Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

angelicore

puyoo doll kumako?

Anyalecter

Does anyone know if there are any reputable places to get the eggs now or are they mainly on the second hand market? 

I'd really love an egg-02 

RozenGermain

Right now... well I don't think Puyoo Doll has any pre-orders up so you might have to check out the second hand market. I was able to get my grubby hands on one of the boy Kumako sculpts second hand so it's worth a shot!

HimboPrinceLuka
On 6/20/2023 at 6:44 PM, Anyalecter said:

Does anyone know if there are any reputable places to get the eggs now or are they mainly on the second hand market? 

I'd really love an egg-02 

yeah its mostly second hand market rn as preorders aren't open...there are plenty floating around yahoo japan auction and mercari japan tho! for yahoo japan auctions i use ZenMarket proxy and for mercari japan i use buyee tho that doesnt always work as sometimes japanese sellers dont want to sell to proxies/overseas...theres also xianyu which is chinese second hand market and i usually go through Ayumist on discord for that...but there are probably other xianyu proxies.

Edited by HimboPrinceLuka

Anyalecter
On 6/23/2023 at 10:38 PM, HimboPrinceLuka said:

yeah its mostly second hand market rn as preorders aren't open...there are plenty floating around yahoo japan auction and mercari japan tho! for yahoo japan auctions i use ZenMarket proxy and for mercari japan i use buyee tho that doesnt always work as sometimes japanese sellers dont want to sell to proxies/overseas...theres also xianyu which is chinese second hand market and i usually go through Ayumist on discord for that...but there are probably other xianyu proxies.

On 6/22/2023 at 1:25 AM, RozenGermain said:

Right now... well I don't think Puyoo Doll has any pre-orders up so you might have to check out the second hand market. I was able to get my grubby hands on one of the boy Kumako sculpts second hand so it's worth a shot!

I managed to grab a second hand egg-02 off of a facebook group!! I'm so excited to get her

HimboPrinceLuka
17 hours ago, Anyalecter said:

I managed to grab a second hand egg-02 off of a facebook group!! I'm so excited to get her

oooh what fb group? i been looking for an egg02 on a boy body! 

HimboPrinceLuka

theres new egg heads that will be available june 30 to july 2nd according to puyoos twitter! 

spacer.png

Egg 04 on the left and Egg 03 on the right! I'm hoping my proxy can snag the 04 head for me! 

Edited by HimboPrinceLuka

RozenGermain

I toyed with getting one of the Egg heads (Egg-03) and I have to say, the only thing that could made me show restraint was just that I had no body available for the head. I caved and pre-ordered one just now though, lol!

AliceDoll

Hi! New here! Hopefully this is the right thread to post this -- if not please let me know where and I will go there instead!

I'm looking for this specific outfit for Kumako by the brand Dorothy. It's the mint cat maid set -- and its slipped from my fingers twice now. T_T once on Y!Ja and DoA

I can't get it out of my head and I'm dying to get this set! I don't know much about the brand as I haven't been able to find anything about it online at all T-T 

Any help is appreciated! 

Spoiler

spacer.png

HimboPrinceLuka

so i have a chocolate puyoo lala on layaway, ordered an egg 04 head, and now have a puyoodoll kuku on layaway as well....someone stop me 😅

• Like 2

HimboPrinceLuka

spacer.png(pic belongs to seller) 

This is the kuku i got on layaway!!! i think i might keep the feminine look for him tho its cute! 

• Like 4

HimboPrinceLuka

MY LALA SHIPPED AAAA i also made the first payment on my kuku! im so excited! 

HimboPrinceLuka

SHES HERE as of the 19th! She has two wigs already, i hope to find more pants that fit her...or make her some myself. I named her Aiko! 

spacer.png

• Like 2

ragnamuffin
On 7/2/2023 at 1:23 AM, AliceDoll said:

Hi! New here! Hopefully this is the right thread to post this -- if not please let me know where and I will go there instead!

I'm looking for this specific outfit for Kumako by the brand Dorothy. It's the mint cat maid set -- and its slipped from my fingers twice now. T_T once on Y!Ja and DoA

I can't get it out of my head and I'm dying to get this set! I don't know much about the brand as I haven't been able to find anything about it online at all T-T 

Any help is appreciated! 

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

I don’t know if you ever got your answer or managed to get this outfit, but it looks suspiciously similar to MujiaSasato’s clothing. They don’t have that particular outfit on Booth, but a lot of their stuff is very similar, so maybe you can get something close enough to satisfy?

https://mujiasasato.booth.pm/

• Thanks 1

HimboPrinceLuka

my kuku has shipped and is on his waaaay! i have eyes, a wig and extra hands for him already! 

• Like 1

AliceDoll

So kinda exciting!! I have an Egg-02 on its way to me!!! I never thought in a million years I'd get to own a kumako so I am super excited. 

I'm trying to get everything prepared for her now! 

I have a couple of questions for the more experienced kumako owners.. 

- What size wig does she wear? I know she's 1/4 scale, but the heads are bigger I think? 
- What about shoes? I heard that most MDD shoes won't fit. @_@; 
- What size eyes? 20mm? 22?? 

Thank you guys!! Once she gets here next week I'll have to share pictures!! 

• Like 2

AliceDoll
On 8/6/2023 at 10:55 PM, ragnamuffin said:

I don’t know if you ever got your answer or managed to get this outfit, but it looks suspiciously similar to MujiaSasato’s clothing. They don’t have that particular outfit on Booth, but a lot of their stuff is very similar, so maybe you can get something close enough to satisfy?

https://mujiasasato.booth.pm/

Thank you so much!! Their stuff is really really cute!!!!! 😮

• Like 2

RozenGermain
1 hour ago, AliceDoll said:

- What size wig does she wear? I know she's 1/4 scale, but the heads are bigger I think? 
- What about shoes? I heard that most MDD shoes won't fit. @_@; 
- What size eyes? 20mm? 22??

Well.......

- I'd say 8-9 in is ideal. Those are the ones that fit mine and I doubt anything smaller or larger would fit.

- MDD shoes actually can fit a Kumako doll as long as the shoe doesn't go too high up the leg, due to Kumakos having chubbier legs. I tested a boot meant for an MDD out on mine and it fit just fine. Here's a photo below as proof (Kumako is above, MDD is below).

0LAfwUY.jpg

- Both sizes should work though personally I think 22 cm is better for them.

AliceDoll

Okay thank you! That's super helpful!🥰 That gives me a good comparison!!! TY so much! 

Does anyone think or know if these style of shoes would work? These are MSD shoes from Dollheart .

spacer.png

I see online a lot of people specify between kumako size / mdd size @_@ I worry about getting something expensive then not being able to use it. I guess I can always sell it, but it's a hassle I'd like to avoid if possible! 

RozenGermain

MSD size shoes should be able to fit, since MSDs are the same scale as Kumako (1/4 scale). The main thing though is that I don't know if high heels would be able to work for Kumako without feet meant for high heels. Looking at these specifically though, they should be fine. When people specify MDD size and Kumako size, this is usually for clothing though. Kumakos have chubby legs, like I said, so MDD size pants and leg accessories (socks and legwarmers, as well as thigh high boots) would likely not fit. Tops like hoodies and shirts might likely be okay though.

Edited by RozenGermain
typo
  • Like 1

Sarah

I’ve had my eye on these 😁 they are just so cute!! Not in my budget right now but someday! 

Sarah

I don’t know how to edit, but this is the type of outfit set I’ve been seeing: 

https://x.com/pascalvv1061/status/1690605345431846913?s=46&t=bgGqsf4Etp8Wz-s-GXTuKQ

I’m just head over heels with how over the top these doll owners are. They make them simply gorgeous! This person does outfits, and occasionally I see other people list custom full sets for auction, around 1k USD. I feel like I could never justify that now haha but wow

Edit - found the edit! Just saw it disappears after a while

Edited by Sarah
Found the edit button
  • Like 1

Sarah

Sorry to triple post but I was wondering if a dollfie dream type head would work on a kumako body? I don’t know about dollfies but I really like some of the heads that go on auction. I ended up ordering both a Kumako-chan and Baby Kumako-chan, but I am really wishing I could get a professional looking head with faceup. I just don’t ever see any on the market, but I do see dollfie heads with fantastic faceups. Do you think it would work? Has anyone tried it?

EDIT: Silly note about my budget lol We unexpectedly sold two market ready pigs and suddenly I had some doll money :) should have gone towards paying off our kitchen but I splurged just a little 

Edited by Sarah
Forgot this part

Misuka

You always have the option of sending the head out to a faceup artist as well.

• Like 1

AliceDoll
6 hours ago, Sarah said:

Sorry to triple post but I was wondering if a dollfie dream type head would work on a kumako body? I don’t know about dollfies but I really like some of the heads that go on auction. I ended up ordering both a Kumako-chan and Baby Kumako-chan, but I am really wishing I could get a professional looking head with faceup. I just don’t ever see any on the market, but I do see dollfie heads with fantastic faceups. Do you think it would work? Has anyone tried it?

EDIT: Silly note about my budget lol We unexpectedly sold two market ready pigs and suddenly I had some doll money :) should have gone towards paying off our kitchen but I splurged just a little 

awee congrats! That's so exciting about the piggies and your dolls lol! 

Speaking of faceups.... does anyone have any cute photos/examples of faceupts on egg-02 faces? I keep seeing 01 and every other model, but no egg-02!! 

I'm looking for inspiration for my girl cause she desperately needs a re-do! 

• Like 1

Sarah
12 minutes ago, AliceDoll said:

awee congrats! That's so exciting about the piggies and your dolls lol! 

Speaking of faceups.... does anyone have any cute photos/examples of faceupts on egg-02 faces? I keep seeing 01 and every other model, but no egg-02!! 

I'm looking for inspiration for my girl cause she desperately needs a re-do! 

Thanks!!

There are tons on instagram if you search Kumako egg-02 :) 

Faceup on instagram