Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

foo

Dollfie Icon

baldylox

I've been hiding this adoption for close to a month now and it's time to release her into the wild!  😄 

A friend of mine showed me an ebay auction for a DD Icon Serra and she was starting at a good price but had a make an offer tab on her auction.  So I sent the seller an offer and they accepted!

So let me introduce my 3rd Icon girl, Serra!

51144507052_6692b27956_z.jpgDSC_0202 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

51144506167_329e7eb14b_z.jpgDSC_0208 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

I really love the iridescent skin on her, she glows out in the sun!

51146288585_afdbc729e3_z.jpgDSC_0218 by Billy  Bennett, on Flickr

I'll do a full photo spread of her this weekend instead of clogging up this thread.  😉 

Billy

• Like 5

I gave up counting the girls I own, they keep multiplying and won't stop.

BeyondTime
7 minutes ago, baldylox said:

I've been hiding this adoption for close to a month now and it's time to release her into the wild!

Congrats, she’s always been one of my two favorite Icons. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

baldylox
5 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Congrats, she’s always been one of my two favorite Icons. 

Thank you!  Which is your other favorite?

Billy

BeyondTime
1 minute ago, baldylox said:

Thank you!  Which is your other favorite?

Tawny, the only reason I never tried for her was the joint color mismatch. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

baldylox
1 minute ago, BeyondTime said:

Tawny, the only reason I never tried for her was the joint color mismatch. 

Ahh I gotcha.  I agree that Tawny is my favorite too, she's the one I saw first in the Volks ads and it was love at first sight.  😉 

Billy

• Like 1

BeyondTime
1 minute ago, baldylox said:

I agree that Tawny is my favorite too

Sorry, her proper name is Terra and Tawny is the color, but I always want to call her Tawny because she looks like a Tawny. 

• Like 1

baldylox
2 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

Sorry, her proper name is Terra and Tawny is the color, but I always want to call her Tawny because she looks like a Tawny. 

Oh I feel ya!  I named mine Tawny because it just fits her perfectly.  I also recall a lot of hot models back in the 80's and 90's named Tawny and since mine is a model, it works well no matter how you slice it.  😄 

Billy

• Like 1

baldylox

In case no one noticed, Volks sent out a teaser image that states we are getting another chance to adopt an Icon girl in July!  I'm super excited because I actually have money for Iris and she's the last one I need to complete my Icon Family!  I sure hope I can get one this time around, I *need* that lovely purple skinned girl in my life!  <3 

Billy

• Like 3

Miabird24

If they have matching joints this time I'm buying! Hoping if they do have matching joints it's upgraded to F3 too.

• Like 1

baldylox
On 5/30/2021 at 8:29 PM, Miabird24 said:

If they have matching joints this time I'm buying! Hoping if they do have matching joints it's upgraded to F3 too.

Seeing as how the Icons were made to celebrate the joints on the vinyl bodies, I seriously doubt they will change that now.  I personally don't even see the joints on my girls anymore.  As for the bodies, I would certainly love to see them use the F3 bodies this time around but I'll be just as happy with the DD3.  I'm sure if they did use the F3 then the price would go up.

I'm sure they will come up with some other different thing for the girls this time.  First time they gave them earrings and piercings, the second run got elf of sprite ears.  So I wonder what they'll do this time.... I would love option busts for them.  Maybe large or Shapely large as an optional purchase. I'd love that! 

Billy 

BeyondTime

I don’t see them changing the joints, but eventually they will move to f3 for no other reason than the DDIII body parts will no longer be available.

• Like 1

moerunamida

*crosses fingers for a money tree to land in her lap*

I wish there girls were available seasonally. It seems like there is enough interest in them that the lotteries end up in a lot of disappointment for people. Make them a preorder, and I'd be good with that!              

• Like 1

r75s0k.gifCircle (Towa) Yui (MDD) Coralie (MDD) 88 (Kizuna AI) 1rukij4.gif

ChrisFhey

I saw that Tawny girl the other day. Oh how I wish we could get that colour for our Dollfie Dreams. I'd kill for a brown girl (figuratively speaking, of course)

Maia

I would love that too terra skin tone is close to mine.

Sebby

OMG another chance would be great. Time to start saving then. Hopefully a pre-order this time because it was kind of a disappointment to lose the lottery and see some people win three :'D And hopefully on the international site again too. I NEED ONE. NEEEEED.

• Like 1

BeyondTime

I would love it if they released the Tawny color as a part of their regular lineup. I doubt they would ever add all the icon colors, but Tawny is a pretty much a real skin color and DD should have that color available. 

• Like 2

ChrisFhey

Yes, I do hope we get a proper dark skin colour eventually. I know there's the tan skin now, but that can hardly be called dark skin.
I wonder if they're worried that proper dark skin wouldn't sell well in Japan, as I assume they're not really accustomed to it over there? (At least, I assume so, I'm not a Japan expert by any means)

• Like 1

Veravey

How I would love a purple DD <3

• Like 1

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

Maia

Tawny skin tone really reminds me of an gyaru 

• Like 1

ChrisFhey
4 minutes ago, Veravey said:

How I would love a purple DD <3

That would actually be pretty cool as well. I'd put elf ears on her and pretend she's a Night Elf from Warcraft. :3

• Like 1

Veravey
3 minutes ago, ChrisFhey said:

I'd put elf ears on her and pretend she's a Night Elf from Warcraft. :3

I was thinking elf ears too! But for my DnD character.

70bd410303de9031a1afb573843dcacd.png.a48f1dc6d61ab6edc4b230c8b73cedfb.png

• Like 1

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

empty
31 minutes ago, ChrisFhey said:

That would actually be pretty cool as well. I'd put elf ears on her and pretend she's a Night Elf from Warcraft. :3

Maybe it’s the TBC Classic launch talking, but now when I look at the joints on Clover all I can think is that they’d work for a Forsaken doll. She’d still need some creative painting past that but :ymdaydream:

• Like 1

Masteryoda1978

I really like these and I’ve been waiting for them to come back. They remind me a little of Monster High Dolls in a way but also have their own unique look. There’s nothing I don’t like about them. My favs are Clover and Iris but any and all are nice. I am newer to DD and new to this board although I collect many others dolls and toys. For years and years! Haha I’m new also to the Volks lottery...I’ve never entered a lottery yet. What are peoples experience with winning these lotteries? Is it usually fairly easy to win or does it seem to be nearly impossible? It seems that quite a few people are still hoping to get one. 

The Volks doll that I purchased was through a 3rd party seller. I’ve read several things about the Volks lottery system but I still don’t quite understand. When you enter do you have to pay upfront for the full cost and your card will show the cost as “pending” but you will only officially be charged if win or to enter do you just enter your card info and it will only charge you if you win?

All in all though, I truly hope these will be for a preorder to avoid possible disappointment for the many people who seem to enjoy them. I’m not a fan of lotteries in general at ALL. Although I can understand for a very limited run of something. But from what I understand this is the 3rd year for these with a lottery so I would think that if people are still waiting to be able to get one and they’re that popular then why would Volks not do a preorder for them?  I can understand a lottery maybe the first year/run for these, maybe even a second year, but after that I would hope for a preorder. I read somewhere that their face is hard and time consuming to makeup because of the iridescence so possibly that has something to do with the limited runs?  

Maia

Clover reminds me of Frankie stein and tawny reminds me of clawdeen. I meant terra.

Edited by Mars
Called terra tawny
  • Like 1