Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Subaru

Slayers 30th - LINA=INVERSE

Monty

I’m really looking forward to seeing how they sculpt her head, she’s such an iconic looking character. She was also much wished for in the threads about what characters people want as DDs, so this must be very happy news for quite a few people here.

I’m hope we can expect to see more of these classic anime characters like Lina and Sailor Moon as DDs in future.

• Like 2

BeyondTime
20 minutes ago, Subaru said:

During VOLKS Hobby Round Online, it was announced that the Lina=Inverse of Slayers' fame will become a DD!

I did not see this coming, but this is one of my top anime.

Lina is really tiny, so I wonder if she'll be DDP.

Hopefully this is like Sailor Moon and they make a few of the characters. DDP Lina next to DDB Gourry or DDDy Naga would work.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Cydril

I am more excited for her than any other fullset DD so far! I freakin loved Slayers as a kid. I hope they do her  super cool 90s style justice! 😄

• Like 1

ButtonsMcGee

Oh man, I really hope they give her a custom sculpt instead of just use an existing sculpt. That's such a stylized anime that she'd need to be fully custom.

I really can't wait to see her!

BeyondTime
10 minutes ago, ButtonsMcGee said:

Oh man, I really hope they give her a custom sculpt instead of just use an existing sculpt

Pretty sure Volks doesn't use existing sculpts for limiteds unless they are making a new version of the same character.

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

solebria

Color me surprised! I am excited for this release though I have a feeling that just like Sailor Moon, her sculpt will give a feeling the character it's representing but will not completely capture her iconic style. However, I still love how Volks interpreted Moon, so I am sure Volks will do a nice rendition of her. 

Monty

Volks just retweeted this onto the DD twitter. Looks like Araizumi Rui, the Slayers illustrator, is supervising her creation.

Edited by Monty
  • Like 2

Victoria

Wow, this is SO exciting! 🥺❤ I had never expected that, tbh. (I thought she would be the type of character who might get a SmD-Release as her drawing style is very unique and special just like One Piece and Code Geas, haha)

I'm curious if she'll be already released this year.

Edited by Victoria

Innocentsake

Oh man I am super pumped for this news! 😍 Gotta tell hubby when he is awake because he will be so excited. He was the one that introduced me to Slayers 💖

• Like 1

BottleStar

*pulls out chair and sits down with popcorn* Oohh, this is gunna be good.

Tasuke

while i know little about SLAYERS, i do know that i love adorable Redheads...

FIGURE_118913_01.jpg?width=1920&height=1

• Like 1

2020164095_ANightatKonomi12-18-23550px.Horizont..png.35eaba54e8b03fbe6a7f7cd252209e94.png

BeyondTime
6 hours ago, Victoria said:

I'm curious if she'll be already released this year.

Based on what @Monty posted above, she is still in the design phase of her development. I would expect her mid to late next year. 

8 hours ago, solebria said:

I have a feeling that just like Sailor Moon, her sculpt will give a feeling the character it's representing but will not completely capture her iconic style.

I would think that she won’t have her signature ginormous eyes in DD form. 

• Sad 1

lardroom

Volks is hitting those nostalgia buttons hard. Slayers is one of my absolute favourite anime. I'm curious to see how they'll interpret that super 90's style.

Anna-neko

I am HYPE for this. Will she have armor? a tiny Gourry or Zel plush friends? The tacky new outfit, or the classic "pink with yellow undies over it" og TV series outfit??

and of course the most pressing question - Sister or Pretty body??? 'cause ya girl gotta be short!  (for any future releases, of course Naga will roll in on Dynamite body. You know it, I know it, many a fanboy know it)

Edited by Chise

Galvatim

Lina!  Finally!  Volks has released a ton of other Slayers merchandise, I've been hoping for a DD.

DDP would work best, in getting about a head's worth height difference between Lina and (hopefully, eventually) DDdy Naga.  

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Chise said:

Sister or Pretty body???

I think it almost certainly will be Pretty, especially if they plan to make any of the others. Even if they don’t make the others, Lina’s big head small body build really fits the DDP, and the DDP S bust fits her better than DDS SS or S.

The one character who probably has no chance is Zelgadis, they’d have to develop his entire body from the ground up. He’d be great though. 

I could definitely go for Naga, Sylphiel, and even Martina would make a worthy DD

1 hour ago, Chise said:

classic "pink with yellow undies over it" og TV series outfit??

Hopefully the classic, with all her accessories she’s not going to be cheap either.

2 hours ago, lardroom said:

Slayers is one of my absolute favourite anime.

I have a library of Megumi Hayashibara’s music CDs thank to Slayers. XD

The only question is do I binge watch Slayers now, or wait till she gets here...

• Like 1

Anna-neko
27 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

The only question is do I binge watch Slayers now, or wait till she gets here...

binge anime now, and do the Light Novels when she gets here!! (teh novels are coming in English, w000000t)

and also I think for the boys they'd just do a one-off display using their SDs, similar to how they had Archers for Fate/Type-Moon display that one time

• Like 1

Monty
6 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Based on what @Monty posted above, she is still in the design phase of her development. I would expect her mid to late next year. 

Not necessarily. The tweet literally says (in very formal jp) ‘[Volks] graciously allowed me to supervise DD Lina-chin too’ . So there is past tense, but that could just be in the sense that the allowing of supervision is past tense. It seems purposefully vague to me, but I was personally expecting her in December. They might even reveal her (probably not sell though) at HobbyRound in November with the other anniversary stuff. There should be more info on the items in the video then, anyway (although then again it might not include the DD in that either.), and if she is a December release she’d have been shown in Volks News before HobbyRound. (Either that or she’s April/May and we get more Sailor Moon, but for the sake of everyone collecting all the Sailor Moons I really hope they don’t do 3 releases in a year...)

(The ‘too’ is probably referring to the fact that theyve also supervised figures/charagumin kits, I assume?)

Edited by Monty
  • Like 1

Oh my god, I'm so excited for this announcement - looks like I need to rewatch the anime now! 

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Monty said:

They might even reveal her (probably not sell though) at HobbyRound in November with the other anniversary stuff

We can certainly hope this is the case. If this is the 30th year, then December makes the most sense. 

1 hour ago, Monty said:

and we get more Sailor Moon, but for the sake of everyone collecting all the Sailor Moons I really hope they don’t do 3 releases in a year...)

Yeah, as much as I want the Outers, this year Volks has been reaching into my wallet and pulling out fistfuls of cash, so please no more Sailor Moon until next year. 

archeotech

As usual Volks go for something no-one was really expecting... O.o I liked slayers so hopefully she looks nice but so many recent anime that they just don't seem to bother with anymore. I mean I'd love a Violet Evergarden doll for instance ^__^ 

This might very well be the pre-order project for this year or the Christmas doll...

BeyondTime
24 minutes ago, archeotech said:

This might very well be the pre-order project for this year

This years pre-order is Touhou Project, unless Volks does something really wonky with pre-orders Lina won’t be part of this years pre-order. I’d love it if she was though, as would a ton of Slayers fans. 

archeotech

Ah yes sorry, just saw the touhou news...

Guess she's possibly the Christmas doll then? We shall see!