Baldylox

MikoAkiko23

what kind of games do ya'll play?

Tasuke

VALKYRIA CHRONICLES (SONY PS4)

06_VC-Cast.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fi

vc_screen1.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fi

• Like 1

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

OhirumenoMuchinoKami
7 hours ago, Roxanne said:

I can totally understand this as I feel the same. I absolutely adore this game and play it actively, but I never was one for multiplayer games and rather expierence things solo. (People could argue this is not the game for me then but that doesn't stop me from enjoying it.) I'm not sure what point of the game you reached or if you already know this; but starting from Shadowbringers you can do any following (so none of the previous sadly) dungeons with NPC's. I've been having a blast with this feature and since I reached this point I have been enjoying the game SO much more! It's amazing what this type of change can do for some people. I used to dread doing a dungeon and would always put it off in previous expansion packs. It was like hell for me. Since the NPC option I've been having so much fun and my only wish is that they would implement this for the previous expansions too. Hopefully one day! They are pretty decent at what they do as well in my opinion. Sure clearing dungeons goes a bit slower but I honestly prefer this as I can really go at my own pace and really take in everything the dungeon has to offer, which has been great.

19 hours ago, sugarbeta said:

If ff14 were more solo friendly I'd still play. I prefer it when MMOs keep multiplayer dungeons separate where the power gamers don't have to deal with me. It's such a bummer that I can't even play through the story without doing them, so I gave up on it.

Lately I'm catching up on some 3DS games I missed when the system was relevant. Right now I'm picking at Mario and Luigi: Dream Team, which is pretty cute. Luigi being the Chosen One solely for being able to take a nap anywhere is very relatable lol.

I'm also getting more into VNs. So far I've got ddlc, katawa shojo, most of higurashi, and hatoful boyfriend (which was amazing). If anyone has recs, I'm all ears!

i have such a problem as well... its not like i prefer to do things alone, but the way the playerbase tends to try rushing the content all the time, and finishing it all as fast as they can makes the multiplayer factor of a MMO very, very, very exhausting and unenjoyable. other aspects as not knowing how to play the instances and how to handle certain situations where you need a specific member of the team to do something makes it all worse. im trying to enjoy it alone, but its getting harder and harder.

i've been looking for people to play together since a closed party with people you know can be more fun. my girlfriend suffers from this as well, two people dont close a party for dungeons and even being half the group, its only necessary one player to ruin it completely.

• Like 1

finnleo

Well.. I suppose some updates are prudent all things considered...

A certain RPG had a bit update, so on december fourth last year a lone miqo'te set off from the guild house:

51724071038_d735cf7e09_b.jpg

ffxiv_04122021_065451_293

And on december 11th was back where they set off gazing across the skies that held quite the adventure:

51738188732_3cb4f8ac4b_b.jpg

ffxiv_11122021_122118_171

And yes... I was endlessly amused about having a moonkeeper.

Some highlights:

51724701620_368b3df68d_b.jpg

ffxiv_04122021_140542_535

51729320913_5b203f13f2_b.jpg

ffxiv_06122021_073910_676

I just love this face:

51738635221_3c2db8a420_b.jpg

ffxiv_10122021_165652_629

Was a bit of an interesting slog, since it was so congested so I had to go all in at around 4am in the morning and pretty much play untill I got fed up... But oh was it worth it ... Yoshida is a madman for managing to keep this story from jumping the shark... .by having walking and jumping sharks.

but recently I've throttled back a bit with FFXIV, because 60 hour work weeks and all, and took me up untill recently to get the five class quests done, with Machinist, Red Mage, Samurai, Warrior and White mage ... of which only the last has gotten a photo-op:

51860706032_c4a7eaea45_b.jpg

ffxiv_04022022_164244_123

A bit of an addition to the Trust system in FFXIV that was mentioned in the last page, it doesent cover the trials for the most part, and only the last trial in Endwalker you can use the trust system for it.

You also need to clear the Crystal Tower raids to access shadowbringers these days so thats also another must do before that expansion.

Only real suggestion I have for people being wary about other people looming over your own performance I would recomend DPS jobs (Yes, White mage is all appealing and all, but after Brayflox, its all downhill...), then if there was something that caught your eye in the dungeons go back and use the tourist mode (not sure did it cover all of the dungeons at the moment though, and obviously there's unsynched when you get to a high enough level)

As a bit of an amusing test before Endwalker dropped, I did a level boost hyur alt from scratch that I managed to solo everything up to the Pool of Tribute in stormblood at level 80, only due to the sword mechanic needing at least two people to clear, and the next roadblock was Zeno-dragon ... technically everything after that up untill Tsukiyomi should have also been soloable with exharchic gear at level 80.But

In other gaming news of things bought off sales, but no time to play

For the PC:

Horizon Zero Dawn (Who ever saw this coming to PC? ... but my word its purdy...)

Mass Effect ultimate

The Bureou (havent touched it, but it was fun on the ps3 at least...)

Factorio (Oh the time sink)

Satisfactory (Same as above, but without the bugs and in 3D)

• Like 1

sugarbeta
14 hours ago, Roxanne said:

I can totally understand this as I feel the same. I absolutely adore this game and play it actively, but I never was one for multiplayer games and rather expierence things solo. (People could argue this is not the game for me then but that doesn't stop me from enjoying it.) I'm not sure what point of the game you reached or if you already know this; but starting from Shadowbringers you can do any following (so none of the previous sadly) dungeons with NPC's. I've been having a blast with this feature and since I reached this point I have been enjoying the game SO much more! It's amazing what this type of change can do for some people. I used to dread doing a dungeon and would always put it off in previous expansion packs. It was like hell for me. Since the NPC option I've been having so much fun and my only wish is that they would implement this for the previous expansions too. Hopefully one day! They are pretty decent at what they do as well in my opinion. Sure clearing dungeons goes a bit slower but I honestly prefer this as I can really go at my own pace and really take in everything the dungeon has to offer, which has been great.

I'm so glad it's not just me being a weirdo! It really is so stressful. I'm not great at nailing my ~rotation~ or figuring out the most efficient way through things, and even though most randos are nice and my old guild was super sweet, I felt like dead weight. I think I'd just finished Realm Reborn and started whatever was after that when I finally burnt out and decided not to pay for any more time. That's great to hear about the NPC option for the latest bit; that team seems to really take in player feedback and try to improve the game.

And yes! Especially for something that's part of the story, I don't want to just zerg rush through it in 5 minutes. I'd like to explore and at least see the scenery and cutscenes.

@OhirumenoMuchinoKami I feel that pain! I was playing a paladin for the aesthetics and solo tankiness, and it turns out some people get extremely weird if you don't tank EXACTLY the way they want (even though they're not playing tank, hmmmm). Running dungeons feels like a part-time job I'm paying for. I honestly couldn't care less if a dungeon takes 5 minutes to clear or 30, I just want to be able to relax after work and not get barked at by strangers. :V

Edited by sugarbeta
added a reply
  • Like 1

Tierparkzone

The recent announcement of Xenoblade 3 prompted me to return to Xenoblade 2's Torna the Golden Country expansion as I had not finished that yet.

I also recently picked up Star Wars Squadrons during a sale. - I would have wished for a couple more single player missions, but the ones that are there are fairly decent. And it's an absolute blast to play with a PSVR.

finnleo
On 2/16/2022 at 12:08 AM, sugarbeta said:

some people get extremely weird if you don't tank EXACTLY the way they want (even though they're not playing tank, hmmmm)

The following is not in any way or form meant as a git gut thing, or fingerwaving, but perhaps a viewpoint on someone who's at current endgame with about 1500 days subscribed

First of all, Fourteen is very free as to what class you can play with a single character. It is actually a lore bonus in shadowbringers that you complete four of the main class type story quests in that expansion (in essance bringing one of each Tank, Healer, Physical DPS and Magical DPS to level 80).

So just to explain, someone who is for example playing DPS in a dungeon could be doing that to level up their secondary jobs while having tanked before (or they are just a career-something that is just used to at least a two pack minimum, but would prefer the whole house in one place)

Also DPS and some offensive healer abilities work better the bigger the group tanks pull at one time (Oh how I miss Aero-3 on WHM ... *sob*).

On the flip side, depending on the level of the dungeon and DPS composition, big pulls might be awkward in lower level places - Worst case scenario in Sastasha the tank might be the only one with an area of effect damage skill -- although it was still a giggle to wall to wall that place as a warrior with a healer that was willing to play ball for that.

On 2/16/2022 at 12:08 AM, sugarbeta said:

Especially for something that's part of the story, I don't want to just zerg rush through it in 5 minutes. I'd like to explore and at least see the scenery and cutscenes.

Unfortunately there are some very impatient people out there, personally if I get the new-clear notification I dont mind waiting for someone to watch the cut-scenes, even the more lenghty one's, like in Totorak and Stone vigil. because if you are doing the endgame tome grind you get more of those, plus wondorous tales retry-points so you are compensated in a way for the trouble.

But I have seen some sticky moves, oddly enough mostly by healers of all classes where they will jump into last boss arena's while someone's watching a scene ... it happens, unfortunately. -- One explanation could be there are people with limited time on their hands (like me for instance) and they have a need to get things done as quickly as possible preferably before the daily tome reset.

But the positive (if you can look it at that way), to repeat, if you feel like one class is eating you up, you are able to freely swap classes in fourteen. And in some cases with less level penalty than others. And swapping classes from Healer to DPS was something that sort of saved my interest in the game at the tail end of stormblood (although it has continued to annoy me in the Deciple of Land/hand side of things quite well).

The cue times are bit of a thing (although currently leveling roulette on Light hasnt been too bad on active hours), but then again which is worse, having a really bad time more quickly, or perhaps at least a tolerable time after waiting a bit more.

As for speedrunning ... there is a certain joy to be had at endgame when you are pounding the levelcap dungeons with people who are quite versed in their jobs ... although you do see certain greed tactics shown there too, but ... eh, its always something...

Also ... how the heck did I manage a endwalker endgame dungeon allstars rank in the top 1500 on machnist on fflogs ...

Edited by finnleo

Rajke

I mostly play the Pokémon franchise and YuGiOh games: Currently Legends Arceus, Duel Links and Master Duel. 

@onion20@   This is a signature.

OhirumenoMuchinoKami
On 2/15/2022 at 7:08 PM, sugarbeta said:

I'm so glad it's not just me being a weirdo! It really is so stressful. I'm not great at nailing my ~rotation~ or figuring out the most efficient way through things, and even though most randos are nice and my old guild was super sweet, I felt like dead weight. I think I'd just finished Realm Reborn and started whatever was after that when I finally burnt out and decided not to pay for any more time. That's great to hear about the NPC option for the latest bit; that team seems to really take in player feedback and try to improve the game.

And yes! Especially for something that's part of the story, I don't want to just zerg rush through it in 5 minutes. I'd like to explore and at least see the scenery and cutscenes.

@OhirumenoMuchinoKami I feel that pain! I was playing a paladin for the aesthetics and solo tankiness, and it turns out some people get extremely weird if you don't tank EXACTLY the way they want (even though they're not playing tank, hmmmm). Running dungeons feels like a part-time job I'm paying for. I honestly couldn't care less if a dungeon takes 5 minutes to clear or 30, I just want to be able to relax after work and not get barked at by strangers. :V

people in that game, and outside are mostly trying to force you to play in a way you dont want... it is as you said, feels like a part time job im paying for.

there is no excuses as for the behavior. the bad side of playing with other people is just that there are plenty types of players and most time we're all not going to stay in the same page. mostly because we dont want to understand the others and want to force our way on others.

gladly, now we can go dungeons with the scions(NPCs) and they are going to add others. so we can leave the rush rush run run power play to the power players.

• Like 1

Pit

ELDEN RING!!!! I would love to see a Dollfie Dream with an outfit or armor from that game

• Like 1

Mariette
On 2/25/2022 at 1:46 PM, Pit said:

ELDEN RING!!!! I would love to see a Dollfie Dream with an outfit or armor from that game

I am loving Elden ring so much!! A Ranni or Melina DD would be so awesome! 

• Like 1

Pit
1 hour ago, Mariette said:

I am loving Elden ring so much!! A Ranni or Melina DD would be so awesome! 

Those chars are very appropiate for a custom outfit. I was just thinking the same, along with Malenia blade of Miquella and Fia.

Edited by Pit
  • Like 1

diastrefo

I was just gifted Elden Ring & cracked it open for a brief hour last night. It's my first Souls-type game, so I know there will be a huge learning curve, but I'm thrilled to dive back into it today after work.

• Like 1

Pit
22 hours ago, diastrefo said:

I was just gifted Elden Ring & cracked it open for a brief hour last night. It's my first Souls-type game, so I know there will be a huge learning curve, but I'm thrilled to dive back into it today after work.

Yes, it's a great learning curve but once you get used to the lot of "you died", traps and bosses, you will see ER is an epic and beautiful game.

• Like 1

battrastard

Just started a few weeks ago, but got "coerced" into Genshin Impact, (thanks, @Poofiemus!!) It's been a blast, though.

Not quite up to Level 10 Adventurer, having issues with the second glider test. Just roaming around, opening teleports. 

No screencaps, though, because I play on my Android phone, and it doesn't play too nicely with my Mac.... 

While Amber might get annoyed about it, I'm having fun just wandering around! 

• Like 2

"Madness takes it's toll, Please have exact change!"

CocosContestHall

Pokémon (Platinum, Ultra Moon, Sword, Legends Arceus), LLSIF (in English), Project Sekai Colorful Stage (EN server) and Tokyo 7th Sisters. 

With a good-sized Japanese vocabulary, I can understand what the characters in some of the games are saying. 

diastrefo
On 4/2/2022 at 7:31 PM, battrastard said:

Just started a few weeks ago, but got "coerced" into Genshin Impact, (thanks, @Poofiemus!!) It's been a blast, though.

Not quite up to Level 10 Adventurer, having issues with the second glider test. Just roaming around, opening teleports. 

No screencaps, though, because I play on my Android phone, and it doesn't play too nicely with my Mac.... 

While Amber might get annoyed about it, I'm having fun just wandering around! 

Wandering around in Genshin is honestly one of my favorite things to do in the game. I love stumbling into the random puzzles scattered about.

• Like 1

Galvatim

51974639596_bf868e3466_c.jpg

Picked this up about 2 weeks ago.  I have since picked up Pokemon Shield, as well.  

• Like 3

LadyLeeLau

Hi all! I'm a newbie here and browsing the forums. Saw this topic and this is one I am definitely all about! XD

I'm a Final Fantasy XIV player of 7 years! MMORPG. Have two dolls customer to look like my character and anothed side character in the game. Future dolls are in the plans in this franchise. 

Working my way through the older FFs, it's hard cause I also wanna go back and play the zelda games. I love Botw and grew up with windwaker. So I wanna go back and play all of the beloved ones! 

Edited by LadyLeeLau

LadyLeeLau
On 4/15/2022 at 1:02 AM, Galvatim said:

51974639596_bf868e3466_c.jpg

Picked this up about 2 weeks ago.  I have since picked up Pokemon Shield, as well.  

Yaaaaaas! I have yet to finish this game, so close though. But I need to before the second one comes out! 

sinclair

Genshin Impact has been pretty much the only thing I've been playing.  It's almost the most perfect game for me.

• Like 1

Roserolls

Genshin Impact has definitely been my main gaming focus recently. I bet you'll never guess who my favorite character is lol.

I mostly prefer casual games like Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons, Pokemon, Rune Factory (unfortunately the new one has been quite a let down imo)

I also like some strategy games like Fire Emblem and the Total War series. I've been thinking about getting Triangle Strategy for awhile now, but I think I'll wait to see if there's a sale.

Pawjamas

Lately I've been playing mostly No Man's Sky and Skyrim. I don't play them regularly, but I have been dabbling in and out since their launches, respectively.
Fallout 4 was a game I was really into for a long time, but since I more or less did everything I wanted to do short of finish the game... Not much left in it for me!

finnleo

hmm.. well.. I was facing a bit of a situation where I knew I would be either sitting for extended periods of time in some kind of transportation system, or just loafing around myself in a nearly empty apartment I decided to dust off my old PS Vita for some portable fun ...

Unfortunately I found out that my 64gig memcard had died (and the prices for even lesser cards now is a bit in the "oh dear" range), and in a dash to reconfigure my vita for my jp PSN account I managed to nuke my store complete Ciel no surge save ... great.

Oh well... despite these shinenigans, I did squeeze some time into the following again:

Persona 4 - Dancing all night.

...Or should I call it P4N - the boobjobs, because seeing Naoto's normal attire with boobs is rather perplexing after so and such time spent with the original P4 game, and also chie and rise seem a bit more curvy than used to -- and amusingly they still include the more flat normal clothes models as added extras.

All in all it still felt like a bit of a cash grab by Sega trying to mish-mash Project Diva with a Atlus brand one way or the other. The illusion and allure of a dance rythm game sort of gets a dent when you realize that no matter how badly you fail with the steps, the coreography just continues as planned. In contrast even Project Diva gives you a empty section in the song if you mess up.

In terms of difficulty it seems a bit more hard than the Project Diva games, with a feeling that the songs are longer that you are doing a 1000m run instead of a 100m sprint. also the rythm game star difficulty rating goes to 20, because why stop at ten like normal people (though I think Taiko no tatsujin did 10+ difficulty too?)

But still... the songs mostly are a bit mediocre, with some of the more recognizable P4 songs like Heartbeat, Heartbeat and backside of the TV being the better efforts.

Nananko is still cute, the midnight shopping channel was amusing to see again, and I managed to kill some time with this quite efficiently.

Still wondered why Volks didnt re-release Rise in the dancing outfit, or a separate clothing set for it, after selling the glasses seprately too.

Ciel no Surge -- Offline

So, despite nuking my save of a story complete state (Still had a fair bit of casual Ion to complete, because I was an idiot and didnt discharge the Sharls into the quezar for a fair bit at first) .. I decided to still restart.

Originally Ciel no surge was an interesting concept, where you just bought the first chapter of a visual novel with an enclosed tamagochi-esque virtual waifu simulator, and in the following two years you would buy more pieces of the story, and at the same time more variety to the virtual Ion. The offline pack being the final send off after the last story DLC came out, combining everything into a Vita game card (although for full voice you need to download them into a separate Vita memory card).

When this "game" was being teased it immediately felt like a continuation to Ar Tonelico. even though it didnt feature the art of Nagi Ryuu, character designer ntny had worked on Ar3 and the quirky design similarities were there. And when finally the trailer featuring Ahih Rei-yah came about ... well It had my attention at the very least - To the point when the offline pack came out where you didnt have to buy the story bits off the japanese PSN store I got a vita for it.

Its keeps being interesting since it seems to be done on a fairly modest budget. But yet it manages a fair bit with what it has going for it. Obviously you need to have a thing for visual novels to appreciate it, and also the concept of a "girlfriend" in a portable device is a bit ... iffish (Then again we seem to have things like Replika now).

Ion was a fairly ambitious project considering virtual waifu's and manages to create an illusion of sorts, with random attention requests, and whatnot mumblings that she does by herself... although the illusion is broken quite badly when the AI starts repeating certain things three time in a row sometimes -- But its still oddly amusing to tap on the screen when Ion is in the bathroom with the responses she gives at that situation.

But the main point is still spending time with Ion, rebuilding her memories which in itself is a impressive experience when the broken, derelict and barren landscapes and locations slowly come back to life with the colors and sounds accompanying them. A small cheap to produce detail but is still fairly rewarding, something I think Gust implemented later in Atelier Meruru

rebuilding the memories you need the Sharls which you get from scanning barcodes with the Vita camera, which was one of the "bigger" selling points back in the day. And they can be cute little buggers if you find the right barcodes that dont produce slightly ill looking one's... the head sharl especially will either trigger squealing or loathing with the babytalk, which is fortunately translated ... into japanese text obviously.

Its still going to be a tedious project trying to rebuild the save from scratch, although I now know some ways to game the system, as at least the Offline edition lets you choose do you want to advance the in game clock between saves and loads or not (I was sort of curious how cross Ion would be having been left alone for five or years last time I check the save).

Might have to revisit my custom Ion thing again ... now that I have the 3D printer for the weirder costume bits, although I suspect upgrading to a resin one might be need.

Emil

For the past several years I've mostly spent my time on FFXIV. I also play gachas like Arknights, Azur Lane, Girls Frontline, F/GO, anything that's not Genshin.

2022-07-20_22-00-34-015_Nacht_Florence.p

This is my viera, Lieselotte Dollfie on Chaos

MagnoliaCamellia AmaryllisCarnationHyacinth Bluebell | Alyssum ClematisEmilia Dahlia | Gardenia Hydrangea

~ Florens Academy of Witchcraft ~

Audra

I play many single player rpg games or I solo mmrpgs (social anxiety). I like games like Dragon Age, Skyrim, Fallout 4, Guild Wars 2, etc. I avoid any online game with a toxic player base since they make my anxiety worse. I also like games like Factorio.

I've heard good things about FFXIV, so I might try that one out once I have the chance to do that.