Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Nakitaninja

Off Topic Dolls/Figure Collections

RiverRealms
48 minutes ago, finnleo said:

Custom paint does wonders. Kotobukiya has color variations of the frame arms girl kits for people that dont like to deal with paints, but it was amusing they released a red Stylet kit a few months after I had painted mine red.

The box graphics does lend itself for this kind of display, with the character name and picture so you can do a team ensemble display.

A little bit of paint can sometimes make a huge difference. I don't really know anything about figmas. I just think your collection looks cool 😀

finnleo
15 minutes ago, RiverRealms said:

about figmas

Figmas are actually their own product line of completed ready to pose 1/12 scale figures from Goodsmile company, with a distinctive hardpoint for a display stand arm at the back. people do some pretty creative stuff with them. not quite as cute and cuddly as nendoroids, but still.

I just call these kotobukiya kits Do it yourself figmas since they are a modelkit you build yourself from frustratingly small bits, they are about the same size, and have a similar hardpoint, and some more accessory points for various degrees of equipment mayhem.

Xiongmao

I always wanted a Figma when I visited Japan in 2008 but they always seemed much pricier than other figures.

I recently bought a Figma Miku. Meh, she's not as good as dolls. However, I did get a Figma motorcycle thrown in and that is seriously slick, even without putting on the 200 or so extra stickers it came with (!). I'd put it on display but I couldn't work out how to use the display stand.

I have my eye on the Harmonia Humming line of mini-dolls, although I'm not overly keen on Nendoroid-type collectibles with oversized heads. They remind me of when I turned Towa into an MDD.

My two nephews are both into FunkoPops - one likes Pokemon the other anime like Dragonball. I need to get them a Nezuko one because they thought my Pureneemo Nezuko was awesome. God knows they'd love that show (but it's a little gory in places every single freaking episode).

Edited by Xiongmao

Xiongmao-Signature-Vinyl-Dolls-December-2023.jpg.092aa55b9a3c11160633f60ad1610e7c.jpg 

My Dollfie doll family 😊.

chef_mai

I was initially skeptical of Nendoroids but fell in love with them after getting my first one. I agree that for some characters, the aesthetic doesn't work that well, but for others (a lot of the CGDCT series), it's a match made in heaven, and I'm able to take them outside and photograph them in ways I couldn't with dolls. And unlike most other figures, all of the parts are fully interchangeable, so you can mix-and-match to your heart's delight while retaining the aesthetic advantages of plastic painted figures.

chef_mai

My Nendoroid collection has grown a bit. Here's Aoba from New Game! enjoying wildflowers in bloom.

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

RetroKanojo

That's so adorable, I can't @onion22@

• Like 1

Rajke
On 3/9/2023 at 8:09 PM, RiverRealms said:

A little bit of paint can sometimes make a huge difference. I don't really know anything about figmas. I just think your collection looks cool 😀

Spoiler

9CA0FED3-AFE7-478F-96CE-7F2CD16F0C4E.jpeg.cda03804c371575f35419be7fdce98a4.jpegC0493D4C-3B58-4CCE-9AB1-238410F70901.jpeg.86f7816088567d685cf03e3cba66e8ae.jpegC9449018-058D-4BC3-8F93-EDE90224B7D4.jpeg.3df6f42829a0355a8bf645ad8a571f77.jpeg

Figma’s are really cool and photogenic. @onion20@@onion5@

• Like 1

@onion20@   This is a signature.

chef_mai

Aoi and Hinata from Yama no Susume went mountain climbing today!

las-trampas.jpg.550334b1055119422eba427d06a8c05a.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

chef_mai

It's gardening season! Aoi is watering some seedlings for me.

spacer.png

• Like 6

sunlightandtea

Edited by sunlightandtea
  • Like 4

violetpoof

Oh hey a thread I can get behind! Collection-wise it’s bjds for sure, I’ve been collecting for close to a little over 17years. I will say tho that I absolutely adore Phicen even if I don’t collect them— one day. I have a bit of figmas, nendos and kai arts ones. But it’s Bjds that I actively collect.