Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Subaru

Slayers 30th - LINA=INVERSE

Roxanne
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

Most likely. You can login to your account, go to your profile, and check for a user group with Lina’s name. If you don’t see one then you didn’t win her. 

Volks Japan is selling her by lottery, so you can enter for her again through them. 

Do you happen to know if people outside of Japan can pay for lottery with PayPal? I never participated in a lottery before and it does say PayPal isn't accepted for them, but I was wondering if there was an exception for the people outside of Japan? It's confusing to me. I don't really understand why it's normally a payment option, but for lottery not? 

My instagram! 

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

Do you happen to know if people outside of Japan can pay for lottery with PayPal? I never participated in a lottery before and it does say PayPal isn't accepted for them, but I was wondering if there was an exception for the people outside of Japan? It's confusing to me. I don't really understand why it's normally a payment option, but for lottery not? 

They generally don’t accept PayPal for event dolls. We don’t know for sure why, but we do know that in the past Volks has had issues with people backing out of lottery sales / pre-orders. They now want payment up front, and it may simply be that credit cards provide them with a safer transaction.

It’s also possible that it’s just a simple case of PayPal’s terms not being workable for these events.  

If they have leftovers that get sold by clickwar, PayPal will probably be an option at that time, but no guarantees they will have any leftovers. 

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Veravey
7 minutes ago, BeyondTime said:

They now want payment up front, and it may simply be that credit cards provide them with a safer transaction.

Would this apply to the Snow Miku items coming out in 2 weeks, too? I've never attempted a lottery or clickwar so I'm not sure how the Glowing Snow outfit set will be handled. This is via VolksUSA.

ftRtwRu9355h.gif.886b75a4e71a6125e1f5c114f2fd2e47.gif

BeyondTime
30 minutes ago, Veravey said:

Would this apply to the Snow Miku items coming out in 2 weeks, too? I've never attempted a lottery or clickwar so I'm not sure how the Glowing Snow outfit set will be handled. This is via VolksUSA.

Pre-orders are usually credit card, but I am not as sure about outfits. I expect Snow Miku herself will probably be credit card only  

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

Missy

I ended up purchasing Lina shortly after Hobby Round through Yahoo Japan auctions. Her sculpt is amazing but I figured I would share a bit of warning on her outfit. I had the worst time with her leggings. I can’t tell if there was a sewing mishap that for some reason causes her leggings to twist around as you’re putting them on. I had to get really creative on trying to prevent the leggings from twisting so much that I can’t poke her feet out. I wish everyone good luck on the lottery and with dressing her as my fingers were very sore afterwards. 

Roxanne
1 hour ago, BeyondTime said:

They generally don’t accept PayPal for event dolls. We don’t know for sure why, but we do know that in the past Volks has had issues with people backing out of lottery sales / pre-orders. They now want payment up front, and it may simply be that credit cards provide them with a safer transaction.

It’s also possible that it’s just a simple case of PayPal’s terms not being workable for these events.  

If they have leftovers that get sold by clickwar, PayPal will probably be an option at that time, but no guarantees they will have any leftovers. 

Thank you so much for the quick and helpful response! That's sad to hear, but I will just have to hope I can still get her afterwards somehow.
When do leftovers generally appear in the store? Is it right after the lottery won dolls have been shipped out?

My instagram! 

BeyondTime
2 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Thank you so much for the quick and helpful response! That's sad to hear, but I will just have to hope I can still get her afterwards somehow.
When do leftovers generally appear in the store? Is it right after the lottery won dolls have been shipped out?

There is no established norm for this, but I would say that usually within a few weeks of the store events coming to a close is typical. The stores, both web and physical, have to reach a point where they have a quantity of unsold stock and then it takes a bit of time to prepare it for sale through the webstore. The best suggestion I can give is check the Volks Japan site daily, and at some point you will see changes that indicate that they are preparing any unsold stock for sale on the web. This could be as simple a pending listing for Lina and Uzuki on the webstore, or there may be a formal announcement.

In recent times it's not unusual for them to have unsold stock, but there just isn't any guarantee.

Your other option is to have a proxy go to a Volks store in Japan on your behalf.

• Like 1

crappyshappyshaw

Hooray, I snagged her! Hopefully her aftermarket price won't be too bad for those that didn't win, or maybe some who won and decide to rescind their order will put up some sales posts quickly? I didn't realize how popular Lina was, but maybe that's just this little group. I pray she won't be gouged by scalpers.

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, crappyshappyshaw said:

I pray she won't be gouged by scalpers.

She was ¥120k back in December before the Dolpa, so not too bad as aftermarket prices go.

mogaman39

Volks already charged my credit card. That means I won the lottery or shoud I wait until February 4th for confirmation?

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, mogaman39 said:

Volks already charged my credit card. That means I won the lottery or shoud I wait until February 4th for confirmation?

I always say it's never official until you get a winning email.

katnaper

Well, tried re-entering in the Japan lottery so hopefully will have more luck there. ☺️ Congrats to all the US winners!

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

That_Dollfie_Dude
On 1/22/2021 at 4:20 PM, Veravey said:

Now that the Volks USA info for Snow Miku is up, we can see that they are accepting Paypal as payment for her.

https://volksusastore.com/webstores/event/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=94

• Like 1

BeyondTime
8 minutes ago, Prowess_dollie said:

Now that the Volks USA info for Snow Miku is up, we can see that they are accepting Paypal as payment for her.

Sorry, missed the Volks USA part of the question. Volks USA takes Paypal for special event & pre-order dolls, it's Volks Japan that doesn't.

• Like 1

mogaman39

YES!!! ✌️✌️✌️ I WON THE LOTTERY!! Rina is coming home.

Screenshot_2021-02-04-11-08-53-82.jpg

• Like 3

Roxanne
1 hour ago, mogaman39 said:

YES!!! ✌️✌️✌️ I WON THE LOTTERY!! Rina is coming home.

Screenshot_2021-02-04-11-08-53-82.jpg

Congrats! I am super happy for you! 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My instagram! 

Ahiru

Congratulations to everyone welcoming a Lina soon! Does anyone have any owner pics or links to that? I can’t seem to find many 😔

katnaper

Congrats to all who won!  I managed to snag her too hehehe.😆

• Like 1

35627757593_19f2b2cd8a_n.jpg

We have our own BLOG. Please visit us at the House of Nyan by clicking this link or our sig above. See you there. Or, come see what Nyanko-sensei is up to at the Katnaper's Den

BeyondTime
16 minutes ago, Beani said:

Lina is currently in stock at Volks for those interested in her. She was out of stock yesterday so not sure what happened. No low stock warning at this time: https://dollfie.ec.volks.co.jp/item/4518992433288.html

On 1/22/2021 at 2:18 PM, Roxanne said:

I bought Uzuki V2 when she got listed, and was able to use Paypal, so you should be able to use Paypal with Lina.

• Like 1

BeyondTime

My Lina has shipped from Volks USA. 

BeyondTime

She arrived, I won’t have time to unpack her outfit and dress her until after I finish working for the day, so she’s sitting naked on a doll chair on my coffee table. 

She’s perfect, unhappy about her lack of clothes, but still a perfect Lina.

I keep telling her she looks just fine as is, but she keeps telling me “that’s not the issue here...“

BeyondTime

Here is a closeup of Lina's face, and honestly photos don't do her justice. In Slayers there are a lot of jokes about Lina's looks, but in person she's a really beautiful DD. Now that she's here, I've been binge watching Slayers with her, and I can't stop looking at her face. She's just a really beautiful doll.

51080179817_78d241ecef_k.jpg

I had a chance to dress her up in her outfit, and when she's dressed her body and head are perfectly proportioned for the character.

I held her up to Iori and Yayoi, and her head is quite a bit bigger than Yayoi's, so I didn't bother putting her on a DDP body to see if she looked more like Lina. On a DDP she's going to look like a bobblehead. Volks could have made a smaller head for her, but the way they made her she's perfect on DDS S body.

The outfit itself is really intricate and is probably somewhere between Jeanne d'Arc and Saber Altria in terms of complexity. It is lined with white, but there are lots of red threads at the seams, so if you plan on putting her in it for long periods, you probably want a body stocking. I'm going to put it on one of my spare DDS bodies to see if it stains, but I'm thinking it's pretty likely.

• Like 6

Galvatim

Man, she really does look like Lina!  I hope I can snag her in the future.  

Too bad Volks didn't make her movie/OVA outfit, too.  Might be less of a staining risk, and would give me more hope of DDdy Naga.  

BeyondTime
1 hour ago, Galvatim said:

Might be less of a staining risk, and would give me more hope of DDdy Naga.

I’m really hoping that they make more of them. I’d love to see Naga, Sylphiel, and Filia as DDS. For that matter Martina & Eris would make cute DDS too. Slayers had such great characters.

Kind of funny that Naga and Amelia are sisters. XD

For anyone who isn't aware of it, Naga’s full name is: Gracia Ul Naga Seyruun.