Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

foo

Dollfie Icon

MichelleAK

I’m probably going to enter for the romantic glance Clover. It’s sure to be a long shot, since I don’t think they did a RG version last time, and Clover is pretty popular. I also like the RG Serra, but I can’t enter for two of them, in case I do get extremely lucky and win both. 

Katiazza

My roommate and I both want to enter for one but I'm worried about Volks thinking we are the same person. We have different names and cards, but obviously the same billing address. Has anyone had any problems with this in the past? I've entered a couple of lotteries but never had anyone else at my address try for the same doll

Edited by Katiazza

*Yuzu* DDS Yaya

*Yuuko* DDIII Aozaki Aoko

*Sakura* DDII Uryuu Sakuno

HazelMaze

Still personally passing on these for now...but DANG Lilac is looking /amazing/

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Katiazza said:

My roommate and I both want to enter for one but I'm worried about Volks thinking we are the same person. We have different names and cards, but obviously the same billing address. Has anyone had any problems with this in the past? I've entered a couple of lotteries but never had anyone else at my address try for the same doll

Pretty sure two different people with different banks isn’t going to be an issue. You have to provide proof of identity to open a bank account, so you won’t be seen as the same person. 

The rules are generally 1 Volks account per person, and one entry for an item per account. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

baldylox
17 hours ago, MichelleAK said:

I’m probably going to enter for the romantic glance Clover. It’s sure to be a long shot, since I don’t think they did a RG version last time, and Clover is pretty popular. I also like the RG Serra, but I can’t enter for two of them, in case I do get extremely lucky and win both. 

From what I recall seeing in the past, I think this is the first time Clover has been available with the Romantic Gaze eyes.  Iris had that in the very first release at Dollpa but hasn't had it since.  The only ones who always seem to have the regular eyes and the RG ones are Serra and Terra.  Not sure why on that since both versions have their charms.

Billy

• Like 1

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

Maia

I love Serra so if manage to win her I would probably just put her head and bust on a semi-white skin or normal skin body for a uneven tan.

Edited by Mars

Katiazza
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

Pretty sure two different people with different banks isn’t going to be an issue. You have to provide proof of identity to open a bank account, so you won’t be seen as the same person. 

The rules are generally 1 Volks account per person, and one entry for an item per account. 

Oh that's very good to know! Yes it's different banks and names obviously. Thank you so much I was pretty nervous about it 😅

*Yuzu* DDS Yaya

*Yuuko* DDIII Aozaki Aoko

*Sakura* DDII Uryuu Sakuno

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Mars said:

I love Serra so if manage to win her I would probably just put her head and bust on a semi-white skin or normal skin body for a uneven tan.

The skin of the doll is somewhat iridescent, so it’s not just the skin color that doesn’t match the regular production bodies. 

She comes with a body that matches, so why are you thinking of swapping her?

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

moerunamida

Serra would so fit a character I have. I can't swing it this year, but man I'd love to get my hands on her. The Icons are so beautiful!

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

Maia
3 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

The skin of the doll is somewhat iridescent, so it’s not just the skin color that doesn’t match the regular production bodies. 

She comes with a body that matches, so why are you thinking of swapping her?

I like the dddy body better I would mod the bust. Or just put her head on a dddy 

Edited by Mars

baldylox

Yeah the body has a shine and shimmer to it that is made into the vinyl.  This isn't the best photo of it but you can kind of see it here on my Serra on her hand and thigh and tummy.  It shows up as a light purple to pinkish tone.

51146287990_e8cbfb63c7_z.jpgDSC_0223 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

Billy

• Like 2

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

pyoko
On 6/11/2021 at 8:43 PM, DaemonNoyz said:

Aw man, I love the new makeup for Clover and Lilac 😍 I'd trade my 2020 Clover for the 2021 version if I could! ❤

I am just the other way round, I don't like Clovers new make up and would prefer to get the 2020 one xD

• Like 1

asianed
6 hours ago, pyoko said:

I am just the other way round, I don't like Clovers new make up and would prefer to get the 2020 one xD

Sounds like there's a deal to be made here... 😁

• Haha 2

pyoko
22 hours ago, asianed said:

Sounds like there's a deal to be made here... 😁

🤔 

I would have jumped all over trying to get her back in 2020 if they had matching joints. I love the green skin and her make up, but the joints are bugging me a lot

• Like 1

asianed

Since it is Icon season, I recently redressed mine for display in the dining room (which has an Asian theme). 

IMG_20210611_175950.jpg

• Like 4

Subaru

image.png.edb49a952bca720832354e21cf31a254.png

I had the chance this weekend to meet-up with my friend I got some pictures of the Petal skin color in comparison with a recent (2020) Flesh hand and Semi-White.

It seems pretty consistent with @Cauldroness's pictures. Semi-white is probably a closer match to Petal vs Flesh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

My wallet needs a vacation 💸
spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy

Masteryoda1978

They’re so cute in their traditional outfits! Tawny even has little sandals! 

Kotone
53 minutes ago, Subaru said:

image.png.edb49a952bca720832354e21cf31a254.png

I had the chance this weekend to meet-up with my friend I got some pictures of the Petal skin color in comparison with a recent (2020) Flesh hand and Semi-White.

It seems pretty consistent with @Cauldroness's pictures. Semi-white is probably a closer match to Petal vs Flesh.

Ooooh that’s so awesome! If you really love the shimmer but prefer another DD head sculpt you could totally go with anything in semi white and just add a dusting of interference purple or blue mica powder to the faceup to make them match 🤩

thank you (and @Cauldroness !!!) for these comparison pics!

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Kotone said:

thank you (and @Cauldroness !!!) for these comparison pics!

Those are @Subaru’s photos.

@Cauldroness has comparison photos here: 

Kotone
4 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Those are @Subaru’s photos.

@Cauldroness has comparison photos here: 

Yeah I know I was just going through the whole thread and thanking them both for such thorough comparisons!

Edited by Kotone
  • Like 1

asianed

About 2 years ago, @baldylox and I put together a color study of all the different vinyl colors we were able to get our hands on. We are a bit overdue to update the pictures...

• Like 2

BeyondTime
35 minutes ago, Kotone said:

Yeah I know I was just going through the whole thread and thanking them both for such thorough comparisons!

My bad, I missed the “you, and” your post. XD

• Like 1

empty

Torn because I love romantic Clover but the piercings definitely don’t appeal as much to me as the fantasy ears from before. I think I will still enter but I’ll be okay if I don’t win too. 

monkeypizzasonic
10 hours ago, empty said:

Torn because I love romantic Clover but the piercings definitely don’t appeal as much to me as the fantasy ears from before. I think I will still enter but I’ll be okay if I don’t win too. 

Yeah, I'm kinda hoping the fantasy ears come back in the future. Would love to get a petal or tawny elf gal to go with my mermaid Clover.

Anna-neko

The iridescent sheen to their skin is a siren song.

The day Volks makes matching joints AND elf-ears in same Icon doll, is the day my wallet weeps

• Like 3