The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Aile

Dollfie Dream Ranka and Sheryl announced!

Yukamina

I don't think Ranka looks like Momo... to me she's more like a cross between Akira and Aoko. From her character art, though, Momo would be a good sculpt for her.

JChiibs

A little bit to my surprise, Raven gave me the thumbs up on both girls. (as long as they have the same preorder terms that they have the last couple of years.)

I'll be glad to know what body type Sheryl is, I keep thinking she's a DD, but those boobs are huge... and I wonder if it is a DDdy L bust. On the one hand I hope it is a DD because then I'd only need two more parts to make it male, but if it is a DDdy, then I'd totally use it for Dakota's sister who has been planned for a very long time. Plus I'm trying to figure out if they are both NS, SWS, or one of both like KosMos & Momo were.

Do we know yet when preorders open? (I've been out of the loop for a long time.)

And also to Sister Kyoya, there's a scene in the second movie for Frontier in the first concert that has Sheryl being a man.

HAHAHAHA! Too funny!

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

Minty

I made this to get a better idea of how similar/dissimilar Ranka and MOMO are and thought it might be worth posting here.

RankaandMOMO_zps874ee871.png

Ranka seems to have a pointier chin and slimmer nose than MOMO.

foo
foo I think that bump is just the ball joint. So even if they made high heel feet, it'd still show.

Well yes, but the point is if they made proper high heeled feet they'd fix that too.

baldylox

I really like Ranka, she's almost to-the-letter-perfect for the anime look and style. Sheryl on the other hand looks a bit tired.... like she's been doing marathon events and shows for weeks on end. I think it's her eye makeup that makes her look like that tho.

As for the body on Sheryl, she's either the newer single torso L-bust body like Arisa has or she's a regular DD L-bust and her back is just arched way back to make her boobs look bigger. Altho AsianEd and I also think Volks might be releasing a new Semi Large Semi Shapely Bust...... not quite an M-bust but not quite an L. Not quite the squished Shapely look but not quite the regular L-bust either. LOL

I don't have any need or want for either of these girls but I know loads of others are and I do sincerely hope this next thought of mine is way wrong...... but has anyone considered that we may not be able to get them over in North America due to all the crazy licensing issues with Macross? I don't think any of those things have been cleared up yet so if that's true, won't these girls be preorder only for Japan/Asia just like the Touhou girls were? That would seriously suck for the fans over here in the US and Canada.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

chibinezumi

Sold on dat Ranka. So cute. But then, I always seem to gravitate to those imouto types. Sheryl is looking quite nice as well, but more face pics will help with a solid decision. I hope she has a special type of body like seamless or a new bust style!

I am hoping since the lotteries are going to be from VolksJP only there is no licensing issue. Looking forward to more info on these two!

I say pre-orders are like a no-brainer gimme, especially if you have a 0 win rate at lotteries. So if its a doll/dolls you like or are interested in, save that money to throw at Volks! (Imagining continuous wads of cash being chucked at volks employees)

foo
but has anyone considered that we may not be able to get them over in North America due to all the crazy licensing issues with Macross? I don't think any of those things have been cleared up yet so if that's true, won't these girls be preorder only for Japan/Asia just like the Touhou girls were? That would seriously suck for the fans over here in the US and Canada.

There's never been a problem importing stuff, it just means Volks USA won't get it. Even then, aside from the original series they only have trademark rights to the word 'Macross' and a couple others like 'U.N. Spacy'. They didn't get the right to own derivative works of the original because a court decided that Studio Nue retains the rights to the intellectual property itself.

For Touhou I think ZUN just didn't want Touhou stuff released outside of Japan at the time.

HardCandy13

I really hope its the one piece torso, just with some slight bump to suggest nipples this time! Seeing it perfectly round without any suggestion of any bumps makes me feel uncomfortable..

Sheryl doesn't look like a DDY the more I look at her. I mean, other than the larger bust, everything else looks like regular DD. The thighs look too thin to be DDY to me, so I think Baldylox may be on to something here.

Galvatim

I don't expect Volks USA to offer either of these dolls. Harmony Gold went after Big Bad Toy Store for selling imported Macross goods, a d even Hasbro for painting a GI Joe jet fighter to look like Jetfire, the Transformer toy that used the old Valkyrie mold. Even if they are in the wrong, Harmony Gold would sue Volks USA...

Soenatte

Well, it seems that i have settled on Ranka even if subconsciously. I keep saying "when we order Sheryl and Ranka" to Shai, so I guess I'm ready to place my order together with Shai whenever we decide to. A DDS will be a pleasant change since everyone else is/will be "taller" here XP

DDH07: Naoshin | Yui: Eclaire | DDH10: Noah | DDH01: Mafuyu P-chan: He Tian | Hime-Ane: Millefeuille

Kaito: Sora | DDH01: Astraia Tiamat: Ravus | DDH08: Alto  DDHo9: Leilani DDH07: Fyodor

jadepixel
Sheryl doesn't look like a DDY the more I look at her. I mean, other than the larger bust, everything else looks like regular DD. The thighs look too thin to be DDY to me, so I think Baldylox may be on to something here.

Yeah, I've got a DD L-bust on my desk at the moment and Sheryl's bust looks different, more like the DDy but not quiet. A new 'glamorous' type L-bust? Something special to work with her outfit like the one Alisa got? We should know soon at least

baldylox
There's never been a problem importing stuff, it just means Volks USA won't get it. Even then, aside from the original series they only have trademark rights to the word 'Macross' and a couple others like 'U.N. Spacy'. They didn't get the right to own derivative works of the original because a court decided that Studio Nue retains the rights to the intellectual property itself.

I wasn't sure how all that stuff went and since no one else seemed to be asking about it, I figured I would. Thanks for the explanation.

For Touhou I think ZUN just didn't want Touhou stuff released outside of Japan at the time.

So was it the same for the Ikki Tousen girls? Those were also exclusives to Japan and not made available over here. Were those also available to buy thru International at the time? I wasn't in the DD hobby back then and details online are sketchy on their release. Just wondering out loud on this one and not trying to stir anything up.

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

foo
So was it the same for the Ikki Tousen girls?

I think the rest of the planet just wasn't worthy.

Skaf
I really like Ranka, she's almost to-the-letter-perfect for the anime look and style. Sheryl on the other hand looks a bit tired.... like she's been doing marathon events and shows for weeks on end. I think it's her eye makeup that makes her look like that tho.

Yeah, I'm not entirely sold on the default faceup of Sheryl either but perhaps it will grow on me. Strongly considering preordering her either way, with an alternative faceup I'm sure I'd absolutely love her.

la_

Yeah, I'm not entirely sold on the default faceup of Sheryl either but perhaps it will grow on me. Strongly considering preordering her either way, with an alternative faceup I'm sure I'd absolutely love her.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm thinking. If I end up hating her face when I get her and it can't be corrected with an alternative faceup, at least I can always sell her head and replace it with Alna's. Looking more closely at her face, I think lighter makeup under her eyes and slightly raising the corners of her mouth would make her perfect. I can't decide if she looks neutral or slightly shocked. Sheryl's very outspoken and shows her emotions, this blank expression just doesn't fit her character.

Suzuna

I want to get Sheryl and turn her into Zelda so badly it hurts.

Crashrobot

Both of the girls are gorgeous but the one I want the most is Ranka. Ranka has a soft playful look to her. She would definitely get along with my girls . Sheryl is heavenly gorgeous because she reminds me of matured version of Alna. I might even get both girls.

Amara77

I had always thought Alna would make a good Skyward Sword Zelda. Sheryl has a similar look to Alna.

DOOOOO IIIITT!!

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

JChiibs

I had always thought Alna would make a good Skyward Sword Zelda. Sheryl has a similar look to Alna.

DOOOOO IIIITT!!

Raven and I 2nd and 3rd this! It would really be awesome!

The more I look at the girls, the more I'm finding them wrapping me around their fingers. I like how Sheryl looks and have other uses for most of her stuff, but its an odd feeling not getting attached to her like I did KosMos simply because its hard to see the boy under all the fluff and boobs. Without a shadow of a doubt though, the head is about as perfect as I could have wanted.

Ranka has honestly been the wild card. At first I took her looking very similar to MOMO as a negative thing, but the more I look at the pics (again and again!) I keep hearing myself talk to Raven about when he couldn't decide if he wanted MOMO or not. I told him if she were mine, I'd change almost everything about her, except maybe her face. Slowly I've remembered what I had thought about doing (essentially an anti-MOMO.) Now seeing Ranka, she really looks like what I would have done with MOMO, even down to that odd color of hair that I love!

I've been thinking about the characters that they will be for me, and if Bree & Sohi weren't odd enough as it is, their brother is going to be a handful himself. As if we need more oddities in our house of weirdos on top of the vampire, witch, Ralph, fairy, ghost, gnome fanatic, idol, and a diva, Ranka just adds to the pile with her half-goblin genetics...

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

Syu_Akagi

I'll get both of them without any reason!

Coming Soon ...

Hitoma

I can't wait to see more pictures of Sheryl. I've been stalking this thread non-stop to see if there's more pictures of her. I'm highly considering buying her.

I don't own any DDs (only resin/SD dolls), so she would be my first "official" dollfie dream. Since the wait period to get her is most likely going to be a year, I'll end up getting another DD by that time.

I haven't watched Macross Frontier (never got around to it), so I would be buying Sheryl for her sculpt. I would want to change parts of her face up, like her eyebrows and lower eyelashes. I just really hope I can be able to purchase her.

ShylRnka_zps76mt4rzv.png

HardCandy13

Im more interested in knowing about Sheryl's body sculpt honestly, Im on pins and needles to get some information!

Im really hoping its a new bust for the DD on a one piece torso (between the M and L as others have speculated). I like that the cleavage isn't pushed up to her neck lol.

bethykins

More stolen Twitter pictures

26C4BA29-ED95-4AF7-AE51-98D05B9665FE.jpg

9F7458F7-4136-4E94-98EC-1BB9955D8F00.jpg

CF172EEE-924A-417F-A970-6407C8D178E5.jpg

6B71337E-0B5B-4B17-A62D-8FDCA537E2B3.jpg

ADD74960-3E19-43BC-B0D5-DF9478358313.jpg

7AAFE838-FE46-4CA3-A511-291913EDFAA8.jpg

B783EDC0-6B09-45A4-9B87-9652DDA07E73.jpg

DEE4E273-B69B-4AE0-8513-F6E14EDE783E.jpg

410D1DB5-3BDE-4616-8C15-B60AAF5A753D.jpg

B4C482A2-876E-4AD7-B031-DE2055C8EB25.jpg

F9188846-2350-4A38-AAA0-92E15FC73E00.jpg

6E9D0414-3FEE-470B-8638-18A5C99E2360.jpg

2A20FA78-D3A9-4ACE-8323-1E77398B2A5A.jpg

957C0BD4-1115-41B1-84EB-8B520B4FE109.jpg

0932ED75-279F-4D44-8E5B-835A9B06439A.jpg

BAD30C18-033A-4A53-9060-C7432D667C94.jpg

537EFD84-8225-444A-9D41-98763DF890C4.jpg

D17E1781-7975-4194-A562-86A173FB5023.jpg

BA1971A3-22CE-4B70-8B91-FD5425A010B1.jpg

668311C6-5E6B-46E6-969B-35DED30DE51E.jpg

32851BF5-4BCC-438C-9967-620FA7C925C8.jpg

E8B92E0F-CE01-4F47-B8FB-53DF16E964C2.jpg

195ABF61-C593-4444-B51A-7C87E030AE5E.jpg

C7417C75-ABF4-4B43-B6A3-38D4D8F97E5A.jpg

6052B385-4073-44ED-B06A-56C28947D1D9.jpg

B77BD39F-B0A1-428B-9565-A3260DA267E3.jpg

A7D351B0-BDAB-4F9C-9096-275DD62554EF.jpg

B2920565-039A-49F7-908C-D48EEEC0BB54.jpg

B2F353D2-5A72-49FE-BC91-9BB2EFC15CB6.jpg

E3A17092-14DE-41C9-A70A-3D970CC18C8F.jpg

C7A54B75-D1C0-4875-8B12-605B7696E929.jpg

E763BA95-3612-4E87-A401-B81F268CC6C4.jpg

18DFB0F2-BF4F-4801-B6EC-934BAE270DE5.jpg

I have a gorgeous family of DD girls

See my profile for a list of my beauties!!

bethykins

I wanted to post my opinion on the girls in a sperate post to the pictures

After seeing additional pictures I am in love with them both<3 however I do think Sheryl is the nicer mould !

I have a gorgeous family of DD girls

See my profile for a list of my beauties!!

katnaper

I love how both girls look but if I were to get Sheryl, I'd want a different face up for her and I'd turn Ranka into a boy.

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den