Zoom Meetup

Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Subaru

Slayers 30th - LINA=INVERSE

I didn't expect pictures so soon, but.. she looks amazing!! I especially love her costume, volks did a really great job with her🤩

Orenjiina

They did such a good job with her! I love all of the little details and her expression is pretty spot on. I’d love to see Volks do other classic 90’s anime dolls but my wallet would 100% not be happy.

BeyondTime
24 minutes ago, Orenjiina said:

I’d love to see Volks do other classic 90’s anime dolls but my wallet would 100% not be happy.

Tell me about it...

When Elsa and Anna were announced I was prepared to pass on Lina, but she’s just too perfect. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

mogaman39

Lina Inverse is one of the most iconic female character ever. I so must have to buy her. And if some day the release a Naga DDDy I'd die by nerdgasm.

• Like 1

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, mogaman39 said:

Lina Inverse is one of the most iconic female character ever.

There is only one Lina Inverse. 

• Like 1

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Banders

OHMIGOD she's so cute!!!

I absolutely love Slayers and they've really got her look down just right! I hope she is a Lottery doll, and not clickwar, so I can pretend to have a chance to get her. TTдTT

Living with: MDD H01, DDSB Yayoi Takatsuki, DDP Akira, DDS Nia Teppelin

My Instagram ★

monkeypizzasonic

Maybe it's just because I've been updating the SmD news thread, but her sculpt kinda reminds me of Prowess. In a good way.

1455750fcbfda4ba0df28a2db363d4a3.jpg

I think it's the "smirky kitty" energy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

kranberrijam

I only wish her eyes were taller, but then again I'm a sucker for super tall 90's anime eyes. Otherwise, she looks perfect. I want to know how her earrings will attach....

Sadly, I have to pass after Venus, I can't afford her. But this gives me hope that maybe, MAYBE one day Volks will do Lime. I mean, they did do a CharaGumin of her, so I can dream, can't I?

🍺💅🐙 Linktree : Instagram : TwitterYouTube 🐙💅🍺

931519944_Xakselle_banner_blogger-Copy.jpg.13edd8df929d8ad05e5998f9d5689a19.jpg

BeyondTime
3 hours ago, kranberrijam said:

But this gives me hope that maybe, MAYBE one day Volks will do Lime. I mean, they did do a CharaGumin of her, so I can dream, can't I?

The marionettes would be conceptually perfect as DD. Megumi Hayashibara, the VA for Lina, was also the VA for Lime. She recorded many of the OP/ED songs for both series.

https://youtu.be/TEiH-ppzSgI

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ren

I think I know what was bugging me, her face reminds me of a Kikipop.

il_570xN.775785062_nso7.jpg

• Like 1

Anna-neko

Absolutely loving all the outfit details!! Lina-chan has as many magical baubles as her lil frame can carry
Adore the hair styling, the red matches her eyes very nicely.

The eyes? freakin fantastic!!! ... a lil iffy on her impish mouth tho

• Like 1

eland

Hi Everyone! Newbie here, have never owned a vinyl doll and had no plans on doing so either.

I managed to resist Sailor Venus, even though she's always been a fav. But Lina... *sigh* 

And she looks really good too. Dammit. OK Volks... You win....

• Like 1

pyoko

Oooh, she looks amazing. I really adore Lina a lot. 

Will it be difficult to get her? (Sorry, newbie here 😅  I only have Smartdolls so far) 

Nyx Whitestar

Since the annoncement, I was VERY curious, I thought she would be difficult to adapt, and Volks NAILED IT! She is amazing, I love her sculpt!

Personally she reminds me a lot more of DD Akihabara Girl Akira, a really cute sculpt I like, they share the big eyes and the lovely shape of the mouth 😍

img_04.jpg

Edited by Nyx Whitestar
  • Like 1

ig-log10.png ap10.png

Mecatronico
3 hours ago, eland said:

Hi Everyone! Newbie here, have never owned a vinyl doll and had no plans on doing so either.

I managed to resist Sailor Venus, even though she's always been a fav. But Lina... *sigh* 

And she looks really good too. Dammit. OK Volks... You win....

One of us! One of us!

I agree with you. Lina was a big surprise, I loved Slayers and Lina just turned very well done. Great job from Volks.

• Like 1

BeyondTime
6 hours ago, pyoko said:

Will it be difficult to get her? (Sorry, newbie here 😅  I only have Smartdolls so far) 

It's very hard to say because we have no release details, and we don't know if Covid will cancel the December Dolpa this year. There are a few ways Volks may sell her.

In person sales at the Dolpa & Volks stores in Japan.

Lottery sales online: They don't do lotteries as often as they used to, but it's an option for selling her if the Dolpa is cancelled.

Click war online: This is how she will most likely be sold in the after-event that takes place a few weeks after the in-person Dolpa. If the Dolpa goes online then click war is a possibility.

Limited pre-order: They do this every so often with dolls, but it's rare. It's the best way if you want her because all you have to do is buy her and wait a bit for delivery, but they don't use this method often so don't hold your breath.

Volks USA will usually have a follow up lottery for dolls as a US based after-event. It’s a good way of getting them if you are in North America, but if you win you have to pay up front and then wait a few months for delivery because the dolls come over by cargo ship.

A lot depends on the license holder, and Covid makes everything an unknown this year.

• Thanks 1

BeyondTime
14 hours ago, Chise said:

a lil iffy on her impish mouth tho

I think it captures her personality from the movie and the OVAs. 

Moon-to-Starlight

I’ve never watched it, but a super smiley girl?! I have so many ideas on reshelling her already!

Mega Negi

I can't wait for the inevitable Naga counterpart. I wonder if there will ever be a bust with jiggle physics enabled...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

solebria

I feel that just like Sailor Moon, they were able to produce a nice rendition of her but I still feel it doesn't completely capture her iconic style. I understand that it wouldn't be possible, but I do love what they were able to do! What I do like (that I'm a bit sad they didn't do with the senshi) is how they did the eyes. Both the eyelashes and the actual DD eyes give a good 90's charm! 

I feel that with Lina and Kizuna, Volks was able to work closely with their creators to give the final approval... they even mentioned it! However, as far as I know, they never mentioned if Volks worked really close with Takeuchi with the senshi. Might be a reason why they neither look like the 90s or the manga versions?

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but Volks confirmed that Lina is a DDS!

Super tempted to switch her to a DDP body if I do manage to get her. 😆 ....I'll see if her clothes are a pain to modify. Also super tempted to try to get her twice because her face fits another character I've been wanting to make. We shall see~

Edited by solebria
  • Like 2

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Mega Negi said:

I can't wait for the inevitable Naga counterpart. I wonder if there will ever be a bust with jiggle physics enabled...

Not from Volks, especially seeing as how their lead designer is a very respectable woman. 

1 hour ago, solebria said:

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but Volks confirmed that Lina is a DDS!

Thanks for posting that. I’m ok with Lina on DDS, she’ll be the same height as Usagi and that seems a good fit. 

pyoko

@BeyondTime Thank you. I will keep an eye open on news about her. I am from Europe, so the US events won't work for me :(

Edited by pyoko

BeyondTime
4 minutes ago, pyoko said:

I am from Europe

Europe has Dollfie Dream Friend Shops located in France and England, so you might check those and see what their own plans are for selling her. The listing is towards the bottom of this page.

https://dollfie.volks.co.jp/shop/