The Ecchizonans

Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Monty

D'Coord Exclusives (DDH11/ DDH15 / DDH18 )

Monty

(The tan skin was much less tan I expected it to be--I could barely tell the difference between tan and NS so I got a NS D'Coord and a tea colored Smart Doll)

The brown skin and NS are actually pretty different, but the lighting in Doll Point is really bad. The only thing I dont like about Bri is how much the wrong kind of lighting (particularly harsh fluorescent lighting) changes her skin tone. But the difference is more pronounced than the difference between NS and SWS to me. The first time I saw a brown DD was in doll point with the fluorescent lighting and I remember thinking 'well thats not that dark', and then the next day saw one at Dolpa and thought 'oh wow that is pretty dark actually'.

I think this pic I took last year shows it best. You can see the Rins near my Bri in the center there, who are both NS, for comparison.

Volks official photos are also annoyingly inconsistent. I have seen brown DDs in the same Volks News on different pages - and one on one page will look accurate and one on another page will look like 'NS DD in the shade' (whch is how the very first pics that surfaced looked to me). It's not as dark as smartdoll tea, so if thats the exact tone you're looking for it would disappoint, but its definitely dark enough to look like a tan (and also to be perfect for my Bri, who would not work as NS whatsoever.)

42971581752_d78d24f63e.jpgUntitled by torinomh mh, on Flickr

43021714781_25a64815fe.jpgUntitled by torinomh mh, on Flickr

It's kinda similar to how the old smartdoll cocoa looked really weird and purple under some types of lighting and a nice ashy tone under others (although not quite as dramatic as that imo)

Anyway, D'Coord updates from Volks News 79. There are no changes to DD15 as of yet, but the SW and brown DDH11s have joined regular rotation.

Sendai Dolpa in August will also see the debut of two new faceups for DDH11, which are really cute.

42278558934_33ca7f479b_c.jpg

41186732740_89b6e70a85_c.jpg

Judging from how its gone in the past, the two new faceups will likely join Doll Point rotation around October or so...?

merry-go-round

omg...the DDH-11 with the new make up ...omg.

I have a ddh-11 to my house. One day, I m gonna definitly make up her like that wooow

At home : Hanae (DDS Chihaya)

Youpla

A little picture of my Ddh15!

Really cute, and I like so much this outfit! First time I got a doll d'coord and I'm really happy!

20180810.jpg

• Like 1

xandman
A little picture of my Ddh15!

Really cute, and I like so much this outfit! First time I got a doll d'coord and I'm really happy!

20180810.jpg

Wow she's cute!

Which face up is that?

Monty

I’m pretty sure 15 still only comes with one type of faceup. But I agree, she is very cute. Those eyes especially really suit her. I still can’t make up my mind on the sculpt myself - I’m interested to see new faceups on it (Maybe for next Dolpa?)

cfx

With that faceup I love the DDH-15; she reminds me of a cuter version of Melty.

Monty

http://www.volks.co.jp/htd_sendai2/dcoord/

The Dcoords for Sendai Dolpa are up - 15 didn’t get any new faceups yet but the more I see both of the new 11 ones the more I want one ._. I really love how spunky m03 looks(I really love no.5) ...I think if I saw one at DollPoint I’d buy her instantly. I’m actually glad I won’t be in Tokyo again for a good while and can avoid that temptetation 8’D

Youpla

it's the basic make-up for DDH15, I think it's the only one =)

sinclair

So far not a fan of the 15 head, but this is the 1st photo of it that has made me sway a little. She is a cutie, and congrats on getting her. And I want one of those outfits so bad. It'd be perfect for my Keiko.

Youpla

Thank you sinclair !!

Better pic quality :

43293330464_60d525ccfb_z.jpg

• Like 1

fifimoon

This is a really interesting thread! I'd been under the assumption that the D'coord dolls were similar to the Super Dollfie one-offs. i.e almost impossible to purchase even in store! Though it sounds like it's rare for Doll Point to not have at least some models in stock.

I'd written off DDH11 as impossible to get but I may get lucky next month!

cfx

There's a new faceup for DDH15. It's shown in the last outfit picture on the new September stuff page here:

http://www.volks.co.jp/dress/1809/

I hate to be so negative about everything but I do not like that at all. When I saw it earlier I thought I didn't like the head because of it; I didn't realize then it was the same head we've been talking aobut here. I love the faceup version like Youpla has, but I really really dislike this new one.

While I'm bitching, this new faceup has those white dots on the eyeliner--that annoys me even more than the white cheek dots. I see that in a lot of the custom faceups on Japanese twitter; I hope it doesn't become a new trend for Volks.

fifimoon

I didn't notice the white dots on the eyelashes initially cause I was too distracted by that mouth...not a fan :/

cfx

Yeah the mouth is the big thing, and why I thought it was a head I'd not seen before. How can the same head be sooo cute and so ugh with a different faceup?

SakuraSylph
I'd been under the assumption that the D'coord dolls were similar to the Super Dollfie one-offs. i.e almost impossible to purchase even in store!

Close, but wrong special SD product to compare to. D'Coord is like the Super Dollfie Coordinate Models, in that both lines are pre-made dolls with full outfits that you can only buy in a specific physical store or occasionally at special events. D'coord is sold at Dollpoint Akihabara and I think Yokohama now also, while SD Coordinates are sold at Tenshi no Mado (Harajuku) and Tenshi no Sato (Kyoto).

The lines are sometimes sold at Dolls Party events.. LA Dolpa 2017 one year ago had both, for instance.

SakuraSylph

Monty

I’m glad I’m not the only one who was not a fan of the new 15 faceup. It’s a huge contrast to the new 11 faceups which I absolutely love. But it really shows much much the 15 can change.

cfx

Haha, makes me feel better about being rather blunt about my feelings about it.

It's a rather odd faceup isn't it? Volks usually "plays it safe" in terms of making faceups that don't have overly odd features or could be considered extreme in some way, and this is a real exception to that.

I think it also accentuates the wrong aspects of the head sculpt. This is a sculpt with not-so-large eyes that are fairly widely spaced, and the faceup here somehow accentuates that aspect which I think makes it look weird as well; the eyes look so far apart.

Youpla

Ouch ! poor DDH15 x)

why Volks ?!!

I don't understand, mine is so cute ahaha

cfx
Ouch ! poor DDH15 x)

why Volks ?!!

I don't understand, mine is so cute ahaha

Exactly! When I first saw that I thought it was a head I hadn't otherwise seen; then I came here to post about it and realized it's the same sculpt as your cutie.

fifimoon

Not sure if this is the best place to ask general D'Coord questions?

I'm hoping to track down a DH11 when I'm in Tokyo next month. Anecdotal evidence tells me they seem to be more readily available than in the past? Does Doll Point have a fixed release schedule for D'Coord or is it random? How frequently do they refresh stock? Is it daily or less frequently? What's the rough price range for the models?

Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks

littlebirdzoom

I'm hoping to track down a DH11 when I'm in Tokyo next month. Anecdotal evidence tells me they seem to be more readily available than in the past? Does Doll Point have a fixed release schedule for D'Coord or is it random? How frequently do they refresh stock? Is it daily or less frequently? What's the rough price range for the models?

I'm going to let others answer your questions because I'm not 100% and don't want to lead you along, but if you have the availability I suggest trying to stop by the Volks store daily. Each time we were there we went to Akiba about every night and went to the Volks store frequently too. The tables changed multiple times in the 10 days we saw it, so.... if you don't succeed try try again and again

Waiting for eternity for Volks to release more Idolm@ster girls.

Monty

It definitely seems to be random, and theres no way to know what will be there in advance.

As for how often they change I can't answer that either, they did change it at least twice or 3 times over the course of 5 days when I was last there but that -was- during Golden Week, when the store probably gets a lot of visitors. It could just be that they put new ones out to replace old ones each day. I remember someone going and saying there was none there at all, but that was a while back, and it seems like they've gotten better at restocking.

Remember that there's also the Volks in Yokohama. That one and Akiba Doll Point are the only ones you can get D'Coords, so you could check both. and if you get a cute one in yokohama you can celebrate with delicious chinese food in yokohama china town I would hazard a guess that Akiba restocks more often than Yokohama. I think Yokohama only added the 11s to the rotation recently, I'm not sure if they have 15 yet.

I hope you get the girl you want! There's so many possible types of 11s now - 3 different faceups, 3 different skintones, and all the possible female bodies, not to mention all the different hair and eye combinations.

fifimoon

Thanks for the responses

Hearing they potentially update stock a few times a week makes me happy! It's unlikely I'll get there everyday but maybe 2-3 times whilst I'm in Tokyo.

I love every DH11 variation I've seen to date so the biggest issue may end up being what combo to choose