Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

foo

Dollfie Icon

baldylox
3 hours ago, Cauldroness said:

Spamming a photo of my own custom Icon... I'm so happy with how she turned out.

50744976236_65763a5fb5_z.jpg

Volks Dollfie Icon by Cauldroness, on Flickr

Wow.  Just.... wow.  Her coloring is amazing.  And those eyes shine with some serious depth to them.  You've done an awesome job with her!  <3 

Billy

• Like 2

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

BeyondTime
6 hours ago, Cauldroness said:

Spamming a photo of my own custom Icon... I'm so happy with how she turned out.

That’s flat out one of the most beautiful dolls I have seen. Not just her face up, but the outfit necklace and wig are perfect choices. The photo is perfectly setup too.

You have serious skills at this hobby. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Cauldroness
1 minute ago, BeyondTime said:

That’s flat out one of the most beautiful dolls I have seen. Not just her face up, but the outfit necklace and wig are perfect choices. The photo is perfectly setup too.

You have serious skills at this hobby. 

Seriously, thank you so much. This is one of the best compliments I've gotten. I think I'm cursed with that... I always see whatever little flaw in every photo I take, so I'm never happy, but comments like this remind me that I've come a long way and that's pretty darn good.

This is also where I confess that the "background" is me holding a literal pot of flowers behind her head while I juggle my cellphone in my other hand, and have my ring light leaning against my knee. You really don't need fancy backgrounds or high-end cameras to take pleasing photos... Just the willingness to twist yourself like a monkey for a good photo!

• Like 3

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

BeyondTime

You’re welcome, it was just a statement of fact. 

6 minutes ago, Cauldroness said:

Just the willingness to twist yourself like a monkey for a good photo!

There is a lot of truth to that! And I never would have guessed that this was a photo with a camera phone. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

DaemonNoyz

Hello again! I posted a while back (like 1 or 2 pages back) about my Icons legs swinging freely. I noticed its "loose" near the hips at the top of the legs (not the shins). Any idea how to tighten them? Thank you all in advance! ❤

20210116_224443.jpg

• Like 2

baldylox
20 hours ago, DaemonNoyz said:

Hello again! I posted a while back (like 1 or 2 pages back) about my Icons legs swinging freely. I noticed its "loose" near the hips at the top of the legs (not the shins). Any idea how to tighten them? Thank you all in advance! ❤

20210116_224443.jpg

This happens with the DD3 bodies.  A quick fix that always works for me is to take the legs off and then take a small bit of clear tape and wrap it around the peg on the inner frame once.  Then test fit for tightness.  Add tape til it's a tight fit.  You can also use nail polish to add diameter to those pegs.

Also, check the tubes/sockets in the legs for cracks.  If they are cracked then you'll need to go to Cool Cats website and buy some of their metal rings that reinforce those areas.  A quick fix for those is to use small zip ties around the outside of the leg tubes.

Hopefully this helps you out!

Billy

• Like 2

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

DaemonNoyz
1 hour ago, baldylox said:

This happens with the DD3 bodies.  A quick fix that always works for me is to take the legs off and then take a small bit of clear tape and wrap it around the peg on the inner frame once.  Then test fit for tightness.  Add tape til it's a tight fit.  You can also use nail polish to add diameter to those pegs.

Also, check the tubes/sockets in the legs for cracks.  If they are cracked then you'll need to go to Cool Cats website and buy some of their metal rings that reinforce those areas.  A quick fix for those is to use small zip ties around the outside of the leg tubes.

Hopefully this helps you out!

Billy

Thank you for the reply! I will try that. 😊

• Like 1

BeyondTime
51 minutes ago, Cauldroness said:

As always, more photos over on my Instagram!

That smoke is an excellent prop; it helps give her a bit of a bad girl vibe. 

Cauldroness
16 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

That smoke is an excellent prop; it helps give her a bit of a bad girl vibe. 

Thank you! I personally abhor smoking but it does add a little "naughty" / "film noir" feel.

Although now one of my friends said she looks like a grown-up Frankie Stein from Monster High and now I can't unsee it!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

BeyondTime
21 hours ago, Cauldroness said:

I personally abhor smoking

Ex-smoker here - there is a lot to abhor about smoking. 

• Like 1

marishade
23 hours ago, Cauldroness said:

Thank you! I personally abhor smoking but it does add a little "naughty" / "film noir" feel.

Although now one of my friends said she looks like a grown-up Frankie Stein from Monster High and now I can't unsee it!!

The silver hair helps cement that claim, and Clover's deep red lips. It is the first thing I thought of when seeing the photo!

Cauldroness
40 minutes ago, marishade said:

The silver hair helps cement that claim, and Clover's deep red lips. It is the first thing I thought of when seeing the photo!

Hahaha, oh the tricks lighting plays! She's actually a Serra (Petal Pink) and the wig is pink too! But her lips are very red and bold.

Here you can actually see her in color:

50886307601_4ddee86ae3_z.jpg

• Like 5

marishade

Wow, I am surprised! That is neat!

Galvatim

50891009881_d7391d97b2_c.jpg

This hoodie seemed perfect for Neon.  

• Like 10

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Galvatim said:

This hoodie seemed perfect for Neon.

That art almost seems inspired by Cyberpunk 2077. 

• Like 1

marishade

I was thinking of getting the same Hoodie for my Lilac!

• Like 1

ladyroselie

I tried to read several pages back, so I apologize if this has already been asked - but does anyone have any ideas if the Icons will be available this year?

I adore Clover and I'd love to try to add one to my collection. Green skin dolls are my weakness (I have 3 BJDs with green skin and just waiting on PO's to open for another 😆)

asianed
3 minutes ago, ladyroselie said:

I tried to read several pages back, so I apologize if this has already been asked - but does anyone have any ideas if the Icons will be available this year?

I adore Clover and I'd love to try to add one to my collection. Green skin dolls are my weakness (I have 3 BJDs with green skin and just waiting on PO's to open for another 😆)

The first two releases happened in the fall, I suspect it'll follow a similar pattern this year. I'd say look to August-November this year. 

• Like 1

ladyroselie
50 minutes ago, asianed said:

The first two releases happened in the fall, I suspect it'll follow a similar pattern this year. I'd say look to August-November this year. 

Thank you! That gives me some time to read up on them more, and to save 😅

That_Dollfie_Dude
23 minutes ago, ladyroselie said:

and to save

How much does a Dollfie Icon cost?

• Like 1

BeyondTime
2 minutes ago, That_Dollfie_Dude said:

Pretty sure they were around $700.00.

asianed
35 minutes ago, That_Dollfie_Dude said:

Looking back at my receipt from last fall, my order came to $785 with shipping. Base price was $750.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1