Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

angelicore

puyoo doll kumako?

RozenGermain

Personally, I ordered with the Japanese website rather than the CN one. I also used a different proxy called Zenmarket too but I think the one you used would still be okay.

• Like 1

ragnamuffin
50 minutes ago, Lucybean said:

Yes that is the website I gave them! They asked me to use the Japan website instead which had this link: http://puyoodoll.cart.fc2.com/ the only issue with this though was that there are no baby eggs on this site, only the regular eggs... (⁠ ⁠;⁠∀⁠;⁠)

Not sure why they don’t list Baby Kumako on their FC2 cart. I thought FC2 carts were for products already in Japan at the time of sale, so it’s possible that they only list products that don’t have to be shipped from abroad, but that’s just speculation on my part.

59 minutes ago, Lucybean said:

When you say tabao shop, you mean to see if Puyoodoll has a shop on that platform correct? Because I would like to check that, just that website has been a little confusing to me hehe (⁠;⁠^⁠ω⁠^)

Yes. I looked around but couldn’t find anything, so hopefully someone who knows more will chime in. For Chinese proxies, I’ve heard good things about Christina from New Clover Singing.

Personally, I think it would be easier for you to get a 1/6 Imomodoll or TinyFox—they have similar proportions to Baby Kumako but are cheaper and much easier to find, and will cost less to ship since vinyl is lighter than resin. But take my advice with a grain of salt since in this hobby it’s always better to get exactly what you want than to settle!

Lucybean
40 minutes ago, RozenGermain said:

Personally, I ordered with the Japanese website rather than the CN one. I also used a different proxy called Zenmarket too but I think the one you used would still be okay.

Okay, I appreciate the info again! Also knowing another trustworthy proxy is awesome, so thank you! o⁠(⁠(⁠*⁠^⁠▽⁠^⁠*⁠)⁠)⁠o

Lucybean
8 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

Personally, I think it would be easier for you to get a 1/6 Imomodoll or TinyFox—they have similar proportions to Baby Kumako but are cheaper and much easier to find, and will cost less to ship since vinyl is lighter than resin. But take my advice with a grain of salt since in this hobby it’s always better to get exactly what you want than to settle!

Honestly speaking, I was very interested in tiny fox in the beginning, which is wild you mentioned them! (⁠✿⁠^⁠‿⁠^⁠) However, I got scared of how a lot of people were saying how easy they are to stain. If you would have any tips on how to help prevent staining them while not having to just have no clothes on them all the time that would be super, and maybe I'd consider one.... Do you know if they can come as unpainted bare dolls though?

ragnamuffin
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Lucybean said:

However, I got scared of how a lot of people were saying how easy they are to stain. If you would have any tips on how to help prevent staining them while not having to just have no clothes on them all the time that would be super, and maybe I'd consider one....

Older TinyFoxes are a bit tricky because they have soft coating skin, which feels nice but gets destroyed with conventional stain treatments. Supposedly the formula is being reworked so that newer TinyFoxes won’t have this issue, but we don’t know since they haven’t been released yet. If you want to buy your doll now, then unfortunately it would come with the coating and you would have to be extra careful with it.

You can always use a bodysuit to prevent stains, although it’s not a foolproof method since the dye from the clothes sometimes seeps through the bodysuit and stains the doll anyway, but in my experience that’s rare. The easiest way is to keep the doll in light-coloured clothing and to wash or colour-fast any dark clothes.

11 minutes ago, Lucybean said:

Do you know if they can come as unpainted bare dolls though?

Yes, they do.

Edited by ragnamuffin
  • Like 1

Lucybean
57 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

Supposedly the formula is being reworked so that newer TinyFoxes won’t have this issue, but we don’t know since they haven’t been released yet.

Okay! That's definitely good news, I would not mind waiting for a better formula (⁠◡⁠ ⁠ω⁠ ⁠◡⁠) I'm also still very new so I should probably research a little more before rushing into a purchase (⁠•⁠ ⁠▽⁠ ⁠•⁠;⁠)

59 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

You can always use a bodysuit to prevent stains, although it’s not a foolproof method since the dye from the clothes sometimes seeps through the bodysuit and stains the doll anyway, but in my experience that’s rare.

I had heard of these and was interested in getting one if I purchased a vinyl bjd. I assume you just order them from the same place/maker you buy from?

Also on a side note I looked into imomodoll and love their molds too! Great suggestion! (⁠ノ⁠◕⁠ヮ⁠◕⁠)⁠ノ⁠*⁠.⁠✧

• Like 1

ragnamuffin
4 minutes ago, Lucybean said:

I had heard of these and was interested in getting one if I purchased a vinyl bjd. I assume you just order them from the same place/maker you buy from?

Usually yes, but bodysuits from other makers sometimes fit if the doll has similar measurements, so you can shop around somewhat. My Azone doll wears a bodysuit from Parabox since Azone doesn’t make them and I was reasonably sure it would fit.

8 minutes ago, Lucybean said:

Also on a side note I looked into imomodoll and love their molds too! Great suggestion! (⁠ノ⁠◕⁠ヮ⁠◕⁠)⁠ノ⁠*⁠.⁠✧

I’m glad you like them. If they came with preprinted faces that I liked I would have bought one by now.

• Like 1

Lucybean
2 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

Usually yes, but bodysuits from other makers sometimes fit if the doll has similar measurements, so you can shop around somewhat. My Azone doll wears a bodysuit from Parabox since Azone doesn’t make them and I was reasonably sure it would fit.

Well thank you for all the advice you've given me, you really helped me out, I was feeling really confused, I appreciate it a lot! (⁠つ⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠)⁠つ

• Like 1

MoiBakaDesu
1 hour ago, Lucybean said:

Honestly speaking, I was very interested in tiny fox in the beginning, which is wild you mentioned them! (⁠✿⁠^⁠‿⁠^⁠) However, I got scared of how a lot of people were saying how easy they are to stain. If you would have any tips on how to help prevent staining them while not having to just have no clothes on them all the time that would be super, and maybe I'd consider one.... Do you know if they can come as unpainted bare dolls though?

If you do want to go the resin route and a similar look than Kumako is what you are looking for there are by now quite a few dollmakers out there who provide that and usually have a somewhat lower pricepoint than Kumakos. Although currently more in the 1/4 scale range than 1/6.

Guard-Love would be one for example.

• Like 2

Giragira
Posted (edited)

Jumping in to say you might also try Maydoll! They're also a cheaper similar doll type, though you might have to wait for the next pre-order for them if you don't get pre owned!

Edited by Giragira
Spelling errors
  • Like 2

MoiBakaDesu
1 hour ago, Giragira said:

Jumping in to say you might also try Maydoll! They're also a cheaper similar doll type, though you might have to wait for the next pre-order for them if you don't get pre owned!

Does Maydoll also have 1/6 scale? That is what Lucybean is looking for, if I caught that correctly.

• Like 1

RozenGermain
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, MoiBakaDesu said:

Does Maydoll also have 1/6 scale? That is what Lucybean is looking for, if I caught that correctly.

I think so, considering the mention of Baby Kumako being what they wanted. 1/6 Imomodoll and 1/6 Tinyfox are their best bets I can say. Tinyfox is really easy to stain without protection and even an anti-stain suit doesn't guarantee complete safety from stains. Heck, I didn't have an anti-stain suit, so I mummified Lyney with cling wrap and washi tape (which does work well I have to say).

Edited by RozenGermain
  • Like 1

Lucybean
14 hours ago, MoiBakaDesu said:

If you do want to go the resin route and a similar look than Kumako is what you are looking for there are by now quite a few dollmakers out there who provide that and usually have a somewhat lower pricepoint than Kumakos. Although currently more in the 1/4 scale range than 1/6.

Guard-Love would be one for example.

I have seen Guard love and did like the style, although 1/6 is more of my preferred scale.

11 hours ago, Giragira said:

Yes! Maydoll does the Lemoncat doll correct? I do love that design too, I just have no idea when their next pre-sale is haha (⁠´⁠⊙⁠ω⁠⊙⁠`)

10 hours ago, MoiBakaDesu said:

I think they do, but I could be wrong... If they did though that would be lovely (⁠づ⁠。⁠◕⁠‿⁠‿⁠◕⁠。⁠)⁠づ

3 hours ago, RozenGermain said:

I think so, considering the mention of Baby Kumako being what they wanted. 1/6 Imomodoll and 1/6 Tinyfox are their best bets I can say. Tinyfox is really easy to stain without protection and even an anti-stain suit doesn't guarantee complete safety from stains. Heck, I didn't have an anti-stain suit, so I mummified Lyney with cling wrap and washi tape (which does work well I have to say).

Yes 1/6 is my desired size since I think it's really really cute! (⁠つ⁠✧⁠ω⁠✧⁠)⁠つ And at least vinyl wise Imomodoll and Tinyfox were my faves this far. Good to know about the cling wrap and washi tape, that is a pretty simple yet genius idea (⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠)

Thanks again everyone for being so friendly and helpful!

RozenGermain
16 minutes ago, Lucybean said:

I have seen Guard love and did like the style, although 1/6 is more of my preferred scale.

BTW Fortunately, Guard Love does have similar body styles to Kumako in YoSD! Checked JanesDollLand so check and I saw them!

• Like 1

Lucybean
4 hours ago, RozenGermain said:

BTW Fortunately, Guard Love does have similar body styles to Kumako in YoSD! Checked JanesDollLand so check and I saw them!

Oh sweet!!!!!!! Good to know thank you! (⁠人⁠ ⁠•͈⁠ᴗ⁠•͈⁠)

Giragira
17 hours ago, MoiBakaDesu said:

Oh shoot you're right. I just started thinking of similar body styles 😅

• Like 1