A haircut attempt that went horribly wrong)

I can say that the sock dress was the first and easiest knit dress I've ever made. After cutting off the toe (so the dress would be straight compared to just opening the toe) I thought about a few different ways of sewing a lower skirt on it to make it look nice but also it wouldn't fray. What I ended up with is literally a square with a hole cut in the middle, and I overcast the edge of the fabric. It's one of those kinds that frays if you even look at it. The hole was sewn to the sock, and the lace was sewn on mostly to make it easy to turn under the edge, and to hide the uneven ugly edge, then top stitched to hold it down nicely. I can't believe how great it came out because I could not see when I was doing the top stitching because of the black thread going into the shiny black fabric, I pretty much guessed. Naiomi simply adores the old Hollywood style clothing but making a form fitting dress like this from a non-stretch fabric takes loads more work and significant tailoring. That's why the sock base is so fabulous, and I don't have to put in a zipper!

I wish I had the proper size knitting needles for doing DD sized sweaters like the one Yuriko had on. I've never made a sweater before, but doing one in DD scale would be much faster than a real one. Naiomi has pointed out that there are some full-sized patterns on my favorite knitting site that are from the 40s that she would just be thrilled to have. As for the pleated skirt, they are simple to sew if you have the patience to do the pleating. I'm sure more of those will pop up over time around here. Yuriko was flat out mad when she had to give the clothes back.

Naiomi: "Oh Panchita dear, I'm so sorry to hear about your hair! If you have a bag of cotton you could use it to make one of those fancy white pompador wigs and put some cute bows on it. Well, except you might look like a groomed poodle. That would hardly be flattering... let's see... If you have another cute sock laying around you could measure a few inches down from the toe and cut it off. Then it shouldn't be too hard to roll the edge into an instant knit cap! Hats are great to have when bangs get cut too short, just pull the cap down far enough so no one will notice. With the weather turning colder it might be nice to have a few laying around in colors to match your favorite outfits! I hope this is helpful until you hair grows out. Tama wants you to know that it makes him happy that you wanted to send him a kiss and thinks you would be a lovely big sister."

How bad is bad? Can her wig be salvaged? When I first got Naiomi's it was so tight it wouldn't stay on and kept popping off, and when I ordered it I thought the "princess Leia buns" would be removable because LeekeWorld had something similar in the accessories section. Turns out they were hot glued into the hair. I almost cried. I figured that the wig was ruined for what I wanted and started yanking the braided buns out. Much to my surprise the glue didn't actually stick to the heat-resistant hair. It took some time, but I obviously got them out and her hair is exactly what I wanted.

Would Panchita be too mortified to take pics of her hair if it is somewhat salvageable?

~Sister Kyoya

MrFjmg03

Sister Kyoya

Panchita: Thank you very much for the advice Naiomi My dad is overreacting a little bit. I'm not bald I have my blonde wig on right now. I just don't feel like myself in it. It makes me feel a lot like Marilyn Monroe But I like the idea of a hat. Awww Tamayuki is just to adorable and a kiss to all of you as well

The wig is totally ruin. I cut the bangs first and I did an amazing job. It look so beautiful, so I figured out that if I did so good with the bangs I was going to do good with the back too but that was not the case So I cut the back and it was a little bit uneven at first so I try to make it even and to make the story short the more I try to even the back the worse it got. I knew I should have stop but for some reason I couldn't and I just keep cutting. Believe it or not this is not my first wig I ruin while I attempt to give it a haircut but it seems I never learn I already have plans to buy Panchita a new wig at the end of the month. I will order my Jeromy some clothes and a wig from iplehouse so I saw a wig there that I like for Panchita and the best thing is that the wig is heat resistant

DJStarstryker

The wig is totally ruin. I cut the bangs first and I did an amazing job. It look so beautiful, so I figured out that if I did so good with the bangs I was going to do good with the back too but that was not the case So I cut the back and it was a little bit uneven at first so I try to make it even and to make the story short the more I try to even the back the worse it got. I knew I should have stop but for some reason I couldn't and I just keep cutting. Believe it or not this is not my first wig I ruin while I attempt to give it a haircut but it seems I never learn I already have plans to buy Panchita a new wig at the end of the month. I will order my Jeromy some clothes and a wig from iplehouse so I saw a wig there that I like for Panchita and the best thing is that the wig is heat resistant

Aww, I hope Panchita feels better once she gets her new wig!

I recently had to cut a wig for the first time. I was really paranoid that I'd mess it up, so I intentionally cut off less than I wanted at first, to figure out the look. That way I still had more that I could cut off if I accidentally messed it up. Once I figured out how I wanted it to look, I carefully cut off the extra length that I left there originally. That worked out for me.

Are you ready to rock? ^_^