Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

foo

Dollfie Icon

Jezrah

I thought the original point of the different colored joints was that Volks USA had thought up this special project in order to use up existing leftover frame parts once they were discontinued. That's why they were still on the DDIII frame. We have no way of knowing just how many spare frames they had lying around to be used for this, or even if the vinyl parts were made in one run or more. It's theoretically possible that they were all made at once in the beginning and are parceled out with the slight variations when needed. Separating the full run into smaller groups would make it so that they didn't have to do quite so many hand painted makeup jobs at once.

That's mostly speculation about the vinyl parts of course, but I really don't think they're still manufacturing DDIII frame parts for these dolls and are just still using leftovers. When the 1/6 Dollfie line was discontinued, they stopped selling then once they ran out of heads I think, since they are now doing limited releases of leftover body stock with newer heads. It's the same principle- they didn't just make more of the older parts.

Anyway, TLDR: I don't think the joints will match unless they decide to continue making these girls after they have no more leftover frame parts.

• Like 3

32717445532_3aa446bd94_m.jpg

Courtmom
8 minutes ago, Jezrah said:

I thought the original point of the different colored joints was that Volks USA had thought up this special project in order to use up existing leftover frame parts once they were discontinued.

Thats....a really good point. But it also debunks any theory that the reason they kept them the same color is so if there was break's they could be easily be replaced. Since discontinuing means no more product... I guess no one really knows except the vinyl gods themselves XD

Lurks
1 hour ago, asianed said:

On the smart dolls, I don't know how many of the blue made it into the wild. They're also allegedly being discontinued, possibly because of high price for production?

Huh. That's interesting, that's the first time I've heard about that rumor!

Although, tbh, I don't know how Danny thought they'd be a sustainable product when he kept the run so limited.

Courtmom
31 minutes ago, Lurks said:

Although, tbh, I don't know how Danny thought they'd be a sustainable product when he kept the run so limited.

I feel like that line right there, sums up Danny's business thought process. Jk. But no really, he has already told us that everything he makes is first and foremost for himself and that always proves to be the case for a lot of things he has said he will make and then doesn't. Like don't get me wrong, I love that he seems to be a great boss and he isn't pushing his employees too hard, but he could be more willing to hear some suggestions from the purchasing populace.

empty
7 hours ago, Courtmom said:

Thats....a really good point. But it also debunks any theory that the reason they kept them the same color is so if there was break's they could be easily be replaced. Since discontinuing means no more product... I guess no one really knows except the vinyl gods themselves XD

There are still many ways to get excess older frame parts and depending on the vinyl shells itself you could eventually do the expensive upgrade to swap upwards so to speak.

Best of luck again to everyone who entered.

foo
On 7/12/2021 at 3:43 PM, Jezrah said:

I thought the original point of the different colored joints was that Volks USA had thought up this special project in order to use up existing leftover frame parts once they were discontinued.

I don't think it's even that; I think it's more like,

Volks USA: Hey we want to make dolls using funky vinyl colors.

Volks JP: How about no?

Volks USA: Ok, what about when you're not using the DD3 molds anymore, can we have fun with them then?

Volks JP: Ok I guess that will work.

For an experiment it makes sense to use unused molds, especially since they'd want to do a bunch of different prototypes with different vinyl formulations. It's probably time consuming to make up batches of custom vinyl and then produce a small quantity of dolls with them. OTOH when you get a normal doll you can expect that the bodies & heads were not close to being manufactured at the same time, because they stockpilie bodies* and produce heads in limited runs for whatever they're trying to sell.

The probably will move to f3 at some point, now that they have a good idea of how popular they are and what works. But it is easier to use the DD3 molds since they're not used for anything else.

*this assumption is based on the fact that it's always so easy to pull the vinyl hands off their frames for whatever hands a doll originally came with. They must be getting comfortably stretched for a long time to slip off that easily. At the very least they're stockpiling hands...

CrazyDollPerson

So my lottery order is no longer showing in my order details and when I put in the order number it says "error you are not allowed to view the details of this order" Is that normal? I was able to see all my lottery details before, even the ones I lost in the past. I don't recall them disappearing in the past, but I didn't pay too close attention either. Anyone else have this happen?

Sebby
2 hours ago, CrazyDollPerson said:

So my lottery order is no longer showing in my order details and when I put in the order number it says "error you are not allowed to view the details of this order" Is that normal? I was able to see all my lottery details before, even the ones I lost in the past. I don't recall them disappearing in the past, but I didn't pay too close attention either. Anyone else have this happen?

The results of the lottery were supposed to be announced by the 23rd, so I'd suggest contacting VolksUSA. I have never heard of this happening, (I am not in US but I have had friends joining lotteries there), but maybe they are busy with website stuff or there may be a glitch. I do know that on Volks JP it tends to disappear if you didn't win (and then pop back up later), but I think it'd be a bit early now?

(disclaimer, English is not my main language, so I am not too sure about what "by the 23rd" means, instead of "on the 23rd".)

Edit: seems like it happened to my friends too. Half of her order is gone, only 1 remained. Seems like it is the case then that if you don't win it disappears. (and since Volks only lets you win one, it'd make sense if the people who do win only have one left in their order. 

Edit 2: Does anyone know how it will work with payment? Do you get an email with payment info right after the result? Or later? (I had someone (the friend above) help me and she may have won my grail, so I am currently trying to calm down.

(I promise I'll stop editting my post now xD)

Edited by WorldofBJD

CrazyDollPerson
2 hours ago, WorldofBJD said:

The results of the lottery were supposed to be announced by the 23rd, so I'd suggest contacting VolksUSA. I have never heard of this happening, (I am not in US but I have had friends joining lotteries there), but maybe they are busy with website stuff or there may be a glitch. I do know that on Volks JP it tends to disappear if you didn't win (and then pop back up later), but I think it'd be a bit early now?

(disclaimer, English is not my main language, so I am not too sure about what "by the 23rd" means, instead of "on the 23rd".)

Edit: seems like it happened to my friends too. Half of her order is gone, only 1 remained. Seems like it is the case then that if you don't win it disappears. (and since Volks only lets you win one, it'd make sense if the people who do win only have one left in their order. 

Edit 2: Does anyone know how it will work with payment? Do you get an email with payment info right after the result? Or later? (I had someone (the friend above) help me and she may have won my grail, so I am currently trying to calm down.

(I promise I'll stop editting my post now xD)

Ah ok, so I assume I didn't win then. I only put in for the one doll. I guess the only way I would win is if any of the winners don't pay...so still a slim chance maybe?

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, WorldofBJD said:

"by the 23rd" means, instead of "on the 23rd"

Anytime after midnight on the 23rd. 

Edit 2: Does anyone know how it will work with payment?

The winner email will include payment instructions and a deadline for payment. 

and since Volks only lets you win one, it'd make sense if the people who do win only have one left in their order.

You can only win one of an item as in you can’t win two Tawnys, but you can win a Lilac and a Tawny. 

4 hours ago, CrazyDollPerson said:

So my lottery order is no longer showing in my order details and when I put in the order number it says "error you are not allowed to view the details of this order" Is that normal?

You can go to your account settings and if you won something there should be a profile tab with a list of groups. The groups are names of things you won, but they are a bit more like descriptive product codes so you have to decipher them a bit. Usually the groups don’t show until a day or two ahead of the winner email. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Sebby
52 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

You can only win one of an item as in you can’t win two Tawnys, but you can win a Lilac and a Tawny. 

You can go to your account settings and if you won something there should be a profile tab with a list of groups. The groups are names of things you won, but they are a bit more like descriptive product codes so you have to decipher them a bit. Usually the groups don’t show until a day or two ahead of the winner email. 

Nope, this year it was literally one. One of my US buddies double checked it and it was only one. So if you apply for four different ones it would either be one or none. It's different than the last years. 

But thanks for the info. Hopefully the fact that one doll remained with one of my buddies will be good news. My other buddy had her whole order disappear. Fingers crossed!

BeyondTime
47 minutes ago, WorldofBJD said:

It's different than the last years.

Interesting. I did check the product site, but didn’t see the rules spelled out. Those are usually on the product page on the web store, and that’s gone. 

I’m going to try and copy those details into the calendar events. It always bugs me that we can’t recheck those details after the entry period ends. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

marishade

If it is true that "no matter how many Icons you entered the lottery for, you only got one" and I had known, I would have entered for both Clovers!

My lottery entry on my Orders page has also disappeared.

Sebby

So this was in the rules: 

Screenshot_20210628_080400.jpg.d739c26c1303ff61a93dafd7488dbdb3.jpg

I took a screenshot back then to ask her about it (since my english understanding can be bad at times) and she checked and confirmed it was only one of the six you could win. That's why she ended up applying for four different ones for me. 

• Thanks 1

CrazyDollPerson
3 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

I messed around and found the lottery entries, this current one and my past ones. They all say pending, so maybe there is still a chance since we still have 4 days.

BeyondTime

So this was in the rules: 

Screenshot_20210628_080400.jpg.d739c26c1303ff61a93dafd7488dbdb3.jpg

I took a screenshot back then to ask her about it (since my english understanding can be bad at times) and she checked and confirmed it was only one of the six you could win. That's why she ended up applying for four different ones for me. 

This is their standard boilerplate for lotteries. Basically it means if you enter for multiple items, in the event you win, you might only win one of the items you entered for. It doesn’t mean you can’t win all the items you entered for, but rather that each item you enter for is its own separate lottery draw.

I think maybe the confusion is over the word “may.” In English “may” can be used to express permission, but it can also be used to express possibility.

e.g.

“You may have one cookie.” meaning you’re only allowed to have a single cookie.

“You may not get the job.” meaning you might get it or might not get it. 

English can be a real pain in the butt, and the nuance to a word with multiple meanings requires reading it in context.

With that said, if Volks staff told her she could only win one, even if she enters for all of them, then I would take that as the rule for this lottery. I think they do reserve the right to alter the terms based on changing circumstances, and they have the final word on how their events work. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Victoria

User groups seem to be active now.

Haha, that's the first time for me entering for a doll on VolksUSA and actually seeing that user group tab. 😆❤ Seems like finally I got lucky.

Entered for lilac. 

• Like 2

Masteryoda1978

Where is the user group tab supposed to be please? Does anyone have a screen shot? Thank you! 

BeyondTime
2 minutes ago, Masteryoda1978 said:

Where is the user group tab supposed to be please? Does anyone have a screen shot? Thank you! 

Go to My Account > Profile Details. You should see a tab for User Groups, but I think it takes them a few days to load them all so if you don’t I would check back Thursday and still check your email Friday. 

• Like 1

Masteryoda1978

Thank you when I click on my profile details it only goes into my profile details and it doesn’t show anything else yet for me. I entered for Clover. 

marishade

I see the user group tab on my profile.

Entered for Clover RG.

• Like 1

moerunamida

I bit the bullet and entered for Serra knowing I'd have to sell my Miku for her if I won. I didn't think I'd win (and I'm still not counting chickens before they hatch), but luck would have it. I'm freaking out a bit right now.

• Like 1

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

Masteryoda1978

I’m guessing I probably lost then since it seems the tabs have been loaded. But at least by looking for the tab I know early instead of having to wait until Fri. Congrats to the winners! 

Masteryoda1978

What is everyone’s experience with the winning tabs? Does Volks usually load the winners in the system all in at once? Or do they sometimes stagger the loading times so that some are loaded in early and some loaded in later hours or days? This is my first lottery so I would like to know. If they usually load them in all at once then I can be fairly certain that I didn’t win. Thank you. 

i know BeyondTime answered this and said that sometimes it can take a few days to load them all and I thank you for that! But I’m wondering if that is an assumption or if people have seen this happen in any given lottery. 

Edited by Masteryoda1978