Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Subaru

Slayers 30th - LINA=INVERSE

NeeP

Oooh...  Slayers was number two on my introductory to Anime list.  (Ranma 1/2 was my first.)

I usually don’t go for girl dolls, but I would try my best to snag a Lina, Naga and Amelia.   I will be looking forward to this.

Niki P.

Vinyl brood at home: Len, Noah, Kenji, Rinto, Kiri, Eiji, Anais, Rin, ‘Red’, Lenka, Kai, Midoriya, Marc, ‘Sue’, Terra, Night, Frankie, Anna and Chitose.

Banjo

Oh my lord! I can't wait To see her!!! I will need to check on how to order a new doll from Volks newbie here 😓. I heard about lottery? I guess I better do some homework about that now 😝

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Banjo said:

I heard about lottery?

She is likely to either be lottery or click-war.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Banjo
4 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

She is likely to either be lottery or click-war.

Ok great! Click war what the heck is that?

Edited by Banjo

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Banjo said:

Click war what the heck is that?

They put it on their webstore, and it’s first come first serve until they run out. Usually this is within about 30 minutes, and their website often becomes inaccessible to many potential buyers due to load issues. The doll can sell out before you are able to connect.

They do occasionally do a “quantity limit” preorder for dolls, but it’s pretty rare. In those pre-orders there is usually a small window of a few days or a week to place orders, and if they get more orders than expected they close the pre-order window early. We could hope they do this with Lina, but it’s the least likely scenario. 

We’ll have to see what Covid does to their December Dolpa, assuming Lina is one of the end of year dolls, then their sales plans could be very different if we have another online Dolpa. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Silent

Theese news about DD Lina Inverse raised me up from the chair. I hope she wont use Dragon Slave in anybodys collection who-ever gets her. :) 

(I guess I have another dream doll on my future wantlist)

• Like 1

20blackbags

I woke up and found Japan twitter going crazy on my feed. 

37030639-B15A-47E9-9F4E-4A84B7253DDD.jpeg

3B6E75A7-15ED-4818-AAAC-950B9348F8DF.jpeg

F67273C1-650E-4DC0-BEA8-FD3A6800B6BD.jpeg

E25C1FC9-98ED-4E0E-9B07-C63BF5204517.jpeg

BB82ED49-C62D-4BF2-878D-219BFF8F24D5.jpeg

9718287C-950D-446F-8363-1B6DF33DA27E.png

67B309FD-54A4-4C3B-A6B3-7B7210F256D8.png

851197EB-3E66-47C3-BA0B-E5812D8DECE7.jpeg

4B08DBDA-2255-46C4-9B37-D8F713B04A4A.jpeg

A8518FD4-36CF-4141-BFB7-9119A2C4AFA0.png

Edited by 20blackbags
Add more photos
  • Like 6

sunlightandtea

Oh my gosh, she has so much character and charm!

Victoria

She looks so much like Lina, it's amazing. ;-; Why Volks are you doing this to me. 

I bet she will come out in the same month as Elsa and Anna.

Cauldroness

Volks did such a great job! She really captures the bright energy of the character and I love how unique her mold is. I bet she's going to be mega-popular!!

• Like 1

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

kalisha

I love her the only but its the wig, the color its too red, she has orange hair color and i have the perfect wig for her.

lardroom

That is 90s anime as ffffffff! Wow wow wow.

Just needs to give significantly  more body to the hair to be more accurate.

mogaman39

Araizumu sensei says something about an announcement next sunday?

Ichigokitty

Oh no I desperately need this one

• Like 1

Ren

I'm not sure how I feel about it. I love Slayers to bits, but don't know... Maybe she'll grow on me :). But the costume is definitely great!

Edited by Ren
  • Like 1

BeyondTime

Lina was not going to be easy to sculpt, but they managed to capture her character perfectly.

I wish they had the Volks DD logo on her so we'd know what body she's on.

The scale of her head to her body makes me think DD or DDS. Her legs make me think DDP; DD & DDS have curvier thighs and the upper thigh in particular has a more pronounced curve I'm not seeing in these images. It could just be the angle of the poses though. Her bust could either go either way as DDP S or DD/DDS SS Bust, so no clues there.

52 minutes ago, Victoria said:

I bet she will come out in the same month as Elsa and Anna.

I think it's almost certain she is going to be the December Dolpa doll, but it's probable that there will be a second as yet unannounced DD, and 2 more resins if Frozen is being handled like Disney Princess.

Veravey

Oh goodness, she's incredible; they captured her confidence so well! This makes me dream of Rayearth DDs, that early to mid 90s fantasy style is so nostalgic~

• Like 3

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

hats
1 hour ago, Veravey said:

Oh goodness, she's incredible; they captured her confidence so well! This makes me dream of Rayearth DDs, that early to mid 90s fantasy style is so nostalgic~

My wallet would be doomed if that were to happen. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Amara77

Wow! I'm surprised Volks came through on this one! She actually looks great!  I love her face shape, and how they painted her eyes!  They captured he very well I think!  Considering how flat the Sailor scouts fell I was pretty nervous for Lina, but damn finally a DD face with character!  Bravo Volks!

http://amara77.wordpress.com blog and shop

Spoke too soon....

Selenae

@Amara77 Much agreed, and I am quite jealous that Lina looks so amazing compared to the Senshi. As a longtime Moonie I was mostly disappointed with the sculpts, especially for such iconic characters. I felt Volks could have done far better in capturing them. Anyways, Volks really nailed Lina, bravo! Her sculpt looks incredible!

• Like 1

littlecherishdoll

OH MY GOSH, she looks incredible... I absolutely adore retro anime styles (70s-90s) and this sculpt is to die for... She looks like a 90s version of DC-H-21 :3 I don't have a specific attachment to Slayers in particular... but oh, she would be amazing for a custom (my immediate thought was Dilandau from Escaflowne fsr... though the body type is different). I reallllyyyy hope they release more sculpts like this!

Ylse

Holy Molyyyyyy I really think Volks fricking NAILED it, I just got instant 90s vibes when I saw her. And even though I have yet to watch the series, (and yes I know I definitely should!) I think she looks stunning! So much character and confidence. The eyes and smile are just 😍

When I saw the pictures I yelled OH MY GOD so loudly I startled my boyfriend LOL.

But now... If she will be the doll for December Dolpa, does this mean she will be a clickwar if she does go online? Guess we also don't know yet if there will be a regular Dolpa with covid19 still rampaging around the world 😶

BeyondTime
36 minutes ago, Ylse said:

And even though I have yet to watch the series, (and yes I know I definitely should!)

Season 1 felt a lot like a radio drama set to anime. It was pretty amazing. 

The other seasons were great too, but they were classic anime in style as opposed to feeling like a radio drama.  

• Like 2