MagicalRozen

Baldylox

angelicore

puyoo doll kumako?

ateliervanilla
28 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

She’s adorable! Thank you so much for posting this photo ♥️

No problem!

Since she's resin, she's a little heavier, plus wearing and undressing clothes can be a bit more of a challenge. I like to keep her for the fact that resins don't stain easily (she's the only one I can bravely put on dark clothing!) and can be cleaned quickly with magic eraser. I only take her out for photos but couldn't display her unlike the vinyl dolls since she could "yellow".

• Like 1

Twitter: lostgormotti Instagram: atelier.vanilla Facebook: AtelierVNL

jiu9999

I have a boy named KaKa form this brand hahaha

I think this barnd isn't famous outside Asia.

• Like 1

Misuka

So it looks like this month on the 26th they are releasing the Sanrio Kumako? It's hard to read from the weibo. Does anyone know if this will be available outside of China on international or if an agent should be set up ahead of time?

SFSakana
On 7/8/2022 at 5:04 AM, Misuka said:

So it looks like this month on the 26th they are releasing the Sanrio Kumako? It's hard to read from the weibo. Does anyone know if this will be available outside of China on international or if an agent should be set up ahead of time?

I think they only have lottery within China, I received the lottery winning result of Kuromi Kumako not long ago. 
Not sure if they will open for international. 

• Like 1

They need love to become pretty!

SFSakana's FacebookPage | Instagram | Twitter | YoutubeSalesPage

DollForum_signature1.jpg.535caf3bc6385f534bc6c15028ae8eec.jpg
DollForum_signature2.jpg.29a356f3a56f1d07ddc0f9991d5b6a0c.jpg

Lynn

OK, stupid question, I know: Puyoo Doll is Chinese, right? So their currency should also be Chinese yuan, correct? But if so, price tag is WAY off. But then again, if the currency is Japanese yen, the price tag is still way off, but in the different direction! 🤣

Edited again: yep, it was Japanese yen after all. Welcome home, Baby Kumako. 💙 I can hardly wait! (If I understood correctly, it was a Basic set, so the price tag was reasonable after all. I just couldn't resist it, basic sets are the best, you can customise them however you want!)

Edited by Lynn

Cheesecake
9 hours ago, Lynn said:

OK, stupid question, I know: Puyoo Doll is Chinese, right? So their currency should also be Chinese yuan, correct? But if so, price tag is WAY off. But then again, if the currency is Japanese yen, the price tag is still way off, but in the different direction! 🤣

Edited again: yep, it was Japanese yen after all. Welcome home, Baby Kumako. 💙 I can hardly wait! (If I understood correctly, it was a Basic set, so the price tag was reasonable after all. I just couldn't resist it, basic sets are the best, you can customise them however you want!)

A good way to tell is to see where the dolls are sold. Everything listed on their fc2 shop is in JPY since that's the platform they primarily use to market internationally, mainly to JP customers. 

The ones on taobao/weidian are in rmb or chinese yuan. 

• Thanks 1

Misuka
On 7/30/2022 at 7:31 AM, SFSakana said:

I think they only have lottery within China, I received the lottery winning result of Kuromi Kumako not long ago. 
Not sure if they will open for international. 

Congrats on winning. Were they one offs or a limited run, or just limited to China?

Cheesecake

It seems to be limited to China for now. I saw a lot of people selling the clothing sets as a pre-order on xianyu (secondhand chinese market branched from taobao) for roughly 1200 rmb (with 300 as the deposit price) though since it seems that they are mainly interested in the doll given that lala and ruru have been harder to obtain nowadays. 

If you're interested in the fashion set, it's worth checking out but you'll need an agent that can purchase from xianyu. 

• Like 1

Cheesecake
6 hours ago, Misuka said:

Congrats on winning. Were they one offs or a limited run, or just limited to China?

4 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

It seems to be limited to China for now. I saw a lot of people selling the clothing sets as a pre-order on xianyu (secondhand chinese market branched from taobao) for roughly 1200 rmb (with 300 as the deposit price) though since it seems that they are mainly interested in the doll given that lala and ruru have been harder to obtain nowadays. 

If you're interested in the fashion set, it's worth checking out but you'll need an agent that can purchase from xianyu. 

Forgot to add quote in my reply. 

SFSakana
On 7/31/2022 at 11:59 AM, Lynn said:

Average price for Kumako is about RMB2600-4000 (USD400-600)
Be careful if you are getting Puyoodoll/kumako from xianyu reseller or agents, there's a lot of recast thus you can see some of their price are extremely cheap on xianyu. 

Best to get them from official dealer platform if you want to ensure your dolls are authentic. 

9 hours ago, Misuka said:

Thanks! Yeah seems like just limited to China, I'll be only getting my Kuromi Kumako next year, they split into 5 batches if I'm not wrong. 

• Like 1

They need love to become pretty!

SFSakana's FacebookPage | Instagram | Twitter | YoutubeSalesPage

DollForum_signature1.jpg.535caf3bc6385f534bc6c15028ae8eec.jpg
DollForum_signature2.jpg.29a356f3a56f1d07ddc0f9991d5b6a0c.jpg

Misuka
10 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Thank you, I'd prefer the whole dolls and I guess I'm willing to pay scalper price at this point. Such is life! wish me luck 🤣
I had wondered where a lot of the resale on taboao had gone, thank you for the tip.

Cheesecake
On 8/4/2022 at 10:26 AM, SFSakana said:

Average price for Kumako is about RMB2600-4000 (USD400-600)
Be careful if you are getting Puyoodoll/kumako from xianyu reseller or agents, there's a lot of recast thus you can see some of their price are extremely cheap on xianyu. 

Best to get them from official dealer platform if you want to ensure your dolls are authentic. 

This is important too! Xianyu can be very risky to buy fron if you're not familiar with the jargon used in the chinese doll community. 

I still browse there daily since its the only good place you can find discontinued goods for the dolls from the community there though lol.

Here are some tips for those who are still interested in taking the dive. 

There are a few important terms to take note of when it comes to avoiding recasts on xianyu apart from the sussy price tags. 

First off there's "d娃" and "z娃".

d娃 is the shorthand for 盗娃 (dao wa) which means "pirated doll".

z娃 is the shorthand for 正娃 (zheng wa) which means "authentic doll".

Pirated doll listings also come with a string of ds (like ddddddd) to indicate that it's pirated. 

Authentic doll listings will usually mention boxes and COAs. 

The words “证箱齐” mean that both the box and coa are included. But there are instances when it could be worded differently. So just look out for the words "证" (coa) and "箱" (box). Sometimes the coa and box could be packaged differently depending on which doll part you buy. Some sellers send the coa with the head, box with the body etc. 

Some sellers have screenshots of proof of purchase too. You can always ask your agent to ask about the coa or box using those words if the listing is unclear. 

The keyword for headplates is "头牌" this ones slightly tricky because certain authentic batches (usually the very first batches) lack headplates. And this could be mentioned in the listing so it's still important to look for other indicators of authenticity. 

Sometimes the prices for authentic listings can be lower because the seller is selling a part instead of a full doll but it's not reflected in the images on the listing. 

单头 refers to just the head

素体 refers to just the body 

整娃 refers to a full doll

裸娃 refers to a blank doll

无妆 means no faceup

整套 means fullset

配件 refers to option parts

捆 is the term used for bundle deals. 

I had to learn this one the hard way the first time because I misunderstood a xianyu listing for a milk tea ruru lol.

Basically, some listings will have options where you can either buy a whole bundle of items at a set price. Or buy a doll at a lower price but inclusive of a bundle of items that would cover the remaining price. Or as an additional item on top of the main item in the listing. 

Then there are the terms“直出” and “可直拍” which generally mean "selling directly" and "open for direct sales" respectively. These are indicators that the seller is able to sell and ship out the item directly and the ideal terms to look out for to make the process less complicated. 

The other terms to look out for:

出 indicates the poster is looking to sell

换 indicates the poster is looking to trade

收 indicates the poster is looking to buy

挂 indicates the poster is leaving the listing up with the consideration to sell but haven't decided yet. 

Then there's just the word "hold" to indicate that the listing is already booked by someone.

• Thanks 5

Cheesecake

So I took this for personal reference since I just got my hands on a noxious ruby secondhand. Figured I might as well share it here in case anyone else might need something like this without having to scour places like weibo.

It's a size and body comparison of a few other 1/4 anime resin bjds adjacent to kumako's style alongside my kumako lala.

(This is the best image I can take for now since its late here and there's nowhere I could place them on properly orz) 

Nsfw warning for nudity. 

IMG_20220813_044740.jpg.698537065ef6665c44d57d00bbcd1476.jpg

Left to Right: Imomodoll Noxious Ruby (semiwhite skin), Kumako Lala (cream skin), shoushoudoll cat coco (comes with bunny doudou body mdd normal skin), shoushoudoll niko (mdd normal skin) 

The shoushoudoll dolls and kumako lala were ordered in 2021 and have been kept in their boxes with no noticeable yellowing. 

chef_mai

I know heads can fetch 1-2K USD at the high end, but this borders on insane. And the auction still has a little bit of time to go.

spacer.png

• Confused 2

RozenGermain

Wonder if Kumako dolls are seen as that desirable to a lot of people that the prices are jacked up.... like the cheapest one I could find was still between 4-500 in USD (60,000 Yen), and I think that low price was probably cause it was a boy doll, which I think might be seen as less desirable for some reason. 🧐

Edited by RozenGermain
forgot some stuff to add...

0bsequi0us

Maybe it's because it's a brothertiti faceup? I know their work is really sought-after, partially because they hand-paint eyes to go with every faceup they do (which might be pretty common for all I know, but I know people like their eyes). Still, ay carumba 😵

Kumako are really cute but they've always been too expensive for my tastes considering their restricted posability. But I'm glad they're so popular because now there are a lot of alternatives that are aesthetically almost identical but much less expensive. 🤪

Edited by 0bsequi0us
  • Like 1

RozenGermain
4 hours ago, 0bsequi0us said:

Maybe it's because it's a brothertiti faceup? I know their work is really sought-after, partially because they hand-paint eyes to go with every faceup they do (which might be pretty common for all I know, but I know people like their eyes). Still, ay carumba 😵

Kumako are really cute but they've always been too expensive for my tastes considering their restricted posability. But I'm glad they're so popular because now there are a lot of alternatives that are aesthetically almost identical but much less expensive. 🤪

Haha that reminds me, I might be looking for a body in the vein of Kumako at some point, though anything male, short (by 1/4 standards) and cutesy would suffice for me... But yeah I still wonder how desirable a boy doll is for Kumako collectors, considering the price of the one I saw on yahoo auctions. I mean, I don't think they are well represented in the market, but I should think that makes them more desirable right?

milkytea

I'm almost sure it's because it's BrotherTiti. TT faceups are a big deal!

Edited by milkytea

RozenGermain

Yeah I can tell from how jacked up the price is in that SS. To my amusement a girl Kumako did show up in the auctions just now for half the price of the boy, probably cause the shape isn't as good or something. How much do the TT faceups usually go for anyway cause WOW that is still nuts as others said!

Cheesecake
7 hours ago, RozenGermain said:

Yeah I can tell from how jacked up the price is in that SS. To my amusement a girl Kumako did show up in the auctions just now for half the price of the boy, probably cause the shape isn't as good or something. How much do the TT faceups usually go for anyway cause WOW that is still nuts as others said!

Titi is based in China and while they have a twitter and instagram, they are more active on platforms like weibo. As far as I'm aware, there were people who were able to commission them via instagram but they're not always readily available (and their eyes aren't available for online sales). So demand is high. 

Dolls that are priced lower typically have damages or imperfections from use compared to a newly casted one. Puyoodoll recently re-released a number of kumako dolls after the release of baby kumako due to interest from the twitter poll results they had last year. And they sell out pretty quickly so the brand as a whole is pretty high in demand. The body shape is pretty much the same just different heads and genitals between the genders. 

Kumako dolls are also pretty pricy in their original price for their scale (e.g the regular kumakos that are MSD sized is three times the price of what MSDs typically cost in the chinese BJD market, which puyoodoll is a part of. Same goes to the YoSD baby Kumakos.)

Some faceup artists are already showing off baby kumako sized Kumako egg head samples given to them by puyoodoll so the momentum of the brand is pretty strong. But they're also subject to availability for specific sculpts and skintones which adds to the demand. 

Edited by Cheesecake

HimboPrinceLuka

Sorry to necro this thread, im just excited over the recent re-release of milk tea and chocolate skin again! i managed to get a lala in chocolate skin through a proxy and im so excited, though she wont be here until july. Does anyone have any clothes reccs for the,...especially bottoms i know they are bigger than standard MSD sized dolls on the bottom half.

Cheesecake
22 hours ago, HimboPrinceLuka said:

Sorry to necro this thread, im just excited over the recent re-release of milk tea and chocolate skin again! i managed to get a lala in chocolate skin through a proxy and im so excited, though she wont be here until july. Does anyone have any clothes reccs for the,...especially bottoms i know they are bigger than standard MSD sized dolls on the bottom half.

Kumako has a fair selection of clothing available due to their popularity. 

For bottoms, this shop has quite a few that come with pants. If you see the words 熊妹 included on the title of the listing, it's an indicator that they include kumako sizes of the outfit as well. 

https://m.tb.cn/h.UypSERk

Here are a few more individual listings for kumako sized outfits with pants. 

https://m.tb.cn/h.UCYfw5h?tk=AALEdKK2o8j

https://m.tb.cn/h.UxTQgjh?tk=dN9sdKKXrwF

https://m.tb.cn/h.Uyp7XEH?tk=f64gdKK2Ltp

https://m.tb.cn/h.UCYggso?tk=0gULdKKd8Dn

https://m.tb.cn/h.UCYgrny?tk=E7VcdKKW7wq

https://m.tb.cn/h.UxTQDVC?tk=QqModKKWP8C

https://m.tb.cn/h.UCttGcG?tk=FqHrdKKWLHK

Some listings are pre-orders, but the ones I've listed so far are in-stock. 

If you're looking for bottoms like skirts they are quite easy to come across. 

On taobao searching 熊妹 娃衣 will get you some quick results. And on the JP side searching kumako ドール服 on booth.pm will also lead you to quite a number of listings. Comibaby a bjd brand that you can also find on taobao, sells clothes made specifically for MDDs and kumako too. 

• Like 1

HimboPrinceLuka

@Cheesecake thank you so much for the info and links it helped a lot! 

• Like 1

HimboPrinceLuka

I heard that there are talks of puyoodoll discontinuing milk tea and chocolate skin due to risk of marbling QAQ which like ok most ppl know now that the darker colors have that risk...

milk tea isnt even that dark tbh but just...disclose there might be imperfections?? if anyone here speaks japanese and likes having milk tea and chocolate as options i urge u to contact puyoo and tell them to keep it in their line up...idk if itll work but it will tell them ppl want it at least?