Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

AyaToyBox

FGO X Dollfie Dream : Jeanne d'arc and Saber

JChiibs

I'm still wondering how much the armor will increase the cost of both girls. I remember hearing Saber's armor in the past made her somewhat more than the DD regularly tend to be. (Feel free to correct me or fill in the details.)

Either way, Raven and I already know that without a doubt that these girls aren't optional. Raven keeps talking about how Miku will play with the armor.

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

Kalle

I'm kind of underwhelmed but hey, at least I can breathe easy saving for Luka~

LAOiCdW.gif

finnleo

Well, im actually a bit dissapointed this time, and not because I have an original Arttuuria on me shelf ...

Tamamo would have made more sense to me, or Sakura Saber.

Jean D'arc just does not get any love from me from other other saber clones. Hell, a Lily reprint would have been more sensible, although looking at the head it looks like D'arc might have that sculpt or something close, and Art looks like a slightly different sculpt than before... which would make sense since otherwise the original saber head would be the most released thing ever in one way or another.

DDS size is actually more proper for Art, since she is short, plain and simple.

But when the original was made there wasnt a DDS body to be had, which probably dictated the Alter and Nero bodies ... not even the S-bust which I think was more suited for the character in my opinion, atleast an S-bust makes the top armor on the original much more easy to live with.. heh.

But as far as cost is going, expect something like Kosmos, the original Art's were 95000yen + Tax if I recall correct. I just hope they make the armor pieces out of ABS-plastic or something similar, since the original vinyl armor pieces are quite heavy and are a pain to pose with.

But, since this is the pre-order project, unless there's something funny with the reservation this time, should have plenty of time to save up considering the normal year-long production lead time.

archeotech
Now that Fate/Grand Order has entered the lists of Fates with DDs attached.............Fate/Zero when ;_;

Fate Grand Order has pretty much all the characters from Fate/Zero.

Normally I'd be crying with excitement over Jeanne and saber but we just bought a Saber original the other day.... Really wasn't expecting Saber again especially as they did that version as a charity auction about 2 years back plus all the sabers they've already released. I figured if it wasn't Nier then Fate Grand Order was the next most likely and that they would definitely do Jeanne.

I_Shinji

OMG, My wallet gonna cry. Jeanne D'arc is my favorite character in FGO. But, Does that mean there will be an Jeanne D'arc Alter coming in couple years? Maybe I should wait for Alter.

iPOUT

I'm a bit disappointed that it wasn't 9S or 2B. Well, at least I'm safe. . . For now. Idk, I might be interested in Jeanne, but only her head and eyes. =3=

rukitron

Did they finally decide to use a new head sculpt or no?

I'm sorta eh for the time being, maybe if they do Tituria or something later.

mangaemi

Hmm.... so we're all past Saber heads the same mold? Just curious as this one seems to resemble Saber Extra maybe because of the facepaint.

I'm kinda on the fence about it and might be more inclined to want her with more pics. Just... geez Volks, you get a lot of mileage out of certain series...

Is Archer in this series? Could you imagine a tan male Archer doll? I'd die.

♥ ★ ✮ ~ Amassing an army of Anime Cuties ~ ✮ ★ ♥

The Family: Sheryl, Ranka, Kirika, Arlex2, Yoko, Snow Miku, Haruka, Student Mariko, Prisma Illya, Akira, Maria, Cirno, Noumi, Asuna Titania, Sakuya

on the way: want: Sailor Moon, Miki, Yukiho

marishade

Unfortunately I am slightly tempted to get one of these. Every 6 - 8 monthes I debate about dishing out the $1000 to get a Saber from a reseller. . . . I think it will depend on the prices and how they look in the later promo pics

Saber is such an icon and I like that neither one have that 'general smile' most Volks sculpts seem to have. It is not nearly as moody as Saber Alter, but I think I could be okay with it (maybe). I mean they still have 'ghost smiles' but I like that better than full out grins.

Deciding between these will suck. IF I do decide to get one it should be Saber, but I have always loved the story of the real Joan of Arc, so having a doll that represents her (and one I can maybe get realistic hair and outfits for) would be kinda cool. We shall see. . . .

finnleo
Hmm.... so we're all past Saber heads the same mold? Just curious as this one seems to resemble Saber Extra maybe because of the facepaint.

Saber, Alter, Nero, Alter 2nds were the same head sculpts. Lily however was unique.

We'll known when the actual specs come out when they get around to the actual product pages. D'arc seems to have chubbier cheeks than either old Saber or Lily sculpt now that I've ogled them for a few hours.

Saber herself could be based on the original head with a Extra-ish faceup , but I think the eyes look a bit more squinted than the original. Lily fangirls could probably spot if its based on that head with a Nero-type faceup...

Lore
Did they finally decide to use a new head sculpt or no?

I'm sorta eh for the time being, maybe if they do Tituria or something later.

Jeanne looks like a repainted 09 head imo.

Thank goodness I'm safe from these two altho getting D'arc's outfit would be cool.

I guess the silver lining to not getting a 2B preorder is the scalpers will find it harder to gouge people on Saber prices. I'm always in favor of pulling the rug from under scalpers. Curse them.

At Home:

DD Snow Miku, DD Luka, DDS Makoto, DD Airy, DDS KizunaAI

Gabriel

Meh. Neither of these do anything for me. I'd rather see a v2 Saber Lily.

I wonder if they'll do the new Saber Lily dress as a separate outfit? Maybe in the upcoming days we'll see that. Don't they always do these pre-order dolls with an accompanying separate outfit?

BeyondTime
I'm still wondering how much the armor will increase the cost of both girls. I remember hearing Saber's armor in the past made her somewhat more than the DD regularly tend to be. (Feel free to correct me or fill in the details.)

Either way, Raven and I already know that without a doubt that these girls aren't optional. Raven keeps talking about how Miku will play with the armor.

~Sister Kyoya

Iirc the older Sabers with armor were 95,000 Yen, so figure somewhere around $900 - $1000 with fees, per doll. I believe Excalibur and Avalon (Its scabbard) had an extra cost, but I am not 100% sure about that. I think the ultra-staining maid outfit was an extra add on too, but again not 100% sure about that. It's been so long since I got Lily I can't recall all the details I researched.

Lily did come with one sword, Caliburn.

What I am worried about is that this will be a full prepay like with the new rules for the lotteries. Shelling out $2000 and then waiting a year would be nuts. I hope Volks realizes this wouldn't be reasonable.

Edit: One thing I noticed at the very edge of the image. It does look like Saber's hand is resting on the pommel of Excalibur, so she should come with a sword, or have it as an optional add.

Edited by Guest

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

sinclair

If I didn't already nab a Saber when they had Santa Saber, I'd be all over this. But with that said, if anyone wants to sell her outfit, let me know, as my Saber would love to have the blue armor set (Well, I'd love blue color, and she wants armor, in case she has to go up against Yaya, to put her back inline.). I hope it'll fit a DDIII and not just a DDS.

jadepixel

They are really pretty!

It's cool to see Saber with an updated outfit and more modern faceup. I think Jeanne has a new sculpt, but Saber looks like the same mold.

And probably they'll be more expensive than usual DD for the armor and accessories, I remember Saber Extra and Kos-Mos had a pretty hefty markup. At least the exchange rate is more favorable now than in the Saber Extra days, plus Volks has gotten much better at delivering pre-order dolls since then.

I think I'm safe but looking forward to other folks getting their grails and taking lots of photos!

Galvatim

Saber! It was meant to be. She'll fit in with my Sakura, Alter second, and Rin second so perfectly. I just need the Sakura's Dark Transformation set to complete the Master/Servant pairs.

Lots of additional outfit possibilities for Saber. I'm hoping for an updated UBW version of her casual wear, with the coat and scarf to match Rin's.

Poofiemus

I actually kinda like the face up on this new Saber. Doubt I'll be willing to carve out the budget for her though.

Jeanne on the other hand. . . I do not like her head at all; the eyes are too far apart to me. Her outfit is really cool, but it looks like she's L bust. If she were M, I would consider going in a split for it for Fate.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

Gunter

I'll most likely go for the Original Saber if only to display her in her full glory. :3 She's got that awesome cape too. I like the face-up on this one A LOT more as well.

I'm one of the few people who do not like Jeanne at all so I'm happy to skip her. Her face looks weird to me? Like her eyes seem so small and reaaaaally far apart. But man I'd LOVE to get my hands on her wig.

Monty
I'll most likely go for the Original Saber if only to display her in her full glory. :3 She's got that awesome cape too. I like the face-up on this one A LOT more as well.

I'm one of the few people who do not like Jeanne at all so I'm happy to skip her. Her face looks weird to me? Like her eyes seem so small and reaaaaally far apart. But man I'd LOVE to get my hands on her wig.

I'm indifferent to Fate Jeanne because her design bugs me so much. I love Jeanne D'arc as a historical figure and like seeing her realized in an anime form but...could they have got it more wrong? Disguising herself as a man was like...one of the most famous things about her? Why would she be presenting so feminine and with giant tits sticking out to boot? Saber actually looks more like a decent anime Jeanne D'arc than the actual Jeanne D'arc.

I do actually -like- the character design on its own, but it will never register as a representation of Jeanne to me 8'D I know it's silly to nitpick Fate designs which take a lot of liberties and are 98% ridiculous anyway but when you screw up the most famous thing about her it just makes no sense to me. (Plus i like Jeanne D'arc too much to not be annoyed. my ideal anime version of her is the one in the Level 5 rpg, btw. I'd be all over a Fate version of her if she looked more like that)

To be honest I'm surprised Jeanne looks so much older than Saber here though. They look the same age in the official art I've seen.

BeyondTime
I actually kinda like the face up on this new Saber. Doubt I'll be willing to carve out the budget for her though.

Jeanne on the other hand. . . I do not like her head at all; the eyes are too far apart to me. Her outfit is really cool, but it looks like she's L bust. If she were M, I would consider going in a split for it for Fate.

Looks like an L shapely to me too. I have a bad feeling the cut of her outfit might not fit a normal L.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Talolili

I think I'll go for Saber but I was hoping for Luka!

I want to redo my Saber sister witch story.

SakuraSylph

Hey neat, this is cool! Sure, it falls right in line with the "if there exists a Saber then Volks will eventually DD it" philosophy, but that's not necessarily a problem. I like these; they look nice, especially the outfits.

Aside:

I do wonder about the faceup on this new Blue Saber though. Looking at the photo's details makes me nervous that if I bought her as-is I might have the same reaction to her as I did to unboxing Saber Alter v2 where I found unexpected dark blushing that wasn't on v1. How hard would it be to reduce or eliminate the heavy blush and get rid of the pink lipstick whilst leaving the rest of the makeup intact.. basically make it look more like Blue Saber v1's style?

I've had to sell DDs in the past because I couldn't get past Volks' "modern" (2012+) overheavy blushing style on them, even if I liked them otherwise. I was too chicken to mess with a default faceup. Maybe it's time for that to change? Is that a good decision to leave well enough alone, or is the makeup fixable at all without wiping and starting over?

(Occasionally Volks doesn't overblush on more recent dolls, and I found that out of everyone I've owned, those are the ones I keep. For example Konpaku Youmu, Ranko Kanzaki, and Alice Kuonji. It'd be nice to not have to play faceup lottery anymore on top of doll lottery though for new releases!)

SakuraSylph

Poofiemus

I not only agree, but feel like a blasphemser: I actually feel like the Azone Jeanne looks better.

In this household, sanity is considered a tresspasser.

JChiibs

~Sister Kyoya

Iirc the older Sabers with armor were 95,000 Yen, so figure somewhere around $900 - $1000 with fees, per doll. I believe Excalibur and Avalon (Its scabbard) had an extra cost, but I am not 100% sure about that.

Okay so I'm not crazy in thinking it would be safe to save out $3k (I'm kinda paranoid.)

What I am worried about is that this will be a full prepay like with the new rules for the lotteries. Shelling out $2000 and then waiting a year would be nuts. I hope Volks realizes this wouldn't be reasonable.

I think if they did that #1 they would loose a ton of business and #2 it would put a lot more pressure on Volks having all that money (and the responsibility) looming over them for about a year. What if someone moves? After a year Volks removes the invoices from the site, and that's common for that to happen with the preorder girls. There could be other numerous problems with changing the payment model for preorders. I' not saying they won't but it could potentially be highly problematic. Plus the Lottery girls have a very short turnaround, making the prepay model not too surprising.

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram