Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

angelicore

puyoo doll kumako?

Sarah
3 hours ago, Misuka said:

You always have the option of sending the head out to a faceup artist as well.

Thanks! I would if I had an extra head… I have an irrational fear that I would never see it again and have a headless doll forever haha

AliceDoll
2 minutes ago, Sarah said:

Thanks!!

There are tons on instagram if you search Kumako egg-02 :) 

Faceup on instagram

oh that's perfect! TT how cute -- nina's faceups are always so good *chef kiss*

• Like 1

Misuka
On 8/29/2023 at 1:04 PM, Sarah said:

Thanks! I would if I had an extra head… I have an irrational fear that I would never see it again and have a headless doll forever haha

Not completely irrational, it is always possible to lose something in the mail. However, I will say after years of being in the hobby, the stories of someone losing a head are rare. I've sent out quite a few heads (and full dolls) at times and had no issues. Turnaround can be a few months however, often artists do several heads at once and then spray them all in batches.

• Like 1

Sarah
4 hours ago, Misuka said:

Not completely irrational, it is always possible to lose something in the mail. However, I will say after years of being in the hobby, the stories of someone losing a head are rare. I've sent out quite a few heads (and full dolls) at times and had no issues. Turnaround can be a few months however, often artists do several heads at once and then spray them all in batches.

That is reassuring! I don’t know if I could wait a few months… oof.. I suppose I’d have to. If Renya were to do it, maybe I could 🤭 her Kumako faceups are all over twitter and instagram. It would be nice to be that good someday! 

HimboPrinceLuka

OMG I FORGOT TO UPDATE!!! I got my puyoodoll kuku this past Friday (sept 1st)! 

spacer.png

Say hello to Niko Hatsune!!!

• Like 6

sunlightandtea

Soooooo tempted to grab a puyoodoll Kumako but it’s so hard to decide between the egg 01 and 02!
Also I love the pics!! 

RozenGermain
48 minutes ago, sunlightandtea said:

Soooooo tempted to grab a puyoodoll Kumako but it’s so hard to decide between the egg 01 and 02!
Also I love the pics!! 

Welcome to the Kumako club, lol! Can't wait to see which one you choose (if you choose one obs)!

• Like 1

sunlightandtea

Thank you! 

Quick question though — Earlier in the thread it was mentioned that international shipping could be an issue. Has anyone had any problems ordering from the puyoodoll website directly to the US? 

Edit: Okay, I’m kinda laughing right now. You guys are not going to believe this. In trying to figure out a shipping estimate from puyoodoll.com I accidentally submitted an order (and I do mean accidentally). So… I will be getting a puyoodoll egg 01, and I will update this thread with my experience. Can’t believe I did that but oh well! Happy accident, I'm getting my grail doll!

Edited by sunlightandtea
  • Like 3

AliceDoll
On 12/20/2023 at 5:05 PM, sunlightandtea said:

Thank you! 

Quick question though — Earlier in the thread it was mentioned that international shipping could be an issue. Has anyone had any problems ordering from the puyoodoll website directly to the US? 

Edit: Okay, I’m kinda laughing right now. You guys are not going to believe this. In trying to figure out a shipping estimate from puyoodoll.com I accidentally submitted an order (and I do mean accidentally). So… I will be getting a puyoodoll egg 01, and I will update this thread with my experience. Can’t believe I did that but oh well! Happy accident, I'm getting my grail doll!

omgosh yes -- and congrats?? XD 

Please do let us know! I've been so tempted since they added some eggs! 

I know the baby kuamko's are .JP only -- so I'm really curious!! 

• Like 2

sunlightandtea
5 hours ago, AliceDoll said:

omgosh yes -- and congrats?? XD 

Please do let us know! I've been so tempted since they added some eggs! 

I know the baby kuamko's are .JP only -- so I'm really curious!! 

Thank you! xD I’ll have to figure out a cute way to name a doll ‘accident’… 

Will do! I haven’t gotten any email cancelling my egg order so I think they’re fine shipping those overseas. I don’t know what the preorder wait will be like either. I’ve seen waits of 2 months up to 6 months. Fingers crossed it’s short. I really can’t wait to get this little sweetie!! ^^ 

sunlightandtea

She shipped?!?!? I bought her yesterday and she shipped oh my gosh 

• Like 1

Milk
On 12/23/2023 at 4:33 AM, sunlightandtea said:

She shipped?!?!? I bought her yesterday and she shipped oh my gosh 

Congratulations on possibly getting your egg 001 possibly much sooner than anticipated. Please update once you got her!

• Like 1

At home: Victoria {DD Beatrice}, DD 2B, DD 9S

Waiting for: TinyFox Murphy

sunlightandtea
15 hours ago, Milk said:

Congratulations on possibly getting your egg 001 possibly much sooner than anticipated. Please update once you got her!

Absolutely! She's coming through UPS and it's estimated to arrive Wednesday. Note: Puyoodoll's come from China (confirmed on the DoA thread for them as well).

• Like 1

Milk
8 hours ago, sunlightandtea said:

Absolutely! She's coming through UPS and it's estimated to arrive Wednesday. Note: Puyoodoll's come from China (confirmed on the DoA thread for them as well).

That seems so quick! Fingers crossed there will be no bad weather or anything to mess up the estimate.

• Like 1

At home: Victoria {DD Beatrice}, DD 2B, DD 9S

Waiting for: TinyFox Murphy

sunlightandtea

She came in today and I am totally in love oh my gosh!! She’s my first resin doll and the resin is a much different experience. Very sturdy and solid. I like it! I’m not going to post pics of her because she is naked and eyeless but, she’s just gorgeous and I’m so happy! 

• Like 1

AliceDoll
4 hours ago, sunlightandtea said:

She came in today and I am totally in love oh my gosh!! She’s my first resin doll and the resin is a much different experience. Very sturdy and solid. I like it! I’m not going to post pics of her because she is naked and eyeless but, she’s just gorgeous and I’m so happy! 

That's amazing and honestly so shocked at how fast she got to you!! Just curious, but do you know what kind of shipping they provided you? Was it EMS/DHL Express??? 

• Like 1

sunlightandtea
13 minutes ago, AliceDoll said:

That's amazing and honestly so shocked at how fast she got to you!! Just curious, but do you know what kind of shipping they provided you? Was it EMS/DHL Express??? 

Yes same!! It wasn’t it was actually just UPS express! 

• Like 1

bonbon_155
On 8/16/2023 at 12:59 PM, RozenGermain said:

- MDD shoes actually can fit a Kumako doll as long as the shoe doesn't go too high up the leg, due to Kumakos having chubbier legs. I tested a boot meant for an MDD out on mine and it fit just fine. Here's a photo below as proof (Kumako is above, MDD is below).

seconding this! i got these volks lace-up shoes for my kumako recently and was a bit worried about them not fitting due to the chubby legs, but i ended up being able to lace them up just fine, even overtop of a pair of socks. definitely took a bit of figuring out with how exactly to wrap them around though lol (;・∀・) ...

rsz_shoesies.jpg

Lucybean

Hello! So I was researching Lemoncat, and heard that Puyoodoll was very similar and honestly started to love what I saw of them. When I visited the website though, I had some questions like: what do the different kumako eggs look like, what's the difference between the baby eggs and regular eggs, and what the skin tones available looked like as well. I couldn't see any actual photos on the site so I was curious.... I was also wondering how you order these, especially overseas. Do you order straight from their site, or through a doll store like Janesdolland? Also when do their preorders open? (⁠๑⁠•⁠﹏⁠•⁠) I'm so sorry for the long winded question, I just think these are super duper mega cute!!!! ~⁠(⁠つ⁠ˆ⁠Д⁠ˆ⁠)⁠つ⁠。⁠☆

RozenGermain

You can order from their site directly or with a proxy. The latter is the way you get a Baby/YoSD Kumako as I can tell you I had to do that. The eggs and their appearances are shown on the site itself in the pages for them, and as far as I'm concerned, the babies have not much of a difference from the MSD ones, though there is a chance that the MSD Kumakos have a chest joint. As for pre-orders, I think they have Eggs 1 and 2 in stock in both YoSD and MSD sizes.

• Like 1

Lucybean
Posted (edited)

Okay, thank you! I'm gonna go over there and check them out then and hopefully snatch one up!!!! I appreciate it!! (⁠づ⁠。⁠◕⁠‿⁠‿⁠◕⁠。⁠)⁠づ but quick ask if anyone knows a good third party to go through? I just don't want to get scammed haha (⁠*⁠﹏⁠*⁠;⁠)

Edited by Lucybean

Lucybean
13 hours ago, RozenGermain said:

You can order from their site directly or with a proxy. The latter is the way you get a Baby/YoSD Kumako as I can tell you I had to do that.

I just tried to order from a proxy called From Japan, but they cancelled my order saying the website didn't use Japanese currency and the store itself wasn't from Japan? It didn't make sense to me since it used yen and seemed to be in Japanese (⁠ꏿ⁠﹏⁠ꏿ⁠;⁠) Either way, is there any way you could let me know what proxy site you used when you ordered your baby Kumako, as that is the size that I like!!!

ragnamuffin
2 hours ago, Lucybean said:

I just tried to order from a proxy called From Japan, but they cancelled my order saying the website didn't use Japanese currency and the store itself wasn't from Japan? It didn't make sense to me since it used yen and seemed to be in Japanese (⁠ꏿ⁠﹏⁠ꏿ⁠;⁠) Either way, is there any way you could let me know what proxy site you used when you ordered your baby Kumako, as that is the size that I like!!!

Just to be sure, you tried to order from this website? I’ve never ordered a Kumako doll myself, but this is their official website and I’ve never heard of them not accepting Japanese currency. The website seems to be run by a Chinese person with an address in Japan, but the dolls themselves ship from China, so maybe the proxy you used was concerned about import taxes (and at this price point, it would trigger a tax). If they have a Taobao shop, it might be easier just to order directly from them instead of routing it through Japan.

Again, just to be sure since you’re new, you are aware that these particular dolls come without a faceup, right? You’re going to have to paint the face yourself or find someone who will, which can get expensive.

• Like 1

Lucybean
10 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

Just to be sure, you tried to order from this website? I’ve never ordered a Kumako doll myself, but this is their official website and I’ve never heard of them not accepting Japanese currency. The website seems to be run by a Chinese person with an address in Japan, but the dolls themselves ship from China, so maybe the proxy you used was concerned about import taxes (and at this price point, it would trigger a tax). If they have a Taobao shop, it might be easier just to order directly from them instead of routing it through Japan.

Again, just to be sure since you’re new, you are aware that these particular dolls come without a faceup, right? You’re going to have to paint the face yourself or find someone who will, which can get expensive.

Yes that is the website I gave them! They asked me to use the Japan website instead which had this link: http://puyoodoll.cart.fc2.com/ the only issue with this though was that there are no baby eggs on this site, only the regular eggs... (⁠ ⁠;⁠∀⁠;⁠)

When you say tabao shop, you mean to see if Puyoodoll has a shop on that platform correct? Because I would like to check that, just that website has been a little confusing to me hehe (⁠;⁠^⁠ω⁠^)

Also to answer your last part, yes! I did realize they were just the plain doll, but I really do appreciate you checking with me since I'm new and very confused at a lot of stuff so far. ⊂⁠(⁠(⁠・⁠▽⁠・⁠)⁠)⁠⊃ I know it might sound a little wild but since I do art for part of my living, I actually wanted to try and see if I could do my own faceup!

• Like 1

Lucybean
28 minutes ago, ragnamuffin said:

(Sorry it wouldn't let me edit my comment ಥ⁠‿⁠ಥ)

Also I was wondering if maybe a Chinese proxy could work instead? And if anyone knew of one that's reliable and doesn't just buy from taboo, but any url