The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Aile

Dollfie Dream Ranka and Sheryl announced!

Nanoza

Congratulations to whoever love macross frontier! fortunately, I have no need of them. woohoo!

Soenatte

;;v;; this is the most exciting thing for me... in like ever. I love Macross, I grew up with the earlier series and Robotech so this plays right in my nostalgia feels xD Totally rooting for Ranka here~

DDH07: Naoshin | Yui: Eclaire | DDH10: Noah | DDH01: Mafuyu P-chan: He Tian | Hime-Ane: Millefeuille

Kaito: Sora | DDH01: Astraia Tiamat: Ravus | DDH08: Alto  DDHo9: Leilani DDH07: Fyodor

Yukamina

I watched and enjoyed Macross Frontier (for the most part, some things I didn't like >.<), so I'm excited to see how these two turn out ^^ Especially Ranka, I like her style more than Sheryl.

yLLiS

I'm watching Macross Frontier now so I can familiarize myself with the girls because just seeing the picture made me think I wanted Ranka and I knew nothing about her. XD

DivinitaAria

I'm really excited to see pictures of these two. I just know I'll cave and enter for one >.> I can only afford one, but which I don't know haha!

Rise- DD Rise | Mariska? - DD01 |Momo/Momoko - DD MOMO | Nayuki - DD Mikuru | Shiori???? - DD Kos Mos

Wishlist:MDD Louise, DD Rise, MDD Maria

la_

Today the DD blog said they'll debut Sheryl and Ranka at a Macross 7 event on October 19. Not much longer to wait.

DivinitaAria
Today the DD blog said they'll debut Sheryl and Ranka at a Macross 7 event on October 19. Not much longer to wait.

Yayyyy! Can't wait to see them !

Rise- DD Rise | Mariska? - DD01 |Momo/Momoko - DD MOMO | Nayuki - DD Mikuru | Shiori???? - DD Kos Mos

Wishlist:MDD Louise, DD Rise, MDD Maria

Cauldroness

Hmmm, according the blog it might be a slightly longer wait. When you run it through Google translate, it says: ""fashionable Macross 7" has been held from Friday, October 17, but the exhibition of DD will be from the 21st."

So we might have to wait until 10/21?

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

creationdss87
Looks like there's now a pre-order site up -- just the poster so far:

http://www.volks.co.jp/macrossf/

I really hope Ranka is a true tan-skin girl. From the illustration, it looks like she should be.

I agree with you, from the pictures, Ranka looks tan, gosh I really hope they will release her in tan x_x That would be amazing!

Pihlajakoto

If Sheryl is mature girl like Alna and Ranka is tanned I'd want them both. Lucky for me they're pre-order so there is a chance to get them both

My blog Pihlajakoto

Jezrah

I may be interested if Ranka is tan. But I wouldn't put it past Volks to just make her NS and then have Sheryl be SWS to make Ranka look darker in comparison. But for the sake of tan skin love it would really be awesome to have a tan preorder girl. Maybe the number of orders for her would give them an inkling of how much love and desire there is for tan.

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

redxmaverick

I really hope Ranka is tan so it will be an excuse to make tan parts! We need another tan girl besides Kanu.

I'm thinking Sheryl may be like Alna. Semi-white and DDdy.

la_
I really hope Ranka is tan so it will be an excuse to make tan parts!

Well if they're making all the IM@S girls they need a tan DDS anyways once they get to Hibiki. This just gives them a year to get the dye formula right.

Soenatte

Guys, have you even watched Macross? >_>; Ranka is most definitely not tan. She's going to be NS and Sheryl will be WS/SWS...

DDH07: Naoshin | Yui: Eclaire | DDH10: Noah | DDH01: Mafuyu P-chan: He Tian | Hime-Ane: Millefeuille

Kaito: Sora | DDH01: Astraia Tiamat: Ravus | DDH08: Alto  DDHo9: Leilani DDH07: Fyodor

Cauldroness

I've seen enough clips of Macross to judge for myself, and in my opinion, Ranka does have enough brownish hue to her skin that she could qualify as a tan release. Kanu was never very dark when she was animated, and she ended up a tan release, too! So I will continue to hope that Ranka is tan until the final photos are released.

la_
Guys, have you even watched Macross? >_>; Ranka is most definitely not tan. She's going to be NS and Sheryl will be WS/SWS...

Her skin colour varies pretty heavily, but she does have a bit of a tan in the TV series. (I can't remember the movie palette for her right now.) It's far more pronounced in promo art though. I guess it depends on what Volks decides to match.

Innocentsake

My husband was the one who introduced me to Super Dimensional Fortress Macross when we first got together. At first I wasn't sure if it was the kind of series I would like, but it completely won me over as did all the other series in the Macross franchise. Ranka is my favorite from Macross Frontier so I'm pretty excited to see how she & Sheryl will look in DD form. For extra outfits I would love for them to do Ranka's Nyan Nyan restaurant outfit

Will I pre-order either of them? Ah... After pre-ordering Seraphina (Saber Nero) I told myself I wouldn't ever do another pre-order girl unless she was a must have. So far I haven't needed any of the girls that have been offered as pre-orders since The Sabers, but who knows~ At least pictures will be coming out soon Now if the extra outfits are awesome then I will definitely pre-order those because I don't mind waiting so long for outfits.

I also agree that Ranka can be seen as having a mild tan and even more so in promotional art like la_ pointed out. Everyone's definition of tan will be different so in the end we'll just have to wait for the pictures to come out. If she comes out tan that would be really awesome and if not she'll still be cute in NS. For Ranka's body I think she'll be a DDS with S-Bust. For Sheryl I think they would do her in NS or SWS and put her on either a DDIII with L-Bust or DDdy if they want to amp up her sexy factor

foo

I never considered Ranka tan (・・')

The Macross series is my favourite anime, but I'm not compelled to get these yet. I haven't seen a depiction of Sheryl in merchandise that I like (she typically looks way too flashy/gaudy). I'm interested of course about how these turn out, but I really hope I don't love them

Sheryl is also 17, I wouldn't expect her to be L-bust or DDdy. I wouldn't be too surprised if I'm completely wrong though

la_
I never considered Ranka tan (・・')

The Macross series is my favourite anime, but I'm not compelled to get these yet. I haven't seen a depiction of Sheryl in merchandise that I like (she typically looks way too flashy/gaudy). I'm interested of course about how these turn out, but I really hope I don't love them

Sheryl is also 17, I wouldn't expect her to be L-bust or DDdy. I wouldn't be too surprised if I'm completely wrong though

I agree with you about merch. I feel like they also never get her face right in figures.

I'm honestly not sure what they'll do with her chest/body. You get art like this (TV series) where her chest looks like an M-bust, but most of her idol outfits look like they'd use an L-shapely. I also think they made her chest larger in the movies. Same with her hips, they look like a DDIII in her usual clothes, but like Dynamite in her idol outfits. I guess we'll see what Volks decides to go with.

ayanenana13

why do i think that they are going to look similar to Kosmos and Momo?

23413354654_5918c24cf2_t.jpg

Ayane Nana

Innocentsake

@foo & la_: Totally agreeing with you both on never having seen a Sheryl figure that I felt I needed to have... that actually goes the same for Ranka. I'm just really picky with faces so if I don't think the face looks spot on I won't get it even if the rest of the figure is fabulous~ Sheryl's outfits do tend to be rather flashy in a way I don't care for. There are definitely many more Ranka outfits that I love than Sheryl outfits.

I'm glad that we'll be seeing pictures of these girls soon because there are so many possibilities since all the different medias (TV/Movies/Art) depict the physical aspects of these girls all a bit differently~

Curious what their default sets will be They could always go the school uniform route for both of them though to me that would be a bit boring. For casual outfits they could put Ranka in her cute one piece yellow dress with the blue trim & matching scarf. For Sheryl I would love if they put her in that lovely teal tunic & shorts with headband that she wore in Episode 6 "Star Date" when she had Alto show her around town. So many different idol outfits for both though for Ranka I would think that the yellow/orange dress she wears for the Miss Macross Contest would be up there~ For Sheryl maybe the outfit from the concert in Episode 1. But maybe they would do the idol outfits as the extra outfits as they would be more elaborate.

I'm having way too much fun thinking up all the possibilities for things hehe

Aile

looks like DD Ranka and Sheryl will be displayed in two days :o

http://ameblo.jp/blog-dd/entry-11939795606.html

CREW:

Haruna (Alter V2 remakeup ver) ☆ Nyx (Rise remakeup ver) ☆ Senka (Rise ) ☆ Aila (DDH-01) ☆ Nero (Saber Extra) ☆ Sora (Miku) ☆ Anemone (Sasara V2) ☆ Beauvoir (Sheryl Nome Remakep ver) ☆ Nymnir Nyven (Yuriko & Liliru) ☆ Jeanne D' Arc ☆ Y'shtola ☆ Leucothea (2b Remakeup ver) 

IG

Cauldroness
looks like DD Ranka and Sheryl will be displayed in two days :o

http://ameblo.jp/blog-dd/entry-11939795606.html

It sounds like it will be in four days?

※「オシャレマクロス7」は10 月17 日(金)より開催されていますが、

DDの展示は21日からとなります。

※21日に限り、展示が始まるのは午後くらいからの見込みです。

Translated:

※ "fashionable Macross 7" but has been held from Friday, October 17,

Exhibition of DD will be from the 21st.

only the 21st, exhibition begins it is expected from the long afternoon.

Aile

woops my bad ;; I heard from my friend it was in two days so I assumed that was it.

CREW:

Haruna (Alter V2 remakeup ver) ☆ Nyx (Rise remakeup ver) ☆ Senka (Rise ) ☆ Aila (DDH-01) ☆ Nero (Saber Extra) ☆ Sora (Miku) ☆ Anemone (Sasara V2) ☆ Beauvoir (Sheryl Nome Remakep ver) ☆ Nymnir Nyven (Yuriko & Liliru) ☆ Jeanne D' Arc ☆ Y'shtola ☆ Leucothea (2b Remakeup ver) 

IG