Tierparkzone

Frollywog

Veravey

MagicalRozen

Baldylox

Lizik-chan

Azone 50's anyone?

K-2
Is there a way to get AZO2 bodies by themselves? I've been looking everywhere and I can't seem to find them. I want to try putting Angel Philia thighs on them and doing my best to dye everything tan... Though I may chicken out of that part .

AZ02 bodies (sans heads) show up on Yahoo Japan Auctions frequently, mostly G busts.

MVSig.jpg

cfx
Two more Iris Collect cuties will soon be going up for sale!

This summer, Noix returns in two forms: as a blond-haired, green-eyed cutie in white and as a pink-haired, blue-eyed cutie in cream! In addition to cute little dresses, they also come with adorable bikinis for a day on the beach.

NOIX SUNSHINE VACATION:

http://news.azone-int.co.jp/archives/21996

28090586527_55c87ea9ba_z.jpgNoix Sunshine Vacation by Cauldroness, on Flickr

Some pictures of her from Wonder Festival here:

https://hobby.dengeki.com/event/605353/3/

magique

Prospective owner here lol. Do Azones fit DDS or DD clothes? Or has anyone tried the fit? I definitely want one, but I don't know what my girl will be able to wear. The Azone clothing selection is pretty limited.

Tira
Prospective owner here lol. Do Azones fit DDS or DD clothes? Or has anyone tried the fit? I definitely want one, but I don't know what my girl will be able to wear. The Azone clothing selection is pretty limited.

Azone dolls are much slimmer than DD or DDS; in terms of Volks bodies, they're pretty much the same size as a DDP. MDD size sets will fit well in terms of width, but Azone dolls have longer arms and legs.

Cauldroness

If you're getting an Iris Collect girl -- then YES, there are lots of DD & DDS clothes that will fit Iris Collect.

DDP will NOT fit Iris Collect.

You have to remember that Iris Collect are not on the Obitsu 50cm body; they're on the AZ02 body. This means they have Booty with a capital B. (The Obitsu 50cm body is much closer to DDP. AZ02 cannot wear Obitsu 50cm clothing other than shoes and socks, or looser pieces like baggy sweaters.)

I've found that DD/DDS shorts, capris, and skirts all fit very well on AZ02. With some items, there is slight gapping at the waist, because the AZ02 waist is smaller than the DDS waist. But, for example, DD Rise's default skirt fits perfectly on my AZ02 girls. (Stuff that is made for DD ~and~ resin SD generally runs too big, however. You have to look for items that are actually made for DD/DDS.) Long pants and floor-length skirts will not work -- they'll be too long. Note that capris won't actually be capris on an AZ02 -- with the height difference, they'll run a little longer and be closer to a cropped pant.

As for tops -- the AZ02 G and I bodies are also Busty with a capital B. Tops made specifically for DD/DDS with S-bust or M-bust will fit, although they they'll come further down on the torso and may be slightly looser at the waist. (Again, stuff that is made for DD ~and~ resin SD will be too big. Look for stuff that is actually made for DD/DDS.) Long sleeves will be slightly too long, but otherwise they will fit.

Here's how the Volks lace-up top looks on a DD:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=9383&start=60#p139373

Here's Rino with the same outfit -- this is the pink version of the outfit, but otherwise it's identical. The shirt comes down farther on her torso, and the skirt comes down lower on her thighs, but it does fit:

46133742961_3fcc8572de.jpg

DSC02045 by Cauldroness, on Flickr

Here's without the overshirt, so you can see she actually fills out the bustier pretty well -- and remember, this is the SMALLER AZ02 bust:

45410043074_58bc61e5cf.jpg

DSC02040 by Cauldroness, on Flickr

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

Doll Photos & Doll Jewelry Sales: Follow me on Instagram

magique

I was going for an Iris Collect girl so that's really good to know! It was hard to find any info, so this is very helpful. Thank you so much! It's good to know that they're a bit more petite despite being curvy, so I can guide my shopping. (Also, your Rino is super cute!)

nanika

I shall tempt you with some pictures!

Here's my Rino (1st version) in various Azone wigs and outfits.

image.php?album_id=414&image_id=1623

http://www.dollfiedreams.com/gallery/image.php?album_id=414&image_id=1623

image.php?album_id=414&image_id=1625

http://www.dollfiedreams.com/gallery/image.php?album_id=414&image_id=1625

A few of my Azone 50 girls:

[album]1628[/album] [album]1559[/album] [album]1624[/album] [album]1626[/album] [album]1627[/album] [album]1558[/album] [album]1557[/album] [album]1629[/album]

K-2

Just a general note. The AZ02 bodies are Obitsu 50cm bodies. Like the Angel Philia girls, which are also Obitsu 50cms, the AZ02 uses a number of custom proprietary exterior vinyl parts, which are larger in diameter than the stock Obitsu 50cm vinyls, i.e. larger busts, wider hips and thighs, etc. All internal skeletal components are identical to those of the stock Obitsu 50cm body. Many of these Azone proprietary exterior vinyl parts are interchangeable with stock Obitsu parts and Angel Philia parts.

MVSig.jpg

Cauldroness
Just a general note. The AZ02 bodies are Obitsu 50cm bodies. Like the Angel Philia girls, which are also Obitsu 50cms, the AZ02 uses a number of custom proprietary exterior vinyl parts, which are larger in diameter than the stock Obitsu 50cm vinyls, i.e. larger busts, wider hips and thighs, etc. All internal skeletal components are identical to those of the stock Obitsu 50cm body. Many of these Azone proprietary exterior vinyl parts are interchangeable with stock Obitsu parts and Angel Philia parts.

Yup! I actually have Angel Philia blushed hands and feet for my Azone Iris Collect girls, and Obitsu 50cm optional hand parts as well.

Just remember the AZ02 is incredibly different, size-wise, from the "default" or "original" (or whatever you want to call it) 50cm body. So just because clothing says "fits Obitsu 50cm" doesn't mean it'll fit AZ02 at all.

If you're shopping for Azone clothes, they'll list the fit for Obitsu 48cm (original body) and Obitsu 50cm (original body) separate from the fit for AZ02. Here are the categories they have:

- 48cm, with two busts: S & L

- 50cm, with three busts: S, M, & L

- AZ02, with three busts: C, G & I

I've never actually seen an AZ02 with a C-bust, but they list it so it must exist? I'm assuming it's smaller than the G or I.

• Like 1

magique

@Nanika your Rino is so cute! I've decided to get an Azone girl 100% now C: Thank you sooo much for the pictures. Owner photos of these girls are surprisingly sparse!

@K-2 Thank you for that info. I heard these girls are very busty and was wondering if I could find a smaller bust option. I'd be fine either way, but it might be fun to see if I can hybridize a smaller Obitsu bust to fit!

@cauldroness that's really good info to have! You're like the azone expert, haha.

Cauldroness

Nanika, I like your taste in Azones! We have the same Rino and Kano releases. I have a different Noix from you, though.

I think your Sumire looks much better than she does in the official photos.

K-2
@K-2 Thank you for that info. I heard these girls are very busty and was wondering if I could find a smaller bust option. I'd be fine either way, but it might be fun to see if I can hybridize a smaller Obitsu bust to fit!

BUST CHART!

MVBustChart02.jpg

The giant size version is here:

http://madhvinyl.com/Posts/333/MVBustChart02.jpg

• Like 1

MVSig.jpg

Riesz

Hello all, I just ordered my first Azone 50cm - the DS version of Sumire Wabi-Sabi Maid. I'm an avid collector of 1/6 scale dolls, mainly Azone, and this will be my first larger doll. I've been admiring DD and Azone 50s for a long time and have lost out on every DD lottery I've entered. I'm so happy to finally bring a cute 1/3 scale doll home!

I've been reading through this thread and I'm particularly interested about clothing. I saw a post saying that DD and DDS clothing should fit AZO2, although it will be a bit long. I'm mainly looking for frilly lolita-style dresses so I'm not too concerned about it being slightly long or large in the waist. Could anyone recommend some places to look for this style of clothing?

Thanks everyone!

cfx

Dollheart specializes in lolita clothing and sizes specifically for DD:

http://dollheart.net/

Volks has some, but be careful there. It was posted earlier that you need DD-specific fit, not clothing for SD that is also stated to fit DD. With Volks that means you want their Tenshi-no-Koromo line, and not all of it.

That subection on Volks Japan is here:

https://www.volks.co.jp/page_ex.jsp?CONTROLID=SC0030&BUSINESSID=InitDisp&category=D04&l=03&m=01&s=004&version=en

Example page with a listing like you want:

https://www.volks.co.jp/page_ex.jsp?CONTROLID=SC0040&BUSINESSID=InitDisp&jancd=4518992417233&version=en

Note it says:

Size: DDS (SS-S-M Bust Only) / DDS Boys / DD (SS-S-M Bust Only) / DD Boys

Volks USA:

https://volksusastore.com/webstores/dollfie/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=950

Mandarake is a good source for non-current Volks clothing:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/ListPage/serchKeyWord?categoryCode=020114&keyword=%E5%A4%A9%E4%BD%BF%E3%81%AE%E3%81%93%E3%82%8D%E3%82%82&lang=en

Click on something you like and generally there will be a closeup picture of the package label; Volks will have compatible sizes with a circle on them and incompatible struck out. Again you want it to show compatibility with only DD sizes, not SD.

Disclaimer: I don't own any AZO2 or Obitsu bodies, and am using the size info stated earlier in this thread.

magique

BUST CHART!

MVBustChart02.jpg

The giant size version is here:

http://madhvinyl.com/Posts/333/MVBustChart02.jpg

Thank you! (also jesus angelphilias look weird haha) the smaller obitsu bust looks like it could work. But I gotta say, the AZO2 body looks more naturally proportioned than I thought. I'll have to wait to decide until my girl comes.

Cauldroness

Congrats, Riesz, on your new girl! So you got the pink-haired, pink-eyed version of Sumire? I think she's probably my favorite version of Sumire that they've released so far.

I think you'll really love your new Iris Collect girl, especially if you have a lot of smaller Azone. It's so nice that they're so easy to order -- I've also lost every Volks International lotto I've entered. Such a different buying experience, isn't it?

Sumire is on the G bust, like Noix and Rino, which I think makes her a little easier to dress than Kano's generous I bust.

For frilly lolita outfits, you may want to look at the Twinkle outfits that Azone recently released:

- Brown & Ivory

- Burgandy & White

- Blue & Black

These are made for the AZ02 body and will fit perfectly.

Avoid stuff like Ellen's Closet or Black Raven clothing; even though it's made by Azone, it's for the slimmer 50cm body and won't fit on the AZ02 body.

I've also dressed my girls in outfits by Musedoll, which made slimmer SD-sized dolls:

http://musedoll.com/shop/step0.php?b_code=B20060721085747&c_code=C20060721085519

Dollheart, mentioned by cfx, is also a good choice though even some of their DD-specific stuff can run a touch large.

I also make a lot of oversized stuff fit with a few well-placed safety pins. I try to buy the smallest safety pins I can, so they're not so visible.

Riesz

Thanks so much for all the help, everyone!

Yes, the doll I ordered is Sumire with pink hair and pink/red eyes. I have a serious weakness for pink-haired dolls and can't wait to have Sumire surrounded by my 1/6 and 1/12 pinky Azone PureNeemos! I'm partial to green eyes with pink hair though, so I may try to find some eyes for her sometime in the future. Does anyone know what size of eyes would fit Sumire's head mold?

I also noticed on the promo shots that it seems like she doesn't have much or any lip or cheek colour. Would it be risky to attempt adding a bit of blush on her cheeks and possibly painting glossy clear acrylic on her lips and nails?

Also, I found a Volks dress I really like that is listed as size: DDS (SS / S / M only), DDSB, DD (SS / S / M only) but I can't link it. On the Volks Japan website it is called プリンセスピンクジャンパースカート

On the Musedoll site you linked, I LOVE the Le jardin rose dress and want it badly, hehe.

Would the Volks and Musedoll outfits fit AZO2 G-bust? I'm just worried about that part.

Sorry for the bombardment of questions! There's a lot to learn with this scale of doll, haha.

Cauldroness

Hey Riesz, please ask as many questions as you want! That's what we're here for, to share our love of dolls and our knowledge.

Your Sumire will wear 18mm eyes. All Iris Collect girls share the same head mold, so they all share the same eye size. I have 20mm Arietta Project eyes in my Rino, but I had to go inside her head and carve away the eye sockets in order to make the 20mm fit (and they still don't fit perfectly). I have an email out to Arietta Project to see if they'll make some custom 18mm eyes.

Looking at that Volks dress, it probably should fit Sumire's G-bust. It could be slightly snug, but the busts are squishy vinyl so you can usually make things work.

Glossy clear acrylic on her lips and nails shouldn't be an issue, so long as you use something that's OK for vinyl. For blush, there's always risk of the sealant getting foggy, cracking, or flaking, which could possibly damage her face-up. You could always not seal it -- the blush would wear away over time, but you could just reapply as needed?

• Like 1

Riesz

I decided to order the Musedoll Le jardin rose outfit, and gamble with ordering the Volks princess pink jumper skirt plus a Volks strawberry milk heart outfit. I actually might be buying a DDS soon as well, so if the outfits don't fit Azone I can use them on her. Here's hoping Mandarake has all the stuff I want in stock!

Cauldroness

New December outfits announced:

http://news.azone-int.co.jp/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/2018_%E8%A1%A3%E8%A3%85DM30_%E4%B8%AD%E9%9D%A2_s.jpg

The plaid dresses and the sweater/skirt combos look like they'll fit AZ02, while the sailor set is only for the slimmer Obitsu 50cm original body.

There's also a shrine maiden set (just the short-skirt style for AZ02):

http://news.azone-int.co.jp/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/2018_%E8%A1%A3%E8%A3%85DM30_%E8%A1%A8%E9%9D%A2_s.jpg

Testament

Lovely shrine maidens.

Even 1/12 piconeemo... I use this line to dress some of my figma and polynian figures.

banner%2Bb%2Band%2Bm%2B1200%2Bpx%2Bcon%2

Riesz

Aww, I love the sailor dresses... it's too bad they won't fit AZO2 G-bust or higher. Looks like they will fit the smaller bodies and AZO2 C-bust.

Also, does anyone know if Iris Collect ears are similar in size and shape to most Dollfie Dreams ears? I'm looking at getting some elf ear attachments.

nanika
If you're shopping for Azone clothes, they'll list the fit for Obitsu 48cm (original body) and Obitsu 50cm (original body) separate from the fit for AZ02. Here are the categories they have:

- 48cm, with two busts: S & L

- 50cm, with three busts: S, M, & L

- AZ02, with three busts: C, G & I

I've never actually seen an AZ02 with a C-bust, but they list it so it must exist? I'm assuming it's smaller than the G or I.

Poor forgotten Nanaka (Happiness Clover) was a C-bust. And the Hybrid Active Character Ram (Re:Zero) was also a C-bust.

I'm thinking that Azone will eventually make a C-bust character for the Iris Collect line-- for variety.

As for the 48cm and 50cm Obitsu bodies, they use the same torso. So you can also have a M bust 48cm. The height difference comes from the legs.

Cauldroness

Ah! So the C-Bust is used with the other doll lines. That makes sense!

I do wonder if we'll get another Iris Collect girl. So far we've seen 3 Noix (although the first two were just color variations so you could argue it's really only 2), 2 Kano, 2 Rino, and 2 Sumire -- and they all share the same head.

It would be great if they added more diversity to the line, especially via new head molds and more body variety. I think the next release will be very telling. Will it be another Noix? Or will it be someone new?

Re: 48cm M-Bust -- It is possible, it's just not one of Azone's sizing categories. My list was only the size categories that Azone uses, not every possible combination.

lucidium

Hi everyone! I’m expecting Sumire (Be My Sweetie) in the mail. Where can I get clothes for her? I heard that DD clothes are too big, and MSD clothes are too tight? And is there a way to change the busy size?

Thanks in advance!