Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Subaru

Slayers 30th - LINA=INVERSE

Ayuuya
6 hours ago, Mega Negi said:

I can't wait for the inevitable Naga counterpart. I wonder if there will ever be a bust with jiggle physics enabled...

There’s always the 3rd party alternatives lol

Ylse

Saw this tweet yesterday with more of a close-up:

Quite the high forehead hahaha. Also the wig seems to also have those "crooked" bits like what Sailor Venus also has?

I do really love her eyes 🤩😍

Edited by Ylse
  • Like 2

Monty

I'm super impressed - at both how she looks and the fact that we got to see her so soon! 
If there are still more unreleasd photos in the next Volks News (or maybe even before then), I hope we can see a side profile too. I really wanna know what her nose is like.

Lina

Steep price tag, I can't understand the rest but here is the most recent info on her.
spacer.png

• Like 3

Monty

Makes sense considering her elaborate armour pieces, but might this be sticker shock for some. 
Also interesting to me is that she’s getting a quantity limited (ie first come first serve) preorder for people attending Hobby Round in November - I think as part of some kind of Slayers mini event within that event. That’s in addition to the Dolpa release we already knew about (and I assume, the after event). 

That miiight mean there’s a decent quantity of her being made.

The bit on the bottom right is about a DD ‘experience’ corner at Hobby Round that lets people unfamiliar with DDs play around with one to see what they’re like (it will be a Karin, apparently.) They also did this at Magical Mirai with Miku, Rin and Len (maybe also Luka - ive only been to the MagiMirai she was announced at) - I think it’s a great idea for events where the typical attendees may not know much about DDs. Unrelated to Lina, but seeing this and thinking about bridging the gap between the doll and hobby divisions of Volks reminded me of the potential VLocker DD again. I wonder if that’s still going to happen.

Gabihime

I’m so excited for her!  Lina has been one of my favorites for decades.  I really love how she looks, although it would have been great to see her open mouthed with a fang.

• Like 1

BeyondTime

I was expecting her to be a higher price because of her sword, cape, and armor. 85k doesn’t surprise me that much.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

ramcoy

¥95.300 with tax

it will be around ¥119.000 with shipping and custom 😱

Ylse
1 hour ago, ramcoy said:

¥95.300 with tax

it will be around ¥119.000 with shipping and custom 😱

Yea oof. Customs will probably be like 200 euros here 🥺😖 but first need to see if she will be clickwar or if there even will be a december Dolpa. (Also waiting for Frozen reveal)

Anna-neko
38 minutes ago, kranberrijam said:

I need to stop looking at her, I want her head and eyes so badly. Need to hit the lottery stat.

heeeey, u could do split!

I'd glady take all her magic stuff =P

mogaman39
6 hours ago, kranberrijam said:

I need to stop looking at her, I want her head and eyes so badly. Need to hit the lottery stat.

Come on, if you only want her to rip her apart don't try to buy her. Let the people like more chances to get her. :sad:😭

• Confused 4

Subaru
1 hour ago, mogaman39 said:

Come on, if you only want her to rip her apart don't try to buy her. Let the people like more chances to get her. :sad:😭

Sorry but I find this comment and mindset to be rude or gate-keepy.
I'm not sure if this was meant to be a joke or banter between friends because tone is a little hard to convey via text. 

People enjoy the doll collecting hobby in many different ways, some people use character unique sculpts to make their own custom dolls!
It's fun to see your ideas come to life! 

Since Lina's sculpt/styling has features iconic to a specific era of anime, so I can understand why people would want to use her sculpt for their own projects.

Edited by Subaru
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

My wallet needs a vacation 💸
spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy

Yumeiro
1 hour ago, mogaman39 said:

What's the difference with getting a doll to keep whole and to "pick apart"? Isn't the purpose the same in the end, no matter what/how you do it?

kranberrijam
12 hours ago, Chise said:

heeeey, u could do split!

I'd glady take all her magic stuff =P

Ohman, if only I could, but I think my husband would divorce me. ^^;; She is ugh, so 90's though, ARG. Venu couldn't have waited until next year; pardon me while I *grumble*

Edited by kranberrijam

🍺💅🐙 Linktree : Instagram : TwitterYouTube 🐙💅🍺

931519944_Xakselle_banner_blogger-Copy.jpg.13edd8df929d8ad05e5998f9d5689a19.jpg

BeyondTime
50 minutes ago, kranberrijam said:

Venu couldn't have waited until next year; pardon me while I *grumble*

Venus' release at the very next event after Jupiter was quite a surprise.

The difference between Dollfie Dreams and Heroin? Heroin is illegal, Dollfie Dreams probably should be.

“Empty wallets, full hearts.” That’s probably an apt description for the effects of DD addiction

kranberrijam
11 hours ago, BeyondTime said:

Venus' release at the very next event after Jupiter was quite a surprise.

Right?? I was not ready and had to fight to get her. THEN they announce Lina and I was ready to bang my head on a wall. Why do I have to get a new computer, arg! Stupid 12 year old dying laptop....

Just really, REALLY hoping this means more 90's dolls in the future. I would sell a kidney for any from "Saber Marionette."

🍺💅🐙 Linktree : Instagram : TwitterYouTube 🐙💅🍺

931519944_Xakselle_banner_blogger-Copy.jpg.13edd8df929d8ad05e5998f9d5689a19.jpg

mogaman39
21 hours ago, Subaru said:

Sorry but I find this comment and mindset to be rude or gate-keepy.
I'm not sure if this was meant to be a joke or banter between friends because tone is a little hard to convey via text. 

People enjoy the doll collecting hobby in many different ways, some people use character unique sculpts to make their own custom dolls!
It's fun to see your ideas come to life! 

Since Lina's sculpt/styling has features iconic to a specific era of anime, so I can understand why people would want to use her sculpt for their own projects.

I'm sorry if I look like I'm being rude. But I REALLY want her (it's on my profile and I posted about it 6 years ago) and not knowing how Volks will sell her took out the worst of me. 

2020-10-21.png

Subaru
2 hours ago, mogaman39 said:

I'm sorry if I look like I'm being rude. But I REALLY want her (it's on my profile and I posted about it 6 years ago) and not knowing how Volks will sell her took out the worst of me. 

It's fine to really want her.

I'm glad that one of your favorite characters is being made into a doll!
Regardless if you posted it 6 years ago, it doesn't mean you can police who is worthy of owning Lina or not. It doesn't mean that you are entitled to own her either.

It comes off as a "purity test", if you know what I mean. 😅 

Let people enjoy their hobbies in their own way; so please don't tell people "don't try to buy her" because you enjoy the hobby in a different way.

The information regarding sales is still coming out, so please don't jump to conclusions and get upset.
Everyone is here to enjoy collecting little anime people!

Edited by Subaru
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

My wallet needs a vacation 💸
spacer.png
Blog Insta Ko-Fi Etsy

Elagabalus

There have been dolls that I REALLY wanted too, and lost, consecutively (I lost Arle three times, including in person at Dolpa). I have never once felt the need to police other doll owners over what they choose to do with their dolls. I think the only time it's valid to get upset about it is when it's scalpers buying up limited dolls en masse, which will always be an actual problem in this hobby as opposed to someone enjoying the hobby in their own way.

To add to the actual discussion about Lina, I am blown away by how good she looks! I can't wait to see people repaint her, and I'd love to see her face from other angles! I hope someone will also enhance the original faceup by adding a little fang >w<.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

BeyondTime
4 hours ago, mogaman39 said:

But I REALLY want her (it's on my profile and I posted about it 6 years ago) and not knowing how Volks will sell her took out the worst of me. 

The issue has never been people who do splits, the issue is scalpers. In the past a few scalpers have posted photos of stacks and stacks of doll boxes containing one particular doll they got dozens of by paying people to stand in line at the Dolpa.

• Like 2

Victoria

I don't think there is anything to worry. If you really want her that badly and have funds for the doll, you can usually justify paying a slight mark-up, too.

There is no reason for panicking, imho.

I don't think that the after-market price will be that bad considering Volks tends to release more dolls in the past years in general (it isn't that way with the SDs, sadly) and therefore there are always many DDs popping up on Yahoo Auctions Japan. 

Edited by Victoria

Conuresans
2 hours ago, Victoria said:

I don't think there is anything to worry. If you really want her that badly and have funds for the doll, you can usually justify paying a slight mark-up, too.

There is no reason for panicking, imho.

I don't think that the after-market price will be that bad considering Volks tends to release more dolls in the past years in general (it isn't that way with the SDs, sadly) and therefore there are always many DDs popping up on Yahoo Auctions Japan. 

Not to mention, they might offer her in after-events on USA- if they got her and you wanted to go the route of a proxy. But like mentioned, Volks has released dolls more so than in past years + even if it was about the same, in this hobby, I have yet to see a DD mold that doesn't eventually appear on aftermarket in some way or form. Heck, most of my new (to me) dolls this year have been dolls that I "gave up" on because of pricing and reappeared when the timing was better. So definitely wanna emphasize no need for panicking as like mentioned, if lost you can usually justify a slight markup or people will probably post if anyone wants to take their winning entry because life happens. 

On topic, Lina is cute but I'm skipping on this as I've never seen Slayers? + Not feeling as attached to her design but I look forward to seeing her float around in owner pics!! 🤩 

Edited by Conuresans
Edited because I apparently cannot read locations

Home: Melt (DDH-09), Kano (Iris Collect), Kirika, Y'Shtola, Suzune (Iris Collect Petite)