Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

AyaToyBox

FGO X Dollfie Dream : Jeanne d'arc and Saber

DaemonNoyz
Hi guys, I must have missed this but what is the "DD-f3 frame" that has been talked about here?

It's the newly reworked skeleton soon to be released in DD Pretty idolmaster girls

https://www.volks.co.jp/imas/en/about_ddp/

i guess Volks will update the standard DD girls to have it too?

Ah ok, I remember that now! Thanks

Victoria

I don't care about Fate but damn...I want that crown and cape. :o (You can pm me if you have plans for preordering Saber and don't like the extra stuff she comes with XD) Probably her head as well. I bet she'd be a very pretty...boy.

MegWesley

Oh man! I Saber so much! She is just so cute and the armor does look pretty cool. Sadly, the price will probably be too rich for my blood. I will still be pondering though.

I wonder if Jeanne will come with the pennant too. That would be kinda cool to see.

Home: Hatsune Miku ♡

JChiibs

Personally I have to laugh at the fact that there are so many comments (other than my own) that these sculpts would make great boys. Why? Because when I started the hobby 5.5+ years ago with my first DD being Tamayuki, I was always having to correct people that he was a boy. I think at that point in time there may have been barely 5 DD boys on the forums, and I'm not sure if Tama could have been the first MDD boy here. He was misgendered so often that I eventually made this after seven months. It was just such a strange thing to most collectors at that point that DD could even be boys at all. I still remember the frequent comment that Volks would never make boys because their otaku fanbase would revolt.

So much has changed. And yet there is still no MDD boy body.

~Sister Kyoya

12926590414_996a8b87ea_o.png

Forum Blog: Badger Pocket Tales (Family story from the beginning) | { Old Family story reboot: Start Here! }

Follow me on Twitter, Flickr & Instagram

SlyViolin

Would definitly like to get my hands on the Saber dress and crown if anyone is looking for a split and just want the head and body.

shikaree

So, it seems like they're slowly switching from DD3 to DDf3... how long would it be until all their releases are DDf3? How likely is it that 2B or Kaede are going to be on DDf3?

BeyondTime
So, it seems like they're slowly switching from DD3 to DDf3... how long would it be until all their releases are DDf3? How likely is it that 2B or Kaede are going to be on DDf3?

I guess I think they should wait to see what issues there are with the new frame once the DDPs are in the hands of consumers before really going full bore into the new frame. No 1.0 product ever survives contact with the consumers.

Except maybe a Rolls Royce.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Monty

That's what I'd like to know - whether these actually will be the first f3 ones or not (outside of Yayoi/Iori but their whole body is new anyway) since a year is such a damn long time to wait to know more.

During the preorder for the DDP girls, the Volks stores had a DDP with a blank 10 head on display for customers to play with (under supervision, with gloves). I got to play with it then, unfortunately at the time I'd basically only just got Rin, my first DD, so it was harder for me to tell then what it could do that a DDIII couldn't. If they do something like that again I'm definitely going to try now that I have a lot more experience with posing DDs and understand their limits better. I'm really eager to know because these photos of Saber and Jeanne don't reveal much - their armour would get in the way of more ambitious posing anyway I assume.

SeirenMachina

My two favourite Fate girls... And I just started back at uni so money is tight. How long do I have to save up again? ^^

Monty
My two favourite Fate girls... And I just started back at uni so money is tight. How long do I have to save up again? ^^

Until ''Autumn'' next year. Last's years preorders are shipping in October, so this will probably be similar. Hopefully its doable for you if you can put a little away each month.

SeirenMachina

Until ''Autumn'' next year. Last's years preorders are shipping in October, so this will probably be similar. Hopefully its doable for you if you can put a little away each month.

Oh wow. So I basically have a year? That's pretty doable then. Thank you! I'll be pre-ordering both I think in that case, just going to have to work my butt off!

marishade

WOW. Holy Fishnets those prices! I am having a hard time justifying that, I could almost get two or three of basically every other type of doll I own for that price. I would love to have one of those. . . . but idk, that is a hard price to swallow.

P.S. Swanmay I love your profile pic, Bioshock is in my top 5 favorite video game series list.

BeyondTime
WOW. Holy Fishnets those prices! I am having a hard time justifying that, I could almost get two or three of basically every other type of doll I own for that price. I would love to have one of those. . . . but idk, that is a hard price to swallow.

Yeah they are high, but keep in mind that aftermarket Blue Saber is over $3000, and Saber Lily is $3000 - $6000. This is the cheapest you are likely to ever see a Saber in full armor with a sword.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

shikaree
Yeah they are high, but keep in mind that aftermarket Blue Saber is over $3000, and Saber Lily is $3000 - $6000. This is the cheapest you are likely to ever see a Saber in full armor with a sword.

Ebay prices, maybe. But you can take your pick of mandarake, jungle, or yahoo auctions and pretty easily find ones for cheaper. You have to keep in mind that, at those prices, they sell very slowly. It only works out because there are very few for sale. If just 10 people simultaneously wanted to sell their Saber Lily tomorrow, and wanted to sell them in any reasonable amount of time, the price will drop immediately.

Volks is of course looking to sell more than just 10, 20 dolls. The prices for these are pretty high. 109k without tax. So, plus tax, exchange to USD, the price currently around $1070 USD plus shipping. I think $1120 is enough to make people think twice. Volks is pushing it a little.

NeeP

Oooooh... that BRAID. I really, really want that wig of Jeanne's...

Don't get me wrong, the dolls look simply awesome. But at this point and probably for a lot of points after, I can't afford them. And to be honest, I am not very familiar with the series. But I'd love to get that wig...

Niki P.

Vinyl brood at home: Len, Noah, Kenji, Rinto, Kiri, Eiji, Anais, Rin, ‘Red’, Lenka, Kai, Midoriya, Marc, ‘Sue’, Terra, Night, Frankie, Anna and Chitose.

mangaemi

Ooph my heart.... that's a huge price tag. Dx

It's one of those deals where I wish they pieced her out separate, so if you wanted her full regalia you can get it on top of things, same with her crown.

I've always wanted Saber.. but geez that'll be a hard sell to convince the spouse of.

♥ ★ ✮ ~ Amassing an army of Anime Cuties ~ ✮ ★ ♥

The Family: Sheryl, Ranka, Kirika, Arlex2, Yoko, Snow Miku, Haruka, Student Mariko, Prisma Illya, Akira, Maria, Cirno, Noumi, Asuna Titania, Sakuya

on the way: want: Sailor Moon, Miki, Yukiho

magique

Bleh volks, why so expensive. has any other dollfie been this pricy? i thought they only charged an arm and a leg for their resin girls.

BeyondTime

Ebay prices, maybe. But you can take your pick of mandarake, jungle, or yahoo auctions and pretty easily find ones for cheaper. You have to keep in mind that, at those prices, they sell very slowly. It only works out because there are very few for sale. If just 10 people simultaneously wanted to sell their Saber Lily tomorrow, and wanted to sell them in any reasonable amount of time, the price will drop immediately.

When I was shopping for my Lily I don't think I found one on Mandarake for less than ¥ 200k, and that one wasn't NIB and needed some work. Which is fine, I like dolls that need a bit of fixup.

My point though is $1100 is a pretty good opportunity for people who wanted a Saber in armor, but couldn't afford after market. Considering that in 2010/2008 were ¥ 95000 new it's not really that surprising it's gone up to ¥ 109,000.

Monty

Wasn't Cosmos this high or similar?

I'm not surprised that the price increased a bit. 9 years is a long time and inflation happens. It's not as ludicrous as Figmas price hikes - I bought a new figma at RRP, about 3000 yen plus tax in a store in Akiba in 2011, these days a figma with the exact same amount of accessories is closer to 6000, and is part of the reason I lost interest in them.

Still, it makes me kinda anxious because I really hope that one day they do Gil - and it's likely if they did, they'd do his bling armour for maximum oomph (even though I hope against hope it'd be his white shirt/snakepants from /Zero that they had him in for those one-off display SDs at Christmas Dolpa last year.) I could never justify paying that much for Gil because tbh I can't stand the guy (the only reason I hope he gets made is because I know his sculpt would be perfect for a character I've wanted for ages now, and I feel like he's got a better chance than most similar male characters due to Volks already having the Fate license, and the high interest in those display-only SDs)

shikaree

Both Kos-Mos and Saber Lily has more items than these releases I think. They were 95k without tax. And no, there's been no inflation. Over the last decade or two it's been pretty much at zero. Several years with deflation.

Shizusan

I don't know how I can afford this but I'm going to try to get both lol.

my wife is going to kill me lol

SakuraSylph
Considering that in 2010/2008 were ¥ 95000 new it's not really that surprising it's gone up to ¥ 109,000.

Also, New Blue Saber now comes with more items - she did not have the crown nor the fur cape the first time around. Gotta build those into the price too, which at Volks DD accessory prices comes pretty close to accounting for the difference between the two numbers.

SakuraSylph

BeyondTime
Both Kos-Mos and Saber Lily has more items than these releases I think. They were 95k without tax. And no, there's been no inflation. Over the last decade or two it's been pretty much at zero. Several years with deflation.

Kos-Mos came with way more stuff than Lily for sure. The large guns were extra, but she came with three weapons on top of armor and clothing.

Lily has a more complex cloth outfit, but Kos-Mos has much more complex armor. I'd say Lily's is more versatile overall She basically came with three complete outfits: lingerie, her dress, and her full armor.

Kos-Mos cloth outfit is kind of useless without the armor to go over it.

I can't speak to inflation in Japan, but as salaries increase so do costs across the board. If the people working at/for Volks aren't making more money than they did 10 years ago then something is wrong.