Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

belpita

Injection vs vinyl

Misuka

Lack of packaging is good at this point. I'm really glad Danny went with bags over boxes anyway - I have no more room for doll boxes and the bags make much more sense.

Hoshiko_Blue
He's got a lot on his plate and keeps announcing more dolls and clothing, so I hope we hear more about the injection mold soon as I definitely want to try it.

Yup, me too! I hope we have news very soon, I don't really wanna wait until summer to know something more...

ToriaCrux

What you can see of the seam lines doesn't seem to noticeable.

(・⊝・)

Tumblr

DOA

Hoshiko_Blue

This is great! With clothes on the seamlines basically disappear and you can't even tell the difference with a vinyl girl, he did a really good job

Panda_Dolliess

I asked Danny and he said that the Cortex would also be available in all three skin tones. Hopefully we get to see them soon. I still want to know if he's going to make the other face molds and how the whole building process is going to work. The package picture showed only the Cortex and not the internal frame...

magique

All three??? That's better than I expected! I hope he makes a Cortex Ruby. Honestly, I'm going to want wayyy too many cortex dolls. @Danny pls release them. My wallet is ready.

Hoshiko_Blue
I asked Danny and he said that the Cortex would also be available in all three skin tones. Hopefully we get to see them soon. I still want to know if he's going to make the other face molds and how the whole building process is going to work. The package picture showed only the Cortex and not the internal frame...

Regarding the assembly process, it looks kinda straight forward, I mean, the pieces are all open so just place the frame inside, snap the two parts together and you're good to go

Or at least I assume it'll be like this eheh

All three??? That's better than I expected! I hope he makes a Cortex Ruby. Honestly, I'm going to want wayyy too many cortex dolls. @Danny pls release them. My wallet is ready.

Ahahah, I feel you! I already went from "only cherry" to "cherry and harmony or a cocoa moonlight" to "you know what? Let's get one per skin color"

magique

Honestly, same. I want Ruby/Cherry/Infinity/Mirai/and like 3 unnamed girls. Once the cortex is fully released, I will buy *so many*. I don't like how delicate I have to be with vinyl, so I would love to have some cute girls I can play with without needing to wear gloves.

Bellatrix

This might be the perfect chance for me to get a SMdoll ^_^ I would love to own the new, freckled one, and maybe Cherry, if the price is actually that good

df64a03a777dc9f9a060ef6b286773b3-1.gif    ✩ 𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓲𝓶 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓪𝓭𝓸𝔁 ✩

Hoshiko_Blue
This might be the perfect chance for me to get a SMdoll ^_^ I would love to own the new, freckled one, and maybe Cherry, if the price is actually that good

Let's hope the price is that good because, as sweets was saying, I'm already making plans for way too many girls

Besides that, if the price is really competitive Cortex will bring a lot of new costumers to Danny, who won't buy just the doll but also option parts and clothes. It seems like a really good market strategy to me and a new thing in the hobby too, 'cause it makes it more accessible

Panda_Dolliess

Regarding the assembly process, it looks kinda straight forward, I mean, the pieces are all open so just place the frame inside, snap the two parts together and you're good to go

Or at least I assume it'll be like this eheh

I phrased that horribly wrong. I was referring to the internal frame specifically, because even though it is the prototype packaging, the frame isn't included with everything else. Is it going to be placed in its own bag? Will we have to assemble parts of the frame ourselves? I have so many questions! I've been stalking Danny's social media, but so far he is announcing lots of clothes...

K-2
I phrased that horribly wrong. I was referring to the internal frame specifically, because even though it is the prototype packaging, the frame isn't included with everything else. Is it going to be placed in its own bag? Will we have to assemble parts of the frame ourselves?

With the doll having a hard exoskeleton some frame parts can be eliminated with joint parts snapping into the ends of individual body parts. The knee and and ankle joints could snap into the lower leg before the two halves of the lower leg are assembled, etc.

MVSig.jpg

Kumi
With the doll having a hard exoskeleton some frame parts can be eliminated with joint parts snapping into the ends of individual body parts.

According to Danny's words and some of his videos, Cortex version will have the exact same frame as vinyl.

But as I said, Mirai frame was already available for purchase some time ago so it's possible, that it has own packaging.

Panda_Dolliess

According to Danny's words and some of his videos, Cortex version will have the exact same frame as vinyl.

But as I said, Mirai frame was already available for purchase some time ago so it's possible, that it has own packaging.

Yeah, it is possible that the frame and the body parts will both be sent but packaged separately. The Cortex is compatible with the vinyl parts and I feel that having a frame is imperative to being compatible.

Hoshiko_Blue

Yeah, it is possible that the frame and the body parts will both be sent but packaged separately. The Cortex is compatible with the vinyl parts and I feel that having a frame is imperative to being compatible.

I agree with you, the frame will probably be in another bag, maybe the torso, spine and hips will already come pre-built (is this even a word?) and we'll have to attach the arms and the legs. I guess he'll do something like this because shipping the whole frame already assembled seems like a waste of space and really "smart", but again he might consider letting the costumers build it too difficult.

I guess we'll see, hopefully pretty soon

Hoshiko_Blue

Likely, since his Mirai Frame Challenge is one of the tests you must pass to get a job there: http://www.dannychoo.com/en/post/27989/Mirai+Frame+Challenge.html

That's exactly what I was thinking too, producing instructions booklets to go with this model would invalidate the point of the Challenge but leaving Cortex buyers completely without references isn't somenthing Danny would do...

Kumi

Mirai frame was sold almost complete, without much assembly required.

15922054522_e2f066cbb9_c.jpg

Mirai Frame Get! by mikeslagter, on Flickr

15735418340_bc2e10f953_c.jpg

Mirai Frame Get! by mikeslagter, on Flickr

Smart Doll - Mirai Frame Get!

In the shop challenge You have all parts separated and You need special tools, especially for pressing the spine together.

Shailara

Also, I think the Challenge is not about knowing how to assemble it, but how fast you can do it. At least he has said so before.

(\_/)
( ' .' ) 
( uu)

NeeP

By looking at the pieces, I think the frame is rather intuitive. However, I am not sure that one piece in the upper left hand corner is for...

Niki P.

Vinyl brood at home: Len, Noah, Kenji, Rinto, Kiri, Eiji, Anais, Rin, ‘Red’, Lenka, Kai, Midoriya, Marc, ‘Sue’, Terra, Night, Frankie, Anna and Chitose.

Kumi
I am not sure that one piece in the upper left hand corner is for...

It's a head

Hoshiko_Blue
Mirai frame was sold almost complete, without much assembly required.

I didn't know that, I had never seen the package, thanks for the pictures

The small head always cracks me up, it's so goofy

Panda_Dolliess

Danny posted a picture of a Clear Cortex last month and you can really see how the frame sits inside the body. The parts seem to snap onto the frame and you can see how the bust parts will be interchangeable too. Now that I've seen how the frame may be packaged, this looks super fun to put together. Hopefully Danny will give us some information soon....

Bloodember

I'm getting excited for these. Hoping they are $300 or under.

kidswan

i guess the injection mold smart doll isn't out yet. can't wait tbh