Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Sign in to follow this  
Nakitaninja

Off Topic Dolls/Figure Collections

littlebearries

I also love the graffiti bodies and would love to have one- someday. Okita Souji (sp) was an AMAZING doll. I generally don't like male dolls but he was incredible. They say they're coming out with a Graffiti girl soon which would mean a better match with those resin DD heads off of the Ebay. I think you could make an gorgeous/expensive doll by matching those. ^^

Well, maybe... lol, have you seen the price on the Lorna that's coming out? She's $1400

7782845246_e35680d49e_o.png

MaxArcher

Oh dang it. I'm going to end up buying a Dream of Doll DOT girl. I already know it. Not sure when. GF wants to go half and half on a SHALL, but I'm really liking E-An, especially the kinda sultry look of the "Tender" version.

I hated these things a year ago...

DD Beatrice - DD Saber/EXTRA

MsGeek

Oh yeah, here's my BIG Obitsus...

5922377083_35d835f814.jpg

Out Of The Carrier by msgeek93, on Flickr

Left to right: Z. Yamamoto, a gender-bender standard joint 60cm boy; and Mitzi Chun, originally started life as a Parabox "Friend Gretel" but the original person she owned wanted to turn her into Major Motoko Kusanagi and retouched her faceup to make her more Kusanagi-esque. My faceup artist Biff did further revisions and the results are lovely.

And here they are with their "Godmother" Maki Yuriko, nee Obitsu Yuriko.

5922380031_7d2d1940ff.jpg

Maki-san From Obitsu And My Kids by msgeek93, on Flickr

Obitsu had their first display at an American con at Anime Expo 2011. She was delighted I brought them by. Funny thing, when I go to Volks Tenshi no Sumika in LA (actually TnS in Torrance) I have to leave them in the carrier. Out of respect to Maki-san and the rest of the Obitsu crew, I left Yumiko Natsume in the bag.

Maki-san is the daughter of Obitsu Saburo, founder of Obitsu Plastic Manufacturing, Ltd., current Marketing Director, and heir-apparent to the company. She wants to aggressively move into North America with their lovelies, and their move to cover both extremes in the size spectrum with the 11cm on the tiny end and the 150cm they displayed at WonFes Winter 2011 is another sign they mean business. The 150cm girl was a proof-of-concept prototype, but there were enough inquiries at and after WonFes that they may go into limited production. Between Obitsu's aggressive moves forward and Volks' equally aggressive but more understated strategy, the VINYL WARS ARE SO VERY ON.

And here's the most recent family shot:

5879106825_4dac5db76e.jpg

La Famiglia by msgeek93, on Flickr

• Like 1

mitsuki

They are so cute! Those are fantastic photos. I love the one of all of them together.

Chuplayer

I got my start in dolls with a Mikuru Asahina doll by Megahouse. She has PVC molded hair, but otherwise she's a normal Obitsu-bodied doll. I had wanted to get a PVC figure, but I didn't like any of the Mikuru PVC figures I found. The doll was the only thing that portrayed Mikuru with her heavenly smile

I then got a Jenny doll, mostly because she wasn't very expensive. I thought I would only ever get Jenny dolls, but I only ever got one more. (Or three more if you count a couple spinoffs.) I was excited for the recent Jenny relaunch, but I haven't gotten any of those dolls yet.

Momoko dolls are the bulk of my 1/6 scale doll universe. I have 11 of them so far, and I love each and every one of them My first one was the Menuette at Summer Getaway doll. It's a bit of a tradition to name your Momokos, too. My first one is named Donna, after the first girl I ever had a crush on. She was a classmate of mine.

I've dabbled in a couple Barbies and a Fashion Royalty doll, but Momokos are my favorite 1/6 scale dolls.

I only have one 1/3 scale resin doll, a Dollmore Model Doll Leah Cox. She's my tallest lady and the one I consider my second oldest.

Speaking of doll ages, I don't really have set ages for my dolls, but there is a kind of hierarchy. My FR Careless Love Dania Zarr is my oldest (28ish), followed by my Leah (23ish), then my Dollfie Dreams are at the high end of the 18-20 set, followed by my other dolls which are between 16-18, and finally my Lacy Modernist Momoko doll Madalaine. I consider her to be about 14 even though I have other Momokos that aren't really that different yet still much older. There's just something about Madalaine that makes me look at her as a younger girl.

My youngest doll is going to be an Iplehouse JID Tania. I don't have her yet, but she'll probably be about 9 years old. That's the youngest I plan on going.

Nakitaninja
I got my start in dolls with a Mikuru Asahina doll by Megahouse. She has PVC molded hair, but otherwise she's a normal Obitsu-bodied doll. I had wanted to get a PVC figure, but I didn't like any of the Mikuru PVC figures I found. The doll was the only thing that portrayed Mikuru with her heavenly smile

I then got a Jenny doll, mostly because she wasn't very expensive. I thought I would only ever get Jenny dolls, but I only ever got one more. (Or three more if you count a couple spinoffs.) I was excited for the recent Jenny relaunch, but I haven't gotten any of those dolls yet.

Momoko dolls are the bulk of my 1/6 scale doll universe. I have 11 of them so far, and I love each and every one of them My first one was the Menuette at Summer Getaway doll. It's a bit of a tradition to name your Momokos, too. My first one is named Donna, after the first girl I ever had a crush on. She was a classmate of mine.

I've dabbled in a couple Barbies and a Fashion Royalty doll, but Momokos are my favorite 1/6 scale dolls.

I only have one 1/3 scale resin doll, a Dollmore Model Doll Leah Cox. She's my tallest lady and the one I consider my second oldest.

Speaking of doll ages, I don't really have set ages for my dolls, but there is a kind of hierarchy. My FR Careless Love Dania Zarr is my oldest (28ish), followed by my Leah (23ish), then my Dollfie Dreams are at the high end of the 18-20 set, followed by my other dolls which are between 16-18, and finally my Lacy Modernist Momoko doll Madalaine. I consider her to be about 14 even though I have other Momokos that aren't really that different yet still much older. There's just something about Madalaine that makes me look at her as a younger girl.

My youngest doll is going to be an Iplehouse JID Tania. I don't have her yet, but she'll probably be about 9 years old. That's the youngest I plan on going.

I'd love to see your OT dolls if you get a chance to post pictures! They all sound so lovely~ ^^

40283197242_5620dd1681.jpg

Chuplayer

I'd love to see your OT dolls if you get a chance to post pictures! They all sound so lovely~ ^^

I'm still working on getting 20 posts, but, rest assured, I'll be back. In the meantime, my flickr page is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/34425096@N07/

Chuplayer

Okay, here are a few pics of my dolls.

5846773189_b8f423f434_z.jpg

That's Madalaine, my Lacy Modernist Momoko doll. She's the only doll I call my daughter. I'm holding her in my hand in this pic because she was feeling sad that I was ignoring her while I was doing video game stuff for a few days

5837431689_66c737824c_z.jpg

Here's Leah Cox, my Dollmore Model Doll. She's my only non-DD 1/3 scale resin doll at the moment. She's really tall! Sometimes she looks intense, but she's really a nice woman when you get to know her

5440458860_80e30262d7_z.jpg

Speaking of video game stuff, here are a few of my Momoko dolls on my Ys map. Valerie - Wake-Up 006 (lower left), Sammy - Cowgirl Blond (upper top), and Donna - Menuette at Summer Getaway (right). Never heard of Ys? Get a PSP, the new English Ys releases, and start wishing you were born in Japan 30 years ago!

5312827625_de7928271e_z.jpg

A wide shot of a bunch of my dolls. Top row: Barbie 2008 Supergirl, Jenny, Megahouse Mikuru Asahina, Kimono Jenny, Alice - Momoko Sea Maze, Samejima (FLCL character). Bottom row: Valerie - Momoko Wake-Up 006 and Azone Mikuru Asahina.

5115316313_2125a671ab_z.jpg

And here's my only Fashion Royalty doll, Carleless Love Dania Zarr. She's my most mature doll, even more mature than Leah!

5132116925_914ebe0ed3_z.jpg

I should mention that all of my dolls are lesbians, so they can all appear in romantic pairings

MsGeek

More Obitsu goodness...this episode of Culture Japan has Danny Choo visiting the Obitsu "chocolate factory" and meeting Obitsu Saburo, the inventor and master doll-maker behind Obitsu since 1966.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/culture-japan/episode-12-food-samples-dolls-and-ryokan-574048

The Obitsu story is the second of three.

Note well that even though vinyl dolls are made in a more automated manner than resin -- resin dolls are cast one at a time -- they are still fairly hand-crafted when all is said and done. I suspect Volks' processes for making Dollfie Dreams is very similar to Obitsu's, except for that amazing oven that whirls vinyl doll skin parts around as they "cook"...you gotta see that. That was Obitsu Saburo's invention. @_@

Chuplayer
Those are great, Chuplayer!

Thank you, mitsuki! I love all of my girls very much

I remembered I have a few anime PVC figures. Here are some pics and some thoughts on them.

This is my first PVC figure. She's Hazumu from the anime and manga Kashimashi. I got her in the middle of 2007. I was really into the Kashimashi manga back then. Not all of it had been published in English yet, but I loved Hazumu and her story so much that I wanted to get my own cute Hazumu figure

4553293978_d81c784a5b.jpg

Hazumu is sitting there in her bikini from one of the chapters of the manga. It looks exactly like it did in the manga except for the fact that the figure isn't in black and white

4553294008_2d8caca454.jpg

I really like Hazumu's legs. They look so very healthy. You can also see she's holding her hat on her head. I guess it was windy when she was posing for this sculpt!

4553294040_b681039b3c.jpg

Her bikini bottoms have a very cute plant design on them

4553294084_eaba7ef2e0.jpg

She has such a cute smile on her face. What an adorable girl!

Up next is Haruka Suzumiya from the anime Rumbling Hearts. (Also known as Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien.) I got this figure before I got the anime DVDs, so I was surprised to find that she doesn't appear at all like this in the anime. I think there was an alternate universe version of the anime that was only released in Japan that this figure might have been based off of, but I don't know. In any case, she's a total cutie!

4553294138_a915d12d2a.jpg

The posing of these girls is always so crazy! I couldn't imagine kneeling down with my leg off to the side like that without pulling a muscle

4552656063_d46bd1a9e4.jpg

Yes, another bikini figure, but I have a thing for the healthy-looking ones, I guess. My favorite part of the figure is where the top of her left leg meets her hip. The bikini bottom kind of disappears right there. I also like the sweet facial expression she has. What a cute smile She looks so warm and happy. I also like how her body interacts with the stand. The stand is notable in and of itself. Look at the trace in the sand left by her finger!

4552656105_4c6389228a.jpg

A shot from behind. Her hair is nicely sculpted, and I love how a little bit of it is blowing off to the side. And you've got to watch out for those windy days while wearing hats!

The last one is Akira. She's the 26th and final Bome figure. I think she's from a manga, but it was never released outside Japan to my knowledge. I found her at a comic book store, and I thought she was so cute that I had to give her a good home

4553294250_825f52a785.jpg

She's a very leggy girl, but this figure also has a more intricate outfit than my other figures. Her hair is also the most complex of all of them. Have a look at those shoes! There will be more pics of them later, but I always liked her shoes

4553294290_8cc31aa3e2.jpg

You can see the buttons on her top as well as a number of bows. I think she's my most bow-adorned girl. Her hair is a work of art. I don't know how they make it, but they do well. And she's another girl of mine that has a lovely smile

4553294328_104fd69cfc.jpg

I just love the big bow on her lower back. It's the cutest thing!

4553294386_a56eb2d5f8.jpg

4552656313_173452d8a4.jpg

Finally a couple shots of the shoes. They're simple and cute. Not too high, and not too flashy. I also like the socks she's wearing. Looks kind of like dancer socks. Any excuse to put more bows is okay with me!

I wasn't into PVC figures very long before I got into dolls. I like dolls more, to be honest, and I'm not as big a fan of anime as I used to be, so there aren't as many figures that interest me anymore.

Chuplayer

Thank you, mitsuki! I'm glad you like them

littlebearries

Have I mentioned, I love Yotsuba?

6006291862_7fe96d19f4_b.jpg

:D and 0_0

7782845246_e35680d49e_o.png

baldylox
Have I mentioned, I love Yotsuba?

Ahhhhh! You got her in! Sweet! I got mine in too and already took pics of her being opened up by 2 of my girls. Pics to come this weekend!

And I also love Yotsuba! That manga is the best thing ever. I have re-read all 8 issues I have at least 3 times now. I have Volume 9 but have put off reading it until I finish my other manga. I savor every second of reading Yotsuba!

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Galvatim

I haven't read Yotsuba, but it sounds like maybe I should...

I've been collecting Mattel's new line of figures based on the original muscle-bound meddler, He-man!

6007247785_5b74dcfbec.jpg

001 by galvatim, on Flickr

Battle Cat is pretty cool, since he's posable!

mitsuki

I haven't read Yotsuba&! either. I like her bright green hair. Your figures are so cute!

That is an awesome He-Man and Battle Cat!

baldylox

If you haven't read Yotsuba! then you're missing out on some excellent slice of life comedy. The whole series is basically written thru the eyes of a 6 year old girl in Japan. So everything is seen with new eyes and wonder. Day to day things are presented so well and the situations Yotsuba gets herself into are the same ones we all did as well when we were little.

Plus, you get awesome facial expressions in the manga like this:

6006630217_28265da8f5_z.jpg

Everyone wins!

Billy

Galvatim

I'll have to check out Yotsuba! I've been thinking about getting the Danboard Revoltech, too. Woukld look cool with my South Park Awesom-o figure.

Haha, thanks, Mitsuki! He-man and the Masters of the Universe was such a fun, crazy toyline when I was a kid! Battle Cat is cool just for being talking, green tiger with yellow stripes!

baldylox
I'll have to check out Yotsuba! I've been thinking about getting the Danboard Revoltech, too. Woukld look cool with my South Park Awesom-o figure.

Haha, thanks, Mitsuki! He-man and the Masters of the Universe was such a fun, crazy toyline when I was a kid! Battle Cat is cool just for being talking, green tiger with yellow stripes!

Than Danbo figure is the only one in the lineup I dont have yet. So far they have only released figures for the following characters:

Yotsuba

Fuuka

Ena

Danbo

There are plenty of variants on Fuuka tho, like 3 or 4 of them. 2 different Yotsubas as well.

And I forgot to mention last time but that Battle Cat is awesome! I had the old one back in the 80's and he had NO articulation at all. So seeing a new one with some posability is pretty cool.

Billy

Chuplayer

I just got this earlier today. It's a PC Engine Duo-R. It's the Japanese version of the TurboGrafx-16/Turbo Duo video game console from the early 90s. This Duo-R is similar to the US-released Turbo Duo.

6023485273_ee0ebaaa98_z.jpg

Donna stands next to all the PC Engine stuff I have so far. Two controllers, an American TurboGrafx CD game, and the console itself.

6023485315_9fa6f48532_z.jpg

She inserted my only game, Last Alert, into the drive bay. The laser in the drive is new.

6024041050_6cfea5cb7e_z.jpg

Donna checks out the HuCard port. She sees the Japanese HuCard/American TurboChip region selector switch. (I don't have any HuCard games yet, but I have a couple from both regions on their way.)

6023485407_34ebdbcef5_z.jpg

She sits on the console and plays some Last Alert. Save the world, Donna!

Suzuna

Here's my little dollfie! She's on a mini body. Her name is Aria~ I'm still trying out Obitsu's decals to find one that fits her. These aren't bad, but as my fiance says, from far off they make her look "derpy".

irwKC.jpg

Chuplayer

Thank you, mitsuki!

Suzuna, your Aria is wonderful I hope you can remake her into your vision of perfection really soon.