Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Nakitaninja

Off Topic Dolls/Figure Collections

mitsuki

MaxArcher, you need a fabulous giant castle to house everything!

Nakitaninja

Leocadie (dollmore kid with hdd-03)

5748141722_1ef7af6772.jpg

How cool to have a DD head on a resin body... she looks wonderful XD

She looks absolutely amazing! That's an Utena wig if ever I have seen one!!!! I loved Utena....

Kumi, I also adore, adore, ADORE Angela. She looks awesome and so much fun to pose. If I could buy one like her tomorrow, I totally would. I wanted a MamaChapp doll but they look so fragile?*** I know nothing about them including how to acquire them. ^^;;;;

I really love all the resins posted to this list. I'm on the Aria Doll and DoD sites right now admiring their girls! Since we all love DDs I see a lot of similarities in the aesthetics of the resin selection represented in this thread. I also love all the Unicos we're getting in here! So cute~

***(after looking on eBay) WHY ARE THEY SO EXPENSIVE!?!?!?

40283197242_5620dd1681.jpg

Kumi

Kumi, I also adore, adore, ADORE Angela. She looks awesome and so much fun to pose. If I could buy one like her tomorrow, I totally would. I wanted a MamaChapp doll but they look so fragile?*** I know nothing about them including how to acquire them. ^^;;;;

Thank You

They're not fragile, not at all. They're light, use standard Obitsu body made from ABS with some parts from vinyl. Like hands (exchangeable) or heads (at least the Obitsu/Azone/Parabox ones, so I assume, MMCHP also uses this material). And the body is ~25$ in case something breaks.

Angela uses the same 23cm Obitsu body like many Mamachapp designs.

Why expensive, You ask?

Well, it's the same like with DDs. Limited runs, sold mostly on events or by preorder, or second-hand.

The head is exclusive to Mamachapp (I used similar "standard" Obitsu head) and the doll are "fullsets", with outfits. And they're soooo cute

Nakitaninja

Thank You

They're not fragile, not at all. They're light, use standard Obitsu body made from ABS with some parts from vinyl. Like hands (exchangeable) or heads (at least the Obitsu/Azone/Parabox ones, so I assume, MMCHP also uses this material). And the body is ~25$ in case something breaks.

Angela uses the same 23cm Obitsu body like many Mamachapp designs.

Why expensive, You ask?

Well, it's the same like with DDs. Limited runs, sold mostly on events or by preorder, or second-hand.

The head is exclusive to Mamachapp (I used similar "standard" Obitsu head) and the doll are "fullsets", with outfits. And they're soooo cute

Yeah, I did not write that well- I should have put a smiley after my exclamation because it was meant in a *shakes fist at sky* sort of way, not like actually "why"? I totally understand all of your points. Mamachapp are absolutely super cute. I think I just need to get some size comparisons from around here. I really love their look, I just hesitate to buy because I feel like I can *do* more with a DD/resin/larger girl??? This may just be in my head though.

Could someone PM me if they know a really good site for MamaChapp info? I'd love to learn more about them. I've looked about and I am not being successful at finding sites not in Japanese. Google translate leaves a lot to be desired on occasion.

40283197242_5620dd1681.jpg

baldylox
Could someone PM me if they know a really good site for MamaChapp info? I'd love to learn more about them. I've looked about and I am not being successful at finding sites not in Japanese. Google translate leaves a lot to be desired on occasion.

Check with Jun97, he has like 5 Mamachapps and has been good at finding pics and info on them for me. I'm sure he is on their payroll or something...

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

MaxArcher
MaxArcher, you need a fabulous giant castle to house everything!

Sometimes I really feel that way, LOL. Since everybody else is posting pictures, here's a crummy one I took about a month ago. (Note the conspicuous lack of Beato, haha.) Need to take another one soon, especially since three more figures came today and there's another four later this month...

figure640.jpg

• Like 1

DD Beatrice - DD Saber/EXTRA

Strife212

That dollfie cupboard looks like a smart place to keep them safe. I could do with something like that.

rBP74.png

Dolls: Saber, Saber Alter, Saber Lily, Saber Extra, Saber Alter 2nd,

Aozaki Aoko, Alice Kuonji, Haruhi Suzumiya, Yuki Nagato

MaxArcher
That dollfie cupboard looks like a smart place to keep them safe. I could do with something like that.

It's a BESTA-series case from IKEA, if you're interested in one. You have to buy the bookcase, doors, and shelves separately (if you don't want the default wood shelves), as configured ours is around $200, which isn't that bad compared to the dolls in it.

DD Beatrice - DD Saber/EXTRA

littlebearries
Ah I see, that's pretty good

Here is my setup, this was taken a while ago though so it's a bit outdated:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/Darkwind212/Strife2121295717637.jpg

I love the stands you are using for the DDs!

You guys all have such awesome set ups... mine is nowhere near that cool. I feel like we need a "Where does your Dollfie Dream Live" thread... XD

7782845246_e35680d49e_o.png

baldylox
Ah I see, that's pretty good

Here is my setup, this was taken a while ago though so it's a bit outdated:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/Darkwind212/Strife2121295717637.jpg

Someone likes Haruhi!

Very nice setup! Loads of cool figures in there.

Billy

Strife212

I love the stands you are using for the DDs!

You guys all have such awesome set ups... mine is nowhere near that cool. I feel like we need a "Where does your Dollfie Dream Live" thread... XD

Thanks

They are coolcat stands:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cool-Cat-Dollfie-Dream-Thigh-Stand-Square-/150596582808?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2310417d98

Someone likes Haruhi!

Very nice setup! Loads of cool figures in there.

Just a little bit!

Thanks!

rBP74.png

Dolls: Saber, Saber Alter, Saber Lily, Saber Extra, Saber Alter 2nd,

Aozaki Aoko, Alice Kuonji, Haruhi Suzumiya, Yuki Nagato

mitsuki

I love your setups, MaxArcher and Strife212! They look great!

MsGeek

OK, I did a doll census a long time ago, back when it was just Yumiko in 1/3 scale and I had tons and tons of 1/6 scale...I still do, and I don't do enough with them.

Here's the link to the album:

Doll_Census

And now I have little ones...real little ones...Obitsu 11cm. There are two: a cherub named Oriah and an imp named Demona. Here's some Demona for you:

No, you still can't have my mic!

Closeup on Demona

My Demona

Oriah will be photographed as soon as she has a faceup. Considering the way I'm hurp derping my way through that task this might take a while. They are going to be "consciences" for my bigger dolls...sit on their shoulders and help them through dilemmas. Then again Demona's not much help. It's not in her nature. ^^

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

di-chan123

I've kinda always collected dolls. My Sailor Moon dolls were the first ones I collected, I have a princess Serena doll somewhere too... anyway, these ones were made but Bandai/Irwin toys. Their ugly, but I love them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/di-chan123/5825359394/in/photostream

Next up is my CCS dolls. ^^ I love them so much! I recently got Tomoyo a few months ago, as I wanted her, but was unable to find her until I saw her on Mandarake.

Tomoyo and Sakura

Last up, is my figures. I most collect the revoltech, but I also have a few figma ones as well. There is alos some pachi figures from Sailor Moon that me and my sister used to get. Everyone except chibi moon, tuxedo mask and sailor mercury came with little castles that were playsets. Mars had karaoke, Venus had a nurses office, Jupiter had a restaurant, and Moon had a bedroom.

Figures! (updated)

Averis

A little update: Like baldylox, this week is also my first year of doll ownership anniversary, but in my case, for my resin BJD, Jaimee. I can't believe it's been a year already since I got into this hobby. I only wish I had done more with her. I'm glad I got her, though, and she'll always be special to me.

Unfortunately, I didn't have a lot of time to do anything fun, but I tried to take a couple quick photos of her in a little party hat.

1y_jaimee_2.jpg

y1_jaimee_3.jpg

Jaimee with a birthday candle.

1y_jaimee_1.jpg

• Like 1

Milk

Happy birthday Jaimee! She's so pretty.

At home: Victoria {DD Beatrice}, DD 2B, DD 9S

Waiting for: TinyFox Murphy

OtakuDepot

Happy Birthday!!!! I may have mentioned this before but she is one of the few non-DD girls that I would really be happy to adopt. I love her look.

**James

Otaku Depot's growing family.

6176759571_b2375fa7d7_o.jpg

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

Averis

Thanks everyone! She's a great girl and appreciates everyone's happy wishes. She's a little shy, though.

@otakudepot: If you are interested, this is where you can get her: Click Click

OtakuDepot
Thanks everyone! She's a great girl and appreciates everyone's happy wishes. She's a little shy, though.

@otakudepot: If you are interested, this is where you can get her: Click Click

haha - So, you're going for some enabling points as well now? I do love this look though:

copy_PV38051608565_2.jpg

Wow, that's hot!

Otaku Depot's growing family.

6176759571_b2375fa7d7_o.jpg

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

― Terry Pratchett, Jingo

baldylox

Happy Birthday Jaimee! Sorry I'm late but my Manami has been stealing all my time these past few days.

I don't really like many resins but Jaimee is different. She has a really nice look to her and she seems to be able to do either sweet or sexy quite easily. You need to do more pics of her here so we can see more of her!

Billy

Kumi

Happy Birthday Jaimee!

Resin bjd's are available in so many types, that probably everyone can find something.

So here's my Undine again. Sexy version this time

5710771047_a763fe94c6_z.jpg

• Like 1