Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Averis

What Anime are you watching?

I am anime crazy right now. I am watching Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-Kun (Highly recommend), Sailor Moon (Highly recommend too), K-ON! (So cute!)

RainyNights

Hubby and I were watching BNHA together and since Cardcaptor Sakura is out on Netflix, I have been slowly rewatching it.

finnleo

Recently added bluray sets to the rewatch-pile ..

Worldend -- This one really really stabs you on the rewatch... not that Scarborough fair right at the beginning on the first watch was a hint of something...

Gundam - Iron Blood orphans eps 1-50  --  Despite having a peculiar whiff of yaoi in it... if you ever plan on watching one gundam, make it this Gundam. went over Gundam Seed as my favorite.

Haruhi Suzumiya S1 & 2 -- As a bit of a effort in modernizing some pieces of my collection, the master of disaster is still quality entertainment at least for the first season ... the second season taking a bit of a hit due to part of the story reserved for it being lifted for the Movie... Nagato is still best girl.

Goblinslayer -- Doomguy meets Karl Urbans Judge dredd in a midevil setting -- still not for the faint of heart, especially without the blackouts.

Current streams:

Rent-a-girlfriend -- Rather nice witty relationship humor in this one, plus the production values are nice ... dont watch if you dont like to see scheming girls...

RainGun T S2 -- going through the moments before Index III, nothing to write home about yet in the latter part of this, but its still Railgun

Lovecomedy snafu finale -- watching this since I watched the previous seasons ... and yet I got it mixed up badly with memories of Haganai ... wonder why...

Re:Zero Season 2 -- ... it... is... back ...

Miruna

I just finished watching "Pet". It was incredible imo, truly a breath of fresh air. I am now re-watching the original Sailor Moon anime and watching Hypnosis Mic.

finnleo

Most recent bluray additions have been:

Saga of Tanya the evil -- Psychopath atheist salaryman turned fairyesc soldier having to pray to god to be good at what she does. ... not for the faint of heart.

Zombie land Saga -- very much the polar opposite of the previous entry, and jolly good undead comedy.

Streams:

slim pickings on the crunchy side of things for me (I find it rather displeasing that the latest strike witches was available in every other nordic country ... but here)

Dogeza -- Tomokazu Sugita at his best.

Danmachi 3 -- the story continues, though ... but cant help but seems to have just gone with the stream of monmusume trend, as a quick solution of not knowing where to really go next.

Sports climbing -- Nothing special, typical sports anime, though I like that for once the heroine has some pre-emptive skills for the task instead of being a natural born genious .. even though she sort of is...

Tonikawa -- A western produced vanilla flavored marshmallow ... without any appealing art ... but I sort of want to see where this take on the tsukihime legend goes.

finnleo

Another anime season, another set of picks from maybe not so slim pickings this time:

Uma musume pretty derby seconds -- picks up to advertise the mobile game that just came out. comparable to a sports anime still, but oddly enough seems to have some substance to it after everything.

Re:Zero Season 2 part 2 -- This series is either setting up for even more greatness or a great let down, so far its still the former ... also EMT getting more competition with Echidna.

Quituplets seconds -- Ramping up the story from basic loveydovey to a bit more serious motions, i have mixed feelings, on the other hand its all fun and games, untill four will end up hurt ... unless they do some weird timewarp episodes ala Yosuga no sora.

Yurucamp Seconds -- Slow life anime at its best ... or worst if you want to look it that way ... oddly enough the Roomcamp miniseries that was done in between the more serious efforts fell short badly, but the main events still are quite soothing to watch .. although speaking of the roomcamp thing, the latest special episode ... what happened to Rin's hair?

Hidden Dungeon -- seems to be a bit of a parody one this ... so will have to judge it at such, filler item with Yui Horie with a character that does not move one bit .. which is weird in itself I guess.

Non Non biyori Seconds - More slow life stuff -- More random life stuff -- more oh Fuuuuuuu--! moments. and I still wonder I can like this but not azumanga daioh.

EX-Arm -- A series that Im probably watching out of morbid curiosity, since aparently the production team didnt understand that the only series to get away with RWBY level animation quality ir RWBY ... amusingly the occasional still frame animated bits look a lot better than the 3DCG ... original artwork is somewath appealing at least.

Slime Seconds -- Will get back to this eventually... but in the meantime I have something better in the same theme ... which is...

So Im a Spider - So what?  -- This thing relied entirely its first few episodes on the talent of Aoi Yuki ... and she does shine in this one ... whats better the obvious Slime reincarnate parody is starting to show signs of actual serious plot... although all things considered, I guess we wont be seeing much of Kumoko's arachnea form that I accidentally spoiled myself to while imageboarding...

Also lots of rewatches out of the bluray shelf.. too many to list actually ..

yumyumsalad

Unbreakable Machine Doll - Watching mainly because I wanted the Yaya DD when I was younger, but I currently like the series! It makes me want Yaya even more :(

Rozen Maiden - My third time rewatching this series. It's my favorite!

Chobits - Chii is adorable :,)

I plan to also finish Rosario Vampire, since I started when I was like 7 and NEVER even got to season 2 (do they have a season 2?-)

Chilmark

I've been watching Wonder Egg Priority and I love it! It's similar to Madoka Magica in that it deals with realistic fears/psych/interiority within the frame of a magical girl story, but luridly colorful and surreal where Madoka's world was dark and grim. It is carefully and beautifully made (and it makes me want Dollfie Dream eyes with golden pupils!)

• Like 1

moerunamida

Kimetsu no Yaiba (Demon Slayer). Just watched Mugen Train online and I was absolutely floored by it and the music.

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

Chiakisenpai

I've been enjoying Re:zero Season 2 and I just rewatched the movie Maquia (I cried so hard, it's so emotional~)

Mega Negi

Log Horizon finally reboots after a long hiatus (author got busted for tax evasion) One of the voice actors had to be recast because the original passed away. New OP this time, which will take some getting used to. S1 and 2 used a hard driving track from Man With A Mission which set the bar high. This is a short season, so things are moving swiftly.

Tasuke
On 2/26/2021 at 1:18 PM, yumyumsalad said:

Chobits - Chii is adorable :,)

one of my own top favorites~

Chobits%20Colle%20JOHN%201-16-15_zps96fo

• Like 1

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

hanasori

Not an anime but I finished watching Stephen King's The Mist movie last night because someone mentioned it while I was browsing the Shingeki no Kyojin subreddit. I liked it a lot and the ending too despite the lack of progression that led to the conclusion IMO. I'm about to start Another the anime. I'm a bit lost what to read after AoT is over. I'm waiting for more Made in Abyss and am going to binge the AoT anime once it all comes out. I heard Chainsaw Man was good? Maybe I should complete My Roommate is a Cat. I recall liking the manga but only about 13 chapters have been translated back then. If anybody has recommendations for anime like Parasyte or a good horror genre I would appreciate it very much.(open to real crime podcasts/shows too) :) 

Irulazuli

I want to watch Yuru Camp soon (pre-ordered the kimono figures of the main characters so I feel obliged to watch more than the first episode - which I liked a lot). The last anime I've watched was Place Further than the Universe - I loved the story and characters, and it made me want to go on a vacation to the polar belt someday ^^' I would like to watch the Madoka Magica side story anime, but right now it's too much effort to find it (as it is not available in my region on Crunchyroll).

Meowjima

I'm trash.  

spacer.png

• Haha 1

ItsMeMichelle

This season I am watching, yuru camp, non non biyori, jobless reincarnation, so I'm a spider so what?, cells at work code black and the promised neverland and horimiya. 

Enjoying them all, but knowing my luck next season there won't be anything that I like, which is how following anime by what's on that season goes

ItsMeMichelle
16 hours ago, Meowjima said:

I'm trash.  

spacer.png

But it's great trash! 

ItsMeMichelle
On 3/2/2021 at 5:58 PM, hanasori said:

Not an anime but I finished watching Stephen King's The Mist movie last night because someone mentioned it while I was browsing the Shingeki no Kyojin subreddit. I liked it a lot and the ending too despite the lack of progression that led to the conclusion IMO. I'm about to start Another the anime. I'm a bit lost what to read after AoT is over. I'm waiting for more Made in Abyss and am going to binge the AoT anime once it all comes out. I heard Chainsaw Man was good? Maybe I should complete My Roommate is a Cat. I recall liking the manga but only about 13 chapters have been translated back then. If anybody has recommendations for anime like Parasyte or a good horror genre I would appreciate it very much.(open to real crime podcasts/shows too) :) 

If you like my room mate is a cat you might love a man and his cat (manga) 

hanasori
4 hours ago, ItsMeMichelle said:

If you like my room mate is a cat you might love a man and his cat (manga) 

I enjoyed it. The unexpected bonus was all the cat tax in the comments section of the manga too. I love cats so much.

ItsMeMichelle
2 hours ago, hanasori said:

I enjoyed it. The unexpected bonus was all the cat tax in the comments section of the manga too. I love cats so much.

I could have honestly cried when he's holding fukumaru in the pet shop and says that he wants him for himself 😭

hanasori
23 hours ago, ItsMeMichelle said:

I could have honestly cried when he's holding fukumaru in the pet shop and says that he wants him for himself 😭

I may have shed a tear or two at that part. 🥲 I'm a sucker for these types of series. 

DivinitaAria

All caught up on Fruits Basket (2019) and now excitedly waiting for the final season! Just started Horimiya as well. Not sure how I'm feeling about it though.

Rise- DD Rise | Mariska? - DD01 |Momo/Momoko - DD MOMO | Nayuki - DD Mikuru | Shiori???? - DD Kos Mos

Wishlist:MDD Louise, DD Rise, MDD Maria

Subaru

At work we're watching Black Lagoon, Re:Zero, Jobless Reincarnation and a few other series I can't remember exactly.

My wallet needs a vacation 💸
spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy

RoseEtoile

That time I was reincarnated as a slime! which I 'm really enjoying 😄 I'm also rewatching cardcaptor sakura with my girlfriend  because she hasn't seen it.

Tasuke

just got off the complete CCS series myself a couple months back, first time viewing, beyond about ep. 12 or so.

would've ideally preferred the NIS deluxe Blu-Ray set,

but just couldn't bring myself to justify the price premium it commands these days...

Cardcaptor_Sakura_NIS_Complete_3-13-21_R

cardcaptor_sakura_complete_premium_blura

cardcaptor_sakura_complete_premium_blura

Edited by Tasuke

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png