Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Kitsune

Nier Automata x Dollfie Dream

oyashiro

My 2B just arrived today, and I am extremely excited! For additional context, I am actually in the final wave of orders so...uh...maybe I got really lucky? >_>;;;

One thing I am wondering about though - on the DHL website, it says "Payment Required," but I didn't receive any invoices or anything? Not to mention, being a US collector, I've never had to pay any duties or custom fees. Did anyone else get this? I am a little scared as I definitely didn't account for potential customs fees on top of her already hefty price tag, but I guess we'll make do! x_x

Capture.PNG

Averis

2B arrived today!

0601201747c.jpg

0601201748a.jpg

I did check inside the head real quick to see if cracks were common. It seems I don't have any, but overspray might be common. 

2020-06-01 17.55.47c.jpg

• Like 3

mayaiincho

I just received mine also but sad news...  Mine has those cracking on the neck attachment also.. Sigh... 

20200601_192138.jpg

Ill contact Volks and see how they respond. It's sad to wait 18months for a new doll to find design flaws. 

Edited by mayaiincho
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

Shailara

I remember overspray  but I don't remember cracks. I'll check tomorrow and let you guys know if I find any as well...

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

cfx

How completely bizarre it is that both @mayaiincho's and @growcian's cracks are in nearly the exact same positions: one pointing forward right between the eyes, and another somewhat less than 90 degrees to the left of the first one.

growcian

While I received a reply from Volks USA, it was an automated one from a machine. The generic message stated my request was received and it's being reviewed by Volks USA support staff. As of this writing, it's almost 5PM local time. The County of Los Angeles imposed a curfew of 5PM just a few hours ago. Needless to say, I won't be receiving a response from a human being on this matter tonight.

@onion10@@onion2@@onion4@

Edit: I received a response and Volks USA wants more photos. Taking them now.

Edit2: I took additional photos and sent them. Despite having received a response, I'm still going nuts.

@onion30@

Edited by growcian

2B_banner01.jpg.962d91244de709d8a9e140bd8ee9ed52.jpg

Selenae

Oh man, seeing new arrivals with cracks around the neck hole is absolutely heartbreaking. Is this common with new headmolds?

BeyondTime
8 minutes ago, Selenae said:

Oh man, seeing new arrivals with cracks around the neck hole is absolutely heartbreaking. Is this common with new headmolds?

It's the first I've seen this since I joined the forum. I haven't seen overspray either, but with overspray I think these dolls are a bit unusual being an SD headmold, so I am not really put off by that part.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Selenae
7 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

It's the first I've seen this since I joined the forum. I haven't seen overspray either, but with overspray I think these dolls are a bit unusual being an SD headmold, so I am not really put off by that part.

I've never seen overspray before in any Volks doll, resin or vinyl. It's odd.

cfx
14 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

I haven't seen overspray either, but with overspray I think these dolls are a bit unusual being an SD headmold, so I am not really put off by that part.

The overspray is from that pink/red/whatever that is in the inner corner of the eyes. It's completely understandable that this would also spray through the eye openings into the head.

No other DD I'm aware of is painted like this so we haven't seen it before. I have seen brown or black overspray from the eyeliner just inside the eye openings on some of my DDs though.

• Like 1

Galvatim

Seeing these cracked 2B heads is awful.  Volks had better help you out.  

My wave 1 2B has the overspray too.  It's definitely common.  

mayaiincho

I'll take better photos tomorrow with the mirrorless camera when I get better light.

Side note. 2B's clothes are pretty hard to get on... I'm sure I'll be much easier on the 2nd to round but jeezes... Not sure she'll ever be in her default outfit now, just like Saber. 

Edited by mayaiincho

looking for - , Marisa Short Wig, full set Beatrice or default face + eyes & Sasara Fullset or default face + eyes.

lardroom

My wave 1 2B also has the spray. It doesn't bother me.

Seeing all these 2B faceups...It's so tempting.

92495743_1419208674956602_5362396183794810880_o.jpg.dbfcf5b0c62d49599f779f3b6f967d66.jpg

• Like 3

ramcoy

need to check my 2b asap

hope no crack

Nekozoe

She’s so pretty! I’m so happy she’s home now ;v;~

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

toughstermcg

I will take and post proper photos eventually but for now I'm just very happy he's here, his face is incredible.  I finally got to use the starry Licht eyes I bought for him like a year ago, haha

4zQjzPh.jpg

• Like 1

cfx

I like this picture:

Edited by cfx
replaced instagram pic with twitter version
  • Like 1

cfx

More cracks; unfortunately it's starting to look like it's somewhat common:

Edit: I don't read Korean, but google translate tells me that says "My 2b... I've been waiting for a year and a half, what is this..."

I can't remember if anyone has posted a pic of 9S' blank head:

Edited by cfx
  • Sad 1

marishade

Just received my 'complete remainder of payment' email from VolksUSA (3rd wave)! Completed the payment, I am so excited! 

• Like 2

oyashiro

So I finally got around to opening/dressing 2B today (a combination of being busy, anxiety about head cracks, and fear of her complicated outfit), and she is just gorgeous! 

Unfortunately, however, my head crack fear was confirmed 😕 additionally, her tights also had a bit of a tear in the bust section, so that's not super great. 

I still love her, but the cracking definitely makes her head mobility a bit loose? Not sure if/how Volks will address it, but I also sent them an email about it. 

headcap.png

dressed.png

case.png

• Sad 1

ramcoy

just check my 2B

no crack in her neck hole

IMG_20200603_183919_955.jpg

• Like 3

Shailara

I just checked my girl as well and no cracks in the head.

I've tried a few different eyes if you guys wanna see:

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

Lynn
On 6/2/2020 at 2:43 AM, cfx said:

How completely bizarre it is that both @mayaiincho's and @growcian's cracks are in nearly the exact same positions: one pointing forward right between the eyes, and another somewhat less than 90 degrees to the left of the first one.

I wonder If those cracks have something to do with that red overpaint. They seem to be on top of it. Paint does create a stiff surface but enough so to cause a crack? I don't know. It just seems suspicious.

Elagabalus

Oh geez, I'm catching up in here since it looks like another wave of 2B/9S shipped and those cracks are horrifying! I really hope Volks will do the right thing and replace the heads for you all. Do the cracks affect the way the head sits on the neck in any way? Or are they just cosmetic? I'd still be super worried about the cracks worsening over time :(

(The overspray is honestly kind of cute/funny to me though. They've all got such colorful insides of their heads, and they're all a bit different!)