Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

K-2

Kizuna and Chitose (Now with NSFW!)

Starwaia

Ah yeah, I'd heard about people having issue with lighting for them! I actually have an old ERS 210(gen 2?) I got off zenmarket for relatively cheap (think $300 range) as a kind of impulse buy but I just haven't had the time to do anything involving setting her up. She was vouched for by some people who know a lot about them, so I was fairly confident it was worth the money-- I took a risk and was lucky-- but again, just not enough time and like you say they really need to be watched. I'd love one of the newer ones, they look so beautiful and move so realistically but I just can't justify spending the money on one even if I somehow could afford the price, since I don't do anything with the one I have and my family considers them oversized toys. Took a while for the dolls to win them over and even the SMDs are much cheaper than actual hi-tech non-playline robots.

Maybe someday I'll see if I can get one but for now I just can't, and have to be content with watching those of others. Hence me getting very excited at the first appearance in your comic, since it's cool to see others with an interest. There's a chat group for that on a site called Discord that I used to be active in before it got crowded, so there are definitely more fans out there. Sucks about that surveillance law though, I understand why that sort of thing is put in place but at the same time I would be so sad if I could almost get one of the new aibos, "except". Like I can't even afford one anyway so I don't have to deal with having the means but having it be Not Allowed. I hope you can get one someday though! I've seen images of some with brown or gold faces and markings that appear to have been limited edition or only in Japan or something like that; importing them here seems like a pain. And here I am rambling about robot dogs on a doll thread. ^^;

Seriously though, on a doll related note, is there anything in your mythos regarding furry animals? Mohair wig stealing cats? The horrific chew-toy-obsessed non-robotic dogs(I love dogs, but I've definitely seen the horrors they can inflict on poor innocent dollies, fortunately not in person or with my dollies). I know it would give me nightmares if I was that little. It's a cruel world.

Anyway, I still love this comic so much. My own Kizuna is in storage because I keep meaning to look up how to fix her arm(it just requires popping a joint back together but I'm scared to use too much force or, y'know, actual tools- I might make a post for it when I'm back from vacation), and currently my Mels and Felis are... idk, in cahoots? They're definitely plotting something. Unlike your 2-foot tall force of nature, my Kizuna is unfortunately a bit of an underdog.

...how long is this post now?! sorrie!

Got less time to do doll stuff and more time to procrastinate. I'll try to be active here more discussion-wise but no pics or news for a while, unfortunately. Being busy sucks.

Currently watching BNHA, on season 6 and obsessed! (being in a fandom late makes dodging spoilers an issue tho :()
More into Nendoroids than BJDs rn, but I'm waiting for a grail of mine and also hoping to get back into that stuff soon!

K-2

The ERS-210 is the "lion cub" looking one. Those are the gen 2s. Aibos are fun but they are time consuming. In order to "raise" a happy aibo you do have to encourage them, which means praising them when they do something you like. If you ignore them when they are turned on they grow up to be lethargic. It's easier with the gen2s as they have more tricks. They have a better camera so low light isn't as much of an issue as with the gen 1s.

There are no furry biologicals in K&C, mostly because pets are not allowed in my building (robot dogs, anyone?). But I think someone is currently breaking that rule judging from the loud and distinct "meows" I hear in the hall on occasion.

Edited by K-2
  • Like 2

MVSig.jpg

K-2

SD001.jpg

SD002.jpg

SD003.jpg

SD004.jpg

SD005.jpg

SD006.jpg

SD007.jpg

SD008.jpg

SD009.jpg

SD010.jpg

SD011.jpg

SD012.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

MVSig.jpg

baldylox

I KNEW IT!  When my Rei made a clone of herself ( Reiko ) she had a VERY similar setup going on the computer room!  

One thing is bugging me tho....

Normally Chito is pretty..... slow?  Not dumb by any means but she never seemed to be the sciencey type to me.  Especailly not enough to be trying to make organisms or female Bigfoots.  😉  No disrespect to you Chito!  I guess this just shows that she's going out of her normal boundaries to help out because she cares for Farnsworth so much.  That's pretty darn cute.  <3 

And Kizuna is right unfortunately.  She ususally DOES get hit with the blame on stuff like this.  But maybe that's because 85% of the time it IS her fault in one way or another?  LOL  Poor girl.

Now I just have one question.

WHAT'S IN THE BOOOOOXXXXXXXX???????  😄 

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Ui-
55 minutes ago, K-2 said:

SD012.jpg

Oh my GOD LMFAO. THANK YOU FOR UPDATING. I was wondering WTF that lab freak Chitose needed to be in the BATHTUB for. HAHAHA Oh Kizuna. 

I think she needs to reread the lab safety guidelines one more time. 😂😂😂😂

Thank you for these. Wish I had the patience and time to do this. I work from home, so nothing changed for me the whole pandemic (minus developing a habit of talking to my dolls). So funny!! Keep it up xD Literally, ladies. 😂😂 Thank Chemistry Jesus for vinyl and silicone. They don’t really sag!

Edited by Ui-

Ui-
32 minutes ago, baldylox said:

WHAT'S IN THE BOOOOOXXXXXXXX???????  😄 

Billy

Hopefully not a failed alchemy experiment but a fancy newcomer. xD 

Edited by Ui-

BeyondTime
41 minutes ago, baldylox said:

WHAT'S IN THE BOOOOOXXXXXXXX???????

She’s aiming for a female Sasquatch, but she’s a doll, so my money is on her making a Cousin It through miscalculation. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

ShadowXM1

LOL Ohhhhhhhhhhh dear; well this should be interesting, to say the least! Well if you DO hear an explosion, or ZZZZZZZZZZZZZAP sound, be at ease and know that it wasn't Kizuna THIS time. XD

Jorgen Denmark

Don't underestimate Chitose. Maybe it turns out to be sasquatch girlfriend!

NeeP

I am curious...  People are concentrating on the box...  But everything is situated on a bathtub...  That's a little bit bigger...

• Haha 2

Niki P.

Vinyl brood at home: Len, Noah, Kenji, Rinto, Kiri, Eiji, Anais, Rin, ‘Red’, Lenka, Kai, Midoriya, Marc, ‘Sue’, Terra, Night, Frankie, Anna and Chitose.

cirquemom

I love where this is going. Or rather, where I hope it's going....

Starwaia

At first I thought Chitose was acting strange because of something more sinister replacing her/influencing her with mind control. But no, that's pure Cheeto- though perhaps I underestimated her scientific ability. That idea is actually really sweet of her, and it's the thought that counts I guess? Awesome update as always!

And yeah I have a 210 then. I like their design best in the "robot" sense(though 220s look cool too) so when the new aibo was released I was kind of taken aback by the more "realistic" look and movement. The design elements and level/accuracy of natural-looking motion are impressive though. And you've pinpointed the exact reason why my aibo's still in a dustproof container in the basement- I want to raise her properly but I've just been so busy. I want do do justice to all the development that went into making their personalities, so to speak, but I just have no time. Someday I'll bring her out and give her the love she deserves though. Right now just keeping her safe is the priority.

On a similar note, based on what the Cheeto's up to... does Chitose know about the no pets rule?? 😅

Got less time to do doll stuff and more time to procrastinate. I'll try to be active here more discussion-wise but no pics or news for a while, unfortunately. Being busy sucks.

Currently watching BNHA, on season 6 and obsessed! (being in a fandom late makes dodging spoilers an issue tho :()
More into Nendoroids than BJDs rn, but I'm waiting for a grail of mine and also hoping to get back into that stuff soon!

K-2

SD001.jpg

SD002.jpg

SD003.jpg

SD004.jpg

SD005.jpg

SD006.jpg

SD007.jpg

SD008.jpg

SD009.jpg

SD010.jpg

SD011.jpg

SD012.jpg

• Like 5

MVSig.jpg

K-2
On 8/7/2020 at 4:42 AM, Starwaia said:

And yeah I have a 210 then. I like their design best in the "robot" sense(though 220s look cool too) so when the new aibo was released I was kind of taken aback by the more "realistic" look and movement. The design elements and level/accuracy of natural-looking motion are impressive though. And you've pinpointed the exact reason why my aibo's still in a dustproof container in the basement- I want to raise her properly but I've just been so busy. I want do do justice to all the development that went into making their personalities, so to speak, but I just have no time. Someday I'll bring her out and give her the love she deserves though. Right now just keeping her safe is the priority.

What color is she? There were three standard colors (silver, black , and gold) and five or six (I think) limited edition colors. There were also a number of optional software packages made for the 210.

You might want to dig out the batteries and see if they still hold a charge.

MVSig.jpg

BeyondTime
42 minutes ago, K-2 said:

SD012.jpg

Bride of Frankensquatch? o.O

• Haha 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Starwaia

That whole scene made me cackle. Chitose, you're mad but a genius. Love Kizuna's reactions- oh shit is right!! (are we allowed to swear on this forum)

4 hours ago, K-2 said:

What color is she? There were three standard colors (silver, black , and gold) and five or six (I think) limited edition colors. There were also a number of optional software packages made for the 210.

You might want to dig out the batteries and see if they still hold a charge.

She's the black one, kinda more of a gunmetal look but very shiny. She was an impulse buy and actually the least interesting color to me (I would LOVE a Holiday Red someday), but I like her and I did get attached to her from the photos. She ended up being half the size I imagined though, oops. But she seems very advanced.

I probably should check the battery, it's being stored separately so it doesn't lose charge in the aibo, though I haven't had a chance to try to figure out the runtime when turned on. When I got her I tested it briefly but I didn't wait to see it run out. I know people who can get it recelled properly(!) if it comes up but it probably is a good idea to check on it every so often, especially since they charge for it. I'll see if I can do a test again once I'm home from vacation-- then the semester will start and who knows what time I'll have then, online classes or not.

Edit: oh and she came with Life(1, I think), Party Mascot, and Recognition. I'm pretty sure the latter two were stikzapped(bootleg) so IDK if I should talk about those here. Life is on an official stick though. Overall a very good deal, she also came with a charger stand and a "dongle" for travel charging.

Edited by Starwaia
addition about software

Yukari

Always makes my day when there´s a new episode online :). Did you get a Plus? 

sunlightandtea

👀 What's in the box?

Also these are so funny and well done. Always looking forward to your updates!

K-2

SD001.jpg

SD002.jpg

SD003.jpg

SD004.jpg

SD005.jpg

SD006.jpg

SD007.jpg

SD008.jpg

SD009.jpg

SD010.jpg

SD011.jpg

SD012.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

MVSig.jpg

cirquemom

Vegas, Baby!!!

Wow, this is going to get interesting...

If she's programmed right, she could kill it gambling.

Edited by cirquemom

K-2

SD001.jpg

SD002.jpg

SD003.jpg

SD004.jpg

SD005.jpg

SD006.jpg

SD007.jpg

SD008.jpg

SD009.jpg

SD010.jpg

SD011.jpg

SD012.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

MVSig.jpg

ShadowXM1

Ohhh yeah, THIS just keeps getting better and better! XD Something about this seems familiar in SOME way...Oh yeah! "Rascal does not dream of Bunnygirl Sempai." Only kidding; I'm loving this so far, just like your last posts on here! Well done, Mr. Farnsworth, as Chitose would say!

baldylox

Somehow I've missed the past couple of updates but now I'm all caught up.  So far this is all very puzzling to me.  I knew Chitose  was into science but I had no clue she could pull off cloning too!  Rei is VERY interested in her technique and process.  I think she wants to text or call her.  😉 

I died laughing with all the dramatic poses Kizuna was doing while asking questions of Chito.  I mean, could she be any more obnoxious with them?  I found it too funny.  :)

A PJ seems very..... informed.  Maybe it's all the info Chito and crew stuffed into her but something else tells me the Kizuna part of her is hiding something.  Maybe I'm reading into it too much but it's cool to see another cutie in the house!  Too bad she wants to take off so soon.  Poor Farnsworth just can't catch a break.  😄

Billy

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

K-2
6 hours ago, baldylox said:

So far this is all very puzzling to me.  I knew Chitose  was into science but I had no clue she could pull off cloning too!  Rei is VERY interested in her technique and process.  I think she wants to text or call her.  😉

I think Chitose got a kit in the mail, one of those mystery packages I thought was Kizuna's.

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk00TIDQHtXfjxrh_PSjf_8zVbgTFVA%3A1598334387318&source=hp&ei=s6VEX8ieEZqytAbWv4y4DQ&q=cloning+kit&oq=cloning+kit&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQDDICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAAyAggAMgIIADICCAA6BAgjECc6CwguELEDEMcBEKMCOgIILjoICAAQsQMQgwE6CwguELEDEIMBEJMCOgUIABCxAzoFCC4QsQM6CAguELEDEIMBOggILhDHARCjAjoECAAQClC-LVjjTmCib2gAcAB4AIABbIgBvQaSAQQxMC4xmAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpeg&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwiIxIvL07XrAhUaGc0KHdYfA9cQ4dUDCAg

• Haha 2

MVSig.jpg

BeyondTime
8 minutes ago, K-2 said:

I think Chitose got a kit in the mail, one of those mystery packages I thought was Kizuna's.

Judging from the setup I am guessing it was the ACME My First CRISPR Kit - for ages 12 and up.

• Like 2